My guess on Vitiate/Valkorion's reason to choose Zakuul(Spoiler)

Slowpokeking

I understand why did he pick Zakuul and think the Empire is not worthy, from his view. He wanted to devour the galaxy, and he simply used the Empire as a tool to achieve this. However, loyalty is garbage to most of the Sith. The Sith would plot against him, some of them even learned his true goal. Jadus, Baras, Malgus, Scourge and a bunch more Sith are all plotting against him with different reasons. I think the Dread Masters also had planned to betray the Empire before JK too his voice down, rather than "the Emperor is gone so we no longer serve the Empire". He is a Sith, but building an empire of Sith could not help him achieve his ultimate goal.

So he picked Zakuul and made himself a benevolent Emperor, and reformed the Zakuul knights to make a loyal army. This is why the Zakuul knights' "using both light and dark side" is favored by him. It' not like he would go such way, but to ensure they would be very loyal to him, and at the same time willing to do the dirty work. Other people might feel the same way like Koth, Valkorion was so awesome, they don't care what he did to the others, he was nice to Zakuul, but this, was just his disguise, he was still using Zakuul to achieve his final goal. Right now I think he was simply using the Outland the Arcann to form a showdown, he will possess the winner and take over everything, that's his plan.

Yeh, looks like he wants loyalty, blind obedience and worshiping above all else. What for?

I wounder is his fans on Zakuul eventually will have a very rude awakening about their benevolent ruler. Have you noticed how ruling family fits the description of the Old Gods from datapads you can find is Star Fortresses? Dragon Izax the world eater, his sad loyal wife Scyva, his sons – Tyth the warrior and Nahut eaten by jealousy, his powerful daughter Aivella who is an embodiment of passion. Something about outlanders who are a treat also was mentioned. And all that dragons symbols on Valk armor (Arcann's too). Of course there is a question who Esne twin of Aivella is. Oh, and Valk do call Arcann a snake who believes himself a dragon. Would be funny if there is some prophesy that predicts all this mess we are sitting in now.

Edited by RandomName_Ru

Makes sense to me.

(Was) the physical body of Valkorion a vessel? Was Valkorion ever someone separate from the sith emperor? (Like Vash was trying to do with the inquisitor.) Has this been established and I missed it, or should I just assume this was the case because it's the only thing that makes sense. Then again, I think I remember it being said that Valkorion was their ruler for hundreds of years, so.. I don't know, I give up.

No, I think I got it now, the sith emperor is a time lord.

My theory is that he's sick and tired of all factions and heroes tracking him down and trying to kill him, so he's rooting for us the Outlander to win, to be seen as a galactic hero and a legitimate ruler with a good PR, and then take over our body and impersonate us, somehow faking his death to everyone else who knows he's in us. I really don't think devoring the galaxy was ever his plan, he already told us the Sith Empire was just a distraction so he could have said that just to intensify the conflict and keep his true goals away from everyone's attention. Also it was a pretty damn stupid motives only good for a one dimensional cliche vilain and I think Bioware realized that, hence the reset button with Valkorion instead of Vitiate, same but different. He's already much more interesting when he's not babbling about killing everything. Edited by Lazproperty

When you meet him with Marr. He says Zakull was his focus. The war with the Republic, the dark ritual he plans in JK story, it all was most likely a diversion for something really bad and even death wont stop him.

And tbh I think this human man is just a vessel, like the voice was. He was physicaly, more or less, in the Sith empire, but we know he can control people over distance. In JK story, when you are his pupet he wears a mask, at that point we dont know if he has really body, flesh and blood, we dont know about voice as JK. He might also be consumed by the dark side and without a body hence the body armor. Also in that dream chapter he tells the Outlander he is no Sith ;) he is far beyond Sith or Jedi. I think he learnt from Revan more about the Force balance then Revan thought.

He wants ultimate destruction and ruling the galaxy.

Yeh, looks like he wants loyalty, blind obedience and worshiping above all else. What for?

I wounder is his fans on Zakuul eventually will have a very rude awakening about their benevolent ruler. Have you noticed how ruling family fits the description of the Old Gods from datapads you can find is Star Fortresses? Dragon Izax the world eater, his sad loyal wife Scyva, his sons – Tyth the warrior and Nahut eaten by jealousy, his powerful daughter Aivella who is an embodiment of passion. Something about outlanders who are a treat also was mentioned. And all that dragons symbols on Valk armor (Arcann's too). Of course there is a question who Esne twin of Aivella is. Oh, and Valk do call Arcann a snake who believes himself a dragon. Would be funny if there is some prophesy that predicts all this mess we are sitting in now.

you mean like ohh a story about how the old gods would one day be thrown down by a deamon?

yeah you're right some definate parellels between the old gods and the Zakuulian royal family.

while I don't disagree with the above..

It just the transition from Vititate to Valk is soooo big . Like moving from the moon to the Sun and claim they are the same thing . Just that one lost its Light .

Changing voice actor isn't unusual . But his personality ? yes .

And while he try really hard to come off as a whealthy well groomed and dressed and shaved Santa claus....lol he is still look like an abomination to me .

I understand why did he pick Zakuul and think the Empire is not worthy, from his view.

I don't think the Empire isn't worthy of his view . Clearly he needed at some point the Empire for a reason or another . Him claiming the Empire isn't worth saving , is just him manipulating us to let go and cling to Daddy (yeah he can keep dreaming) .

The only tie I found between Vitit and Valk , is when you talk to him after Marr die . Where he say , that the Empire&Repb were mean to end and that Zaakul was his true goal or dream .

Vitiate said the same thing , that he want to experience everything and be everyone he want and such .

So clearly Valk see himself like an architect , that create and destroy whenever he feel like it .

I don't think Ziost , his fight with the JK and his death back on Belsavis by sith warrior are just that....situations that happend . I think he had a plan for a long time and these events just speeded it up , wich forced his hand on Ziost .

After all on Belsavis he planned on feeding or possessing some enitity and it never happend . He end up trapped instead .

feeding on a whole Galaxy , that goes against what Vitiate said .

It just the transition from Vititate to Valk is soooo big . Like moving from the moon to the Sun and claim they are the same thing . Just that one lost its Light .

And while he try really hard to come off as a whealthy well groomed and dressed and shaved Santa claus....lol he is still look like an abomination to me .

I don't think the Empire isn't worthy of his view . Clearly he needed at some point the Empire for a reason or another . Him claiming the Empire isn't worth saving , is just him manipulating us to let go and cling to Daddy (yeah he can keep dreaming) .

The only tie I found between Vitit and Valk , is when you talk to him after Marr die . Where he say , that the Empire&Repb were mean to end and that Zaakul was his true goal or dream .

Vitiate said the same thing , that he want to experience everything and be everyone he want and such .

So clearly Valk see himself like an architect , that create and destroy whenever he feel like it .

I don't think Ziost , his fight with the JK and his death back on Belsavis by sith warrior are just that....situations that happend . I think he had a plan for a long time and these events just speeded it up , wich forced his hand on Ziost .

After all on Belsavis he planned on feeding or possessing some enitity and it never happend . He end up trapped instead .

He once picked the Empire but found they couldn't help him achieve his goal, so he gave up to switch on Zakuul.

I think Valkorion's nice manner is just his disguise to use the Zakuul people and the Outland to achieve his goal. Kinda like Palpatine and Sidious.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Actually It Isn't,Him Saying Things On Ziost Like"I Have Other Plans"And Let's Analyze Some Aspects Of The Eternal Empire,The Zakuul Knights For Example.Fierce Loyal Warriors Who Believe They Should Only Use Their Skills To Bring The Justice Of The Immortal Emperor,Just Like How The Imperial Guard,And The Heralds Of Zildrog,Believing That The Great Snake Or Whatever Will Come Back And Eat Everything,Casting Down The Unworthy,I Remember A NPC Saying Something Like"We Will Die So Zildrog May Live"Isn't That How A Cult That Tried To Destroy Belsavis Though?That They Would Die Then The Emperor Would Revive Them Since They Are Loyal Servants,I Could Be Wrong Though.

IMHO, he just stumbled upon a fully automated world, with a fully automated army, and he thought "Hey, why bother using the Sith order as my power base, when I can just have an automated invincible army without any problem of disloyalty ? I'll just use the rest of the galaxy to fuel my own personal power. I'm going to keep the Siths until I'm comfortable with my new customised empire."

IMHO, he just stumbled upon a fully automated world, with a fully automated army, and he thought "Hey, why bother using the Sith order as my power base, when I can just have an automated invincible army without any problem of disloyalty ? I'll just use the rest of the galaxy to fuel my own personal power. I'm going to keep the Siths until I'm comfortable with my new customised empire."

I doubt it .

Maybe the original Owners of Zaakul are tied to the makers of Scoprio . Or maybe he found Zaakul and build upon the Tribes and Later found the technology that is Gemini .

who know , but I doubt he found Zaakul as it is .

Even what Kothe say about the gravestone , isn't clear (and could just be lies spread around , for all we know the gravestone couldve been Valk ship . He is a liar , I have no reasons to believe he never saw it and doesn't know squat ) . (everyone know the Legend but nobody remember it or who was fighting who , but I know but can't tell you...) yeah that was super clear :rolleyes:

OMG. I can't believe I did not catch this. It makes TOTAL sense. Excellent catch!!!

I have a huge problem with Vitiate/Valkorian. Their is not continuity of personality, whatsoever. Vitiate is a madman. He want's to consume all life in the universe and be all things for all time. He is a destroyer.

Valkorian is a builder. He is logical and pragmatic.

The nature of what this entity is and how it operates is very poorly constructed in my opinion.

Can anyone help bride these two personalities for me? I hope I am just missing a piece of lore here.

Dragon Izax the world eater, his sad loyal wife Scyva, his sons – Tyth the warrior and Nahut eaten by jealousy, his powerful daughter Aivella who is an embodiment of passion. Something about outlanders who are a treat also was mentioned. And all that dragons symbols on Valk armor (Arcann's too). Of course there is a question who Esne twin of Aivella is.

dunno where is this taken from ..

But....what if the Outlander is this Esne? powers on all 8 class awaken by Valk ?

I mean , even if this Esne is the goddess of passion and was greedy and hated her sister . We could be sort of a re-incarnation of a sort .

Unless it is someone else..that would be a bummer , if I'm forced into this story and they are mutating no-force users into force users...then the least they could do..is make us part of this legend :p

Esne was the twin sister of Aivela, the goddess of passion, and Esne's greed and hatred of her sister led her to test the faithful and weed out the weak from among them by inciting jealous and envy. The Eyes of Esne was a common metaphor for jealousy among the people of Zakuul.
Edited by SerraShar

dunno where is this taken from ..

It's from datapads you need to find in Star Fortress for the Follower of the Old Ways title. You do not get a codex entry, you need to hover your cursor over to read them. Sadly no screens but if you interested they are under spoiler ;)

The Veneration of Izax.

“Honor the omnipotence of Izax, the Ultimate Devourer: father, ruler and bringer of death to us all. His forms are infinite, but his great glory flies on serpent wings.”

The grieving of Scyva.

“Walk the path with Scyva, the Constant Companion. Wife of divine Izax and avatar of sorrow, she weeps beside those who gladly march to embrace the Ultimate Devourer.”

The awe of Tyth

“Storm the battlefield with Tyth, god of rage. The Firstborn of Izax and Scyva leads us to victory against the profane outlanders. Raise your bloodied fist and cry triumph.”

The Lamentation on Nahut.

“Bear a single torch for Nahut, the Hated Son. Gray, formless and cold, he is denied by all but the Mother of Sorrows. Do not follow him into the dark. Light the way to lead him home”.

The proclamation of Aviela.

“Burn all doubt in the fires of Aivela, our goddess of passion. The Favored Daughter stands beside her brother Tyth on every battlefield, radiating grace to the fearless.”

The admonition of Esne.

“Beware the shadows of Esne, goddess of envy and twin of Aivela. Forever eclipsed by her sister's incandescence, she will use her venomous tongue to test the faithful and cull the weak.”

I stumbled upon Izax first and did think that all Ultimate Devourer stuff seems very much like Valk would like to be seen. And then I found Tyth and Nahut and did think about Texann and Arcann. Fit them pretty nicely. As for Scyva, well, Senia is practically screams silent regret and sorrow. Now that leaves Aviela and Esne. Valyn is deceptive but she is true to her desires and definitely likes to cull the weak. I think it could be Scions prophesy about KoFE. Or it's just some random texts like codex entries witch add some flavor but rarely play a huge role.

If Valyn is going to have a split personality or lost twin.... That would be cheap.

I don't think Tyth sounds much like Thexan. Aviela fits the bill better. Arcann being Nahut can work(save that Thexan didn't reject him), but he also works for Tyth and Esne. Tyth because he was always on the battlefield with Thexan and is pretty filled with rage, Esne because of noted jealousy and likely feelings of inferiority to Thexan(in the cinematic, Thexan outperformed and protected Arcann). Plus the twins bit.

I have a half-theory that the real reason Senya left was because she was going to have a fourth child, which would fill in the missing member. This would most easily be Nahut.

Edited by Senrie

For me the question is how to make sense of Valkorian/Vitiate, period.

Based on what canon exists I have established these facts.

A dark and powerful sith child was born. He was like this from the outset. Became Vitiate and tricked 8,000 Sith Lords into "The Ritual of Nathema" in which he absorbed them and all life on the planet Nathema. This turned him into a force aberation, much like Sion and Nihilus. He became immortal and is around 1,300 years old.

Servant One stated in the SW storyline that the Emperor's real body is elsewhere.

I take this to mean that Vitiate's physical body must remain alive, but his consciousness can be transferred to another body. We know Lord Cronal had this ability during the Galactic Empire era. I assume Vitiate's real body will not die from aging, but still frail and uses the Voices as his avatar into the real world.

This is all fair enough, the problem is how Valkorian arrives. If memory serves, Zakuul really became what it is around 300 years prior to the Great Galactic War. I am not sure what Valkorian is. Is he another avatar of Vitiate that following Ziost, he returned to? It is stated that the Vitiate voices were withdrawn from from the Empire quite frequently. Perhaps he jumped between two avatars...leaving one incapacitated while the other was active?

It is really hard to rationalize for me.

The Veneration of Izax.

“Honor the omnipotence of Izax, the Ultimate Devourer: father, ruler and bringer of death to us all. His forms are infinite, but his great glory flies on serpent wings.”

The grieving of Scyva.

“Walk the path with Scyva, the Constant Companion. Wife of divine Izax and avatar of sorrow, she weeps beside those who gladly march to embrace the Ultimate Devourer.”

The awe of Tyth

“Storm the battlefield with Tyth, god of rage. The Firstborn of Izax and Scyva leads us to victory against the profane outlanders. Raise your bloodied fist and cry triumph.”

The Lamentation on Nahut.

“Bear a single torch for Nahut, the Hated Son. Gray, formless and cold, he is denied by all but the Mother of Sorrows. Do not follow him into the dark. Light the way to lead him home”.

The proclamation of Aviela.

“Burn all doubt in the fires of Aivela, our goddess of passion. The Favored Daughter stands beside her brother Tyth on every battlefield, radiating grace to the fearless.”

The admonition of Esne.

“Beware the shadows of Esne, goddess of envy and twin of Aivela. Forever eclipsed by her sister's incandescence, she will use her venomous tongue to test the faithful and cull the weak.”

I always had the idea about those stories being closely tied to what the hell is going on.

-So, Izax is 'Valkorion' who can have many forms: Vitiate, Valkorion and the number can go on? He is some sort of a God: creator and destroyer. What would serpent wings be?

-Scyva is Senya and she weeps beside those who gladly serve Valkorion: her children who picked him over her. Also, Knights of Zakuul could fit into that.

-Tyrh is Thexan who lead them to victory against Republic and Empire.

-Nahut is Arcann and we should help him. We should show him the right path, meaning we should not kill him, because that is what he would do, and that would be following him into the dark.

-Aivela is Vaylin or a good side of her, and Esne is current Vaylin that Valkorion created by locking her mind for so many years? Aivela is yet to be created or was just pushed back by Esne?

So, Valkorion did all of this just to fulfill the prophecy.

Ahah, would be funny if this all is just him being an artist. He created a book and wants to relive it. Funny.:)

"I was kinda booored."

Edited by Daex

I suspect that Valkorian is a civilisation builder. When the Sith fled the Republic a thousand years ago he saw them as an ideal opportunity to forge a perfect civilisation, so he assumed the identity of a Sith Lord, cast down any pretenders and spent the next 700 years forging one.

When Revan and Malak encountered him he saw a perfect opportunity to see how the society he'd built would actually function outside of his direct control. What he found was that the hyper Darwinian nature of Sith society made them incapable of remaining unified without someone unassailably powerful in charge, so without him it would collapse.

So he abandoned the Sith and searched for another candidate, finding one on Zakuul. He spent another 300 years creating a perfect society again, correcting the flaws of the Sith. He used his failed experiment to critically weaken the galaxy, the Treaty of Coruscant and the Cold War deliberate sabotaging of the Empire's war to prevent their victory and keep both sides weakening each other and building enough hate to never co-operate.

Now he's running another experiment. Zakuul can take on a divided, shattered galaxy intent on continuing it's internal conflict, but he wants to see if it's truly a perfect society that can survive the transition into a wider galaxy and away from his control. So he lets Arcann have his coup and sits back to see what happens.

I think he made a mistake with Arcann and Vaylin though, so now he's using the Outlander to correct it. He's trying to mold the Outlander into the leader he wanted Arcann to be, so his grand civilisation building can be a success and imprint his design on the entire galaxy.

I suspect that Valkorian is a civilisation builder. When the Sith fled the Republic a thousand years ago he saw them as an ideal opportunity to forge a perfect civilisation, so he assumed the identity of a Sith Lord, cast down any pretenders and spent the next 700 years forging one.

When Revan and Malak encountered him he saw a perfect opportunity to see how the society he'd built would actually function outside of his direct control. What he found was that the hyper Darwinian nature of Sith society made them incapable of remaining unified without someone unassailably powerful in charge, so without him it would collapse.

So he abandoned the Sith and searched for another candidate, finding one on Zakuul. He spent another 300 years creating a perfect society again, correcting the flaws of the Sith. He used his failed experiment to critically weaken the galaxy, the Treaty of Coruscant and the Cold War deliberate sabotaging of the Empire's war to prevent their victory and keep both sides weakening each other and building enough hate to never co-operate.

Now he's running another experiment. Zakuul can take on a divided, shattered galaxy intent on continuing it's internal conflict, but he wants to see if it's truly a perfect society that can survive the transition into a wider galaxy and away from his control. So he lets Arcann have his coup and sits back to see what happens.

I think he made a mistake with Arcann and Vaylin though, so now he's using the Outlander to correct it. He's trying to mold the Outlander into the leader he wanted Arcann to be, so his grand civilization building can be a success and imprint his design on the entire galaxy.

Genius! The only issue is the severe personality differences. Could it be his desire to reduce most of the galaxy (Outside of it would be Zakuul...so I assume he knows the destructive limits of this ritual...he was the one that invented it) to ash was out of contempt for his failed experiment? He didn't hate all life, his love of himself and his intelligence, thinking he should basically be God, that he can correct the galaxy. Like you said, his attempt at the Garden of Eden with the Sith was a failure. So he wanted to start over and do it correctly. He is still a villain, so we must assume his motives are not out of sincere belief in bettering the lives of others, but rather on his love of self to do what others cannot.

It almost sounds like he never really bought into the Sith creed. I assume the only reason he didn't destroy the Sith Empire was because he felt the Republic and Jedi Order were even worse. So at least have them both locked in combat, leaving his precious experiment alone (eventually Wild space will be fully mapped, it is a matter of when) all the while letting him prepare to strike and cripple both?

Edited by LordDelectus

For now all this valkorian stuff seems nonscence to me. First, I suppose there was a change of plan in story development for some reason, since they first killed valkorian with jedi knight, after he became some kind of ghost and then turns out he actually alive and well ruling super-puper empire somewhere... This is all weirdo as hell.

But ok, we accepted that in roll into new story where.... nonscence continues. I mean all dis "the force" stuff. Basicly valkorian says: " all these dark sader or jedi are stupid lamers, the real way to be tough in the force...". And from here he doesnt say anything wuch I coukd understand. He says hes son is beyond emotions and etc, so thats why hes so stronk. But actually Arcann allways acts as mad angry child and hes sis even worse. And Valkorian himself doesnt make any sense. Hes biogaphy is so messed up and confusing and hes talks allways blury. He aint tells you anything specific.

As a villan hes absolutily aint interesting. Hes boring. Another: "oh Im so powerful, I know everything, I can do anything, can be everywhere, kill anyone, even know what kind of underwear you wearing and you cant beat me, cuz Im already dead ha-ha. Twice dead actually ha-ha-ha".

Even stupid revan-lunatic from SoR was not so boring.

These guessins about a character who is a god and denies all laws of universe and lore seems very pointless.

He sbould be dead in JK story and never come back.

Edited by Rouakh

For now all this valkorian stuff seems nonscence to me. First, I suppose there was a change of plan in story development for some reason, since they first killed valkorian with jedi knight, after he became some kind of ghost and then turns out he actually alive and well ruling super-puper empire somewhere... This is all weirdo as hell.

But ok, we accepted that in roll into new story where.... nonscence continues. I mean all dis "the force" stuff. Basicly valkorian says: " all these dark sader or jedi are stupid lamers, the real way to be tough in the force...". And from here he doesnt say anything wuch I coukd understand. He says hes son is beyond emotions and etc, so thats why hes so stronk. But actually Arcann allways acts as mad angry child and hes sis even worse. And Valkorian himself doesnt make any sense. Hes biogaphy is so messed up and confusing and hes talks allways blury. He aint tells you anything specific.

As a villan hes absolutily aint interesting. Hes boring. Another: "oh Im so powerful, I know everything, I can do anything, can be everywhere, kill anyone, even know what kind of underwear you wearing and you cant beat me, cuz Im already dead ha-ha. Twice dead actually ha-ha-ha".

These guessins about a character who is a god and denies all laws of universe and lore seems very pointless.

well if you read some Manga in your life , then the concept of 'switching bodies' shouldn't be new to you . Even Voldemort in Harry Potter did something similar .

It just that here , it is badly executed .

The voice actor voice changed . And so did his personality .

Valkorian didn't say that sith and Jedi were Lames . At least , I never took it that way . He said that we were mean for more then being a sith and a Jedi and saving Empire/repb wich in his opinion are mean to be something to be discarded . So in short his message is : Stop thinking of what you were taught and embrace my teaching , because with me you will rise to a new Level of Super Sayan ! :D

The thing about Arcann , and I agree with most that he act like a childish spoiled brat that show all the emotions that most childish sith showed in the past : Envy , agressive for no reason , acting like a bully , liar , jealouse , envy , arrogant and so on .

I do think he mean , that these emotions are just decorations and Arcann even if stripped of these emotions he will remain strong . Since he doesn't rely on negatives emotions to get his powers .

Sith seem in comparison to rely on their emotions ''There is passion , there is strengh , there is power'' to tap in the force .

As for the underwear part , just don't wear any :p that would give him a shock! :D

No , revan was boring . When I heard some spoilers before playing the expansion all I could think was 'geez , he pulled a Kami on us !'' and it turn out..he did . We fight King Piccolo and Piccolo show up in the end and Pouf! the end .

The JK never killed the Emperor, just his Voice. This was always the case. I'm not sure if anything else regarding Vitiate/Valkorian changed much storywise from how they planned; I do remember from back in beta/release the dev team saying they had 10 years of stories/expansions planned out and being worked on. Obviously some of those 10 year plans may have changed when they went F2P, but I bet not by much.

Sure, not much is shown about Arcann and the way he is except for the severe Daddy issues. We may find something else about him that sheds light on his behavior and motivation; or he may just continue to be Stereotypical Masked Villian Trope.