Treek is broken, worthless, we paid REAL MONEY for her.

LordGermanicuss

First of all I didn't pay for Treek with REAL MONEY I bought her when she was released for 1 million credits since having level 40 legacy isn't really tough to get to by advancing through the stories of the game, at least then, probably heaps faster now. Second of all I never saw her as OP except in the instance that she was obtainable at level 10 and was a healer so you didn't have to wait for your healer respectively on different characters when companions actually had set specific roles. Third of all i'd rather use another companion than her with the 80 options we have now since they're all the same and I have her 1000 kills for that achievement respectively. Edited by Lil_Fusion

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Treek was released, I was not legacy level 40. I purchased mine from the GTN for credits, courtesy of players who look to convert CCs into credits via the CM.

The OP never had to actually spend real money to get Treek, not from day one, and not now.

And we're all very proud for you, your business acumen, and your ability to fixate on one specific point of a deeper issue.

Edited by ZioGio

And we're all very proud for you, your business acumen, and your ability to fixate on one specific point of a deeper issue.

I see that facts are scary for you. :p

And there is no deeper issue here, other then some peoples fixation with differences in different companions abilities in this post 4.0 generic companion peanut butter shift by the studio.

I do use Treek on some of my characters and frankly, she's fine in all stances, with decent level influence. I can't get worked up over differences amongst the companions.. seeing as one way or the other... they all have had differences since launch.

Is she the prima-goddess she was back when she released and all the other companions had severe restrictions on what they could and none of them had stances? NO, primarily because most of the others got severely buffed up in 4.0 and ALL of them got all three stances.

Edited by Andryah

And there is no deeper issue here, other then some peoples fixation with differences in different companions abilities in this post 4.0 generic companion peanut butter shift by the studio.

I do use Treek on some of my characters and frankly, she's fine in all stances, with decent level influence. I can't get worked up over differences amongst the companions.. seeing as one way or the other... they all have had differences since launch.

Is she the prima-goddess she was back when she released and all the other companions had severe restrictions on what they could and none of them had stances? NO, primarily because most of the others got severely buffed up in 4.0 and ALL of them got all three stances.

And apparently briefing yourself on the whole issue is just as scary for you. :p

In all seriousness, I appreciate the follow-up. The bottom line is Treek appears to have stat issues for some and definitely has influence issues post 4.0. We can debate how we acquired Treek in the past, but that's, well, in the past. :)

Edited by ZioGio

Acquiring her is not the main issue, we have her, we just want her fixed. A comp that takes TWICE AS LONG to heal up than another one is NOT fine. Again, Treek at lvl 50 influence takes 38 seconds to heal herself while a lvl 40 influence HK only takes 18, that's not okay, Get Her to even 25 and most would be fine with that as it's not much difference, but currently she's broken and useless. Though if you want to see a funny movie, finish your heroic Star Fortress, then get Treek out before you run out and when you take off, it will show her back there gun thing blazing away at the people who are running after the plane, I've not gotten it to show any other comp back there, they are all in the front part of the ship.

• 4 weeks later...
Treek is a lot more broken than other companions right now. When i first suspected it i did countless duels with my Lvl 50 treek vs my Guildmates Lvl 10 Koth. Treek lost every time. Tried doing a few flashpoints on my Knight too with my Lvl 1 Treek and my Lvl 10 T7 both as tank. Treek never held aggro, T7 held it constantly. She wasn't always the best healer but she was always the best tank. Now she has been nerfed to the ground. People paid real money for this, biofail pls fix this and at least make her on par with other comps.

And, in spite of what some people say, Treek never really was all that wonderful. I never found her to be particularly better than any other companion, just different.

I've also spent REAL MONEY on armor and weapons from the CM, and they're NO BETTER THAN RANDOM DROPS!!

:D

Pre 4.0 Treek was a very effective healer compared to the other ones due to her strong abilities. Tank-wise she was a god for one reason: she doesn't break CC, something that was really missing on all the other companions.

Edited by demotivator

When Treek was released, I was not legacy level 40. I purchased mine from the GTN for credits, courtesy of players who look to convert CCs into credits via the CM.

The OP never had to actually spend real money to get Treek, not from day one, and not now.

I would argue in that case that in your case Treek was still purchased with real money, and you convinced someone to sell it to you for credits. IF the issue is that items purchased with real money that provide a different type of gameplay (as the original Treek did with her tank/healing combination that at the time was unique) should remain the same or be as desirable as they've always been, then I don't think your experience changes the argument.

Of course, since Treek could be acquired for 1m credits at LL40 with no real life money being paid, I don't know if I can follow TC's premise. Given that Treek is available without CCs, you're essentially paying CC to speed up the acquisition of Treek.

I'm aware of the argument that we don't own our characters or items and BW is fully within their rights to change anything, even if Treek wasn't available without the purchase of CC from anyone. They are also within their rights to sell 224 gear, overpowered companions, or anything else that they currently choose not to sell. Customers are also fully within their rights to complain and call foul when they feel like their purchases are being devalued, even if that purchase had no legal value to speak of. To some degree, that behavior influence what we see on the CM. That's likely a factor in why we haven't seen any more CM releases like the grade 7 space packs.

Edited by Crossward

I see your point. But I'd leave out mentioning the real money cost. Especially since that's all players seem to be fixating on.

Just looking at numbers now, Treek is objectively the worst. Which is a shame, as Treek used to be the best.

I see your point. But I'd leave out mentioning the real money cost. Especially since that's all players seem to be fixating on.

Just looking at numbers now, Treek is objectively the worst. Which is a shame, as Treek used to be the best.

Exactly. He even put it in CAPS on the thread title... indicating that this IS his core issue. And I don't think he is oblivious what using all caps means. If you emphasize something.. it's going to get discussion, and if it is inaccurate.. it's going to get pushback.

In addition, he claims she is worthless, which is untrue. She does however work differently then she used to.. but then so do a lot of the companions, so I don't see a Treek specific issue in this regard.

IF the OP had simply conducted a thread topic about her current abilities and performance compared to other companions, and could demonstrate she is inferior... then this thread would have been actually good discussion. Nope.. instead he launches a rant thread with a rant title, and then some wonder why his yelling in the thread about real money being spent got pushback. :rolleyes:

Personally, I miss Treeks unique ability set, but when I do play her, I don't find her to be a gimp. I do agree however that not all companions appear to work equally well... but that is not a Treek issue it's a larger issue with companions in general.

Edited by Andryah

Exactly. He even put it in CAPS on the thread title... indicating that this IS his core issue. And I don't think he is oblivious what using all caps means. If you emphasize something.. it's going to get discussion, and if it is inaccurate.. it's going to get pushback.

In addition, he claims she is worthless, which is untrue. She does however work differently then she used to.. but then so do a lot of the companions, so I don't see a Treek specific issue in this regard.

IF the OP had simply conducted a thread topic about her current abilities and performance compared to other companions, and could demonstrate she is inferior... then this thread would have been actually good discussion. Nope.. instead he launches a rant thread with a rant title, and then some wonder why his yelling in the thread about real money being spent got pushback. :rolleyes:

Personally, I miss Treeks unique ability set, but when I do play her, I don't find her to be a gimp. I do agree however that not all companions appear to work equally well... but that is not a Treek issue it's a larger issue with companions in general.

She's not worthless, certainly. In fact, I'd argue that her new value as weakest companion is actually a good thing. With most companions now you could AFK in the middle of a mob, get married, have 3 kids, cheat on your spouse, get divorced, and die broke and alone in a gutter, and as long as you have your companion set to heal, your character will never die.

Kind of nice to have a companion that requires you to use some conscious brain activity to play through the game.

As I've said before - probably in this very thread - Treek never was all that, anyway. Complaining about how you spent REAL MONEY on Treek, is about the same as complaining about spending "real money" on a fancy mount from the Cartel Market, that's basically no better than any other mount.

BW always said that CM items would not be "pay to play", and Treek is included in that. While many people liked certain aspects to Treek, about the only thing I found special about her was that she was the only healing companion that some classes could get early in the game. Beyond that, I never found her to be particularly better than any other healer companion.

So, to the OP, Treek is not broken and she was always worth no more than any other companion. Like most things in the CM, she was always just "cosmetic". You haven't "lost" anything - you never really had it. :)

We used to have to gear Treek just as we did ourselves, she wasn't OP. Like I said, I heard she was OP when KOTFE came out, but I heard all comps were then too. Having a tank/heals comp didn't make her OP.

Dude it was known by EVERYONE that treek was seriously OP. Before KOTFE, she was the easy mode companion.

Treek is a lot more broken than other companions right now. When i first suspected it i did countless duels with my Lvl 50 treek vs my Guildmates Lvl 10 Koth. Treek lost every time. Tried doing a few flashpoints on my Knight too with my Lvl 1 Treek and my Lvl 10 T7 both as tank. Treek never held aggro, T7 held it constantly. She wasn't always the best healer but she was always the best tank. Now she has been nerfed to the ground. People paid real money for this, biofail pls fix this and at least make her on par with other comps.

Exactly, she is useless now.

You took the title as you read things, it didn't start with money, it started with a statement on her. In the post, you have to go to the 4th line to even hear anything about the real money part of it and 90% of it was about her lack of abilities. She's useless when it takes 50% longer to heal up using her than it does other companions. So again, the CORE issue was start first and foremost, the aggravating factor was put second, you just chose to read it as you chose to read it. If you had read the post, you would have known it had very little to do with money, but yeah, I know, most people are lazy and very few people actually read the post, let alone the pages to see what most of the discussion is about.

If she can be level 50, but be outskilled by a comp that is 15 or more levels below her, that is worthless. Unless you just like a little (cute to some)troll running around with you.

As I've said before - probably in this very thread - Treek never was all that, anyway. Complaining about how you spent REAL MONEY on Treek, is about the same as complaining about spending "real money" on a fancy mount from the Cartel Market, that's basically no better than any other mount.

BW always said that CM items would not be "pay to play", and Treek is included in that. While many people liked certain aspects to Treek, about the only thing I found special about her was that she was the only healing companion that some classes could get early in the game. Beyond that, I never found her to be particularly better than any other healer companion.

So, to the OP, Treek is not broken and she was always worth no more than any other companion. Like most things in the CM, she was always just "cosmetic". You haven't "lost" anything - you never really had it. :)

My point in bringing up the real money aspect was hoping to get her fixed sooner, rather than later, but when it comes down to it, the money aspect doesn't matter as much as the fact that she's been made useless, and far less fun than she used to be. If you played an assassin toon before she was changed, you would know how awesome she was, she could tank and heal meaning she could keep them out of your face so you could backstab them and she could also heal a bit leading to less boring downtime while running dailies etc. So yeah, again, if you played assassin you'd understand, we did lose something, we lost a comp that kept them out of our face and healed us up between fights, that's a pretty awesome thing to lose, not cosmetic and something that we DID have. Your mistake there.

Dude it was known by EVERYONE that treek was seriously OP. Before KOTFE, she was the easy mode companion.

We actually had to gear comps back then, and I had her in the same crystal gear that I had back then and she still wasn't OP, was it faster to get dailies done, yes. I've not heard anyone other than you complaining about her being OP back then(as we had to gear her), they were complaining about her being OP AFTER, read again AFTER KOTFE launch. Not sure where the confusion came in since it was clearly stated when exactly she was claimed to have been OP.

We actually had to gear comps back then, and I had her in the same crystal gear that I had back then and she still wasn't OP, was it faster to get dailies done, yes. I've not heard anyone other than you complaining about her being OP back then(as we had to gear her), they were complaining about her being OP AFTER, read again AFTER KOTFE launch. Not sure where the confusion came in since it was clearly stated when exactly she was claimed to have been OP.

Yeah now your argument has no merit trying to say treek was never known to be OP. And YES I know you had to gear your comps back then, I had mine in all rakata gear when that actually meant something. This whole thread is about the fact that now your special little treek, is no longer as special as she used to be since all comps can tank or heal.

It seems your just butthurt about that fact, hence your whole argument that you paid real money for her, and want her as over the top powerful she was back then. And how dare BW make her in line with the other companions because of something as inconsequential as the fact it takes her a little longer to self heal.

At least her tank mode is underwhelming. Her tank and dps abilities have exactly the same names, 2 out of 5 abilities in tank mode are exactly the same as in dps mode, but with slightly reduced damage, and the other 3 abilities are the same as in dps mode with slightly reduced damage and some added mitigation and threat generation. While other companions have 2 taunts in tank mode (single & group), Treek has none. Treek in tank mode is more of a hardened/resilient dps than the actual tank services other companions offer.

The OP may indulge in a little hyperbole but they do have a point.

I'm not going to go into the cost of Treek, after all things depreciate even in a digital age.

Treek used to be the ONLY companion that could Tank and Heal at the same time, now she is the ONLY companion that can't.

I haven't checked out all the companions but they seem to have a generic list of abilities apart from Treek.

Let's have a look at TV-R8 in Tank stance;

Powered Charge does some damage, heals the comp for 25% of that damage and generates threat,

Threatening Focus gives the comp a shield and a taunt

Provoking Flare is another taunt.

Anti-personnel Detonator AoE that reduces incoming damage by 50%

Multi Grapple pulls in 3 targets generates high threat.

Treek on the other hand doesn't have any self heals, can't taunt (she only generates threat), can boost her armour by 20%, and has a 4sec stun (with a 2min cool down).

My influence 50 Treek wasn't performing that much better than the influence 1 TV-R8, pretty much only down to the fact she had far more health (about 30% more) and couldn't hold agro.

Treeks heal stance doesn't fare much better and seems to be very burst orientated with some of her core heal abilities. TV-R8 like most other healers has a far more consistent healing profile and can through a shield over the character as well.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Treek is useless after all you can use her to run gathering missions and crafting.

It's just a shame that in an effort to retain her unique abilities the Devs have actually made her one of the least attractive companions to quest with.

All I know is Treek's healing is significantly worse than every other companion I own (regardless how much higher influence she has)

Whether people acknowledge this as a problem I suppose depends on them; I for one think its pretty lame but meh, guess there's always other companions to use.

Whether people acknowledge this as a problem I suppose depends on them

Why would it matter whether "people acknowledge this as a problem" or not?

The people posting in this forum have no power to fix bugs.

All I know is Treek's healing is significantly worse than every other companion I own (regardless how much higher influence she has)

Try this:

1. Start Parsec with Treek in heal stance.

2. Run some combat encounters.

3. Screenshot the result.

4. Repeat with another companion (and screenshot the result)

5. Provide details in the Bug Reports forum (with the screenshots).

Or, if you can't be bothered, simply continue to post how you "feel" that Treek is worse. Surely that will work ... :eek:

Pre 4.0 Treek was a very effective healer compared to the other ones due to her strong abilities. Tank-wise she was a god for one reason: she doesn't break CC, something that was really missing on all the other companions.

Her value came from the uniqueness of being able to both at the same time, and as you said, not break CC.

But don't mistake that for being "better". Prior to 4.0 the dedicated healers healed better than Treek and the dedicated tanks tanked better than her.

Why would it matter whether "people acknowledge this as a problem" or not?

The people posting in this forum have no power to fix bugs.

Try this:

1. Start Parsec with Treek in heal stance.

2. Run some combat encounters.

3. Screenshot the result.

4. Repeat with another companion (and screenshot the result)

5. Provide details in the Bug Reports forum (with the screenshots).

Or, if you can't be bothered, simply continue to post how you "feel" that Treek is worse. Surely that will work ... :eek:

Good idea. I ran a few encounters with Treek and noticed a not-insignificant difference. I put a bug report in game. along with links. Let's hope it works.

But don't mistake that for being "better". Prior to 4.0 the dedicated healers healed better than Treek and the dedicated tanks tanked better than her.

Before 4.0 came along there were plenty of videos of players documenting Treek's TTK being better than other companions. Here's one I found after a quick google search:

So ... do you have any evidence to back up your claim?