[Ranked] Remove New Arena from Rotation

Diachi

Bioware needs to remove the new arena from the rotation for ranked PvP. I've played about 30 games on the new Rishi map and almost half the time people die from ingame assets killing them from being stuck in objects. This is just something players cannot simply control and it really jeopardizes rating for people because of factors that no player can control.

Another comment to the PvP team about arena maps in the future: Please just make arenas that are not "flashy" or aesthetically pleasing. PvP combat should be about movement, line of sight, and positioning. All we really need are maps that have a couple pillars, maybe a ramp, and open space to have maximum mobility. No random boxes, small ledges, or other random objects in our way.

-Te'fia :jawa_angel:

it's buggy as heck, please fix or remove.

See this actually went on PTS but from what I can see no one reported it most of the feedback thread was wasted moaning about balance rather than the warzone itself, if its not what you want or not working correctly its your own fault for not providing proper feedback.

See this actually went on PTS but from what I can see no one reported it most of the feedback thread was wasted moaning about balance rather than the warzone itself, if its not what you want or not working correctly its your own fault for not providing proper feedback.

What do you mean from "what you can see"? I am pretty sure we can't "see" PTS feedback from the forums once stuff goes live, where are you looking?

I know for a fact we left tons of feedback on the 8v8 map so I am sure the same was done for the 4v4 map. I tried finding those older posts and couldn't "see" them either.

Obviously some of you didn't go to the PTS, or if you did you never bothered to write anything for feedback and read what others wrote as some of us did.

I created many threads on the 8v8, as well as others and the only thing I can find is stuff I copied then stuck in posts in the PVP section.

Trying to access it in the PTS section seems impossible, unless I am looking in the wrong spot. I would hesitate before saying no one left feedback on the 4v4 just because the threads are not viewable now.

Also, newsflash.

BW doesn't take all feedback and react accordingly. How many bugs, OP'd abilities, etc go on and never get addressed now?

Actually I did keep up with the PTS while it was live and I never saw the bugs being mentioned in the feedback thread, it was just more ******** about class balances despite them saying no class balances would be made the whole feedback thread was next to useless.

Actually I did keep up with the PTS while it was live and I never saw the bugs being mentioned in the feedback thread, it was just more ******** about class balances despite them saying no class balances would be made the whole feedback thread was next to useless.

The bugs were present in the PTS, and I remember feedback for both the arena and the new map.

One thing they did address was the constant respawning back in the PTS.

People were ************ about class balancing issues because it's even more apparent how broken Phasewalk is in these new maps.

If I cared about rating I would be furious at how much of an easy time Sorcs have at Rishi.

The bugs were present in the PTS, and I remember feedback for both the arena and the new map.

One thing they did address was the constant respawning back in the PTS.

People were ************ about class balancing issues because it's even more apparent how broken Phasewalk is in these new maps.

If I cared about rating I would be furious at how much of an easy time Sorcs have at Rishi.

From what I remember reading in that thread it was still to generalised as sorc OP nerf now please nothing specific. To be honest I can't blame Bioware for missing important feedback in a sea of general nerf sorc posts. I warned early in that thread to try to keep the feedback relevant to those warzones but I got ignored.

From what I remember reading in that thread it was still to generalised as sorc OP nerf now please nothing specific. To be honest I can't blame Bioware for missing important feedback in a sea of general nerf sorc posts. I warned early in that thread to try to keep the feedback relevant to those warzones but I got ignored.

Nerf sorcs is relevant, they have too many escapes and their resource pool never ends.

I would agree with you if it was "Nerf Ops" shtposting, but it wasn't. Sorcs are a real issue in these maps, and in every map.

I would agree with you if it was "Nerf Ops" shtposting, but it wasn't. Sorcs are a real issue in these maps, and in every map.

Yeah that might be true but nobody said why sorcs were OP in THESE warzones everybody generalised just sorcs op in general and not explaining just how bad in the relevant warzones it got lost.

it was too easy to misinterpret the sorc comments as general disgruntlement since ever other thread in PvP forums was about nerfing sorcs in general.

Edited by Jedi_riches

Yeah that might be true but nobody said why sorcs were OP in THESE warzones everybody generalised just sorcs op in general and not explaining just how bad in the relevant warzones it got lost.

it was too easy to misinterpret the sorc comments as general disgruntlement since ever other thread in PvP forums was about nerfing sorcs in general.

If every other thread is about how OP'd Sorcs are, maybe the dense ****s will get the message.

It's especially bad in Rishi though, and leap to death doesn't help.

If every other thread is about how OP'd Sorcs are, maybe the dense ****s will get the message.

It's especially bad in Rishi though, and leap to death doesn't help.

Maybe, but I hope you get my point most posts were not stating "phasewalk is causing problems with xy and z with the new map" ,most came accross as " OMG PLEASE NERF SORCS DONT LET SEASON 7 GO LIVE WITH OP SORCS".

When this happens its pretty easy to miss important stuff, sorcs may be OP but they are even worse due to this particular warzone but that is not what the devs heard in the end.

I can kind of understand now why the devs stopped using the PTS.

Sometimes people only see what they want to see, and obviously that's your viewpoint here.

I know for a fact we left tons of feedback. I brought one post that was written in the PTS section on the 8v8 map to the PVP forums so people could understand what it was like early on.

Snave even brings up class imbalance issues, abilities that give them advantages etc. in this post.

Since you are in doubt and "never" seen such posts here it is.

Quote: Originally Posted by snave 02.27.2016 , 04:42 AM | #1 View Post Below

First of all I'd like to give my sincere thanks to Taint. He's been responsive and accepted feedback in a polite and prompt manner all night. Yes I know this was posted by Musco, Taint was the person responding to me and taking my feedback on board.

This map has several major issues which I'll do my best to break down for you. A lot (if not all) of my initial complaints for this map were based around bugs and a lack of clarity as to how the map actually worked. I couldn't tell if bugs were bugs or just poor design. For future reference I STRONGLY suggest you post the expected rules before testing because otherwise, you know, how are we meant to know what we're testing.

So what's wrong with this map? In short, a lot. And by a lot, I mean a lot.

1: First up we have the beginning. 5 potential nodes but only 2 will spawn as usable - sound good right? No it isn't. 2 of the nodes are next to each sides respective spawns so if in the first round you're lucky enough to get your spawn as a node you are guarenteed to get a node before the enemy. Due to how the points work this alone puts the enemy team potentially 70 - 75 points down. HOWEVER - if your team understands the map they'll zerg the other node potentially leaving you 150 points down. It's a genuine problem

Solution - First round node spawns should always be top, middle or bottom. Canon - Cantina - Chamber. This is fair to both teams and penalises neither while keep a element of randomness.

2: Buffs. Initially I thought the warzone buffs cycled based on their graphics but I was then told that it's actually random. Seeing as these buffs can literally make or break the game for you this is not a good design. If my team is ahead and I get Red it's useless. If my team is behind and I get Blue it's useless. They are a huge mechanic in this map and FAR too random to make any sense.

Solution - Make the buffs actually be picked up in the order they appear.

3: Nodes. So nodes take 3s to cap if no one else is there. I'll set aside the MANY MANY MANY times this wasn't the case and assume that on live this works. Knock back + root basically guarantees you cap vs up to 8 people. I played many games tonight where FOTM stacking teams with Sins and Sorcs literally just knocked us out of the zone and there was little to nothing to counter. Knockback is on such a short cooldown vs purges and breakers it's almost impossible to stop this.

Solution - Increase the radius of the node so it's 4x4 rather than 3x3 or increase the cap time to 4s so people have a chance to respond to knockback spam.

4. Stealth. I play a stealth class, I cannot cap or defend in stealth. If I press stealth while inside the node the game will count me as outside and we will lose it. If I defend due to the cap time a Jugg can literally walk up to me, leap - push and cap before I can do anything. I understand you don't want people in stealth capping nodes and that's reasonable. If I press stealth while inside the node the game will count me as outside and we will lose it

Solution - Cannot cap in stealth but can defend in stealth as long as no enemies are inside the node.

5. Points. The game rewards points instantly so the first person to race to a node and then be in there for 3 seconds instantly starts racking up points. A tank and healer under these rules can stall or cap a node (depending on their speed) for an entire round with no punish mechanic. This is more a general critisism to the frankly insane synergy with guard and heals but it's blatantly broken on this map.

Solution - I don't know, maybe do some class balancing? Would be nice.

6. Buff mobility. I cannot stealth or vanish with the warzone buffs. I have to hand the buff off to a team mate to do my basic moves. Sorcs however CAN bubble with the buff and they actually keep the buff the whole time. They can also phase walk with the buff.

Solution - Vanish should drop the buff (like the huttball) or at least phasewalk and bubble should not be usable while holding it.

7. RNG. I like randomness, it brings something exciting to the mix. On this map you can EASILY lose purely from RNG with no available counter play. If for example the enemy team is turtling up at south during one round and the next round the random node is also south they essentially get a free cap. I know that knockbacks + root is a counter but you cannot be all places at all times and the randomness here really doesn't add anything - especially when the Green and Red buffs aren't timeable to be collected.

Solution - Make the buffs timable so you can collect the appropriate one, add a debuff for standing inside the node for > one round (with a 10s cooldown to stop people dipping in and out)

8. Buff hogging. A team in control can send a player to collect each buff and then not use them. This shuts down any counter play by the enemy team by denying them any access to these mechanics.

Solution - Each buff should last 30s or the buffs should respawn regardless of whether they're still in play.

9. Visibility. I cannot see the warzone buffs without loading the game map. I also cannot see who has what buff at any moment during the game.

Solution - The buffs should show on the minimap somewhere and the player who has the buff should be coloured with that buff on the map / mini map eg. if I have the Red buff my profile is shaded red.

It's 2am here and no doubt I've left some stuff out. I can't honestly say I'm impressed with this warzone - I genuinely dread to think how this will be played by random newbies on the live server but please take this feedback seriously.

This wasn't the only written criticisms of the new maps. Just one I happened to copy and paste in the PVP forums.

Point is, our feedback rarely makes much of a difference, pretending it's our fault for not telling them about issues like bugs etc. That's not reasonable especially when you consider the prevalent lack of communication between the devs and the players on this game.

Edited by Lhancelot

Sits in 4's queue for an hour.... goes back to solo's

I agree with the op regarding the new arena, it's buggy as heck, please fix or remove.

Leap's to VG > Get's stuck in the Platform > GG.

It has decent design,but is indeed very buggy atm.

Hopefully at the very least the drop the rating requirements by 25 or 50 for each tier due to the fact that you can leap and die instantly in the air. Just as per say a courtesy since I witnessed alot people, good players die to the map. Even when Kiting them around objects such as the background mounts, if they hopped up and lept to you and touched them they would instantly die.

Agreed OP.

Side note:

Can we just make it where rating gained or lost is altered by the class you are playing? The more popular the class, the less rating you gain from a match, etc? Would go a long way towards stabilizing ranked ratings across classes. Truly good players would then be able to attain the ratings they deserve.

/signed

- one time had a teammate die when jumping out of spawn point - just poof - dead;

- one time one of our teammates stayed in the middle of the map in between rounds while everyone else was at their spawn points;

- one time i phantom strode to the other end of the map instead of to the target;

- a couple of times i've seen knights / warriors get insta killed jumping to a target;

- also rakghoul infection interrupts movement while there;

Please, please, remove it from ranked rotation

Edited by power-alex

BW really needs a dedicated person who actually responds to problems in PVP. A dedicated PVP liaison. Someone that communicates well with the people, at the same time who understands what the company will and will not do.

Stuff like this could get seen and fixed, or at least taken care of quickly then and people wouldn't get so worked up and disgusted with the company.

Unbelievable that this map is still left in when so many issues with it's terrain has been reported. Left in ranked, of all places. Just unbelievable.

Should be removed as soon as possible from the rotation. Apart from all the glitches c.q. insta-kills due to people getting stuck when they use leaps, every small object in the map functions as LOS and breaks casts.