Maintenance: April 7th 2016

TaitWatson

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline in order to apply Patch 4.3a on Thursday, April 7th.

Details:

DATE: April 7th 2016

TIME: 7:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (3:00PM - 5:00PM BST)

VERSION: 4.3a

Patch Notes will be available after maintenance.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Edited by TaitWatson

Any chance you could make it so you can alter an existing name?

This is what I think is my problem with not being able to change a couple of names, its the same name just being split into two names (first and last, like it should have been to start with).

Any chance you could make it so you can alter an existing name?

It's a token you can buy off of the Cartel Market or from a reseller off of the GTN:

Rename: Character name

Currently on sale for 750 cartel coins or (on Shadowlands) for 6m credits.

It's a token you can buy off of the Cartel Market or from a reseller off of the GTN:

Rename: Character name

Currently on sale for 750 cartel coins or (on Shadowlands) for 6m credits.

Not what I was talking about, I have tokens to change my names.

What I am talking about is what I said in the rest of my post, it seems I cant take an existing name, like say Sateleshan and make it Satele Shan, well at least with only one token that is.

Edited by mudtech

lack of notes tells my spider sense its an exploit fix .. Someone i know found a credit exploit and reported it yesterday so it may be that. Hopefully its also to fix Serenity shadows one of our procs is busted and really hurts dps.

This crap gets old Tait. Every month... Tuesday comes update happens. Thursday same week another update to fix something you broke during the patch that's minor meanwhile other things get left broken that are known issues. Edited by Lil_Fusion

:mad: What I saw on the EA support about my classes infuriated me. I am NOT a Legendary player but I earned my smuggler class. And I used that smuggler kick with my other characters on heroic moments. Care to explain if this update will fix it? Because the EA support says MAY and that is WRONG. I have never complained much about weird bugs, or the eternally slow updates. But this goes too far.

It was posted like this bug they just introduced only affects Legendary players, as if everyone is already playing KOTFE. My character's story achievement and the uses my other characters got out of it got thrown under a bus. The world will NOT come to an end if you delay the launch long enough to bug test and no the class stories are NOT expendable!

I see no point in playing until its fixed. And if that means I don't play til May than I'll probably wonder why I should bother to subscribe again - after all, I'm already sitting here figuring my achievements won't count and probably won't count if I finish the latest class before its fixed! What happens if I DO finish another class story? Will it even be counted as completed or will it be ignored?! Have you even bothered to CHECK?

Edited by RebelJedaii

What I am talking about is what I said in the rest of my post, it seems I cant take an existing name, like say Sateleshan and make it Satele Shan, well at least with only one token that is.

Yes, that should be with the token. I haven;t seen anyone else mention that they haven't been able to do it. Strange....

Yes, that should be with the token. I haven;t seen anyone else mention that they haven't been able to do it. Strange....

This kid wants to change his/her name for free; doesn't realize that would defeat the purpose of devs introducing two-word names in the first place.

Wait think I know what the issue is, just forget I posted. Edited by mudtech

I'm already sitting here figuring my achievements won't count and probably won't count if I finish the latest class before its fixed! What happens if I DO finish another class story? Will it even be counted as completed or will it be ignored?! Have you even bothered to CHECK?

That's the thing that has stopped me playing - I have two classes to go for the 8/8 completion, but losing my Trooper's completion not only takes away the legacy ability from my other characters, but also makes me wary of completing another story until it's fixed.

This crap gets old Tait. Every month... Tuesday comes update happens. Thursday same week another update to fix something you broke during the patch that's minor meanwhile other things get left broken that are known issues.

THIS, how long has the Jindo Krey fight in "The Emperor's Throne" flashpoint been broken? Far too often I'm there and not a single person can get the gun to reset.

THIS, how long has the Jindo Krey fight in "The Emperor's Throne" flashpoint been broken? Far too often I'm there and not a single person can get the gun to reset.

You mean the False emperor ?

Yeah its an annoying bug, but such bugs are pretty far down their list.. after fixing typos in ability descriptions it seems... :p

For some reason i lost my Bounty Hunter chapter 3 achievement on Shadow Lands, and this i s not a token character, it was played from level one to 51 whn i completed the chapter 3, i checked that the achievement was there and after patch on Tue, the achievement is gone.

I have absolutely no class missions left in my quest log, so i am not able to re-complete it.:mad:

Hopefully its also to fix Serenity shadows one of our procs is busted and really hurts dps.

I sincerely hope so. Shadows are very broken right now, both our DPS specs are outclassed by every other one, I know of 4 abilities that don't work half the time (shadow stride, shadow stride/maul, phase walk, and resilience) and now Serenity Shadow's DPS is broken?

Fix it Bioware.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Seriously I have to inquire about the timing of this. 3 PM is prime time EU ... this tuesday we had 1 PM, couldn't you just have maintenance on 1 PM again? Way to treat all customers equally Bioware!
I do feel for all the EU people but sorry, your just going to have to get use to it when dealing with an American based game company.

As you can see this is happening at 7am PDT which I believe is 9am for BW, this is normal business hours for most companies. To accommodate off morning hours for people in the EU they would then have to be working well late into the night. In other words after hours in the overtime zone, that is far to costly to do.

All gaming companies have to pick a time when things get done and for these companies the only logical choice is in the time zone they are based.