The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Chapter: Visions in the dark - Post your thoughts

Shwarzchild

This chapter was good BUT...

damn it BW . I went 1st as a LS Wrath . And everyone assumed I was DS . Sheesh....

One liner Valk !!!!

The only thing I found interesting here , was that whole 'The force' talk . Made me wonder , are they taking inspiration from Kreia ?? Will this confirm something from Kotor 2 ? :D

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh what a great chapter. It just needed more ridiculously easy mobs that waste your time by going invisible, more blue **** to click and more large areas where you're not allowed to mount up. Oh, and more drama BS between Koth and Senya...

So far I've done just the Chapter itself, not the alerts and other stuff and I had a wonderful time. I genuinely enjoyed it. I think the only thing that made me frown a little was..

The [Flirt] that showed up when first speaking to Satele, lol.

LoL yeah, that and the

Horrendously ugly "UberSaber" that I crafted

Made me cringe.

LoLs for them switching out the unavoidable skytroopers from 10 & 11 for the unavoidable litle blue trollmen instead...

Disapointed in all the sets from the new pack with even -more- undyable yellow tertiary trim... :mad:

And my sin was very unhappy to find a different dashade rather then Khem... although

Orrogub asking if i thought feeding one of Sana Raes acolytes to him might make the new dashade more cooperative was pretty funny...

I was a bit bummed by the lightsabers stats (first run was a DS Lightning Sorc, but then I realized it was mod able and the buffs were from the hilt!! Huzzah! So I popped in my 216's and away I went!

This is when i -reeeeeeeeeally- wish there was WoW style weapon transmog, where you could change the appearance of any weapon to the appearance of a same style weapon you own (only saber to saber, pistol to pistol et cetera, no making a pistol look like a saber) because good gods is that thing i crafted FUGLY. :mad::(

Dont like gold tertiary trim on armor, dont like gold colored weapons either, plus as a 2h saber the damn thing is like 3 feet long unlit... sigh. I'll defeat Arcan with it because he will be doubled over with laughter seeing me holding it..

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I thought this chapter was the best yet! Lots of feels in/for this chapter and questions! Lots of good /difficult choices to choose from. I loved it! Meeting Satele and Marr was a wonderful treat! :t_biggrin::t_biggrin: I can't wait to see how the ending of that chapter turned out. :-/

It was a really interesting

(being shown that you have to look past being Sith or Jedi to defeat Arcann and become something new)

The final choice is an interesting one

Having the option to kill Satele

It leaves thought for the wider implications i guess :

In the grand scheme of things it it would be counter productive to kill Satele at this point in time.

You would mostly loss the support of what allies she could give (if any at this point), the Alliance becomes weaker as a whole since you succeed in pissing off Theron for killing his mother and could lose what ever allies he would bring in (not exactly what you need when you are fighting a war)

Edited by xMrPirie

Snip

This is when i -reeeeeeeeeally- wish there was WoW style weapon transmog, where you could change the appearance of any weapon to the appearance of a same style weapon you own (only saber to saber, pistol to pistol et cetera, no making a pistol look like a saber) because good gods is that thing i crafted FUGLY. :mad::( ..

Yeah a system to transfer the Hitls properties to a different frame would be awesome. I have so many sexy hilts unlocked, I can totally get behind this!

I liked it, I got a empire strikes back feel with luke on degobah especially with all the flip jumps and what not.

The new saber I think i will keep its not the worst I have seen and it does make sense for my sorc since I have used kalligs lightsaber til now.

I loved the flirt option and the response.

I just wish I knew more information about the different types of saber though it's not well explained.

Speaking of not well explained what's up with the new alert you have no idea what you are supposed to do chat worked it out together.

This is by FAR best chapter of all of released so far.

I had a feeling actually playing Kotor again. This is what interest me doing story. I wish there would be more unique choices than we had in last chapter and probably we should be able to choose from more different unique items or color variations. I really hope we got more like last chapter in future.

I dislike killing x amount of mobs and just watch story. As player we want to actually choose what rewards we get based on our choices. I do wish we could get some skill or animated emote/action based on your choice like last chapter.

Edited by Divona

So has anyone

killed Satele? Does it take or does she just "blah blah you're not allowed!" and vanish before you actually kill her?

She says she understands and when you go to strike her down she stops you(by freezing your actions or Tutaminis, couldnt tell got a lag spike) and disappears with Marr

Speaking about the Lightsaber...

Which one did you use and why? Speaking to all of you now.

This includes Satele/Marr choice and what you concentrated on.

I did:

Satele/Marr: I chose Both.

Concentrated on "transcendence"

I had to google what transcendence means exactly. I was a bit torn tho.. couldn't decice.

Sacrifice didn't really suit my Jugger.. Resilience was a strong contended but felt like was kinda included in transcendence.

Edited by Focusangel

Speaking about the Lightsaber...

Which one did you use and why? Speaking to all fo you now.

This includes Satele/Marr choice and what you concentrated on.

I did:

Satele/Marr: I chose Both.

Concentrated on "transcendence"

Ditto.

Seemed the most likely to result in the most powerful, diverse lightsaber

The chapter was OK storywise. Rewards were very disappointing in that the schematic was no use to the character that got it. While it is legacy bound so can pass it on, however the character I pass it on to will get it anyway. The weapon I got was far below what I was already using, so is only good as vender credits (if it can be sold? not tried yet)

No alert was also disappointing unless I did not get it because not done many alerts on the character I used today. Will try my main character later but wanted to run though on a character I did not care if I picked a bad choice.

So far I have always rejected the Emperor's power, Is there much difference in story if you except it every time?

Only three chapters left so looks like there will be many original comps that will not be part of KotFE.

Story I will give 8/10

S

The chapter was OK storywise. Rewards were very disappointing in that the schematic was no use to the character that got it. While it is legacy bound so can pass it on, however the character I pass it on to will get it anyway. The weapon I got was far below what I was already using, so is only good as vender credits (if it can be sold? not tried yet)

No alert was also disappointing unless I did not get it because not done many alerts on the character I used today. Will try my main character later but wanted to run though on a character I did not care if I picked a bad choice.

So far I have always rejected the Emperor's power, Is there much difference in story if you except it every time?

Only three chapters left so looks like there will be many original comps that will not be part of KotFE.

Story I will give 8/10

S

I wouldn't be so quick to dispose of the weapon (or at least the hilt); it's probably going to be important later.

Story I will give 8/10

I accepted his power every time so far. and i he just got pissed and said i was to weak and not what he had imagined.

Also the alert

is tied to Oggruobb so if you haven't done anything with him you wont see it

I wouldn't be so quick to dispose of the weapon (or at least the hilt); it's probably going to be important later.

what's special about the hilt?

I just immediately put a better purple one in there overriding the existing one. The weapon still says the Equip: ... message

I clicked on everything and didnt find it D:

Here we have the reason why its legacy bound.. :D Gonna discover it with one of my other chars.

The Hilt is probably important for later chapters.. since it gives you the power to defeat arcann.

Edited by Focusangel