How to invite someone with space in his character name into the guild?

Elysith

Try putting the name in quotes, like /ginvite "Some Guy"

I don't know if that works, but it's worth a shot.

That would be my guess as that's how other games handle it. I;m still patching so can't verify that.

The /ginvite command does not accept a name with a space.

Is there some new syntax to use with /ginv to accept a character name with a space?

Do what I do with people and their stupid accents, right click their name to whisper them, then drag highlight the name in window, copy then /ginvite (paste)

And this is why bioware clearly needs to get out of the MMO business. They don't know what they are doing anymore. Even trying to save face is not working for them. They just keep falling face first every patch on some of the dumbest stuff that you would think is "common sense", however it clearly isn't common sense if they can't even do it the first time right.

Am I just old, and out of touch with the way social media has affected the tone of our language?

Or do many of these thread titles and posts come across as needlessly hyperbolic and shrill and aggressive?

(Not related to the title of this thread in particular.)

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Am I just old, and out of touch with the way social media has affected the tone of our language?

Or do many of these thread titles and posts come across as needlessly hyperbolic and shrill and aggressive?

Social media provides the ease of being blunt without needing to worry about hurting peoples feelings. Stupid stuff deserve blunt answers that said in person might make the person who said something stupid cry or feel bad man.

Social media provides the ease of being blunt without needing to worry about hurting peoples feelings. Stupid stuff deserve blunt answers that said in person might make the person who said something stupid cry or feel bad man.

So in other words, you get to hide behind your screen, and not worry about repercussions, both in terms of backlash, and in terms of actually looking at the people you might effect.

Roger.

I haven't logged in to check it myself since AVG broke my SSN install yesterday and this patch broke my tablet's Bitraider install this morning, but this sounds like a serious issue.

I hope the community devs notice it soon and relay it to get fixed.

~ Eudoxia

You are not wrong, nor old. Just mature and absent of keester_as_a_hat. :p

If you are not man enough to make your complaints out in the open and in a civilized manner, you don't deserve to be listened to. Period. End of discussion.

And.. with that.. off you go into my forum /ignore bin.... which does not happen much anymore, so take it as an indicator of how your attitude about internet communications is neither mature nor needed. ;) bye.

Edited by Andryah

usually in the past if i ever had a person with a weird looking letter or something I needed to use alt + what ever code to make. I would just click on their name click whisper so for example you now have /whisper player name (with the space) what I would do and it always works for me is delete the word whisper and just type ginvite and you will still have the name. maybe that will help there might be some underscore key they didn't tell us about for those name we have to type in when inviting

This sucks. I don't have time to go and stand next to every character that needs an invite and I wouldn't ask any of my officers to do so. Hopefully this isn't an oversight on the devs part and it's just that we're missing something.

For the record, I tried:

1. /ginvite Some Name
  2. /ginvite: Some Name
  3. /ginvite: Some Name:
  4. /ginvite: "Some Name"
  5. /ginvite "Some Name"
  6. /ginvite: 'Some Name'
  7. /ginvite 'Some Name'
  8. /ginvite Some_Name
  9. /ginvite: Some_Name
  10. /ginvite Some-Name
  11. /ginvite: Some-Name
  12. /ginvite Some\ Name
  13. /ginvite: Some\ Name

Edited by UlaVii
Removed players name.

Confirmed. Nothing beyond right-clicking someone's faceplate works to ginvite a character with a space in their name.

And the surname is lowercase in chat, which looks like crap.

Yes, this was highlighted as being broken on the PTS too, but I guess they missed that bit of feedback.

Wow, this post above and ...

So in other words, you get to hide behind your screen, and not worry about repercussions, both in terms of backlash, and in terms of actually looking at the people you might effect.

Roger.

Reminds me of a person that ...

That's what happens when 99% of said poster's "contribution" consists of transparent attempts to start arguments with other posters, instead of any effort discuss the issues at hand.

Not to mention that ...

Roger.

Pretty much sums you up nicely as well.

And people wonder why some people view max as a troll :rolleyes:

As noted on another thread regarding whispers, perhaps this syntax will work? UlaVii had a whole stack of tried combos, but this was not listed....

/ginvite character name:

Apparently whispers are now required to have the colon ':' between the name and the message.

Edited by -Wes-