Why does getting booted from a group lock you out of group finder?

dawg_bone

This is becoming a regular occurrence.

Queue for group finder.

Get a pop.

Click accept.

Get booted within seconds because they hoped a guild member would get in instead. I get it, you'd rather have them. I have no issues with that. But why is it that I'm the one who gets punished with a 15 minute lockout from GF?

That does suck. If you get kicked within the first 2 minutes it'd be great if they could not penalize you.

I assume the reason it exists is to punish the AFKers, Ninja Looters and mouthy jerks. I wish WZs would penalize people who leave before the match is over as well.

Because anything goes with group finder, really, especially if they have another buddy coming together - then they hijack the party because they will always be majority. Thats not the worst part of it though - common occurrence now is to have people between lvl 50-64 joining your parties in hard mode FPs and simply hindering the progress of your group because they cant perform properly to beat timers and mechanics.

I hate the idea of gated content, but there is only so much people can do to help others progress. If I am joining a hard mode FP as a healer, they cannot expect me to keep everyone alive, interrupt bosses, dps bosses down to beat enrage timers and teach people how to play their classes. This has to stop.

This really needs to be changed. Lost count of how many times i've been booted instantly (group lead probably wanted a friend to join) or for making LS/DS choices and petty things like that

If you lost count of the times you have been booted, then those are probably not the reasons.

I wish WZs would penalize people who leave before the match is over as well.

Then you'd just have less people in a WZs. The queues are bad enough as it is. Be lucky they leave. Because some of us will just sit in the WZ and do nothing, preventing you from even having the chance at a replacement.

Edited by Dayshadow

Thats not the worst part of it though - common occurrence now is to have people between lvl 50-64 joining your parties in hard mode FPs and simply hindering the progress of your group because they cant perform properly to beat timers and mechanics.

I hate the idea of gated content, but there is only so much people can do to help others progress. If I am joining a hard mode FP as a healer, they cannot expect me to keep everyone alive, interrupt bosses, dps bosses down to beat enrage timers and teach people how to play their classes. This has to stop.

Last time I did a HM via GF (an extraordinarily rare thing), the "tank" was a 65 Juggernaut in 204 DPS WZ gear who admitted he was not Immortal but had simply changed his character's stance.

That sucks. All this time I thought the lock out timer was only for quitters :(

Pretty sure it is, which lends an air of trolling or total BS to the OP.

Edited by branmakmuffin

If the 2 or the 3 are looking for their friend in the group, why would they hit accept when the group window pops up? Why wouldnt they decline the group until they get their friend in?

It was for the daily gf ops and it was already in process.

Then you'd just have less people in a WZs. The queues are bad enough as it is. Be lucky they leave. Because some of us will just sit in the WZ and do nothing, preventing you from even having the chance at a replacement.

There would probably be more people in WZs if they knew the bad people were being griefed by the devs and unable to aggravate them as often.

Allods actually had a pretty cool anti-jerk check. If you weren't doing anything in the WZ for too long you'd be booted. So if you were going to do nothing in a WZ you'd at least have to do so while guarding an objective to earn medals. There's a chance that the sin stealthing up might turn back seeing me hopping around and you standing and doing nothing. I'd take your forced participation over in that situation over a 7v8 any day. Especially if you got slapped with a 30-minute queue penalty for no movement/actions for 60 seconds.

There would probably be more people in WZs if they knew the bad people were being griefed by the devs and unable to aggravate them as often.

Allods actually had a pretty cool anti-jerk check. If you weren't doing anything in the WZ for too long you'd be booted. So if you were going to do nothing in a WZ you'd at least have to do so while guarding an objective to earn medals. There's a chance that the sin stealthing up might turn back seeing me hopping around and you standing and doing nothing. I'd take your forced participation over in that situation over a 7v8 any day. Especially if you got slapped with a 30-minute queue penalty for no movement/actions for 60 seconds.

Would suck for that poor sniper guarding who gets a stealth detection buff based on how long they stay in one spot.

Experienced the same, joined an in-progress GF operation and immediately leader of the group wrote that I am not the one they wanted and removed me from the group and got a 15 minute lockout as a result.

Here is what is happening a lot. Guild runs the daily op up to the last boss. 1 person leaves to keep the lockout. They log on to another character. The new character queues up for GF op and then the group searches for a replacement and the alt popps in. Which is great if no one else is in the queue. If there are people in the queue, then whoever is next in line gets in instead and then they get kicked. I totally understand wanting to do that and don't mind getting kicked for that reason, however it is not really fair to lock you out of GF when you get kicked, only when you leave by choice.

Edited by HelinCarnate

There is nothing in place to stop someone from wasting a group slot. You're assuming the person just sits there and goes to make a sandwich. Some people just want the experience and will not leave. They will do nothing to contribute and there is no way to boot them because they only have to stand up and walk around or fire one shot and them go back to doing nothing.