Satele Shan vs Darth Marr who wins...GO!

lorddragone

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because Satele didn't face the Emperor herself or proclaimed herself as the false Emperor incurring the wrath of many, doesn't mean she'd stand victorious if she was put in that position. The woman essentially ran and hid, go figure. Edited by JennyFlynn

Just because Satele didn't face the Emperor herself or proclaimed herself as the false Emperor incurring the wrath of many, doesn't mean she'd stand victorious if she was put in that position. The woman essentially ran and hid, go figure.

Yeah, she's rational.

Malgus takes a small amount of Sith, Imperials and Voss while relying solely on a gimmick.There he proudly looks to the sky and proclaims "Yes, now I can go and wage war on the two galactic factions that control most of the known galaxy!"

Marr stares down the man who he knows recently ate an entire planet for breakfast and thinks ''Yeah.. I can totally take him" instead of ''Maybe if I put enough guards between us, I can get out of here and give the Empire more of a fighting chance..."

Yeah, she's rational.

Marr stares down the man who he knows recently ate an entire planet for breakfast and thinks ''Yeah.. I can totally take him" instead of ''Maybe if I put enough guards between us, I can get out of here and give the Empire more of a fighting chance..."

He never presumed he could take on the Emperor, he knows he couldn't. I think he said as much on Rishi somewhere depending on the dialog options. But in the moment he had little choice. Bow down or a last hoorah. I sooner would have chosen death than to bow down to the Emperor, f- that. Doesn't make him weak, really. Though his death scene was pathetic and beneath him but oh well.

He never presumed he could take on the Emperor, he knows he couldn't. I think he said as much on Rishi somewhere depending on the dialog options. But in the moment he had little choice. Bow down or a last hoorah. I sooner would have chosen death than to bow down to the Emperor, f- that. Doesn't make him weak, really. Though his death scene was pathetic and beneath him but oh well.

It doesn't make him weak, it just makes his less of a quick thinker. Marr is usually the type to put aside his own pride for the sake of the Empire, so I would think he'd prefer to run, escape and maybe bring down the whole ship down with Vitiate if he could find an escape route.

Yeah, she's rational.

Malgus takes a small amount of Sith, Imperials and Voss while relying solely on a gimmick.There he proudly looks to the sky and proclaims "Yes, now I can go and wage war on the two galactic factions that control most of the known galaxy!"

Rational... or a coward. Malgus and Marr stood up for what they believe in giving in there hardest and would not betray their beliefs. Satele on the other hand retreats when the republic needed her most in a dire situation. Unless she has the ability of divine intervention of seeing 5 years into the future, and only god knows how long after that for the alliance to win, she is a coward and only fights for what she believes in when its convenient. Besides... unlike Marr, she wasn't directly confronted by the Emperor and his sons on top of his 85 guards.

Edited by peter_plankskull

Rational... or a coward. Malgus and Marr stood up for what they believe in giving in there hardest and would not betray their beliefs.

Malgus was simply an idiot,yeah he stood up for what he believed in, but that doesn't cahnge the fact that his plan was abismal. It doesn't make him brave.

Satele on the other hand retreats when the republic needed her most in a dire situation. Unless she has the ability of divine intervention of seeing 5 years into the future, and only god knows how long after that for the alliance to win, she is a coward and only fights for what she believes in when its convenient. Besides... unlike Marr, she wasn't directly confronted by the Emperor and his sons on top of his 85 guards.

Edit:Oh wait, it's not april 5 yet... Nevermind

Though this does remind me of a joke

"And now you have... COURAGE!''

''What power does that give me?"

"Well... If you see a bus speeding past, you'll jump in front of it!"

"That's not courage, that's stupidity!"

"Same thing, really"

Edited by Codedrago

Shan. She whooped up on Malgus's *** and I think Malgus can take Marr.

She lost to Malgus once and pretty much lost the second until Jace Malcom's timely intervention. She also stated she was terrified to face Malgus again.

That being said, Satele is more powerful than most give her credit for. I like Marr better, but I'd give the win to Satele.

EDIT: I was wrong about the age/exp advantage, apparently Marr is 3 years older than Satele.

Edited by Temeluchus

Yeah, she's rational.

To be fair, that seems to work more often than not.

Revan relied on a gimmick (the Rishi plan) and nearly destroyed the Republic and Empire's fleets and commanders. He was only stopped by a group of exiles.

Then the Eternal Empire comes along with their gimmick (the Eternal Fleet controlled by GEMINI) and actually defeats the two galactic factions that control most of the known galaxy.

Heck the Dread Masters darn near did it too.

To be fair, that seems to work more often than not.

Revan relied on a gimmick (the Rishi plan) and nearly destroyed the Republic and Empire's fleets and commanders. He was only stopped by a group of exiles.

Revan wasn't taking on both factions openly like that, he was using spies inside each faction to cause enough destruction to fuel the ritual. Malgus took on both factions, Revan lured a small amount of each faction to a conflict.

Then the Eternal Empire comes along with their gimmick (the Eternal Fleet controlled by GEMINI) and actually defeats the two galactic factions that control most of the known galaxy.

The Eternal Empire came with a flee that out-numbered and out-teched the other factions. Much different then ''stealth fleet yall!''

Heck the Dread Masters darn near did it too

Because at that point one of the factions were crippled, besides the Dread Masters were falling into madness (More then their usual brand) and weren't really planning on surviving their attack, just leave a heck of a lot of damage.

Malgus was simply an idiot,yeah he stood up for what he believed in, but that doesn't cahnge the fact that his plan was abismal. It doesn't make him brave.

Edit:Oh wait, it's not april 5 yet... Nevermind

Though this does remind me of a joke

"And now you have... COURAGE!''

''What power does that give me?"

"Well... If you see a bus speeding past, you'll jump in front of it!"

"That's not courage, that's stupidity!"

"Same thing, really"

I myself didn't like the 180 character turn of Malgus and depending on your choices, literally the last thing you say to him from the red reaper flashpoint is don't go crazy with power... However his idea wasn't stupid... he wanted to unite the Empire with there alien inhabitants and neutral factions like trandoshans and mandalorians and funny enough he does this by challenging the old empire....

That joke is completely different... unless of course you believe in jumping in front of buses and whatever. He died for what he believed in... uniting the Empire into one but Bioware and there awful writing messed it up and decided for him to go insane and then basically reincarnate his personality into Marr once he died. He did make a impact however... in ROTHC imperial Makeb its stated that the Empire was short handed and decided to recruit the alien factions that stood with the Empire when Malgus was taking over. However doing this means the ones that sided with him is separated and aren't united and they needed more forces in the first place due to his uprising. :confused: GG Bioware writing.

Satele however remains a coward and as well does a 180 turn in personality. She wasn't one to sacrifice innocent lives and would fight to the death to protect those in need while also giving second chances. In KOTFE however she decides to leave the Republic when needed most letting all those civilians die in the process along with the soldiers and the republic, just another showing of bad Bioware writing.

I myself didn't like the 180 character turn of Malgus and depending on your choices, literally the last thing you say to him from the red reaper flashpoint is don't go crazy with power... However his idea wasn't stupid... he wanted to unite the Empire with there alien inhabitants and neutral factions like trandoshans and mandalorians and funny enough he does this by challenging the old empire....

That joke is completely different... unless of course you believe in jumping in front of buses and whatever. He died for what he believed in... uniting the Empire into one but Bioware and there awful writing messed it up and decided for him to go insane and then basically reincarnate his personality into Marr once he died. He did make a impact however... in ROTHC imperial Makeb its stated that the Empire was short handed and decided to recruit the alien factions that stood with the Empire when Malgus was taking over. However doing this means the ones that sided with him is separated and aren't united and they needed more forces in the first place due to his uprising. :confused: GG Bioware writing.

What he wanted wasn't stupid, just his plan. And this has been pretty consistent with his usual personality, he's never been a thinker.

Yes, in ROTHC imperials recruit alien factions... But Malgus's idiotic coup is the reason Imperial Makeb even happened. "The Empire will be strong and great! For about a day or two before the Republic steam-roles the opportunity of vulnerability I opened for them...

Satele however remains a coward and as well does a 180 turn in personality. She wasn't one to sacrifice innocent lives and would fight to the death to protect those in need while also giving second chances. In KOTFE however she decides to leave the Republic when needed most letting all those civilians die in the process along with the soldiers and the republic, just another showing of bad Bioware writing.

Again... Can't talk about it yet, unless I want Bioware to delete my posts...

What he wanted wasn't stupid, just his plan. And this has been pretty consistent with his usual personality, he's never been a thinker.

Yes, in ROTHC imperials recruit alien factions... But Malgus's idiotic coup is the reason Imperial Makeb even happened. "The Empire will be strong and great! For about a day or two before the Republic steam-roles the opportunity of vulnerability I opened for them...

Agreed

Again... Can't talk about it yet, unless I want Bioware to delete my posts...

You could always PM me ;).

Shan. She whooped up on Malgus's *** and I think Malgus can take Marr.

as others have stated, Malgus pwned her twice, and if it were not for the intervention of two dudes, she'd be feeding the worms. still, you gotta give props to someone that can catch a lightsber's "blade".