The new Dashade is "official"

IanArgent

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm finding hard to understand is why?

With the literal army of companions already and a second army still awaiting to return, what possible reason is there to introduce another random companion over one of our old crew and LI's?

At the current rate of return, we may never see some of our companions back for years... It boggles the mind, them wasting time adding another random. :(

What I'm finding hard to understand is why?

With the literal army of companions already and a second army still awaiting to return, what possible reason is there to introduce another random companion over one of our old crew and LI's?

At the current rate of return, we may never see some of our companions back for years... It boggles the mind, them wasting time adding another random. :(

It could just be a different name for Khem. Just like how SCORPIO was named Lady of Sorrows and Kalyio was names Firebrand, this new one may actually be Khem but gave himself a different name.

It could just be a different name for Khem. Just like how SCORPIO was named Lady of Sorrows and Kalyio was names Firebrand, this new one may actually be Khem but gave himself a different name.

Could be. One can hope I suppose.

I would much rather have the original Khem back. He is the only comp I use on my SI just for the story bond and everything we have gone through (I helped Khem kick Zash to the curb), besides, I like his sense of humor.

Khem Val back please, not generic Dashade #341

Watching the Jaesa debate, I'm thinking... Schrödinger's Jaesa... she could be in either state until you open the box.

Is that paradox solvable by just simply waiting? Leave the cat in the box for two months, then you know it's dead.

It's not, this Dashade has his own name and backstory.

It's not, this Dashade has his own name and backstory.

Will the ancient Dashade warrior, Ak'ghal Usar, deem you worthy and fight by your side? Find out in one week!
How did you get he is a separate entity with his own backstory from that?

I just went back looking at all the Firebrand stuff and nowhere in all the prerelease and release material for Anarchy in Paradise is Kaliyo's name mentioned or even hinted at that it's someone returning.

I suppose we have to remember that this is a new game from 60 with plenty of players that have never done any class stories, and that any character being introduced needs to be done in a way that fits with kotfe.

It's only a week away now, so we'll find out soon enough.

I just went back looking at all the Firebrand stuff and nowhere in all the prerelease and release material for Anarchy in Paradise is Kaliyo's name mentioned or even hinted at that it's someone returning.

I suppose we have to remember that this is a new game from 60 with plenty of players that have never done any class stories, and that any character being introduced needs to be done in a way that fits with kotfe.

I didn't get it from that.

Rumors from folks with hard hats

How long as it been since rank 10 was "max affection", though?

How many tier 1 gifts does it take to get a companion to rank 50?

I think rank 1 gifts to rank 50 is impossible though :) but seriously Khem was my sorcs highest ranked companion level 32 (so a fair bit of work went into him) I even often left him on the ship after the end of chapter 1 and I swapped companions on each planet. So if we never get Khem back then Bioware need to transfer influence over. I don't think bioware ever said that we would be permanently loosing any companions.

Max for the record I know it takes 456 rank 1 gifts and about 1 hour of your time pointlessly gift clicking to get a companion from rank 1 to rank 20 assuming you use the gift giving legacy unlocks.

Maybe this is a new dashade, so perhaps this means that some companions wont be returning in the story, but i doubt they are gone forever. Hopefully at the end you get a last couple alerts in which you find the last couple old crew mates.

I understand the point is to make all the companions available to all classes, which was always something often requested. I would prefer the companion unlocks to be tied to legacy, but nevertheless a different discussion completly.

If this is the case, this is the right way to make a "khem-val" for all classes. I love Khem, but he is not really one to join the "alliance" and fight along some smuggler or Jedi.

A different Dashade, one thats not all "Tulak Horde" obsessed, makes sense

If khem remains a class specific character that we can still get back from either some last minute alerts or even the terminal, I am fine with that.

As last as we dont lose these old companions from the main stoyline, I am cool with it.

Edited by kirorx

All indications are that Tanno Vik will not be returning (except via the terminal for Troopers). SO there is a precedent for them not bringing back all the companions for everyone.

There are extraordinary circumstances with Vik though, 1 you do see him in a cameo role in kotfe but his original voice actor died so perhaps rather than keep using another actor they write him out of the story all together, especially since there is an option to kill him off yourself anyway.

I think rank 1 gifts to rank 50 is impossible though :) but seriously Khem was my sorcs highest ranked companion level 32 (so a fair bit of work went into him) I even often left him on the ship after the end of chapter 1 and I swapped companions on each planet. So if we never get Khem back then Bioware need to transfer influence over. I don't think bioware ever said that we would be permanently loosing any companions.

Max for the record I know it takes 456 rank 1 gifts and about 1 hour of your time pointlessly gift clicking to get a companion from rank 1 to rank 20 assuming you use the gift giving legacy unlocks.

Khem ought to continue be available from the companion return terminal if his influence doesn't carry over to the new Dashade.

It is annoyance, but if it is separate character then simply use companion terminal. Most likely alert based ones are optional so it is not like they would play part of story.

Concerning Jaesa I find it strange that some would advocate neutral one as that would overwrite choice for both sides. If too complicated then just make her alliance alert and keep her whatever your SW had and for rest default to DS as it is for lvl 60 new SW.

Concerning alignment defaults, SI default title is LS.

Edited by Chaloss

That's my gripe about Khem mark 2

He was my highest influence companion, so if the new one "replaces" him, then I hope the influence is transferred.

As no other returnee has come back starting at base influence if you had them higher before hand

I don't want Khem Val's cousin. I want my evil murderous friend back. He's the best companion in the entire game. His backstory is awesome. I don't care if he's in KOTFE. The story doesn't make any sense at all to begin with.

I don't get any companion choices of substance. Like I hate this companion. Where is kill Kailyo and Koth. Neither would be in my SI's "story". I have no patience for disloyal loud mouths. Let alone a self described anarchist. You'd have to be insane to invite someone to your secret organizations base who is an anarchist I had no choice at all with that companion add. As to Koth his obvious questioning of a Sith Lord's judgement and open rebellious commentary have zero place in my story. My character kills for a lot less of an offense. I'm going to let Koth get away with that to my face?

How about my SW? I played as 100% loyal to the emperor. However, its really hard since half the story is now about that toon trying to kill the emperor. Its made him unplayable for me since Revan. I'm like wait a minute? I don't care if he wants to destroy the galaxy. I want to be his apprentice.

What the hell am I suppose to do with my BH and Agent? The story makes no sense at all. Sorry KOTFE is awful if you aren't a force user. Now I'm possessed by a Sith Emperor? Really? You couldn't write a different story arc for non-force users? Im the stupid outlander?

Frankly, not playing KOTFE would be fine with me. Its some of the worst storytelling ever.