Subscribers check your cartel coin ledgers, BioWare may be ripping you off.

Deimir

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting a pin in this thread, After seeing this i too just noticed the 3 day delay creeping in on my ledger, last coin reward of 600 was 4/15.. will need to revisit on 5/15 to see if the *fix* worked.

*marks calendar*

For the most part, I don't spend the cartel coins they grant monthly, so when I saw the post I didn't think much of it.

Since the legacy unlocks were on sale this week, and I'd be spending some, I figured I would just take a look through the ledger and see what was what. My last eight grants have been 3 days late, with the most recent one coming on the 7th of this month. There were also several other dates which were 1 and 2 days late previously, and a situation way back when I started subscribing when my second month came late, and my third month came early, putting it completely back on schedule.

All together the cartel payments have moved the date 33 days forward from when they should be occurring. Which means I am short one grant. Since April of 2015, the only grant which has come 30 days after the previous one was August.

tl:dr April 2015 is the last time a grant came 30 days to the one before, and the cartel coins are more than a month off now.

I see that BW was supposed to have fixed this issue. Mine hasn't been fixed. Am I bugged? I'm not sure where to turn now. I tried filing a ticket but the CS agent who responded said that it was normal for a grant to be 72 hours late. They didn't address of the issue of it compounding in lateness every month however. I am currently three weeks off from my original date.

Received my grant this morning, back to a 30 day gap for the first time since last July, which I'm happy about :)

Of course, that does mean that my grant is still 24 days late overall...

Just to be clear, you received you grant last month on 04/08? Which is after when the patch was allegedly put into place. My previous grant was 04/04, just before it went in and I received my grant on 05/07, 33 days after the previous one. So, I guess I will have to wait until 06/07 to see if we are back to 30 days between grants.

What still puzzles me is that my Security Key grant arrives on what should be my monthly anniversary (I am on a 6 month rotation) but somehow how that managed to FUBAR the normal Cartel Coin grants. (Btw, I stopped getting emails about when my grants arrived over a year ago.)

Just to be clear, you received you grant last month on 04/08? Which is after when the patch was allegedly put into place. My previous grant was 04/04, just before it went in and I received my grant on 05/07, 33 days after the previous one. So, I guess I will have to wait until 06/07 to see if we are back to 30 days between grants.

What still puzzles me is that my Security Key grant arrives on what should be my monthly anniversary (I am on a 6 month rotation) but somehow how that managed to FUBAR the normal Cartel Coin grants. (Btw, I stopped getting emails about when my grants arrived over a year ago.)

A lot of the bugs that (seemingly) randomly pop up are real head-scratchers as to how they went FUBAR in the first place!

I can also confirm that my "May grant" came in on 5/8, exactly thirty days after the 4/8 distribution.

That's good an all, but distributions (all going forward) are still 26 days (for me) delayed. Does this mean that if (when) I cancel my subscription, I will get my final grant about a month after-the-fact even though I am then in preferred status? Only time will tell.... :)

Edited by -Wes-

A lot of the bugs that (seemingly) randomly pop up are real head-scratchers as to how they went FUBAR in the first place!

I can also confirm that my "May grant" came in on 5/8, exactly thirty days after the 4/8 distribution.

That's good an all, but distributions (all going forward) are still 26 days (for me) delayed. Does this mean that if (when) I cancel my subscription, I will get my final grant about a month after-the-fact even though I am then in preferred status? Only time will tell.... :)

26 days after you last pay for a subscription will still have you in Subscriber status - you won't be Preferred till 30 days after your last payment.

My grants go like this:

5/6/16

4/4/16

3/2/16

1/29/16

12/27/15

11/24/15

10/22/15

9/19/15

8/17/15

7/18/15

6/16/15

5/16/15

Looks like the problem started in July of last year. Still no fix as far as I can tell.

Your next grant should hit 6/5; you didn't get it on 5/4 because the fix hadn't been implemented by 4/4.

It appears that they are not resetting grants to original date. Which is a shame.

Yes, I received my grant for last month on the 8th, received this month's also on the 8th so back to 30 days. Although, as I stated, my grant is still 24 days late overall. As people have said before, would be so much easier if the grant date stayed as the same day as sub charges instead of the current system (last grant date + 30 days).

As people have said before, would be so much easier if the grant date stayed as the same day as sub charges instead of the current system (last grant date + 30 days).

True... but I am of the opinion that if they tried to write a script to go back and reset award dates, they will probably create yet another problem and people will be negatively impacted further. They do have a track record you know, plus some part of the player base is generally crying wolf simply because they misunderstood what was or was not done.. ;)

Sometimes, it's best to just let things lie as they are ... especially since in this case the issue did not run long enough to cross a 30 day boundary and actually screw us out of a months award of CCs.

Edited by Andryah

Your next grant should hit 6/5; you didn't get it on 5/4 because the fix hadn't been implemented by 4/4.

It appears that they are not resetting grants to original date. Which is a shame.

Ok, thank you for the explanation. I'll see what happens next month. I too was hoping that they would simply reset it to the original date that it was supposed to be.

Ok, thank you for the explanation. I'll see what happens next month. I too was hoping that they would simply reset it to the original date that it was supposed to be.

If they did, they'd effectively end up paying out an "extra" grant at this point. A couple (nominal) bucks worth of "we appreciate the customers" would go a long way, IMO, but I'm not one of their bean counters.

If they did, they'd effectively end up paying out an "extra" grant at this point. A couple (nominal) bucks worth of "we appreciate the customers" would go a long way, IMO, but I'm not one of their bean counters.

In my view... they have given us plenty of good will CC grants to more then make up for the lag in this particular issuing of grants. We even got one fairly recently. Sure, they are not specifically tagged to this issue, but still... they do issue subscriber wide CC perks on an infrequent but somewhat regular basis.

Which is why I can't get worked up about it.. as long as they got it fixed, and it looks like they did.

Edited by Andryah

In my view... they have given us plenty of good will CC grants to more then make up for the lag in this particular issuing of grants. We even got one fairly recently. Sure, they are not specifically tagged to this issue, but still... they do issue subscriber wide CC perks on an infrequent but somewhat regular basis.

Which is why I can't get worked up about it.. as long as they got it fixed, and it looks like they did.

I'm not worked up about it, hence the disclaimers. In some ways I'm surprised they are as generous as they are with sub grants; it causes some weirdness in their F2P model and the game's economy.

I changed to year subscription so that explains the change to 600.

I put some calculate dates in my list and came to the conclusion that payments where due at the same date as my security key. Instead it was paused for a number off days. Then in april 2015 suddenly those dates shifted and the gaps became wider.

As it seems now the delay is 14 days in payment of subscription rewarded coins.

So there is not a BIG delay. Just a weird date shifting they cannot explain. And in my list that is already happening sins 2013.

On a side note: I never received the mail with the link for the cartel coin reward in December. They should have done what they did before and just add it to the account. (04/03/2014 and 05/05/2014)

04/27/2016

05/03/2016 Security Key Monthly Grant

03/28/2016 04/11/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 600 Cartel Coins

04/03/2016 Security Key Monthly Grant

To date I did not receive my last monthly grand that was due 04/27/2016. Still waiting.

To date I did not receive my last monthly grand that was due 04/27/2016. Still waiting.

If I am reading what you quoted correctly, you got a grant on 4/11. Which means, because of the shift from last august, you weren't going to get it on 4/27. After the supposed fix to their system on 4/5, though, you should be getting it today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow, as I think today would be the end of the 30 day cycle from 4/11.

If I'm misunderstanding what you wrote, then I apologize.

Just got my monthly grant today and it seems BW has fixed the issue for me this month. I got my last grant April 13th and and I got an email an hour ago saying they added the coins because I can't login right now. Anyways just wanted to thank the Devs for fixing this I'm pretty happy with the last month's work keep it up. :)

• 2 weeks later...
The bad thing about this is, most people who have been complaining will be too embarrassed to post now (no-one likes admitting they were wrong, especially when they were so vehement with their accusations). So this thread will probably just slide off into oblivion, and we won't get confirmation that they are now receiving their rewards as normal. We WILL hear every time it's even a day late, though.

Guess that's just the way with internet forums.

I complained. My last grant was 4/22 and this one was on 5/22. It is now "on time" and "fixed" if you accept not resetting it back to the original date as "on time" and "fixed". So ,now I am on a 30 day window, but it is just about 3 weeks later than it should be.

This is better than no fix at all, obviously. But, an actual "fix" would have also reset it to the date you should have been.

So, I'll call it partially fixed. At least no one will lose a grant as was originally feared.

I complained. My last grant was 4/22 and this one was on 5/22. It is now "on time" and "fixed" if you accept not resetting it back to the original date as "on time" and "fixed". So ,now I am on a 30 day window, but it is just about 3 weeks later than it should be.

This is better than no fix at all, obviously. But, an actual "fix" would have also reset it to the date you should have been.

So, I'll call it partially fixed. At least no one will lose a grant as was originally feared.

Thanks for the update. (I was mostly right, there has been a dearth of people coming and saying that it's been corrected.)

I actually think it's worse for BW that it falls so late in the "month" now. If it fell at the start, you'd spend it on shiny stuff and when your sub ran out, you'd have to buy more cc to get unlocks. With it falling so late in the month, if you are getting ready to unsub, you'll use it to get some unlocks, without having "wasted" the cc on toys and having to buy more.

This month was special. Auto resubscribed 11.05, gaint cartel coins 23.05. Great.

Sub date (y\m\d) | CC gain date (m\d\y)

2016/01/12 - 01/15/2016 (3 days delay)

2016/02/11 - 02/17/2016 (6 days delay)

2016/03/12 - 03/21/2016 (9 days delay)

2016/04/11 - 04/23/2016 (12 days delay)

2016/05/11 - 05/23/2016 (12 days delay)

Edited by BloodElfSW

They're probably not going to reset grant dates, because that would require an extra grant at this point, unless you'd really want to go 50 days or so without a grant, which would have its own issues.

Short of unexpected generosity from BW; the grant still comes within 30 days of the sub cycle date, which is the minimum promised.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.