If there was a public free PvP teamspeak 3 server, would you use it?

ObiGeeWyEn

The internet has shown that when there is anonymity and no accountability too large a percentage of players behave badly. At least enough to ruin things for everyone else, so no: while it seems like a good idea, I just wouldn't trust my fellow players to respect one another or themselves enough to prevent it from degenerating into a troll fest.

Worked in other games, may work here aswell if there were some kind of organized pvp or RvR event that were worth the effort.

But the lack of objetives, or "ground control game" conquest doesn't count as it's the most lamest content that this game have, so yeah although warzone are somehow fun it's as casual as it could possible be since the lack of transcendence in the game make it redundant, repetitive and due to class inbalances sometimes boring.

But if there were a pvp TS3 for pvp you can bet that pvp'rs will hop on it.

The internet has shown that when there is anonymity and no accountability too large a percentage of players behave badly. At least enough to ruin things for everyone else, so no: while it seems like a good idea, I just wouldn't trust my fellow players to respect one another or themselves enough to prevent it from degenerating into a troll fest.

They misbehave in voip now! lol... The problem I have with personal voip servers is how some immature, trollish misanthropes like to use other people's IP addresses to **** with them in the game or try to use the information for deeper nefarious activities. I just don't trust anonymous people, or voip servers that let everyone and everybody into them. I personally would rather a voip be ran by the game itself, and that way people would be help accountable for trollish/criminal activities easier. At least that's how I understand it.

DDO even has VOIP built-in, despite the game having so much aged graphics.

I use TeamSpaek often when Raiding - which I have almost completely withdrawn within the last year - but only as a listener. It is too much of a hassle to me to get behind my PC and unplug things (right now my headphones are plugged in there, and I'd have to de-plug it and replug the headset plugs).

DDO even has VOIP built-in, despite the game having so much aged graphics.

I use TeamSpaek often when Raiding - which I have almost completely withdrawn within the last year - but only as a listener. It is too much of a hassle to me to get behind my PC and unplug things (right now my headphones are plugged in there, and I'd have to de-plug it and replug the headset plugs).

big part of why I also do not like using voip. I don't like wearing headphones, and I don't like having to rearrange equipment and stuff, it's just a nuisance that imo isn't worth the hassle. I don't do group ranked, so I see no need to use voip. I been in PVP groups and not used voip, and it's never been a problem.

The only thing I notice is everyone in the group typically is quiet and not typing chat because they are chatting in voice. Which often times is what I prefer hearing anyway, that being the game sounds and not humans talking incessantly.

In theory, great idea...

In practice, the toxic element of this community couldn't help but make it little more than a verbal cesspool.

Aside from that based on the past behavior of some of the so-called better players i wouldn't want my IP address to be easily available.

In theory, great idea...

In practice, the toxic element of this community couldn't help but make it little more than a verbal cesspool.

Aside from that based on the past behavior of some of the so-called better players i wouldn't want my IP address to be easily available.

Exactly.

There was a public teamspeak server for TRE, it got completely ruined by like 1 or 2 people trolling it and it ended up getting shut down. Most people have private teamspeaks they frequent with friends in game anyway. If you don't have one it doesn't cost much to make one and honestly you don't just have to use it for swtor. Edited by AngusFTW

In theory, great idea...

Ditto.

(ps) Just to clarify, SWTOR's actually not all that toxic at all. I mean, its actually one of the nicest PvP communities I've been in... both in-game and the forums. In some other game communities I know... haha... compared to most other communities, even the worst insults and flame wars in SWTOR forums isn't much at all.

Edited by kweassa

Probably wouldn't use it or even check it out.

In every game I've played with public channels included, or popular public channels on Vent or whatever, they ended up just being cringe-worthy **** shows of morons and ****ed up freaks pissing in each others ears over open desk mics with lots of bad music and mouth breathing. Normal people and decent players stuck with private voip.

Edited by Joesixxpack

In theory, great idea...

100% agree

Ditto.

(ps) Just to clarify, SWTOR's actually not all that toxic at all. I mean, its actually one of the nicest PvP communities I've been in... both in-game and the forums. In some other game communities I know... haha... compared to most other communities, even the worst insults and flame wars in SWTOR forums isn't much at all.

:eek::eek::eek:

Damn, you must have played some really bad games if you think swtor isn't toxic and is nice.. Although a lot of those extremely toxic people have left to check out other games.. But will return or new ones will take their place...

no, if bw implemented it to WZ then yes, but i get feeling that would devolve to voice chat of people complain about others instead of using to make things better in wz

That and you'd have to deal with all the annoying kids that play too. Actually I'd probably not use it. I grow annoyed reading what some of these little monsters type, last thing I'd want to have to do is hear them rage in voice. There's little worse than hearing a whiny immature brat cry or talk **** in voice.