Lightsabers way to big - a kind request

jankiel

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/swtor-tempted-apprentices-lightsaber.jpg

Could we finally get some cartel sabers that aren't massive and oversized please? Is the CM team compensating for what they lack or what? Lightsabers in star wars aren't Pringles Tubes. Just compare them to the ones from the recent movie. http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/1b/Finn_Lightsaber_Stance.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20160109121029

Actually, the hilt size is pretty close to correct. She is just holding it wrong. Typically, you want some spacing between your hands and to choke up some.. Go lookup up pictures of people holding various types of 2 handed weapons.

That one isn't too bad, compared to half the double-sabers. Some of those come down to a character's ankles when clipped to their belt. Weapons being ridiculously oversized is a Bioware tradition at this point. It is a common problem in their RPGs as well.

It is sort of like hair in BIoware games. You hope it will improve, but know it won't.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

If all the lightsaber hilts were as small as the ones in the film, no one would see and marvel at your choice of hilt design, and if no one can marvel and feel all jealous about someone else's lightsaber, there would be no reason at all to buy packs to get all the different sabers.

If all the lightsaber hilts were as small as the ones in the film, no one would see and marvel at your choice of hilt design, and if no one can marvel and feel all jealous about someone else's lightsaber, there would be no reason at all to buy packs to get all the different sabers.

That doesn't mean they need to be oversized like a pringles tube. :rak_03: It's ugly when a saber is completely out of proportion, specially on smaller body types.

The mainhand lightsaber is not that bad if you are a single lightsaber wielding class, but I would never dual wield this saber with the shoto as the hilt is too big for a single hand, but its not terrible with 2.

That said I would prefer if all the cartel market sabers were the size of the shoto, or at least something in between.

It was mentioned somewhere that some people like to have their fancy weapons more visible. So BW may be responding to that.

Also, not all lightsabers in the Cartel Market are huge, particularly some that have been around for a while. For example, the Volatile Derelict Lightsaber is not huge and the VD Saberstaff, while a bit large is nowhere near as huge as some newer ones. (It hangs down to about mid-thigh, rather than mid-calf).

It was mentioned somewhere that some people like to have their fancy weapons more visible. So BW may be responding to that.

Also, not all lightsabers in the Cartel Market are huge, particularly some that have been around for a while. For example, the Volatile Derelict Lightsaber is not huge and the VD Saberstaff, while a bit large is nowhere near as huge as some newer ones. (It hangs down to about mid-thigh, rather than mid-calf).

The derelict lightsabers seem ok as long as you use it as a 2 handed weapon, if you try to use it as a dual wielding class then yes perhaps it is still slightly too large.

The derelict lightsabers seem ok as long as you use it as a 2 handed weapon, if you try to use it as a dual wielding class then yes perhaps it is still slightly too large.

I disagree, my Jedi Sentinel uses 2 of them and they don't seem overly large. They may be slightly larger, proportionally, than a "real" lightsaber would be, but not much, if any, larger than most lightsabers used on SWTOR.

I disagree, my Jedi Sentinel uses 2 of them and they don't seem overly large. They may be slightly larger, proportionally, than a "real" lightsaber would be, but not much, if any, larger than most lightsabers used on SWTOR.

To each their own I guess :D

The Tythonian Force Master is also not oversized.

http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/TythonianForceMastersLightsaber.png

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/swtor-tempted-apprentices-lightsaber.jpg

Could we finally get some cartel sabers that aren't massive and oversized please? Is the CM team compensating for what they lack or what? Lightsabers in star wars aren't Pringles Tubes. Just compare them to the ones from the recent movie. http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/1b/Finn_Lightsaber_Stance.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20160109121029

Try being a Commando...

But if the hilt was smaller, you would never be able to see any of the decorative nature because it would be entirely covered by the character's hands (especially guardian with two handed grip). I actually care much more about the sound effects and blade effects than what the hilt looks like. You never see the hilt when you are playing. Edited by teclado

Dauntless avenger's Lightsabre is nice and slim -

as well as Venerable Vindicator's - kinda small- medium.

Unfortunately, the former is quite rare and pricey these days. - But if you have in in collections, then it might be worth unlocking it for all your jedi/ sith that have small hands.

The Derelict saber ING was based on a "RL" saber fabricated from scratch by a guy who worked on this game IIRC.

I could see that resulting in a slightly oversized model as a sort of shout out. Not saying that's why it is, just sayin' maybe.

More on topic: Yeah I agree big weapons for the sake of being big look dumb. I can play wizards and warriors **** for that, and prefer the more subtle designs aligned with SW norms, and how it was prior in this game.

Edited by Joesixxpack