Class balance is now permanent going forward

Fellow-Canadian

Unsub change nothing, already tons of players who focued on PvP mostly quit this game since 3.0 and in reply nothing, but making all worse. The game all about CM and mediocre story content. Deal with it. Edited by helpmewin

PvP is a train barreling down the tracks with the engineer long dead of a heart attack. They don't give a flip about PvP and don't care to address the myriad problems that have existed for a long time. The changes they've made along the way make every warzone worse than it used to be, and when it comes to hutball, it's just absurd.

They have no intention of taking the time and effort it would take to fix PvP from the unholy mess they've made it.

Edited by Kirtastropohe

Classes are balanced in PvP. Some are simply more forgiving than others, but I've seen every class carry at some point against decent players. With perfect gameplay, every class is competitive against every other class in arenas. It's a L2P issue for you arrogant people.

If you buff classes like mercs even more, the best players will be truly unstoppable.

L2P please, I'm sure the combat team knows more about "class balance" than every one of you. You're all just too stuck up to realize that you're simply not a good-enough gamer to excel with mercs at the solo ranked level. I've seen kick-bot's merc do very well queuing heals against T1 sorc healers, carthy's merc smh do well against everything.

We're not all talented gamers, and you should look at different classes as having different difficulty modes as well as styles.

The reason why sorcs and PTs are overrepresented in the leaderboards is simply because they are less forgiving to the average newb. For instance, although Marauder is an "easy" class in ranked, panick-breaking under focus fire before whitebar and having no dcds up before you get immediately restunned will result in a global.

Meeting another marauder who hard-stuns you immediately and unloads his proc'd burst will put you team at a HUGE disadvantage. Either you lose breaker or lose 60% of your hp and possible also a few of your dcds if you opt to regen.

Sorcs though... phasewalk behind los back in the boonies, heal to full. Run/walk back to 30m, heal teammates while setting up position. Ninja-dot everyone and burst-dot a target with no self-heals (PT, mara, etc), get charged/rooted then forcespeed away popping bubble. Pop phasewalk on CD again, knockback-root everyone, kite away/los for days. Rinse lather repeat.

Even if the sorc makes an extremely bad play under pressure, force barrier and enduring bastian can easily bail them out in time for an entire demolish to tick away as well as healing to full with 10+ seconds off their dcds.

Given all that, I still see all-mara teams beat all-sorc teams, showing that though it's easier to optimize sorc pvp gameplay, there's always a viable counter that every class has to offer. The hard part is identifying it and then executing it under enormous pressure.

Classes are balanced in PvP. Some are simply more forgiving than others, but I've seen every class carry at some point against decent players. With perfect gameplay, every class is competitive against every other class in arenas. It's a L2P issue for you arrogant people.

If you buff classes like mercs even more, the best players will be truly unstoppable.

L2P please, I'm sure the combat team knows more about "class balance" than every one of you. You're all just too stuck up to realize that you're simply not a good-enough gamer to excel with mercs at the solo ranked level. I've seen kick-bot's merc do very well queuing heals against T1 sorc healers, carthy's merc smh do well against everything.

We're not all talented gamers, and you should look at different classes as having different difficulty modes as well as styles.

There is truth to the fact some people complain and it's simply they are outclassed by better players yet believe that they themselves are good and the other players are simply on a class that is 100 times overpowered.

That being said you cannot use examples of people who are basically prodigies on the game that can make a weaker class still perform competitively and say that all the classes are equal and perform fine.

It's only fair to use the law of averages when you start comparing overall performance of anything to something else.

For instance, in the military you must run a certain speed at the end of boot camp to prove you can perform at a certain physical level. Some men end up being very fast where they can run 2 miles in 10 minutes...

Most men at the end of bootcamp can't come close to this, and typically run 2 miles in 13-15 minutes on average.

According to your logic, since it's possible for a man to run 2 miles in 10 minutes then that should be the standard and anyone not able to run it in 10 minutes need to L2P and are just bads.

Lol. I can't take anyone who says merc heals and sorc heals are equal seriously.

Appreciate how you're putting up thoughtful points Lhancelot :).

Your example is inapplicable due to differences in physiques. In swtor, we all have the same "body" as anyone of the same class. The game-changing plays that make great players great are literally a few buttons away. Anyone on merc has the buttons to play as well as Smh. Just that they haven't figured the game out enough to know what buttons to press and where to run.

Thanks

Edited by Fabzeros

Lol. I can't take anyone who says merc heals and sorc heals are equal seriously.

You obviously haven't seen good merc healers like Vps or Namsayin then. They lose when their team messes up and they don't see it quickly enough. I've even beating Vps in tank-healer solos when sins who run of dcds are are low run to him for heals. Leap, awe, burst sin down with teammates. All that means is that either he knew the game was up and simply quit, or that he didn't see the aoe mezz quickly enough to counter it due to human nature and fatigue.

"Stun stun, three on one" - SWTOR PvP

^ I can't take anyone who doesn't save breaker seriously.

Edited by Fabzeros

sorc heals and merc heals are pretty equal, if nobody bothers them. the difference comes when applying pressure. the sorc has much better defensives and escapes, while the merc gets beat down until dead.

sorc heals and merc heals are pretty equal, if nobody bothers them. the difference comes when applying pressure. the sorc has much better defensives and escapes, while the merc gets beat down until dead.

That is not equal. You also have to look at where those heals are going. The sorc has a much easier time healing his team under pressure while the merc has to focus more attention on himself. Even people from these forums who have brought merc healers into ranked did it, to paraphrase, "for hardmode". Can it be done? yes. Does that mean they are in any way equal? no. Everyone here knows sorc heals outperform merc heals in just about every catagory

Appreciate how you're putting up thoughtful points Lhancelot :).

Your example is inapplicable due to differences in physiques. In swtor, we all have the same "body" as anyone of the same class. The game-changing plays that make great players great are literally a few buttons away. Anyone on merc has the buttons to play as well as Smh. Just that they haven't figured the game out enough to know what buttons to press and where to run.

Thanks

Ok, but even if we have the same pixellated bodies in the game, the person controlling those avatars are definitely not the same.

Obviously the best gamers have brains that process faster game information and coordinate that with faster bodily reactions. In essnce the gamer prodigies are nothing like the average player.

A gaming pro could try to teach other people how they do it, and I guarantee even with explicit instructions the majority of players he tried schooling would never reach his ability level.

You can't compare a merc healer being played by a pro, read his numbers and say that the class is equal to a sorc healer because that pro is able to match sorc healer numbers.

:rolleyes:

That is not equal. You also have to look at where those heals are going. The sorc has a much easier time healing his team under pressure while the merc has to focus more attention on himself. Even people from these forums who have brought merc healers into ranked did it, to paraphrase, "for hardmode". Can it be done? yes. Does that mean they are in any way equal? no. Everyone here knows sorc heals outperform merc heals in just about every catagory

:rolleyes:

you're not really gonna let him get away with that, are you? merc heals aren't even close to sorc heals just because they're both allowed to free cast. if only one or two ppl are taking dmg they can heal about the same, but the if you have 4 ppl taking dmg, the sorc is going to pull away substantially. he can aoe better and doesn't have the same resource management concerns that a merc has with full up time.