Ideas for Classic Companions Returning to KotFE

Promethio

So in a livestream, I believe it was last month's, the devs said they needed a good way to "fit" returning companions back into the story. I would like to see what the community comes up with as far as quests to fit classic companions back into the story. Here are a few of my own...

Nadia & Vector: Nadia (having matured much in the last 5 years) has found a niche for herself leading the Rift Alliance and has remained largely independent of the Republic. Vector has returned to the diplomatic corp to support a buckling Sith Empire. Both forces, the Rift Alliance and the Sith Diplomatic Corp have set their sights on getting Rishi to join their faction.

The Outlander must decide who to support and in doing so whose support the Alliance needs. Vector and his Kiliks and imperial soldiers or Nadia with Rift alliance forces. Either way, you have to win their support like you do Qyzen or Lokin. You do this by raising their to 10000 influence by showing your ability as a leader. This is done by "Acquiring the Trust of Heroes" or raiding any companion to lvl 20 influence which nets you 500 points and/or "Proving you can lead the people" which is done raising your Reputation lvl of any Faction (Like THORN or The Voss) to Champion level or greater which grants you 2500 influence to your chosen diplomat. With your support, Vector or Nadia recieves the support for their cause while making a enemy of the other. Expect a ambush from the scorned party.

Kira & Jaesa: Both women have found themselves unhappy with their orders. Kira has become a so called Gray Jedi Viglante after she left the Order disgusted at surrendering to the Zakuul Empire. Jaesa found that without the influence of the Emperor's Wrath shielding her she was a target. Seeing no alternative Jaesa strikes a deal with the Zakuul Knights, she will share information about both the Jedi Order and Sith Intelligence in return for protection and, should she be darkside, feeding her hedonistic ways. Kira, hoping to save lives that would be put at risk should the Zakuul Knights get that information, approaches the Outlander to join her on a mission: Kill Jaesa. At the end of the arc, the Outlander would have to decide whom will come back from that mission alive.

These are just a couple of ideas. Looking forward to reading others :)

Edited by Promethio

Vector has returned to the diplomatic corp to support a buckling Sith Empire. Both forces, the Rift Alliance and the Sith Diplomatic Corp have set their sights on getting Rishi to join their faction.

Vector was actually transferred to Intelligence during the Agent's story ("Covert Assault Operative") and even though the Empire has/had a treaty with the Killiks (Pre-KotFE, we don't know what the state of that alliance is 5 years later), that doesn't mean that they're going to be very gung-ho about having a Joiner back in their Imperial ranks-especially a known associate to a rather notorious, and possibly rogue, Intelligence Agent. Honestly, I think Vector walked away from the Empire all together seeing as, at the end of the Agent's story, he declared his loyalty to THEM (the Agent), not the Empire. Doubly so if Vector was romanced by the Agent.

(This is assuming that Vector hasn't been "cured" of his Joining in the past 5 years).

I think Vector went back to the Killiks. Possibly even became the Night Herald. His romanced KotFE letter was very distressed about how he didn't know what he'd become without the Agent and he didn't WANT to know-indicating fear of the unknown within himself. Regardless of whether or not he was romanced, he's someone whose entire world was turned upside down and due to enhanced Killik sensations coupled with his growing independence, it would be a rough transition for him. He's bound to be far less idealistic and probably a lot more hard.

Okay, that's how *I'D* write his story were I the one in charge :p

I think, in regards to Vector at least, it'll be a standard recruitment chapter where our Alliance is going to need a gigantic army and Vector, being either the Night Herald or, even more probable, THE Dawn Herald of Dawn Heralds (the job he rejected at the end of his companion story because he felt his place was at the Agent's side) we're going to deal with negotiating with him for use of the Killiks.

I DO like your overall idea though :) I like the idea of picking one companion over another based off of our actions. However, all the people you mentioned are vanilla romanceables , and the stuff you're mentioning sounds more like Alliance Alerts. And, by golly, if friggin' KALIYO gets a stupid chapter dedicated to her but Vector gets an Alliance Alert, I will never play another KotFE chapter and just stick to the 1-50 stuff :(

Edited by AngFour

My ideas :

Jaesa: she returned to Alderaan with her parents,married an Organa noble and when you see her again she thanks you for the few good years you had together but refuses to join your alliance and returns to her family.

Khem Val: while searching for you, he was defeated by Skytroopers and killed. Another Dashade comes to avenge his death and joins your alliance to honor the memory of his fallen friend.

Zenith: he is the leader of the Balmorran resistence and has eyes and ears everywhere, including on Zakuul .when you meet again, he is furious and accuses you of betraying him and Balmorra by having Sith and Imperial allies, but after a talk with Theron he calms down and agrees to help you.

Ashara Zavros: she is now a Sith Lord , in the most inner circle of Empress Acina. because of her strong connection with the Force, she always knew you weren't dead and realized that the only way she can find you is by gaining the trust of very powerful people ( aka the Empress). She arrives on Zakuul just in time to save you from a horde of .. ( skytroopers,swamp creatures and other beings..) along with her apprentices. Ashara doesn't like or trust Lana and the two of them have a verbal confrontation.

My ideas :

Jaesa: she returned to Alderaan with her parents,married an Organa noble and when you see her again she thanks you for the few good years you had together but refuses to join your alliance and returns to her family.

And if you killed her parents?

My ideas :

Khem Val: while searching for you, he was defeated by Skytroopers and killed. Another Dashade comes to avenge his death and joins your alliance to honor the memory of his fallen friend.

Zenith: he is the leader of the Balmorran resistence and has eyes and ears everywhere, including on Zakuul .when you meet again, he is furious and accuses you of betraying him and Balmorra by having Sith and Imperial allies, but after a talk with Theron he calms down and agrees to help you.

Ashara Zavros: she is now a Sith Lord , in the most inner circle of Empress Acina. because of her strong connection with the Force, she always knew you weren't dead and realized that the only way she can find you is by gaining the trust of very powerful people ( aka the Empress). She arrives on Zakuul just in time to save you from a horde of .. ( skytroopers,swamp creatures and other beings..) along with her apprentices. Ashara doesn't like or trust Lana and the two of them have a verbal confrontation.

Ashara as a Sith Lord would totaly make me smile. :D

Risha - Risha returned to her home world during the 5 missing years and took over as ruler. The Outlander meets her (again, if smuggler) when he goes to her homeworld to recruit them into the Alliance.

And if you killed her parents?

Then just the rest of her family. :)

Edited by JediQuaker

• 2 weeks later...
The main issue with Jaesa is that her character is based on your choices of the SW, which means that when they add her, unless it's the SW story line, whatever they make her is official swtor canon, which will upset half the playerbase because of the choice they made to either stick Jaesa as ls or ds.

Mako has joined "the circle" a group of tech slicers who are based out of a secret wing on belsavis. The alliance encounters them when their base systems get hacked and all secret data downloaded . A file is found requesting a meeting. The circle are being hunted by arcann and are trying to get some re-engineered rakata equipment installed on Zakuul that may eventually give them the ability to disrupt arcanns control of the eternal fleets. Part of the mission would involve accessing and exploring one of the ships of the fleet.

Jaesa Wilsaam was captured by Zakuul and is now known as "The inquisitor" She is being controlled by drugs / sith sorcerery and her powers used to root out Arcanns enemies. The outlander leads a mission to recover her and she is found with a "neutral" personality based on her treatments. Back at Odessan Dr Ogerrobb devises a treatment that will recover her memories. Players choose either a DS or LS option called "restore memories to get the Jaesa they desire.

Guss or Gault

They have been impersonating the outlander to cheat various parties out of resources. The outlander must locate and stop him before the Alliance reputation is ruined. Another option would be that both have teamed up together and the outlander could recruit both at once when the mission ends.

Akaavi Spar

Alliance Alert. Akaavi has taken a high level contract to elimate a number of targets but has been unable to locate all of them. Killing and returning each of these targets will earn you some reputation with her

Arcann arranges to hire the services of "The Vanash" An heavily augmented cyborg assassin of renown to locate and recover the outlander and destroy the alliance. It is revealed that the vanash was brought back from the brink of death when she was found in the ruins of a flattened spaceport...or sometime later,depending on player choice and it would seem this Vanash may have a score to settle.....

Edited by Force__Knight

If Ashara returns it should definitely be as a full blown dark sider. Her character arc as it is doesn't really make sense, and it was always a bit disappointing that the Inquisitor is essentially a Palpatine expy who can't corrupt his/her apprentice. It was yet another area where the Sith Warrior is ironically more of a cunning manipulator.

They should have Ashara fall to the dark side in her rage and grief over the Zakuul invasion and the disappearance of the Inquisitor. The Inquisitor should have the option of either supporting the dark side turn, or working to redeem her.

Kira & Nadia I'd combine in a single Jedi-focused chapter, where the two are working together.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

My wrath is Light side , so I would like to think that Jaessa is on Korriban continuing our undercover work right under that new Emprore nose :D recruiting and teaching in the Sith academy thats where my jaessa is .

Kira would probably be on Nar shaddaa , protecting and making defense for the peoples that nobody care about .

I actually could see Mako with Kira on Nar Shaddaa .

I'm hoping (and it would be nice) if Vette is found with Risha . Risha finally make the move and Take over that what's its name planet , with Vette helping her .

Akaavi return to her Mando clan and meet with Torian? (although from the Wookie , it is said the Mando are resisting but nobody can prove they are actually doing squat..so much for that Macho attitude :p)

Zenith and Iresso would make a good team defending Balmorra . I doubt Iresso would wanna go back to Hoth and freeze his Impant .

Pairing them sound nice , but maybe we wont get them all now . And the rest will come after chapter 16 ? season2 ?

With regard to theran Cedrax story:

The alliance has been unable to repair the gravestones omni cannon. The schematics for the weapon are missing from the gravestones computers. Scorpio reveals that a part of the gravestones computer system was removed prior to the ship being scuttled. Her knowledge of the ship as well as experience with imperial intelligence she identifies that this computer remnant became an artificial intelligence called "holiday" currently in the company of theran Cedrax. The outlander is sent to make contact both for the information in holidays database plus the exotech skills of theran to aid in repairs. However on making contact the outlander finds that holiday has been taken by a hutt for compensation off a project that went wrong. The outlander and theran must undertake a dangerous mission into a hutt stronghold to retrieve her

Jaesa Wilsaam was captured by Zakuul and is now known as "The inquisitor" She is being controlled by drugs / sith sorcerery and her powers used to root out Arcanns enemies. The outlander leads a mission to recover her and she is found with a "neutral" personality based on her treatments. Back at Odessan Dr Ogerrobb devises a treatment that will recover her memories. Players choose either a DS or LS option called "restore memories to get the Jaesa they desire.

I have to admit that's a pretty smart way to bring her back. Players retaing the ability to have which ever Jaesa they want, with a plausible explanation for why her personality is a little more grey. I could even see Warriors getting the opportunity to flip her again from light to dark to light again.

A similar formula could also be applied to Khem Val, a plausible explanation for why he's neither Zash nor " normal Khem" and the player can choose at the end of the alert mission.

Why is every topic about companions turning into a "worshipers of Jaesa" meeting? OK, i got it, you love and adore her, but i've had enough ! Make your own private forum, fansite, DeviantArt group or whatever.

It's primarily because she's such a difficult companion to bring back and that makes us worried about her. Let's take her counterpart, Kira for a minute. Let's put a chapter around her, she's working underground to save force users from Zakuul hunters or something like that, idk. Your toon shows up, "hey long time no see, let's hook back up." case closed. For Jaesa, it's WAY more complicated because some had her light side others had her dark, and seeing as how there are no plans to bring back Khem Val for similar reason, we have good reason to be concerned about the future of Jaesa. She's a difficult companion to bring back compared to the others, which is why a lot of us are concerned the devs just won't bring her back altogether.

JAESA! JAESA! JAESA!

Hopefully Bioware takes notice of the fact that she's so popular.

The idea that she's drugged into neutrality and Oggurobb recovers her memories is actually not that bad of an idea, but somehow I think it's just more likely that she will be darkside by default and only LS Sith Warriors get LS Jaesa. Plus, she is mechanically a different companion depending on her alignment. For example, she has two separate entries in the Galactic Starfighter tabs. That should make her return a little less improbable than Khem's and Zash's, I would think.

I'd like to think Jaesa kept her position purifying the empire for a while, but after the destruction of the Dark Council she probably would have been forced into hiding. I'm basically drawing a blank on what she would have been doing since that would have made her hard to find, though.

As for the others, I do think Kira and Nadia could potentially work well together in a Jedi centric chapter. Maybe even with LS Jaesa, actually.

I also thought it would be cool to see Vette and Risha finally reunite, but I imagine that's not happening.

Edited by OldVengeance

Some ideas:

Mako could be working for The Shroud. Getting her to join you could also bring along an "alliance" with The Shroud, who would be an even more dangerous and unpredictable ally than Scorpio.

I think it might help the writers if some companions came back in pairs, instead of having to always be one by one. For instance, I really think it would have made sense for Elara and Aric to come back together.

But since they didn't, it would be cool if Elara and Iresso had gotten on Saresh's hit list for helping out the Senators who negotiated the treaty with Zakuul. So the outlander helping them out could tie in with a story line about either bringing down Saresh or getting her to join in with an alliance against Arcann.

I think it would be fantastic if Vette and Risha were reunited. They could be running around trying to revive the past glory of Nok Drayen's underworld empire. The storyline with them could involve convincing Risha to work towards getting Dubrillon to join the Alliance.

We've already seen hints of Gault (from Hylo Visz, apparently she has a score to settle with him) and Guss Tuno (when he pops up as the "Jedi" in Blizz's return story.) Having them "working together" while simultaneously trying to scam each other would be hilarious. It would be even better if the whole reason you are recruiting them was because of false information they had put out into the universe as part of some other scam.

Andronikos could simply be a pirate who figured out how to hijack Zakuulan military ships.

I have no idea what to do with Jaessa but Kira seems pretty obvious as a former child of the emperor. I think it would make perfect sense for her to be working with Lord Scourge on Yavin or Zakuul trying to unravel the secrets of the emperor's power. Valkorian's comments about "if you had 20 lifetimes, could you unravel everything I've done?" could be a good lead in to what they are up to.

Torian and Akaavi could have linked up and decided to try to take down Arcann.

I don't know, it seems like a lot of the companions become more interesting if they come back in pairs or small groups.

One interesting way to bring Kira into the game again would be to use the fact that she is a child of the emporer. Who you happen to have in your mind.. So possibly the outlander somehow gains the emporers ability to link with a child and they form a telepathic connection of sorts.

In fact if bioware wanted to save some VA for the chapter they could make it so that the link involves the outlander being stuck in the mind of Kira and playing most if not all the chapter as Kira (due to the link) . Maybe with Felix as companion (they stuck together after the invasion)

Edited by Force__Knight

Kira does seem like she'd be most naturally linked to the Valkorian story. Her romance letter suggests she was able to subconsciously pick up on the fact that he's in the Outlander's mind, even though she doesn't realize it. Edited by OldVengeance

It would be great if Guss and Gault partnered up and becomes the companion quest line in KotFE to turn the tide on the Eternal Empire.

Those two working together on a con with the outlander would be just awesome.

If it were me I would set it on Manaan. The outlander with Guss/Gault get embroiled in a scheme to swindle a Selkath businessman out of some valuable salvage on the sea floor. They could call the chapter.....

Wait for it.......

Oceans three :p