Jedi Knight vs Sith Warrior (fight)

Truskyd

From what perspective are we thinking.

If we are to pit the classes in the game against eachother and we have identical gear, and equal pvp player skill......I'd say to be honest 60-40 in favor of the sith.

I have noticed that even though classes are mirrored, sith abilities deal ALOT more damage then jedi abilities

I really get the impression that the continuing story now is written largely with the Knight in mind. It kind of gives a "main character" impression to the character. With that in mind, while I generally consider the knight and warrior evenly matched, I think that typical Lucasarts conventions and plot armor would give the Knight the slight edge he needed to defeat the warrior.

Honestly I think at best they're evenly matched, but the ongoing narrative arguably (and it's debatable and very subjective) favors the knight.

I really get the impression that the continuing story now is written largely with the Knight in mind. It kind of gives a "main character" impression to the character. With that in mind, while I generally consider the knight and warrior evenly matched, I think that typical Lucasarts conventions and plot armor would give the Knight the slight edge he needed to defeat the warrior.

Honestly I think at best they're evenly matched, but the ongoing narrative arguably (and it's debatable and very subjective) favors the knight.

I think all the classes are even in the story, no matter their abilities, no matter they're skills or intelligence. In bioware's story, whether it makes sense or not, all classes are supposed to be equal.

The Knight is the face of SWTOR, the generic hero that fits for the trailers. Same thing for KOTFE, which make the most sense with him due to his history with the Emperor and because a Jedi fighting alongside a rebel alliance to defeat an evil Emperor and his recently formed (here discovered) Empire is very Luke Skywalker-y and therefore canon.

Edited by Lazproperty

The Knight is the face of SWTOR, the generic hero that fits for the trailers. Same thing for KOTFE, which make the most sense with him due to his history with the Emperor and because a Jedi fighting alongside a rebel alliance to defeat an evil Emperor and his recently formed (here discovered) Empire is very Luke Skywalker-y and therefore canon.

Yeah, it really does fit the typical Lucasarts narrative the best.

I think all the classes are even in the story, no matter their abilities, no matter they're skills or intelligence. In bioware's story, whether it makes sense or not, all classes are supposed to be equal.

I'm not saying Bioware has an official "canon". In typical Bioware fashion each of the 8 heroes can probably match any one of the other heroes. I'm just saying that the most classic Star Wars character experience probably matches the Knight best. That said, I have also found that for instance the Consular and the Warrior would probably also be top contenders, out of the stories I've played to completion, for the Knights spot as the "face of swtor".

If we look at it from the traditional Lucasarts perspective, the hero is assumed to be a light side male human unless otherwise confirmed to be something different. Again, light side male human Knight fits this narrative to a T due to its history with the Emperor and such. Bioware won't likely ever declare a canon Swtor protagonist, though. I also really like the idea of my warrior being the "hero". He's certainly quite heroic in his own little dark side way.

Edited by eldefail

I feel that for damn sure a force user(pick your poison) is the hero of the story. And IMHO BW missed a golden opportunity to have completely different facets. They are falling into the trap Cryptic is falling into with Star Trek.

All roads lead to one and everyone else seems a retread of what feels like the main hero, even when it makes zero sense.

If SWTOR was a film and these two were arch-enemies, they'd probably be evenly matched and fight more than once. You'd have the Warrior likely win the first fight, but not easily, with the Knight just barely escaping with his or her life. The Knight would then win the rematch in an equally tough fight, likely with the Sith Warrior being killed at the end of it. Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Well I will give my opinion from I saw playing both classes well the Jedi Knight is a better lightsaber duelist but the sith warrior uses the force more often and in more diverse ways so he will make up trough that in the lightsaber duel. But do not get me wrong he is still a very good lightsaber duelist just not at the level of the knight but again he will make up for with his superior force use.

I assume that this battle will take days until the one who is more exhausted now depends if it will be mentally or physically. It will be like Tol Braga and that dark council member. Now if the warrior is dark side well he is screwed if he is light side the knight is screwed. Now why because if dark side he might be exhausted after days of the knight trying to make him go light side. But if he is light side well the knight is done as the warrior has better endurance bot are monsters in endurance but the warrior is a bigger one as he is a one man army as he took armies by himself survived a cave falling on and the bombs that made the cave fall on him he is endurance incarnated.

Not really. Revan, Malak and Tol Braga also all broke free on their own. Im not sure even The Knight and Kira can say that.

Kira broke on its own even if you are evil she still broke it and a direct control not that brainwashing thing the knight, Revan, Malak and Tol Braga went trough.

Kira broke on its own even if you are evil she still broke it and a direct control not that brainwashing thing the knight, Revan, Malak and Tol Braga went trough.

Kira broke it with the Knight's help, after you kick her ***, of course.

And both Kira and the Knight reference the end of act 2 as the Emperor making the jedi knight one of his voices.