Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think they post all these threads?

They want to be "right" more than they want to just effing enjoy the game. :rolleyes:

That and disappointed. I get that. I've left so many MMOs over not liking the direction they went or changes that they made. Difference here is I didn't sit around predicting the demise of the game or trying to incite riots over various aspects. The games I cared about, I kept an eye on to see if things changed. The ones I didn't are now dim memories.

Voting with your wallet probably makes more of an impact that pitching tantrums of forums.

If the chicken-littles are wrong, they get to be wrong here with all of us, assuming they show their faces.

If they're right, then they get to be right all alone by themselves, and they'll never get the "I told you so" moment that they so clearly keep aching for.

i know you see forums debates as some sort of sport with winners and losers trying to be "right" but I dont think there is a single person who you would call a "chicken little" that wants this game to die.

if the game survives, we all win.

if the game dies, we all lose.

If the game dies, no one really loses. It'll die sometime.

My doctor says I have at least 15-20 good years left in me (too many chimichangas; not enough eggplant, apparently). I fully expect to outlive SWTOR. One could argue that the sooner SWTOR dies, the sooner I find a new source of entertainment ... which is always nice. SWTOR lost that "new game smell" a long time ago.

Oddly enough, I care more about the longevity of the MMO I don't pay to play (LOTRO) than I do the one for which I do pay (SWTOR). Perhaps having "Lifetime Accounts" in LOTRO makes me wish the game lasts my lifetime.

What is a "chicken-little" ? Do you mean the children of hens ?

No, that would be a little chicken.

"Chicken Little" is a character in a children's story who runs around the entire barnyard telling all the other animals that "The sky is falling!" after an acorn falls off a tree and hits her in the head.

Edited by Thoronmir

i know you see forums debates as some sort of sport with winners and losers trying to be "right" but I dont think there is a single person who you would call a "chicken little" that wants this game to die.

if the game survives, we all win.

if the game dies, we all lose.

I defiantly do not want this game to die. That is why I have been sounding the alarm that there is a horrific storm coming. And I am trying to get this development team to acknowledge it publicly and tell us all what their game plan is. Because at our present course this game wont make the end of this year.

I defiantly do not want this game to die. That is why I have been sounding the alarm that there is a horrific storm coming. And I am trying to get this development team to acknowledge it publicly and tell us all what their game plan is. Because at our present course this game wont make the end of this year.

It's "definitely" - it's weird how you keep making this same spelling mistake....oh, wait, that was someone else. Never mind.

I really don't think you're helping anything by keeping this thread up.

I really don't think you're helping anything by keeping this thread up.

Why? If it is true why should we hide it? Running from this issue will only make it worse. I don't live in denial. I would rather live in truth even when it hurts a little.

No, you mentioned BC and this spike thing. And I schooled you in the fact that BC is an empty shell from what it was a year or two ago. You know it, and I know it. So lets not make this more than it is. BC had its time, and its time has come and gone population wise.

I never mentioned BC? Does embarrassing yourself come naturally or do you have to work at it?

I love taking screenshots of predictions of game mortalities especially when they are so patently ridiculous.

Roll on, 31 December 2016, I'll be here along with plenty of other folk.

OR he's like "wow these ... people are taking me so seriously they are even taking screenshots to save up! I'm the best troll ever!"

I really hope no one is taking MaximumBad seriously.

OR he's like "wow these ... people are taking me so seriously they are even taking screenshots to save up! I'm the best troll ever!"

I really hope no one is taking MaximumBad seriously.

His ego is already so overfed he'd make Jabba the Hutt look anorexic.

I do this because I get tired of people saying: "Oh, I never said that, you must be mistaken." Weasels.

I never mentioned BC? Does embarrassing yourself come naturally or do you have to work at it?

He mistook you for me.

And he got schooled, he did not school anyone.

And.. MCB..... You may now return to school for more lessons. ;) BC was actually at STANDARD for a couple hours last night. Lots of activity all over the server as well... except maybe PvP queues (your personal rose colored glasses).

He mistook you for me.

And.. MCB..... You may now return to school for more lessons. ;) BC was actually at STANDARD for a couple hours last night. Lots of activity all over the server as well... except maybe PvP queues (your personal rose colored glasses).

I tried PVP last night ... they speak some weird language ... all this "L2P" "KYR" followed by various expletives then something to do with an issue with my PVE gear ( which is pretty snazzy I must say ) followed by more expletives and then things about mid this, that or another thing ... sheesh I just wanted to kill people, I won't be trying that again in a hurry. ;)

He mistook you for me.

Wow, it was as standard for a couple of hours. It is really hard to get excited about this since we don't even know how many people need to be on for BioWare to upgrade its status to standard, and the fact that it was only for a couple of hours makes it even less exciting.

Edited by Exly

Wow, it was as standard for a couple of hours. It is really hard to get excited about this since we don't even know how many people need to me on for BioWare to upgrade its status to standard, and the fact that it was only for a couple of hours makes it even less exciting.

They get excited if the que pops in under 20 minutes. So........

I tried PVP last night ... they speak some weird language ... all this "L2P" "KYR" followed by various expletives then something to do with an issue with my PVE gear ( which is pretty snazzy I must say ) followed by more expletives and then things about mid this, that or another thing ... sheesh I just wanted to kill people, I won't be trying that again in a hurry. ;)

Maybe MMOs are really not your thing. Did you ever give that a thought?

Ah, you encountered "t3h 1337" folk.

Incomprehensible in the main, think "manners" is the plural for "man" and like to rummage about in your personal belongings.

Oh, and kick your butt whilst making rude comments.

*DISCLAIMER*

Yes, yes, I know not all PvPers are like this. Probably not even the majority but there surely are enough of them to warrant the stereotype.

Ah, you encountered "t3h 1337" folk.

Incomprehensible in the main, think "manners" is the plural for "man" and like to rummage about in your personal belongings.

Oh, and kick your butt whilst making rude comments.

*DISCLAIMER*

Yes, yes, I know not all PvPers are like this. Probably not even the majority but there surely are enough of them to warrant the stereotype.

Whenever I go into a PvP warzone I just ignore chat comments mostly, sometimes they are helpful with the usual incoming etc but comments about peoples performance just go over my head.

Whenever I go into a PvP warzone I just ignore chat comments mostly, sometimes they are helpful with the usual incoming etc but comments about peoples performance just go over my head.

I gave up due a combination of player idiocy and my own lack of anything remotely resembling skill.

I did enjoy it in realm v. realm games and, oddly, in Warhammer but aside from those, not me. I'll just be a "carebear" and frolic about in my PvE world. :)

And I am trying to get this development team to acknowledge it publicly and tell us all what their game plan is. Because at our present course this game wont make the end of this year.

They did...

We spend all of our energy striving to make SWTOR the best game possible and when bugs and other issues get in the way of your player experience, we take it to heart. We are committed to doing better and I think Chapter XII: Visions in the Dark shows we are serious about listening to your concerns and making meaningful changes to address them - a high quality chapter, released on time that we hope has met the expectations of our players.

I, for one, did rather enjoy Chapter XII. Chapter XIII was even better - probably the best chapter since IX so far. I think the current content is progressing rather well, for what it is. Whether or not you personally enjoy KotFE is another matter, but it is active development with a release plan to support story upgrades until August (with the KotFE season 1 finale) and beyond (season 2).

Onto the future. Is SWTOR going to receive ongoing support? The answer is absolutely yes.

[snip]

The harder part to address, because you have to take my word for it, are all the features and content we are working on that we haven’t yet announced. If you follow Charles Boyd or Paul Marino on social media you may have seen some hints of this. The team recently visited our MoCap studio to create new animations. Charles Boyd spent a week at our VO studio recording more lines of dialogue for future story content. The two most exciting things to share are that our writers are deep into the plot summaries for the next season's worth of chapters and we have started the early design phase for new, non-chapter, content. You all know the drill here, I can’t talk about any of the specifics (yet) but what I can say is that we have some REALLY cool stuff to talk about later this year and the whole SWTOR team can’t wait to announce it. Soon. TM.

Emphasis mine. This game is still being quite actively developed, and not just the story that so many of you seem to dislike. The resources have already been dedicated to getting the ball rolling on this content, and as you'll see in the next bit, they have no reason to not get out of the "early design phase" and move forward with their plans.

Knights of the Fallen Empire is the most successful expansion we have ever produced. It received critical acclaim from press and fan sites but most importantly, it has been successful because all of you have supported us through the expansion launch and the release of the monthly Chapters. In the eyes of all of our partners, SWTOR is a huge success. BioWare supports this game. EA supports this game. Lucasfilm supports this game. Disney supports this game. In fact, for a game that has been live for almost 5 years, we are receiving an incredible amount of support from all of our partners. It’s both amazing and humbling.

If there is anything I would like people reading this to take away it’s this: SWTOR is absolutely being supported into the future. We have a lot of content coming over the next few months and even more exciting things to talk about later this year. All of us here at BioWare appreciate your ongoing support and we are committed to providing the best experience possible.

It’s because of you, our players, that this game continues to thrive. Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Ben Irving

Again, emphasis mine. Production on this game is not slowing down. It's not going in a direction you like, perhaps, but it is going forward. I, for one, am quite pleased with the situation.

Feel free to call Mr. Irving a liar. You wouldn't be the first, nor the last, to do so. But that post gave me hope for the game's future, which is why I still continue to support it with my ongoing subscription and monthly hypercrate purchases, and look forward to the exciting things to come in KotFE and beyond :)