Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

Pulling my hair out? Screaming, yelling and moaning over small things? Again, stop talking to the mirror and talk to e for once.

There are some people who, because they are raging about something, cannot fathom that other people are not responding in like rage when they disagree.

Or, there's this -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection.

MCB-MO-BRO may be engaged in one or both of those.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Point out to me the part of this OP where he needs to be flocked and beating by you people like you have been since the start of this thread?

I wasn't "flocking" or "beating" the "OP", I was merely pointing out that you have just proven yourself to use lies in defence of your "cause". I liked the use of big red text to try to steer the conversation away from the proof of your lying, and going for the "lawks, poor me, I'm just a poor defenceless little old lady, why is everyone picking on me?" was a nice move too.

Hands up anyone who fell for it.

Edited by CrazyCT

I wonder how thin your skin has to be where disagreement = internet 'flocking and beating'

I think he meant flogging and beating.

Flocking is something that for example birds to do when they fly together in a flock. Flogging is akin to whipping or flagellation. The guy really needs help.

I think he meant flogging and beating.

Flocking is something that for example birds to do when they fly together in a flock. Flogging is akin to whipping or flagellation. The guy really needs help.

I was interpreting it as him comparing us to birds when I typed it out, travelling in a flock of mean spirited nasties to pick on and harass the poor defenceless, Madcuzbad.

I was interpreting it as him comparing us to birds when I typed it out, travelling in a flock of mean spirited nasties to pick on and harass the poor defenceless, Madcuzbad.

I suppose it's a way of looking at it but swarming would've been closer to what he meant...if indeed that's what he meant, because I'm not convinced, he uses his language in a rather flexible way. And clearly he's not going to admit he made a mistake either way.

All in all I think you've been generous with your interpretation.

I suppose it's a way of looking at it but swarming would've been closer to what he meant...if indeed that's what he meant, because I'm not convinced, he uses his language in a rather flexible way. And clearly he's not going to admit he made a mistake either way.

All in all I think you've been generous with your interpretation.

I am very generous when it comes to attempts to accuse me of forming a smear campaign :D

The downturn is more worrisome this time, because what is the next greatest/latest expansion we are getting? We know what we are getting now, and I don't think its holding players as they hoped.

Yup and that's where my support of the current numbers ends. I maintain it's healthier now than the same time last year but likewise the future to me looks bleak currently and that opinion got a lot worse from that letter of Ben's.

I don't think this episodic model is going to carry the game ... I don't even think another 9 chapter launch in say October-December will be enough to get the numbers back up where they were that time last year.

It needs more decent MP repeatable content - operations or something equally enjoyable to repeat and keep people playing/paying that I've not thought of ... things like EC, grinding Star Fortress, adding more heroics etc. just won't cut it imo.

The OP says the game not a specific server. And I think the OP was very clear why he makes that claim. He knows that harbs is not dead. He never said it was dead yet. read what he says and I think he makes it perfectly clear and I think makes a lot of sense.

You are the OP, stop trolling.

Ok. Point out to me the part of this OP where he needs to be flocked and beating by you people like you have been since the start of this thread?

The part where you keep pretending you and he are different people.

Abuse By Proxy: From Smear Campaigns to 3rd-party Stalking and Abuse

Strange, nothing the guy in the video lines up with me. Unless I have a power over forum users that I've never realised. Guys? Have I been commanding you all this time? Have I been stalking the OP? Have I been threatening him with violence? Abusing him?

And again, where is my smear campaign? Just saying so isn't showing me, or do you once again expect us to accept 'Because I said so!'? Please, provide me quotes and evidence so Bioware can come over and discipline me for being way out of line on their forums.

What is actually happening here is that people disagreed with the OP, the OP responded like the mere thought of disagreement and poking holes in his argument was a personal attack (On the internet, this is having increasingly thin skin, a problem you also have as well), insulting and belittling anyone who disagreed. Some responded in kind, some sighed and some just watched with enjoyment. There is no smear campaign. There is not huge conspiracy against the OP formed by me, max or any else who disagrees.

So, in short: Disagree or agree, I do not care. But if you cannot take disagreement, stay away from a forum of public discussion. Or get over yourself and attempt to act civil. Whether you continue to humiliate yourself is your own choice.

The OP says the game not a specific server. And I think the OP was very clear why he makes that claim. He knows that harbs is not dead. He never said it was dead yet. read what he says and I think he makes it perfectly clear and I think makes a lot of sense.

When is the last time the OP posted in the thread? 90%+ of the discussion has been because of irrelevant fleet numbers and how much of an indicator that is on total game population. Your statements are irrelevant to the discussion of the last week. The OP clearly only cares about PvP and he's about 3 years too late to join that mass exodus.

Strange, nothing the guy in the video lines up with me. Unless I have a power over forum users that I've never realised. Guys? Have I been commanding you all this time? Have I been stalking the OP? Have I been threatening him with violence? Abusing him?

And again, where is my smear campaign? Just saying so isn't showing me, or do you once again expect us to accept 'Because I said so!'? Please, provide me quotes and evidence so Bioware can come over and discipline me for being way out of line on their forums.

What is actually happening here is that people disagreed with the OP, the OP responded like the mere thought of disagreement and poking holes in his argument was a personal attack (On the internet, this is having increasingly thin skin, a problem you also have as well), insulting and belittling anyone who disagreed. Some responded in kind, some sighed and some just watched with enjoyment. There is no smear campaign. There is not huge conspiracy against the OP formed by me, max or any else who disagrees.

So, in short: Disagree or agree, I do not care. But if you cannot take disagreement, stay away from a forum of public discussion. Or get over yourself and attempt to act civil. Whether you continue to humiliate yourself is your own choice.

He's tryin' for the combo of Drama llama and strawman. Chuck emotional and dramatic stuff out there in the hopes that will convince readers, especially those who haven't been following the "Harbinger Saga".

When is the last time the OP posted in the thread? 90%+ of the discussion has been because of irrelevant fleet numbers and how much of an indicator that is on total game population. Your statements are irrelevant to the discussion of the last week. The OP clearly only cares about PvP and he's about 3 years too late to join that mass exodus.

The OP (MCB) flounced out of the forums, after threatening to unsub and failing to carry through, a couple weeks back. And either MO is unable to detect sarcasm directed at him, or admitted he was MCB a while back - I still am unsure which it was.

He's tryin' for the combo of Drama llama and strawman. Chuck emotional and dramatic stuff out there in the hopes that will convince readers, especially those who haven't been following the "Harbinger Saga".

"Harbinger Saga..."

Now I'm tempted to come up with a 12-volume ultra-door-stopper fantasy series under that title.

Its not just fleet numbers. It is any numbers. The problem with some people is that they jump into a thread without reading. And if you would have read it was covered extensively that fleet numbers are only a tiny part of the conclusion. The who tab and personal visits to certain planets fills in the rest. And the evidence is irrefutable because those are actually live numbers. They are demonstrable and real time.

Ah, yes. The dreaded "Drama Straw-ma" ... truly the weakest of sophistries.

And the evidence is irrefutable because those are actually live numbers. They are demonstrable and real time.

The evidence of 'I said so!' while not considering any context at all. Clearly irrefutable.

Still waiting on that Smear Campaign.