Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

So I take it the OP was right and some people got butthurt? Because it seems to me if any OP was incorrect on any subject (fill in the black) it would not have over 1000 replies. Usually that many responses happens when an OP is correct about whatever issue he/she is discussing and people don't want him to be so they wreck him every chance they get.

True/False?

And I am reading thru this and am trying to figure out why did he stop posting? Did he quit the game? I don't see an explanation anywhere.

Hrm.. odd...

Anyhows, as to your comment, I don't know nor care if the OP was right or wrong. Majority of what I saw here was back and forth meatbag bickering and though I'd like to have given the OP the benefit of the doubt, his behavior didn't exactly encourage a positive opinion. Only he knows why he left, I told him to take care and meant it but this thread specifically has in my eyes just reached a point where this crap needs to stop and fade away into nothingness so.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They really jacked the game up with this last update. I know that PvP is botched all to hell, but now I understand that PvE FP's have become buggy as well as a result. No word from anyone at Bio/EA except to say, "We're looking into it!". That was nearly two weeks ago.

SW:TOR has devolved into a solo player digital dollhouse dress up game. That's their main focus now and for the foreseeable future. Huge near game breaking bugs with a patch? "Eh, we'll get around to it. Sometime..."

Again, it's now just solo player content and lots of fluff from the CM.

They really jacked the game up with this last update. I know that PvP is botched all to hell, but now I understand that PvE FP's have become buggy as well as a result. No word from anyone at Bio/EA except to say, "We're looking into it!". That was nearly two weeks ago.

SW:TOR has devolved into a solo player digital dollhouse dress up game. That's their main focus now and for the foreseeable future. Huge near game breaking bugs with a patch? "Eh, we'll get around to it. Sometime..."

Again, it's now just solo player content and lots of fluff from the CM.

Which FPs are broken?

was trying to do lowbie pvp yesterday (the only thing i can enjoy in this old, stale, unsupported game) and queues took forever if we queued as a group...and instantly when we queued solo.

bioware has never had a good history testing their releases; if you can't see that their dev team is completely understaffed at this point i'm not sure what to say.

game is dead. it's on total cruise control.

Was I wrong?

There's a couple of pages of discussion about what you can get in packs. This thread used to be two threads, both by the same OP, both making the same claim. At a guess, there are ~10 posts by the OP that are simply a copy/pasted definition of denial.

Of course, in your "logical" reasoning, it never occurred to you that maybe the OP was wrong, and continued to rail against anyone that pointed it out, because that would never happen. :rolleyes: You evidently missed the posts that listed his thread from 4 years ago making the exact same claims as now, too. How he swore he was cancelling his sub and moving on, only to post, on the same day 4 years ago, how his sub was reactivated, but not showing up.

Do tell, however, since you seem to believe the OP was exactly right, why is it that the other servers other than Harbinger aren't shut down already, since everyone's playing there, according to the OP and his fanbase. You are, after all, claiming that he's right, so maybe you can provide the answers that he couldn't?

was trying to do lowbie pvp yesterday (the only thing i can enjoy in this old, stale, unsupported game) and queues took forever if we queued as a group...and instantly when we queued solo.

bioware has never had a good history testing their releases; if you can't see that their dev team is completely understaffed at this point i'm not sure what to say.

I haven't logged in in the past 5 days. It could be people are like me and not interested in playing lately. Or maybe the game is broken. I don't know. Could be either one at this point.

Nah, it's just some mechanics needing tweaked. Everyone queueing singly is getting lumped into the new cross-faction WZ, and groups are getting put in the older style WZ's. So, the "single queue" is popping regularly (as soon as any 16 single players queue), but the "grouped queue" has to wait on another full group forming, which takes a lot longer since single players are getting bumped to the cross-faction one. The knock on effect is that people have noticed this and are abandoning grouping so that they can get a quicker pop, and the group queue takes even longer.

Edited by CrazyCT

I haven't logged in in the past 5 days. It could be people are like me and not interested in playing lately. Or maybe the game is broken. I don't know. Could be either one at this point.
i figured that much but when we queued solo it was instant. so something is fishy.

Nah, it's just some mechanics needing tweaked. Everyone queueing singly is getting lumped into the new cross-faction WZ, and groups are getting put in the older style WZ's. So, the "single queue" is popping regularly (as soon as any 16 single players queue), but the "grouped queue" has to wait on another full group forming, which takes a lot longer since single players are getting bumped to the cross-faction one. The knock on effect is that people have noticed this and are abandoning grouping so that they can get a quicker pop, and the group queue takes even longer.

Iff that means premades won't be walloping pugs, I'm not sure I disapprove

So I take it the OP was right and some people got butthurt? Because it seems to me if any OP was incorrect on any subject (fill in the black) it would not have over 1000 replies. Usually that many responses happens when an OP is correct about whatever issue he/she is discussing and people don't want him to be so they wreck him every chance they get.

True/False?

And I am reading thru this and am trying to figure out why did he stop posting? Did he quit the game? I don't see an explanation anywhere.

Basically yeah. Don't bother pointing it out to the page filling freaks though. What you're talking about only applies to the rest of the world wide web. They're special. :rolleyes:

Edited by Joesixxpack

Basically yeah. Don't bother pointing it out to the page filling freaks though. What you're talking about only applies to the rest of the world wide web. They're special. :rolleyes:

No, but seriously, go and count how many individual people agree with the op, and how many disagree. I don't mean MCB repeatedly posting the definition of Denial or the same person having to explain 6 times because all he did was post "umadbro?" in reply, each unique person who agrees or disagrees. It's not a great slice of the "rest of the world wide web", but it should be a significant representation of people who care about the topic.

I'll wait here.

So I take it the OP was right and some people got butthurt?

Well, that's pretty much what he posted over and over every time someone dared to offer up facts and/or their own anecdotal observations that ran counter to his narrative...

MCB - "This game is dead!" Every server but Harbinger is a ghost town!"

Someone else - "My server has several 100s people on just the "main" worlds every night, and I'm having fun."

MCB - "You're in denial and the truth hurts and you can't handle it and why are you insulting me!"

:confused:

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Well, that's pretty much what he posted over and over every time someone dared to offer up facts and/or their own anecdotal observations that ran counter to his narrative...

MCB - "This game is dead!" Every server but Harbinger is a ghost town!"

Someone else - "My server has several 100s people on just the "main" worlds every night, and I'm having fun."

MCB - "You're in denial and the truth hurts and you can't handle it and why are you insulting me!"

:confused:

You forgot one, this is a single thread now, but it was two threads, by the same guy, with the same narrative.

No, but seriously, go and count how many individual people agree with the op, and how many disagree. I don't mean MCB repeatedly posting the definition of Denial or the same person having to explain 6 times because all he did was post "umadbro?" in reply, each unique person who agrees or disagrees. It's not a great slice of the "rest of the world wide web", but it should be a significant representation of people who care about the topic.

I'll wait here.

Since you don't seem to have gotten my post, or the post I quoted, I'm afraid it's gonna be a long wait.

Since you don't seem to have gotten my post, or the post I quoted, I'm afraid it's gonna be a long wait.

No, I got your post. You implied that people like me are speaking for the minority and the "rest of the world wide web" are saying differently. I asked you to count how many are agreeing with Madcuzbad and how many are disagreeing, you know, so you'd have a statistic to support your claim. I was hoping you'd at least be able to count the supporters, but I'm sure someone here can teach you some of the bigger numbers to help you out with counting his detractors.

I'm willing to wait till you can support your claim, but going to call it "handwavium" until you finally do get round to backing it up.

Iff that means premades won't be walloping pugs, I'm not sure I disapprove

At least from looking outside the fishbowl.. this seems very plausible on the studios part. Either this or it's bug and will get fixed. Premades could certainly pounce early and sour a lot of individual players on the new content.

Either way, it's a temporary issue that some want to prosecute as though it is permanent and some form of conspiracy against players.

Edited by Andryah

No, I got your post. You implied that people like me are speaking for the minority and the "rest of the world wide web" are saying differently. I asked you to count how many are agreeing with Madcuzbad and how many are disagreeing, you know, so you'd have a statistic to support your claim. I was hoping you'd at least be able to count the supporters, but I'm sure someone here can teach you some of the bigger numbers to help you out with counting his detractors.

I'm willing to wait till you can support your claim, but going to call it "handwavium" until you finally do get round to backing it up.

I just read the first 2 pages and every single one seemed to agree with him/her for the most part. I didn't go any further but I would bet money that his/her support did not end there.

And to be honest it doesn't seem like the OP is so far off base like a lot of people would like him to be. Reading his opening statement it seems like a fair and accurate statement. That is probably why the first 2 pages of replies do not seem to oppose his claim. I am sure when the nay sayers eventually jump into the thread is where everything came off the rails.

Honestly for the OP to have concern that the game might be heading into a bad predicament isn't in my opinion to be so crazy or radical. I mean not for nothing, we have between Asian/pacific, Aussie, EU, and US about 450 servers at launch down to what like 16 now total? Why is the OP getting grilled for pointing out something everyone playing this game should easily see. Its no secret what's going on here.

This whole thread has been blow way out of proportion. And reading the opening statement, in my opinion I see no reason to fry the OP. If I was him/her and had to debate the reality that we are down to only a few populated servers I would probably laugh at you too. Pretty sad anyone would even try and debate that.

Anyhow I wish he/she would come back to post. From what I can tell so far they seem pretty reasonable to me. And the fact that a bunch of you attacked MCB like wild savages doesn't mean a pile of beans to me. Remember you can judge a man not only by his friends, but also by his enemies. And the fact that some of you people don't like MCB frankly should be worn as a badge of honor.

I just read the first 2 pages and every single one seemed to agree with him/her for the most part. I didn't go any further but I would bet money that his/her support did not end there.

And to be honest it doesn't seem like the OP is so far off base like a lot of people would like him to be. Reading his opening statement it seems like a fair and accurate statement. That is probably why the first 2 pages of replies do not seem to oppose his claim. I am sure when the nay sayers eventually jump into the thread is where everything came off the rails.

Honestly for the OP to have concern that the game might be heading into a bad predicament isn't in my opinion to be so crazy or radical. I mean not for nothing, we have between Asian/pacific, Aussie, EU, and US about 450 servers at launch down to what like 16 now total? Why is the OP getting grilled for pointing out something everyone playing this game should easily see. Its no secret what's going on here.

This whole thread has been blow way out of proportion. And reading the opening statement, in my opinion I see no reason to fry the OP. If I was him/her and had to debate the reality that we are down to only a few populated servers I would probably laugh at you too. Pretty sad anyone would even try and debate that.

Anyhow I wish he/she would come back to post. From what I can tell so far they seem pretty reasonable to me. And the fact that a bunch of you attacked MCB like wild savages doesn't mean a pile of beans to me. Remember you can judge a man not only by his friends, but also by his enemies. And the fact that some of you people don't like MCB frankly should be worn as a badge of honor.

I'm on the fence when it comes to the OP. Despite the slandering I've seen in this thread, I always try and make up my own mind about someone rather than judge them by everyone else's opinion whether for or against.

Yes, I have seen some opening posts in which he was being reasonable and calm. Though certain statistic claims may have been off, I understood what he was trying to convey 'between the lines'. A genuine concern that the game's going downhill and based on his own past experiences, he thinks the servers may die out slowly. I get that part and have no problem with it. His phrasing could have been better perhaps in terms of "I think" vs. "Fact!" but I got the general idea and it was fine.

The problem arises when someone, for valid reasons of their own, disagrees with his opinion. When someone doesn't see things the way he does. It's that moment where he begins to lash out and leaves any maturity behind to instead claim people are being naive, that they're ignorant and so forth. He reverts to it "See it my way or else you're an idiot" type of approach and that's the part I'm not okay with. If you're going to open up a thread on the forums for discussion then expect to be met with counterpoints and differing opinions and be open to that rather than attack people for it. If you can't handle people who see it differently then don't start a thread/discussion.

If he ever comes back, coolbeans. If not, just as well.

And yes, the thread did get blown out of proportion which is why I still hope it'll just fade to the bottom of the ocean. :p

I'm on the fence when it comes to the OP. Despite the slandering I've seen in this thread, I always try and make up my own mind about someone rather than judge them by everyone else's opinion whether for or against.

Yes, I have seen some opening posts in which he was being reasonable and calm. Though certain statistic claims may have been off, I understood what he was trying to convey 'between the lines'. A genuine concern that the game's going downhill and based on his own past experiences, he thinks the servers may die out slowly. I get that part and have no problem with it. His phrasing could have been better perhaps in terms of "I think" vs. "Fact!" but I got the general idea and it was fine.

The problem arises when someone, for valid reasons of their own, disagrees with his opinion. When someone doesn't see things the way he does. It's that moment where he begins to lash out and leaves any maturity behind to instead claim people are being naive, that they're ignorant and so forth. He reverts to it "See it my way or else you're an idiot" type of approach and that's the part I'm not okay with. If you're going to open up a thread on the forums for discussion then expect to be met with counterpoints and differing opinions and be open to that rather than attack people for it. If you can't handle people who see it differently then don't start a thread/discussion.

If he ever comes back, coolbeans. If not, just as well.

And yes, the thread did get blown out of proportion which is why I still hope it'll just fade to the bottom of the ocean. :p

He might have quit the game, because I don't think you can post on the forums if your unsubbed.

It's you Mad, isn't it? I mean, you're ending this post the way he tried to "end the conversation" once: If you don't like me, too bad". I'll tell you what I told him: "I don't care enough about you to like you or dislike you. I won't miss you when you're gone, either." To be frank, I don't miss him now, any more than I missed him 4 years ago, when he "quit" for like 4 hours.

So you agree with him that everyone is now playing on Harbinger. Outstanding, I didn't get that memo, and neither did the 12 people that I was dodging today on Alderaan doing heroics. Wait, that means that everyone isn't playing on Harbinger, since I was on Shadowlands. I guess he was wrong about that, bet that won't go over very well with his supporters.

How can it be dead AND on cruise control? That's a rather stupid statement.