Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

Nowhere to go, I know. Anyone who resorts to umadbro and dualmebro automatically wins the argument. I wish all debates ended in a dualmebro attack, especially in politics :rak_01:

What did you expect him to reply to the personal attack?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the post he was responding to, it was more return fire than a shot from the blue...

No...that entire exchange was started by THIS post Max:

You're the most pathetic thing in this thread, you should really quit while you're behind.

I followed it back to its origin...the personal attacks by the typical group continue. It's mind blowing that you guys get away with it so often.

Same timeline the doomsayers were presenting in November 2011 and those "few months" still haven't ended yet.
So they were saying that in closed beta? SWTOR launched in December of 2011. Edited by Lendul

No...that entire exchange was started by THIS post Max:

I followed it back to its origin...the personal attacks by the typical group continue. It's mind blowing that you guys get away with it so often.

I'm part of a "typical group" and use "personal attacks" "often"?

Huh.

At any rate, the "personal attacks" started with the dudebro, very early in the thread -- spamming the definition of "denial" at people, belittling them for not sharing his personal issues with the game, angrily dismissing anyone who doesn't share in his own personal experiences and priorities, raging and frothing at anyone who wasn't jumping on his bandwagon, spewing the worst sorts of "I'm so elite, you're so bad" toxicity that (from a certain subset of the PvP players) has turned many others off to ever even trying PvP (and thus explaining in part why he can't get his precious instant queue pops). He's an unintentional self-caricature, to the point saying "umadbro?" multiple times, unironically, as if it were a coherent argument.

Nevermind the moving goalposts, the strawmen, and whatnot.

Anything that others have since directed at him is flatly a matter of him reaping what he has thoroughly sown.

The comment that you keep linking to? It was in response to the post that I linked to. Here's the comment that you say "started it", with the context of dudebro's post. He was called "pathetic" in response to saying that someone else was "pathetic".

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8872632&postcount=676

Edited by Max_Killjoy

I'm part of a "typical group" and use "personal attacks" "often"?

Huh.

At any rate, the "personal attacks" started with the dudebro, very early in the thread -- spamming the definition of "denial" at people, belittling them for not sharing his personal issues with the game, angrily dismissing anyone who doesn't share in his own personal experiences and priorities, raging and frothing at anyone who wasn't jumping on his bandwagon, spewing the worst sorts of "I'm so elite, you're so bad" toxicity that (from a certain subset of the PvP players) has turned many others off to ever even trying PvP (and thus explaining in part why he can't get his precious instant queue pops). He's an unintentional self-caricature, to the point saying "umadbro?" multiple times, unironically, as if it were a coherent argument.

Anything that others have since directed at him is flatly a matter of him reaping what he has thoroughly sown.

The comment that you keep linking to? It was in response to the post that I linked to. Here's the comment that you say "started it", with the context of dudebro's post. He was called "pathetic" in response to saying that someone else was "pathetic".

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8872632&postcount=676

As I told you, I worked backwards - the second I stumbled upon a personal attack, I stopped reading back because NOTHING that transpires before it matters. The argument is over when it's a flat out personal attack like that was.

And saying "doing that makes you look pathetic" is not the same as saying "You're pathetic".

And no Max, I don't categorize you as the "typical" group, but you do have a tendency to follow them.

Edited by TUXs

As I told you, I worked backwards - the second I stumbled upon a personal attack, I stopped reading back because NOTHING that transpires before it matters. The argument is over when it's a flat out personal attack like that was.

And saying "doing that makes you look pathetic" is not the same as saying "You're pathetic".

And no Max, I don't categorize you as the "typical" group, but you do have a tendency to follow them.

How does that make any sense? If you're working backwards and stop at the first "personal attack" that you see, then you won't see any personal attacks that came before that one which might have precipitated it.

How does that make any sense? If you're working backwards and stop at the first "personal attack" that you see, then you won't see any personal attacks that came before that one which might have precipitated it.

Aside from the fact that there was no personal attack preceding it, it DOES NOT MATTER! Two wrongs don't make a right....three lefts do, but that's not the topic.

Aside from the fact that there was no personal attack preceding it, it DOES NOT MATTER! Two wrongs don't make a right....three lefts do, but that's not the topic.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but calling a troll a troll isn't a wrong - and whether calling a troll "pathetic" is wrong or not is, at best, debatable.

Now when you have one troll calling another troll pathetic... eh, best to just leave 'em be, preferably on an ignore list.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but calling a troll a troll isn't a wrong - and whether calling a troll "pathetic" is wrong or not is, at best, debatable.

Now when you have one troll calling another troll pathetic... eh, best to just leave 'em be, preferably on an ignore list.

I do like the ignore thing, but wish it would "ignore" all the threads by the same illiterate poster.

So you justify personal attacks? Wow Dymond...I didn't expect that from you. I had more respect for you. Noted.

Shut up, the game is totally awesome , I really like how much they care for us subscribers and especially pvpers after turning the game into a completely brain dead super casual story game with the most unoriginal and boring story ever created.

PLAY YOUR STORY, PUT ON YOUR IDIOTIC HK-55 MASK OF SHAME AND LOSE BRAIN CELLS!!!

Edited by aristrokratie

However, the reality is, when someone repeatedly treats most of the people in a conversation like garbage, eventually they stop extending him the general courtesies of a conversation and tell him off to his face.

E: and I guess we have to disagree, because as far as I'm concerned, dudebro was shotgunning the thread from just about page one with venom and personal commentary.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

So you justify personal attacks? Wow Dymond...I didn't expect that from you. I had more respect for you. Noted.

Against a troll? My personal preference is making use of the "ignore" feature. Personal attacks are pretty much just giving them what they want - that's a situation where it just sucks that someone actually took the bait instead of starving the troll.

Again, when they're both acting like trolls I just throw them both on ignore and chalk it up to "trolls gonna troll".

Edited by DarthDymond

However, the reality is, when someone repeatedly treats most of the people in a conversation like garbage, eventually they stop extending him the general courtesies of a conversation and tell him off to his face.

I still don't find it acceptable. Ignore him if you all feel the same way. Personal attacks are uncalled for.

I still don't find it acceptable. Ignore him if you all feel the same way. Personal attacks are uncalled for.

When someone insults you, you are fully justified in insulting them back. The context decides whether responding in that way is viewed as immature or hypercritical, but it is still justified.

E: and I guess we have to disagree, because as far as I'm concerned, dudebro was shotgunning the thread from just about page one with venom and personal commentary.

I have to agree with this. The author of this thread not only prosecutes his personal confirmation bias, he also passive aggressively attacks anyone who disagrees with him. He also has a history here.. and like it or not.. that history factors in to how much slack other forum members will give him in a discussion. And let's be honest here, he has been consistently fluffing this thread with drama since it began. It's the only thread he is currently trolling, and it is his own thread.

Now, I don't see TUXs posts unless someone quotes him (because I put him on ignore nearly two years ago) .. but I have to say it is pretty hilarious to see TUXs playing the "righteous" card here ... that is some irony to be honest. None of us are perfect angels in this forum to be sure, and for him to pretend he is.. is giggle fodder IMO.

Edited by Andryah

When someone insults you, you are fully justified in insulting them back. The context decides whether responding in that way is viewed as immature or hypercritical, but it is still justified.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Now, I don't see TUXs posts unless someone quotes him (because I put him on ignore nearly two years ago) .. but I have to say it is pretty hilarious to see TUXs playing the "righteous" card here ... that is some irony to be honest. None of us are perfect angels in this forum to be sure, and for him to pretend he is.. is giggle fodder IMO.

Since Andy can't see this, I challenge anyone to find a post from me insulting anyone personally. I critique the game and it's mismanagement, a service we all pay for and a game I thoroughly enjoy and hope it grows. I don't insult other posters.

Since Andy can't see this, I challenge anyone to find a post from me insulting anyone personally. I critique the game and it's mismanagement, a service we all pay for and a game I thoroughly enjoy and hope it grows. I don't insult other posters.

Fixed? What do you mean? They've conned tons of folk just like you into "studying" the drop rates, yet you suckers keep buying packs in droves!!!!

There is NOTHING broken. They're working exactly like Bioware wants them to work, and you are their ideal type of "tester".

10char