Producer Livestream Recap 3/9

EricMusco

Quality of life improvements coming with Chapter 12 in April

Hi Eric, i just want to know if you guys are increasing max guild ranks alongside the max members in a guild.

Thank you!.

Edited by pupidibe

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was wondering if anyone else got the preview for Chapter XII as Dark Passages rather than Vision in the Dark? Just want to know if my game is bugged or if they're just using two different names.

So I was wondering if anyone else got the preview for Chapter XII as Dark Passages rather than Vision in the Dark? Just want to know if my game is bugged or if they're just using two different names.

Both my SW and my IA have it listed as Dark Passages.

Slicing nodes were dropping more credits than intended so that changed allowed us to bring those credit gains back to a more desired range. This is also without impacting Slicing Crew Skill Missions, which can still drop Prototype Lockboxes.

That's fair, do the nodes drop as many as three premium credit boxes if your slicing skill level is high enough, or has the number dropped from a single node been scaled back as well?

• 3 weeks later...

The team is still discussing what the plans are for the start of the next Season. As soon as I have more information I will pass it on!

-eric

The pvpers are sick of this response, it was okay 6 months+ ago... not anymore.:mad:

Edited by EzMaCx

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply, that makes total sense! Good news for me, now I can start some decorating. :)

So far, I was always afraid to do any large-scale decorating; at most I'd just switch a few decorations around so the bonus stays at 100%. Now, we only have to keep four strongholds at 100% and can redecorate the fifth one without being under any time limit. :)

April 14th - https://s18.postimg.org/8twem8zah/Screenshot_2016-04-14_13_02_45_434314.jpg

5 active strongholds with 100% unlock and decorations

Conquest bonus 125% ( not that we would complain about )

• Dev Post
Yup, happy to clarify.

The cap for the Conquest bonus from Strongholds is still 100%. This bonus is now calculated based on your top 4 most completed Strongholds. Meaning even if you have 5 Strongholds at 100%, your bonus will still only be 100%, not 125%. By there being no effect, I mean that if you have 100% right now, you will still have 100% when the 5th Stronghold is activated.

Hope that makes sense!

-eric

Hey folks,

I need to clarify my clarification. What I stated in the post above is actually not correct.

The team wanted to ensure that with the change to allow 5 Strongholds, we didn't punish players who currently had 4. Also, we wanted to reward players who decorated all 5. The way Conquest bonuses work now is that you will earn 25% bonus for each fully decorated Stronghold. So if you had 4 decorated Strongholds before and were at 100%, you will still be at 100%. However, now you can unlock and decorate a 5th Stronghold to get to 125%.

Apologies for any confusion I caused with my previous post! Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hey folks,

I need to clarify my clarification. What I stated in the post above is actually not correct.

The team wanted to ensure that with the change to allow 5 Strongholds, we didn't punish players who currently had 4. Also, we wanted to reward players who decorated all 5. The way Conquest bonuses work now is that you will earn 25% bonus for each fully decorated Stronghold. So if you had 4 decorated Strongholds before and were at 100%, you will still be at 100%. However, now you can unlock and decorate a 5th Stronghold to get to 125%.

-eric

Good recovery ;) Thanks for clearing it up.

Hey folks,

-eric

Good all Eric!!! This is a great bonus for people who do extra!

Hey folks,

-eric

Seriously? This would have been such a great change, but now we are stuck in the same situation as before. Players doing conquest are forced to have all five strongholds at 100%. I just can't fathom why the devs think this is a good idea.

Oh well, there go my plans to do some decorating in my strongholds, I'll just stick with decorating the guild ship. There, if I am interrupted, I can safely stop and continue decorating another time and don't feel I'll be missing out conquest points if it's only 90% done.

Edited by Jerba

Hey folks,

-eric

Sounds more like you noticed the exploit and you said screw it we don't have the time to fix it and just act like you intended to do it when it was clear you didn't because you cleared the original statement with your bosses before hand.

Sounds more like you noticed the exploit and you said screw it we don't have the time to fix it and just act like you intended to do it when it was clear you didn't because you cleared the original statement with your bosses before hand.

How is 125% an exploit? And why the hell would you be complaining? Be happy there is something to work for! 125% makes conquest easier. That you don't like it, doesn't mean its an exploit.

Doesn't it get tiring to have to retract every single statement about how things will work after it turns out that it got broken somewhere between design and deployment? I know that it's extremely tiring to read it.

How about disconnecting the Conquest bonus from the "stronghold completion" stat.

All it really does is penalize people who actually care what their stronghold looks like by forcing them to fill them with trash so that they don't miss out on a task bonus stat.

If you don't want to disengage the two altogether, how about reducing the threshold to something like: unlock all rooms and fill 50% of the hooks.

That still forces a full unlock for the full bonus but also lets us decorate things tastefully since we're not under pressure to fill as many hooks as we possibly can.

I was actually looking forward to getting a 5th stronghold so I could fill it with junk to keep the stat bonus while finally decorating my Yavin stronghold in an aesthetically pleasing manner.

How is 125% an exploit? And why the hell would you be complaining? Be happy there is something to work for! 125% makes conquest easier. That you don't like it, doesn't mean its an exploit.

Probably because it gives those who have a lot of credits a edge over normal players who don't have that kind of money which is the reason why they originally only intended it to go to a 100% to be fair to the majority of players.

I find myself asking how many people we have been competing against that have been at 125% while we listen to the information that one assume is accurate and have been at a disadvantage for well over a month now. Way to keep a level playing field. I find myself agreeing that I have to believe that Oooops, it is working the other way, so lets not fix just do an about face on everyone.

So let me see if I have this correct.... You have known about this since March 9, but you haven't posted a correction until April 15. So, those of us who conquest have been up against people getting a 125% SH bonus while we plod along at 100% which you told us definitively was the highest we could attain. Tell me Mr Musco... you did not feel this was of imminent importance to the guilds that conquest and the players that work so hard to reach their goals?

I suppose I should not be surprised by this absolute disregard for the players and the guilds. It harkens back to the slot machine being described by BW as "working as intended" just before it was nerfed into obscurity.

If you worked for me you would be pounding the pavement I assure you.

Hey folks,

-eric

Eric,

one question I been holding off on Tattoine (mainly not a fan of the planet) in hopes you are adding another stronghold. Is there any being discussed?

I was actually looking forward to getting a 5th stronghold so I could fill it with junk to keep the stat bonus while finally decorating my Yavin stronghold in an aesthetically pleasing manner.

This ^^ The Yavin stronghold looks best spartan. I was really looking forward to reactivating and filling my Coruscant stronghold and leaving Yavin where it looks good, rather than stuffing it for the bonus. :(

So let me see if I have this correct.... You have known about this since March 9, but you haven't posted a correction until April 15. So, those of us who conquest have been up against people getting a 125% SH bonus while we plod along at 100% which you told us definitively was the highest we could attain. Tell me Mr Musco... you did not feel this was of imminent importance to the guilds that conquest and the players that work so hard to reach their goals?

I suppose I should not be surprised by this absolute disregard for the players and the guilds. It harkens back to the slot machine being described by BW as "working as intended" just before it was nerfed into obscurity.

If you worked for me you would be pounding the pavement I assure you.

It's only been live since 4.3, so you haven't been up against folks with 125% since March 9th.

The folks who activated before they said anything were taking a risk that it would be nerfed, as well.

So I add the 5th strong hold at considerable expense simply for conquest (thank you for that <sarcasm>) only to find that the stronghold that use all the time is now on the second page with no way to order...

One would think that for a group that espouses quality of life/experience that this would be an obvious one, and A) either allow them to be ordered or B) show them in order of use - like on the character selection screen....

This really sucks and am tired of accidentally clicking to send my toon to Kaas with a warning of a credit cost...

Please fix.

Edited by raswolverine

Hey folks,

-eric

Sadly that we loose all strongholds if we are forced to transfer to a better populated server again. I dont rebuild my stronghold since the last transfer and invested the time to a new stronghold. Its like building a cardhouse and wait for the next transfer storm. :mad: So your bonus is only for people who decorate their strongholds full of trophys without any theme. :rolleyes:

Also i don't like that we loose all our saved outfits but this is another annoying thing..

But thx that we can have now all strongholds not bad at all. :)

Edited by Moonshift

Sadly that we loose all strongholds if we are forced to transfer to a better populated server again. I dont rebuild my stronghold since the last transfer and invested the time to a new stronghold. Its like building a cardhouse and wait for the next transfer storm. :mad: So your bonus is only for people who decorate their strongholds full of trophys without any theme. :rolleyes:

Also i don't like that we loose all our saved outfits but this is another annoying thing..

But thx that we can have now all strongholds not bad at all. :)

Actually, it is possible to fill all 4 strongholds without filling them all full of trophies, or not having a theme, or spending forever and a day. My Coruscant Stronghold that I recently reactivated has a kind of derelict left to the elements look befitting a SH that isn't often used and was recently reopened with hanging viones on all the ceilings and random plants scattered throughout. Most of my other strongholds have little niche areas in them, and I mainly focus on one as my pride and joy. You'd drive yourself batty trying to make them all look stunning in a hurry. I do have a few areas in 1 or 2 that might be considered just rnadom junk thrown down, but even when using random decos, I still tried to make it look okay. It's amazing what you can do with multiple copies of the same cheap deco even. It took me less than a half hour to take my Coruscant SH from bare to 100%, because I used the same deco repeatedly, and nary a trophy on the walls in that Stronghold.

And the extra 25% is not that huge, it is only 250 bonus for every 1000 base points, if you're seriously doing conquest, it only makes you hit goal faster (and maybe get a few more points, but if you just focus on getting right around goal to make your personal target and get those rewards, it just makes it a little faster, the guilds that constantly top the boards would do so without that extra 25%, because they have the resources and the active playerbase), and you would have the ability to make goal whether your SH bonus was 100% or 125%.

Now, I have guildlies that have not fully decorated their strongholds because they want to have them fully desgined, so I do understand wanting to have all your strongholds look their best, but I do not hear those same guildies complaining about not having 125%, or even 100% Stronghold bonus. They understand that the bonus is given for how much of your stronghold has decos in it, not how aesthetically your stronghold is decorated. And often times, at least one of them will earn more points in conquest than I do, because we do conquest different ways, and for different reasons, and everyone is cool with it.

Even if you do fluff out your completion rates with trophies, you have the option later to take them down and add other decorations. That's what I'm doing on Dromund Kaas, which is too busy with stuff on its walls, and I want to make something better out of my garage/party room anyway.

However, I take exception to the notion that trophies are somehow lesser decorations. I earned those puppies, and so did everyone else who has them.

I do wish we had more options for wall decorations, though. I have all the pictures/picture sets and that's not enough, nor appropriate for all five different locations. And could we get more basic, non-rare-pack-item couches to sit on? I'm Voss'd out. Thank you!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.