Why does bio ware hate Dot sentinels?

Vektarulz

I played Annihilate and watchmen spex since release day, and finally stopped being stubborn and tried ataru last night, I was angry to find out that at some point ataru had been simplified to only use 4 main moves as opposed to having to use 8 as a Dot Sentinel. Not only does it basically only use these moves but the damage is far superior, I always thought Dot spec was best because the potential damage in theory should be highest but the apm required and a situation where you aren't stunned and targets don't move doesn't happen. Why do they sabotage one spec and make the other, frankly, stupid easy. I am not sure if any other specs are simplified like that but this generally pissed me off, it is like 2 different teams made each spec for 2 different games. I worry they will buff dot spec again in the future and then it will become fotm, then they will nerf it to a worse point than it is now. Edited by Vektarulz

IIRC

I think people QQ'd, coz DoT classes were once too strong. To combat this, they made heals stronger, then nerfed DoTs.

-Though TBH, the average healer usually blatantly fluffs their HPS with extra healing, rather than cleanse DoTs these days.

Virulence snipers are also part DoT - and you have to work your rear off to match some of the DPS numbers out there.

OTOH nothing looks cooler than whizzing around with two lightsabres.:wea_03::csw_redsaber::)

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Also, unfortunately is it because BW is trying to balance PVE and PVP at the same time. Right now, Anni is better in PVE on almost all fights (highest parsing spec in the game on a single target), so it makes sense that it has a tough rotation. Unfortunatley, since PVP requires a lot more movement and enemies moving etc., it means that simple rotations with high burst have a huge advantage. Your best bet is probably to just learn two or even all 3 of the specs so you can change them at will (snipers basically need to do the same thing, at least in PVE anyway).

Kudos to Lhancelot for keeping up 3.2K DPS, (and winning the match) but if I read the table correctly, 1.6M damage and 21 kills is offset by 2.5M+ healing - suggesting that there was a bit of fluffing on both sides. - Whatever you hit, they healed.

Still a win is a win, and 3.2K dps is not to be sniffed at, especially on AH, where everyone is running around like crazy.:D

Edited by Storm-Cutter

IIRC

I think people QQ'd, coz DoT classes were once too strong. To combat this, they made heals stronger, then nerfed DoTs.

-Though TBH, the average healer usually blatantly fluffs their HPS with extra healing, rather than cleanse DoTs these days.

Virulence snipers are also part DoT - and you have to work your rear off to match some of the DPS numbers out there.

OTOH nothing looks cooler than whizzing around with two lightsabres.:wea_03::csw_redsaber::)

you can't remove DoT's for awhile now... you can only use it for things like mezzes and those effects that reuce your armor or make you take more of X type damage for Y seconds and stuff like that

Interesting. Watchmen is the highest sustained DPS for Sentinel.

It's just problematic in PvP because there is no burst, making it much harder to out DPS the

4 Sorcs cross healing each other.

I also sometimes wonder if DOT spread is working.

That being said, I feel I do pretty OK in WZs with my Watchmen Sentinel. I guard the Pylon/Node more nowadays, but

those rare times when I have someone reliable in Rep-Shadowlands WZ that can and will call out, I can usually make a run on top DPS/Damage/Kills. Then again, I used to think that was something impressive, then I realized how pitiful Republic-Shadowlands PvP is, then it made me sad. But alas, I feel I could handle my own regardless as a Watchmen Sentinel.

Sure, we aren't Madness Sorc DOT-level, but we are still competitive.

Interesting. Watchmen is the highest sustained DPS for Sentinel.

It's just problematic in PvP because there is no burst, making it much harder to out DPS the

4 Sorcs cross healing each other.

I also sometimes wonder if DOT spread is working.

That being said, I feel I do pretty OK in WZs with my Watchmen Sentinel. I guard the Pylon/Node more nowadays, but

those rare times when I have someone reliable in Rep-Shadowlands WZ that can and will call out, I can usually make a run on top DPS/Damage/Kills. Then again, I used to think that was something impressive, then I realized how pitiful Republic-Shadowlands PvP is, then it made me sad. But alas, I feel I could handle my own regardless as a Watchmen Sentinel.

Sure, we aren't Madness Sorc DOT-level, but we are still competitive.

It doesn't have the burst you'd expect, but Anni can definitely surprise some people. With beserk running and a 16-17k Annihilate autocrit, you've got a ton of damage coming in a short period of time (dots will be ticking for 3-4k each on top of that).

Annihilation is good at getting a nice DPS number at the end of the game because of DoT-spread.

Fury is better at contributing to games because it packs a punch that can actually pressure/kill someone + lets you stay on a target easier.

Annihilation is good at getting a nice DPS number at the end of the game because of DoT-spread.

Fury is better at contributing to games because it packs a punch that can actually pressure/kill someone + lets you stay on a target easier.

They have less predictable bursts.

I imagine it's easier to keep pressure on people in Ranked when compared to objective plays.

I don't like Anni right now, prefer Carnage.

Watchman is a high skill cap class. It can kill faster then fury. The best watchman players don't dot spread all that much. Its more of an icing on the cake move. It contributes way more then combat or smash. It has the ability to completely shutdown any heels.

The problem is most people don't understand that you have to use all the skills for it to be effective, Not just what is in the kit so to speak. For instance just because Blade Storm isn't in the kit dosn't mean its not useable. I have my quick slots to switch between different bars is why you don't seem them bound in the screen shots, but I do use them.

Watchman is a high skill cap class. It can kill faster then fury. The best watchman players don't dot spread all that much.

Actually you can boost your single target dps if you manage to only replace youre fillers with force sweep and spread back dots for a 100% uptime on forcemelt. So you better spread whenever you can :)

Watchman is a high skill cap class. It can kill faster then fury. The best watchman players don't dot spread all that much. Its more of an icing on the cake move. It contributes way more then combat or smash. It has the ability to completely shutdown any heels.

The problem is most people don't understand that you have to use all the skills for it to be effective, Not just what is in the kit so to speak. For instance just because Blade Storm isn't in the kit dosn't mean its not useable. I have my quick slots to switch between different bars is why you don't seem them bound in the screen shots, but I do use them.

That's interesting. What would your rotation look like in an ideal circumstance 1 on 1?

Edit: Okay I've been experimenting with focusing a single target in warzone instead of trying to DoT-spread and I was so wrong in my original statement. It really does do incredible damage.

Edited by Mordresh

Sorry I have not gotten back to you been busy.

Max burst would be

Zen overload while leaping, zealous strike, cauterize, merc slash, melt, master strike, saber throw proc hopefully cancel the master strike.

It can get up to 8.5k if everything lines up and crits.

I played Annihilate and watchmen spex since release day, and finally stopped being stubborn and tried ataru last night

Played one mara/sent spec since ''release''? Since release you have never bought legacy respec or talked to the respec guy and have respeced, ever?

pffff

Zen overload while leaping, zealous strike, cauterize, merc slash, melt, master strike, saber throw proc hopefully cancel the master strike.

This kind of pve rhetoric almost never works in pvp unless the guy is afk or intensely tunneling on purpose someone.

Edited by Kaedusz

Sorry I have not gotten back to you been busy.

Max burst would be

Cool, thanks I'll give it a try.

This kind of pve rhetoric almost never works in pvp unless the guy is afk or intensely tunneling on purpose someone.

Sorry for the confusion, this is my fault. I asked for a rotation in a hypothetical ideal situation.