Unable to talk to or find Aric Jorgan @ Vantage Point

Lil_Fusion

Seems to only reset after the first instance, I got as far as 2nd instance on first toon & it bugged out & I could not reset. Tried it on a 2nd toon, reset it 3x after aric appeared naked in the first instance & it finely worked.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to only reset after the first instance, I got as far as 2nd instance on first toon & it bugged out & I could not reset. Tried it on a 2nd toon, reset it 3x after aric appeared naked in the first instance & it finely worked.

I could reset it after the first instanced area, and the second one where he doesn't appear. The key is if you're in the phase or not though. It won't let you reset if you're still standing inside an instanced area. I also chose to reset the phase each time prior to resetting the quest entirely from the quest log.

This is very annoying for players to have to find a work around just to enjoy the new content, sadly.

Edited by Lil_Fusion

I'm getting really tired of this. No, correction, I am tired of this. I pay money to fix broken game play mechanics for the people who are free to play? What the h-e-double-hockey-sticks is going on with QA? Seriously considering whether I should be giving 15 bucks a month to a game that can't be bothered to QA their stuff.

December, we had the Lokin/Rakghoul bug where you couldn't do the Rakghoul event, and thus couldn't get Lokin. Their answer? Well, you can get it next month.

January, they went to patch Chapter X, broke something and had the servers down just about all day.

I took a month off after that one, and switched to another MMO that I'm playing for February, and in March, we have this steaming pile.

I'm getting really tired of this. No, correction, I am tired of this. I pay money to fix broken game play mechanics for the people who are free to play? What the h-e-double-hockey-sticks is going on with QA? Seriously considering whether I should be giving 15 bucks a month to a game that can't be bothered to QA their stuff.

December, we had the Lokin/Rakghoul bug where you couldn't do the Rakghoul event, and thus couldn't get Lokin. Their answer? Well, you can get it next month.

January, they went to patch Chapter X, broke something and had the servers down just about all day.

I took a month off after that one, and switched to another MMO that I'm playing for February, and in March, we have this steaming pile.

It's never ending. I was just as irked last month when I took the day off to play and couldn't due to the serves being off until prime time. Also upsets me that they still haven't fixed end game graphical that've been broken over a month. Shows what they really care about. This story is only once a month if it isn't delayed and the story is very short 1 hour tops to last month being around 15-30 minutes of scripted events. The only reason I subscribe still is for the sheer fact of raiding with friends I've known now for 3 years. It's much cheaper than the alternative of using ops passes. I figure this is just a bonus to subscribing.

Please god after you fix his naked, weaponless douchebaggery antics in the swamps, let me kill the ****. Or even better let me shoot him in the face in the first conversation! At least then I'd not have to spend my time trying to find a fix for a companion I hate and will no doubt turn out to be one I can't do anything but have in my Alliance anyway.

Correct. For some users, resetting the phase/Mission seems to address the lack of clothing and the Vantage Point issue.

-eric

That also requires starting the whole chapter from the beginning. After 4 resets and then running into the unclickable console for the force fields, not logging back in until the bug fixes come out is looking like a viable option.

Edited by rklontz

Also when I have not found Aric, I have returned on Odessen. Now I cannot continue 11 chapter, launcher write, that I have not necessary followers for it. Buttons RESET and ABANDON for mission are blocked. I cannot return to 11 part(

Hey folks,

We are looking into why some players can't talk to Jorgan at Vantage Point. We will pass on information as we have it, thanks!

-eric

So, got to the Vantage point, he never followed me, nor was he standing there when I got there. So I exited the area so I could try and reset the quest, but I can't even do that. Reset button is greyed out and when I try to launch the chapter again, I can't because it says the required companion is unavailable.

Every time you release broken stuff like this, my monthly sub fee should get refunded. This is beyond absurd at this point. Every piece of "content" you put out is completely broken.

It's all classes I think. You need to reset the quest from the start after leaving the phase unfortunately annoying but it's worked for a bunch of people.

I believe this bug has been hiding and present all the way since KOTFE's launch, but only surfaces under certain circumstances. Ever since I acquired Major Pierce last autumn in KOTFE I was unable to place him in my strongholds as decoration cause his model would be naked. I later learned that same goes for every single companion model that used to be a class-specific companion, such as Xalek, Talos Drellik, and Qyzen Fess. All naked in the stronghold.

Recently I found out that he reacquired clothes if I placed him, left and returned. I thought devs had done something. But I guess not.

Please god after you fix his naked, weaponless douchebaggery antics in the swamps, let me kill the ****.

What made me laugh even more was when he said "check my six" then goes down in sniper position facing away from you and gives a good look at his furry butt.

Edited by Karkais

So, got to the Vantage point, he never followed me, nor was he standing there when I got there. So I exited the area so I could try and reset the quest, but I can't even do that. Reset button is greyed out and when I try to launch the chapter again, I can't because it says the required companion is unavailable.

Every time you release broken stuff like this, my monthly sub fee should get refunded. This is beyond absurd at this point. Every piece of "content" you put out is completely broken.

yeah i mean they should catch this stuff before releasing any of this **** i would fired their private testers for the game lol

Hey everyone, I've been seeing this posted all over Zakuul gen chat and it has happend to myself. Once getting to the vantage point Aric Jorgan is no where to be found nor is your companion or can you summon him. I've tried resetting the phase, logging in and out. It doesn't help. Anyone have any ideas?

A potential fix that worked for me and others in the post:

Leave the instance you are in and reset the phase by clicking your portrait and then the quest from your mission log. Unfortunately you'll have to start over from the start of the story but Jorgan will no longer be naked and he will join you as a companion after the first part of the quest, thus allowing you to advance through the story.

If Aric appears naked and you're just reading this reset the mission entirely. I'm hearing that works too so you don't waste your time traveling across the swamps to have to start over.

Also if you're having problems resetting the quest outside of an instanced area try logging in and out, some have said that helps in other posts.

doesnt work

• 8 months later...
Eh that explain a lot, well then, i would like to inform that bug is alive and its doing well. Jedi Knight Sentinel Story, the story of Aric Jorgan who never show up. Also in chapter before X i also didnt have the companion, is that normal?

@UP

So are you goin to do something about MAIN STORY LINE so ppl who have resuscribed dont feel like cheated? That was mostly the main reason why so many of us have return, and you are **** around again? Since friday i cant contact a single person who would do her job, and my tickets are being closed, that so unrespectful to me since i ASK FOR CONTACT.

I have the same issue. He won`t show up no matter how many times i reset the story, the phase, anything.

I`ve tried different approaches at this story, i`ve done everything that people here suggested but still no results.

I even tried dismissing Theron before the fight once we meet Havoc Squad, but no matter what i do Aric wont show up as my companion after we split up, nor he shows up once i enter the phase for Vantage Point, clear the patrol, clear all the mobs and go to the quest marker.

I have no idea what else to try, and its getting pretty annoying. This is my first character, i just got into SWTOR in the late September, i resubbed today after a pause, but now i cant continue playing my main character cause of this.

my wife has exact same issue with her sith warrior and not getting Jorgan after numerous resetting and replaying hoping to get aric so she can continue the story. My wife is currently so damn angry about it that she currently refuses to play until it is fixed.

I myself am stuck with my smuggler in Chapter VII of KOTFE where I supposed to get Senya, but not appearing which both are basically showstoppers as you cannot advance..

FINALLY!!!!!!

This worked out for me: I was so depressed that i couldn`t continue with chapter XI, that I decided "**** it, gonna play new expansion" and so I click on the Grant Mission for the new chapter I, and it removes my chapter XI from the quests... And it gives me a warning that everything will change if I start the mission... and i`m like okay lets try this > I accept the chapter XI quest again, and go in to give it a one last try before I say goodbye to the story, but guess what, now Aric Jorgan appeared after that fight with Walkers as my companion...

I hope this helps anyone, it did work for me.

FINALLY!!!!!!

This worked out for me: I was so depressed that i couldn`t continue with chapter XI, that I decided "**** it, gonna play new expansion" and so I click on the Grant Mission for the new chapter I, and it removes my chapter XI from the quests... And it gives me a warning that everything will change if I start the mission... and i`m like okay lets try this > I accept the chapter XI quest again, and go in to give it a one last try before I say goodbye to the story, but guess what, now Aric Jorgan appeared after that fight with Walkers as my companion...

This worked for me and my wife as well where she was in Chapter XI and I was in Chapter VII.

• 2 months later...
FINALLY!!!!!!

What did you do precisely to rectify this? I tried to replicate the solution to no avail. I have both Chapter I and Chapter XI in my quest log at the moment, and I can't abandon Chapter I.

What I did was: click "play" on Chapter I -> Click play on Chapter XI and try to speak to Aric Jorgan. I tried doing this both by resetting and not resetting that particular phase of the quest before entering again.

Can't seem to continue the story like this. =/

What did you do precisely to rectify this? I tried to replicate the solution to no avail. I have both Chapter I and Chapter XI in my quest log at the moment, and I can't abandon Chapter I.

Can't seem to continue the story like this. =/

Considered finishing chapter 1 ? you may have to reset chapter 11 after, otherwise submit a ticket and CS should be able to assist

Edited by OwenBrooks