The state of Jung Ma

HaoZhao

7 people on Jung Ma's imperial fleet as of this post

115 people on Ebon Hawk's imperial fleet as of this post

I think it's safe to say that the bargain bin server transfers did their job and killed the server very efficiently. We used to have over 100 people on fleet at prime time, but now we're lucky to get 50. If BioWare is doing server merges, the time to speak up is now. Nightmare Squadron is moving to Shadowlands, and if you want to stop the immediate bleeding, we need to hear something about a plan now.

I think at the very least, we should know how long we're going to have to wait on this dead server for any action. If we had some public details about server merges, maybe people who are currently getting ready to leave might decide to stay and wait. In its current state, it's hard to even get tactical flashpoints to pop right now. If something isn't done, the server is going to be almost a single-player game in a few months.

I think it's safe to say that the bargain bin server transfers did their job and killed the server very efficiently. We used to have over 100 people on fleet at prime time, but now we're lucky to get 50. If BioWare is doing server merges, the time to speak up is now. Nightmare Squadron is moving to Shadowlands, and if you want to stop the immediate bleeding, we need to hear something about a plan now.

I think at the very least, we should know how long we're going to have to wait on this dead server for any action. If we had some public details about server merges, maybe people who are currently getting ready to leave might decide to stay and wait. In its current state, it's hard to even get tactical flashpoints to pop right now. If something isn't done, the server is going to be almost a single-player game in a few months.

So the rumor is true then. Your guild will be greatly missed by us at Clan Naor. You guys are one of the very few truly worthy adversaries in WZ that don't use cheesy pre-mades. I can't tell you how tired I get of fighting a certain guild that won't be named who refuses to war zone without 2 healers on their side...

Have fun dominating the WZ in Shadowlands!

RIP Nightmare Squadron ):

<3 Shadowlyn, if you ever read this xD

Anywho, just for kickers, JM is dying but with expected mergers coming back, I hope to see you chaps back on Jung Ma :D

The state of Jung Ma has always from what I have experienced and collected (from forums of different servers) been Sacred enough to hold a tight community of Roleplayers as also stated by Luniara, another former JM Veteran who has moved. Click here for that discussion.

With server mergers in the minds of all people, even those in Pot5 (See discussion here) are very hopeful for the old ways of things to return, wit the advantage of new upgrades. [Not all agree on what those may be]

Alpha Company, CIA, <New Era> and Dread Imperium are just a few of the several guilds trying to help keep events up. Clan Desh'ar is holding tournaments! We are all preparing for the inevitable Server-merging.

Lets help establish an order so that when the time comes, the Mega Server can have less chaos and more organization. [ Jung Ma with its fragile population is rather good at troll-control]

And Nightmare Squadron, good luck on all your efforts :) Who will you be handing Tatooine over to? lol

Edited by ChidoriOokami

I might look like an idiot in a couple weeks or whatever when they roll out the new changes, etc, but if you guys are indeed leaving and it doesn't become a moot point that's a bummer. Never personally reached out, but enjoyed random WZs from time to time. Best of luck wherever you wind up!

I think the free cc last week pretty much sealed it for most players. As of now I'm completely transitioned over to Ebon Hawk. All 18 toons.. I've been fortunate to see a few familiar faces on my be home including Kate and hollyhox which warmed my heart. I'm not going to advocate that players abandon jung ma, but the writing is pretty much on the wall. I hope to see everyone around as players get scattered across the universe.

With mega servers on the way with 4.3, save the CC's. seems totally pointless to worry about transferring now when server transfers will be rendered moot.

There are no mega servers. Let me clear something up for everyone. In 4.3, all servers are going to become the same. They are not going to be merged. Every server is going to have a dedicated PVP and PVE instance. Jung Ma and Ebon Hawk are going to be functionally the same, except Ebon Hawk has 15 times as many players as Jung Ma does.

You can go to the 4.3 PTS now and see the divided instances for yourself.

There are no mega servers. Let me clear something up for everyone. In 4.3, all servers are going to become the same. They are not going to be merged. Every server is going to have a dedicated PVP and PVE instance. Jung Ma and Ebon Hawk are going to be functionally the same, except Ebon Hawk has 15 times as many players as Jung Ma does.

You can go to the 4.3 PTS now and see the divided instances for yourself.

Hm I dont see how that will solve anything xD I dont think dedicated playstyle on servers are the reasons for why people transfer ;o they just transfer because of the root problem of low population (PvPers prefer high pop) RP-PvPers dont really mind pop numbers.

Edited by ChidoriOokami

Hm I dont see how that will solve anything xD I dont think dedicated playstyle on servers are the reasons for why people transfer ;o they just transfer because of the root problem of low population (PvPers prefer high pop) RP-PvPers dont really mind pop numbers.

The reason why people don't like low populations is that it directly affects their access to in-game content. If there are are only 3 people in the warzone queue in my faction, then I can't play warzones. If there are only 3 people in the queue for operations, then I can't play operations. Low population makes that content by appointment only, and that's where Jung Ma is now. Operations pop if your guild organizes a completely group for them, and warzones only pop at select hours during the day. This isn't a problem on other servers.

You say "RP-PVPers" don't mind the numbers, but we've lost half of the server in the past year, including entire RP guilds. Even in the case of people who strictly want to RP, there's no reason to stay on Jung Ma over Ebon Hawk. On Ebon Hawk, there's multiple trooper guilds the size of Alpha Company, dozens of Sith guilds, dozens of Jedi guilds, and pretty much every other dedicated RP theme you can think of.

You can keep feeding me the slogans like "these three guilds are running events once or twice a week," but your argument has failed to be persuasive. If all three active Jung Ma guilds run an hour long event, twice a week, that leaves 696 hours in a 30 day month where nothing is happening on the server. Alpha Company running patrols on empty planets isn't enough. When 4.3 drops, it's not going to be a thing at all, because people who don't want to encounter them shall use the PVE instances and they'll spend their events talking to themselves. Any other guild's events can only end up the same way over time.

The writing is on the wall. The server is done.

Edited by HaoZhao

The reason why people don't like low populations is that it directly affects their access to in-game content. If there are are only 3 people in the warzone queue in my faction, then I can't play warzones. If there are only 3 people in the queue for operations, then I can't play operations. Low population makes that content by appointment only, and that's where Jung Ma is now. Operations pop if your guild organizes a completely group for them, and warzones only pop at select hours during the day. This isn't a problem on other servers.

You say "RP-PVPers" don't mind the numbers, but we've lost half of the server in the past year, including entire RP guilds. Even in the case of people who strictly want to RP, there's no reason to stay on Jung Ma over Ebon Hawk. On Ebon Hawk, there's multiple trooper guilds the size of Alpha Company, dozens of Sith guilds, dozens of Jedi guilds, and pretty much every other dedicated RP theme you can think of.

You can keep feeding me the slogans like "these three guilds are running events once or twice a week," but your argument has failed to be persuasive. If all three active Jung Ma guilds run an hour long event, twice a week, that leaves 714 hours in a 30 day month where nothing is happening on the server. Alpha Company running patrols on empty planets isn't enough. When 4.3 drops, it's not going to be a thing at all, because people who don't want to encounter them shall use the PVE instances and they'll spend their events talking to themselves. Any other guild's events can only end up the same way over time.

The writing is on the wall. The server is done.

You have made your point very clear. lol But there has to be a reason why they decided to keep all the servers still despite populations and despite no "megaservers" being made. It seems to be a waste of their resources to keep up all the servers.

By the way in-game-content does not strictly mean WZs and OPS -- there is also the aspect of the actual storylines and Roleplay (low to high levels)

As Luniara stated, though she and many others moved, she would also think of Jung Ma as a tight knit community of different players, especially RPers and RP-PvPers. Population matters most for WZs and PvP contests, maybe OPS too but other than that, the ones that stay here more or less agree the environment is most welcoming due to pop size, and playstyle.

Server is done for you, but not for people choosing to stay ;o

BW will either delete this server, or merge it. It's only logical.

Edited by ChidoriOokami

As Luniara stated, though she and many others moved, she would also think of Jung Ma as a tight knit community of different players, especially RPers and RP-PvPers.

These screen shots were taken 5 minutes ago as of this post on Jung Ma.

http://assets.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/users/15318474/pics/full/3565483.jpg

http://assets.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/users/15318474/pics/full/3565482.jpg

Edited by dobidon

There's only 16 people on your server? And they all are in a cantina?

Can't tell if you're trying to troll or asking a serious question... I'm going to go against my better judgement and say it's a question...

At that time of the day there were 25 imps and a little over 20 pubs on Nar Shaddaa. Yes, we are a very small server with roughly 500 or so people total on the imp side (if /search function is to be believed) at the more populated time of tjhe day (between 12am and 4am EST)

IDK how many average the pub side, seeing as most our WZs end up being imp vs imp I'm inclined to believe there are very few pubs.

These screen shots were taken 5 minutes ago as of this post on Jung Ma.

http://assets.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/users/15318474/pics/full/3565483.jpg

http://assets.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/users/15318474/pics/full/3565482.jpg

So it is confimed! :) lol

Haha yeah like so many people on my friendllist in-game can normally be found on Nar Shaddaa xD That cantina somehow became story and RP HQ. When I've been there it has mostly been Imperials lol

With all due respect, one or two of you are using a single piece of the feedback I gave regarding JungMa rather than EVERYTHING I had said. You picked the single positive thing and left everything else. It makes it appear as if you're using my "reputation" to promote the "JM4E" threads. Of course, I'm flattered, but take everything I said...not just "Luni promotes it! *thumbs up*". The server is a HUGE concern in SWTOR. It's not something to be blind about.

My thoughts on Jung Ma still stand and I was hesitating saying anything until this was brought to my attention.

I really hope whatever this server situation coming along will help you guys out. I don't believe it's a merge, but I hope it helps you. I understand if any of this wasn't your intention, but the feedback I'm getting has made people think otherwise to the point where I got asked "You're coming back to JM".

Also...nice to see you all. Sorry it has to be in this fashion. *Bow*

Edited by Luniara

I encouraged everyone to read your post Luniara ;o and I think everyone agrees on your points on population as well as the negative(but valid) point, but choose not to focus on the latter lol with the announcement of the 4.3 updates, it seems very mysterious as to what BW plans to do in the future.

The PvP on/off flag will help players alot when they don't want to be bothered by others when they either dont want to PvP at the moment, or just rather not PvP at all. But for a server like JM which an "RP-PvP and PvE " kind of server...it seems the only thing left to do is for people is to either stay for the RP community, or move to another more populated server..

I know someone once pointed out in megaserver thread that even though eric said there would be no merge or megaserver...the 4.3 update seems like perfect preparation for one. Some agree with that and some do not ;o

As for me, I'm just such a hugely curious person xD So i wonder why BW doesn't just merge or shut down smaller servers. [The complaints pile up, and doesn't it use up some of their resources to keep all the servers online? Save some money they get from removing/merging a server and maybe use it for more game content]

Edited by ChidoriOokami