The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Scammed, Ripped off, and mislead... WTH Cartel Market?!

Phaedruss

But someone who spends $500 on packs should not be left feeling cheated. They should feel rewarded and encouraged to spend even more. It's common sense.

Here's your chance to hit them where they live, then: stop buying pack with purchased CC (and stop purchasing CC). If you are not willing to do that, why should they care?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood people ************ about this. The saber is a rare, super rare, uber rare, slightly rare, whatever, point is, it's rare. This means you have a small chance to get it.

Even if you bought 100 hypercrates, you STILL don't have a 100% chance to get the item(s) you really want. There are items I've REALLY wanted and opened a few packs. Never ever received the item. Some packs I get what I wanted on the first opening.

It's all RNG, RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR.

Unless you're praying to a god or sacrifising small woodland creatures, and even then I wouldn't hold your breath, there's no guarantee you'll get what you want.

Besides.....the saber is kind of meh. If I got one, I'd sell it. I could use the monies.

TLDR: Bioware's not scamming you. You know the packs ARE a gamble. Just you actually get SOMETHING from it instead of lose it all and get nothing at all.

I'm well aware its RNG...

And I do not have a gambling addiction...

Pretty sure i covered this in the original post.

The reason I feel cheated:

1.) On my server the saber goes for upward of 100mil. (sorry im not gonna sell enough of the junk to make that.)

2.) the reason its going for 100mil is that its the rarest item to hit the CM. (and my server has bad populations)

3.) Chance cubes even further reduce the drop rate.

4.) in order to get any of the stuff, i have to roll on chance cubes.

5.) double chance cubes.

6.) I had just returned from a break, and nothing about this was posted in the in game CM with warnings or anything about how unhappy the player base is with the changes. Or about how the chance cubes work, etc...

As I also stated, never before have i felt ripped off or scammed from the CM. So doing intense research on drop rates has never been an issue. As a returning costumer, a couple month break, I was caught completely off guard with these packs and there was really no indication whatsoever that maybe i should hold off for a while...

Multiple upon multiple reasons that this comes out looking scammy.

This is not how you treat loyal customers. PERIOD.

There is no excuse for this or justification whatsoever...

Edited by Phaedruss

I can think of more creative ways to waste half a grand...

Sorry you don't make bank to sit in in the middle of nowhere haha ><

I literally spend no money at all, because there is nothing to spend my money on. It's winter so im stuck in a cabin...

What else am i going to do?! Plus the amount i throw down when a new pack comes out is nothing compared to what i actually save.. It works for me.

The reason I feel cheated:

1.) On my server the saber goes for upward of 100mil. (sorry im not gonna sell enough of the junk to make that.)

This is not how you treat loyal customers. PERIOD.

There is no excuse for this or justification whatsoever...

You should move...moving characters is only 90cc...an absolute pittance to someone like you who drops $200-$500 on CC ea. pack. On Harbinger, you can get it for close to 30mil last I knew...on top of that, you could have sold your chance cubes for no less than 300k ea.

There IS an excuse for this though...they are a business trying to get YOU to spend as much $ as possible on the cartel fluff stuff. They succeeded wildly with this pack judging by your investment.

You should move...moving characters is only 90cc...an absolute pittance to someone like you who drops $200-$500 on CC ea. pack. On Harbinger, you can get it for close to 30mil last I knew...on top of that, you could have sold your chance cubes for no less than 300k ea.

There IS an excuse for this though...they are a business trying to get YOU to spend as much $ as possible on the cartel fluff stuff. They succeeded wildly with this pack judging by your investment.

I own my guild with a flagship and fully decorated Yavin HQ.

Until they make it so you can transfer a guild and its belongings (something they claimed to be looking into back before the expac) I refuse to transfer. I seriously thought they were going to put more attention towards some of the server population problems a while back... it has yet to be discussed further.

And they succeeded because of how much i enjoyed the previous packs...

Not by screwing me over with this new pack.

Edited by Phaedruss

I own my guild with a flagship and fully decorated Yavin HQ.

Until they make it so you can transfer a guild and its belongings (something they claimed to be looking into back before the expac) I refuse to transfer. I seriously thought they were going to put more attention towards some of the server population problems a while back... it has yet to be discussed further.

I didn't say to stay...move one when something comes up that you want...you're the one staying on a dead server...suck it up or come up with alternatives.

I didn't say to stay...move one when something comes up that you want...you're the one staying on a dead server...suck it up or come up with alternatives.

How do you think I do my shopping?! *facepalm*

I've been doing that for a while now to shop for over priced items...

It's not a solution IMO...

Sorry you don't make bank to sit in in the middle of nowhere haha ><

I literally spend no money at all, because there is nothing to spend my money on. It's winter so im stuck in a cabin...

What else am i going to do?! Plus the amount i throw down when a new pack comes out is nothing compared to what i actually save.. It works for me.

As your self-appointed anonymous internet financial adviser:

Save and invest more. Then your future will include less winters stuck in a cabin in the middle of nowhere spending hundreds of $ on little pixel thingies that you won't care about or remember this time next year.

Edited by Joesixxpack

As your self-appointed anonymous internet financial adviser:

Save and invest more. Then your future will include less winters stuck in a cabin in the middle of nowhere spending hundreds of $ on little pixel thingies that you won't care about or remember this time next year.

Why would I ever wanna give up an easy 150 grand a year?! :p

How do you think I do my shopping?! *facepalm*

I've been doing that for a while now to shop for over priced items...

It's not a solution IMO...

I agree. Moving is your only "solution". POT5 is dead, Bioware doesn't care. I left a fully unlocked guild ship there myself...we were the 2nd unlocked one on the server. Stop punishing yourself...you give Bioware more than enough $...time to enjoy the game...leave that dead server.

Yeap -- the only way to rein in the increasingly drastic risk/reward exchange on the Packs is for enough people to stop buying them. As long as people are willing to pay, Bioware will continue to sell.

Frankly, if I could sell bundles of junk and used stuff for real cash, I'd do it. When the junk and used stuff is digital and there are infinite copies, why would Bioware stop selling as long as people are buying?

I agree. Moving is your only "solution". POT5 is dead, Bioware doesn't care. I left a fully unlocked guild ship there myself...we were the 2nd unlocked one on the server. Stop punishing yourself...you give Bioware more than enough $...time to enjoy the game...leave that dead server.

I've been telling myself that for a while...

Now, I'm almost done with BioWare 100%

I've been telling myself that for a while...

Now, I'm almost done with BioWare 100%

I understand your angst...I had it too...but my guild and I moved this past summer from POT5 to Harb...it's been game changing! We went from 43 people on Pub Fleet to a guild that had 48 PEOPLE online...that's no longer the case of course, but it's 1000x's better than POT5 imo.

Again, I understand the difficulty...I've left 2 toons behind just "cuz"...but the toons I did move, I couldn't be happier with.

I read "scammed" "rippied off" and "mislead" in the topic yet failed to see one example of any of that.

What was the point of this topic exactly? Another "I didn't get what I wanted so I'll cry about it" thread disguised with hyperbole of how Bioware are running some sort of "scam". Pfft.

One point to note with the cubes is it only replaced the bronze crap so you ridiculous amount of money spent you only missed out on bronze items that they aren't making any more ( for whatever reason - we can speculate but my monies on less staff available to get the content out ).

It had no effect on you getting any of the actual new items in the pack.

I guess they could remove it but then you would just end up with even more duplicates of the items that are currently in the pack ( again, there are no other new items so lets not pretend there are or wish there was ) and they would be even more worthless. It's not going to give you any better shot of rolling that gold item ideally.