Underlurker...need rework/nerf ?

Boss like Underlurker, Storm Squadron, Colonel Vorgath, Gate Commander Draxus and Brontes are needed in this game in SM as check for progression for toward HM. Without those harder SM fight, there is a even bigger gap between SM and HM for those that make the progression. They introduce things that are needed to learn so that you got at least a basic understanding of potential mechanics and checks in the HM operations. I've saw pug group fail a few times since 4.0 in all those fights

Storm Squadron is a big test of avoidable aoe damage (don't Stand in Stupid) and tank aggro. If you keep taking avoidable damage as a group by standing in the aoe, you will wipe. If the tank can't keep aggro, odds are very good that the group will also wipe.

Underlurker is a positionning and damage spreading test. If you can spread damage between adds and the boss and follow the movement mechanics, there is no big dps or heal check in that fight.

Colonel Vorgath is a dps and interrupt check. The dps need to be high enough to kill the Droid and people need to interrupt it. If the dps is too low and they don't interrupt, no mather how good the heals, people will die in the minefield.

Gate Commander Draxus is a kill order and kill timing fight. If you don't kill the right thing at the right time, the group will wipe. Having Draxus down for wave 6 and 7 didn't go well with those 2 pug groups.

Brontes is a test of just about any type of mechanics in the game, you got interrupt (kephess aoe attack), avoidable aoe damage (purple circles from Brontes), cleanse (Nanite from Kephess), positioning (Don't stand in those lightning instant kill attack), tank aggro, kill order and timing (Don't dps Brontes under 54% if Kephess is about to appear), dps check and healing check (when the finger and hands are back). I'm a raid group leader and if the group or a specific player isn't able to get through Brontes, I don't bring them in HM operations harder than EV and KP.

Killed Underlurker SM yesterday random whithout any problems. I were standing outside with my marauder facing the boss during rage storm - many classes have helpful cd's for not-taking/reducing this damage (e.g. Marauder, PT, Merc, Jugg, Sin, Sniper... just poor Sorcs will die). The damage incoming seems to be reduced by 4.0, lifepoints of adds and boss are the same as before the update.

I'm missing the pre-4.0-era, when Underlurker was a real challenge for pugs. Today it's just a face roll. Maybe it's doable with 4 persons?

Edited by Exocor

Boss like Underlurker, Storm Squadron, Colonel Vorgath, Gate Commander Draxus and Brontes are needed in this game in SM as check for progression for toward HM. Without those harder SM fight, there is a even bigger gap between SM and HM for those that make the progression. They introduce things that are needed to learn so that you got at least a basic understanding of potential mechanics and checks in the HM operations. I've saw pug group fail a few times since 4.0 in all those fights

While a lot of the comments about the OP needing to Lrn2Play / get better pugs / etc are all on point, I think this quotation provides the essential context for the previous assertions. SM players need to learn mechanics, rotations, etc if the game is to provide a transition from SM to HM. That necessitates that some people will found out the hard way that they're not good enough. Reality sucks sometimes :( Given that there are only a few bosses like this, it sounds like it's working as intended.

I think ludoviccb hit the nail quite squarely on the head. The Brontes fight is my favourite in any op (and not just because of her sexy, sexy voice). There's just so much to do, and everybody's gotta know some basic mechanics - it's a wonderful basic skill check.

My guild isn't quite end-game raiding. We can clear HM KP with hardly a second thought, but haven't yet tried HM DF (much to my continued disappointment - Dread ops Best ops). We struggle more on Master Blaster and Sword Squadron than Underlurker when running Rav and ToS in SM.

Killed Underlurker SM yesterday random whithout any problems. I were standing outside with my marauder facing the boss during rage storm - many classes have helpful cd's for not-taking/reducing this damage (e.g. Marauder, PT, Merc, Jugg, Sin, Sniper... just poor Sorcs will die). The damage incoming seems to be reduced by 4.0, lifepoints of adds and boss are the same as before the update.

I'm missing the pre-4.0-era, when Underlurker was a real challenge for pugs. Today it's just a face roll. Maybe it's doable with 4 persons?

Underlurker was doable with 4 players in 3.0 version, before any nerf. Since then adds hp got huge nerf and now we have bolster in SM. Cross no longer one-shot. I seriously cant find a reason why any group cant kill UL. Its serious l2p issue.

Camp me I'm famous killed SM Lurker with 4 man. Walkers as well. Yes not everyday folks can do this but still, how hard can this be? Anyway as long as people stand in the cross it will be green. No matter where you are in the cross as long as you in it, it will be green. My opinion about this is: huge nerf already.

Walkers:

Lurker:

If majority of the pugs can't clear it, it needs a nerf. Hard cold uncomfortable truth.

The OP is incredibly bad, I haven't been in a 4.0 GF pug that's wiped on a single boss, not underlurker not master blaster, nothing. And I play in a RP server. 99% of pugs can clear SM, the dps checks are beatable by literally using basic attacks. You can tell by the almost incomprehensible grammar, this person is part of the 1% that need a "I'm special" Sticker.

Camp me I'm famous killed SM Lurker with 4 man. Walkers as well. Yes not everyday folks can do this but still, how hard can this be? Anyway as long as people stand in the cross it will be green. No matter where you are in the cross as long as you in it, it will be green. My opinion about this is: huge nerf already.

Walkers:

Lurker:

Wow, you're so damn leet. One day I hope I can be just like you.