Why so BIG, Bioware?

Wraiven

Lightsabers and Double Bladed Lightsabers are so HUGE with all these new ones you guys are making. They look so big they look like toys rather than weapons. Are you guys making them so large like this on purpose or is there something going wrong with the coding? It's a shame too, because they have really nice designs, they are just extremely big...it looks funny and makes me giggle when I see a player holding their gigantic lightsaber like that.

partially it is about being able to actually see the darn thing. If they make them small, its impossible to see any detail and visual design at all. They realized this even in the movies where you needed multiple hilts of varying sizes. Some were small so could actually be held, others larger and bulkier for closeups and more visual effects.

here, in order to see any detail there needs to be a minimum number of pixels before you can even see the thing. More detail, more pixels = larger size.

The double bladed sabers are absolutely awful. Every single one created since like the second year of the game hangs down to your ankles when holstered. Partially because they're oversized, but also because they changed the holster point for some reason (which I really wish they'd fix!)...Older double bladed sabers were holstered around the middle of the hilt, the new ones are slung at the very end making them hang even lower and making the newer oversized ones look even more ridiculous!

As ive said in multiple threads where this is asked, I cant help but to wonder if they are trying to digitally compensate for something by making hilts as long as your thigh/thick as a pringles can... :p

The "Its bigger so you can see it better" idea makes it even -more- hilarious Doh :D

partially it is about being able to actually see the darn thing. If they make them small, its impossible to see any detail and visual design at all. They realized this even in the movies where you needed multiple hilts of varying sizes. Some were small so could actually be held, others larger and bulkier for closeups and more visual effects.

here, in order to see any detail there needs to be a minimum number of pixels before you can even see the thing. More detail, more pixels = larger size.

Well the least they could do is make a few small ones along with some large ones rather than all being massive. I just can't bring myself to use any of the new ones because they look ridiculous.

Some of the small ones looked perfectly fine in my opinion and had some nice detail.

I never had any issues at all seeing my old school lightsaber. So I can't say I follow your reasoning.

TOR takes place 3,600 years before the movies. In that intervening time, components have gotten smaller, just like cell phones from the 1980's were so much larger than their modern-day counterparts. ;)

I thought TOR takes place 2700 years before the movies do...

That aside cell phones were a new technology back then compared to light sabers which has been around for 1000s of years... and if you look at the design of guns and lights sabers in the movies, there rather bland compared to TOR.