Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why aren't any companions dead or within Zakuul's forces?

jediknightmiles

I am pretty sure they won't kill off any companions without giving you the option to recruit them (Tanno Vik will probably be recruitable later). As for working inside of Zakuul, not sure who that would be in character for, given that pretty much no one supported the Emperor, much less his son.

I am pretty sure they won't kill off any companions without giving you the option to recruit them (Tanno Vik will probably be recruitable later). As for working inside of Zakuul, not sure who that would be in character for, given that pretty much no one supported the Emperor, much less his son.

He won't be for everyone...

Edited by Kallaes

He won't be for everyone...

Well, yeah, if you killed him off, he won't be recruitable later. Same with any of the others like Xalek that you can choose to kill off. I was just saying that they won't have any comps that are killed off no matter what, because...yeah, can you IMAGINE the reactions if someone permanently lost one of their companions with absolutely no way to get them back, through no fault of their own but playing the new expansion?

It would be realistic for at least SOME of the companions to be found dead or within Zakuul's faction. For an example, I would expect Scourge to be dead or Khem and Skadge or someone similar to be within Zakuul's faction. Will we be seeing any of this?

Obviously not ALL former companions are recruitable/will return to you - See Tanno Vik as the current example (although we could see Tanno later).

Scorpio weaves herself into Zakuulan society

(or better put its underworld) as the Lady of Sorrows

and based on what we see in cut scenes she did "work for" the Eternal Empire at some point

But for a notorious/nefarious former companion (like the ones you suggest) actually being an outright enemy that you have to defeat, I do not see that happening.

Skadge is a criminal, and he would never work for a government like Zakuul

Khem is a curbed beast, and without his master keeping him under control I could see him rampaging through Zakuul with all the force-sensitives.

Scourge is a Sith but one with a semblance of honor, and he does what he does in the 1-50 story because he knows the Sith Emperor has to be stopped. If/when he ever found out that Valkorian is Vitiate (and he probably would the minute they came into proximity (as Marr and any force user PC did)) he would do anything to defeat him and his family therefore he would not join the Eternal Empire.

Gault and Andronikos might weave their way into the underbelly of Zakuul like Scorpio but I do not see them working for the Eternal Empire.

More naive companions like Mako or Nadia could be converted but they would more likely be citizens of Zakuul - not working for nor against the Eternal Empire.

i wouldn't expect to ever see tanno vik as a future companion, his VA is dead so unless you want a different voice (which people will majorly complain about). what you saw of him will most likely be the last.

He's actually already had a different voice. Ever since Hutt Cartel, he's been voiced by Fred Tatasciore, aka Saren from Mass Effect.

I can totally see Quinn jumping ship

Yeah no, he even stated part of the reason he supported Baras was because he thought he would improve the Empire. Quinn wouldnt work for Zakuul.

Ah, no wonder I kept hearing an undertone of hypocrisy and stupidity.

Lol +5

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Because there are no companions who would be even remotely interested in joining up with Zakuul.

After all, their troops cut through armies of Jedi, Sith and military on both sides prior to Chapter 1, and then they "killed" you, the person they respected greatly.

It is much more likely that all of them would either help their factions to resist, or to support some resistance movements.

Yeah no, he even stated part of the reason he supported Baras was because he thought he would improve the Empire. Quinn wouldnt work for Zakuul.

Lol +5

No Quinn didn't. Quinn pick Baras over the Wrath because Baras looked out for his career. Quinn is nothing more than boot lick. He will side with anyone that gives a better title.

On Balmorra he talks about how his career was going now where because of the crazy moff. When he betrays you he tells you its because Baras always looked out for him.

Edited by Warrgames

No Quinn didn't. Quinn pick Baras over the Wrath because Baras looked out for his career. Quinn is nothing more than boot lick. He will side with anyone that gives a better title.

On Balmorra he talks about how his career was going now where because of the crazy moff. When he betrays you he tells you its because Baras always looked out for him.

I think Quinn's loyalty is more to the Wrath than the Empire after the incident with him betraying him/her. I think Quinn would side with the faction that gave him the best chance at a life in KOTFE, but I think if he saw Wrath, he would not hesitate to join him/her.

i wouldn't expect to ever see tanno vik as a future companion, his VA is dead so unless you want a different voice (which people will majorly complain about). what you saw of him will most likely be the last.

So... his VA did the voice work for his KOTFE appearance from beyond the grave?

Obviously, they're willing to hire another one for work if deemed necessary, otherwise that entire scene with him on Asylum wouldn't have been possible.

IMAGINE the reactions if someone permanently lost one of their companions with absolutely no way to get them back, through no fault of their own but playing the new expansion?

If Qyzen was murdered before my sweet, pacifistic Consular's eyes, she'd ...

... become like Anakin in the Sand People village

and ...

... they would know how Darth Maul felt at the end of his saber duel with Obi-Wan!

NOBODY messes with "Big Q"!

technically it's hard to know everything about all your companions. Maybe some did get capture or were close to death, maybe some were lucky to run into old friends or maybe they were spared for a bigger plan because again remember the Emperor was in control before your capture, and the way he does things is rather with reason while the other members of the empire are a bit more well unstable.

Just remember the dream he shows you where your companions are fighting against large amounts of Zakuul forces, you continue to run to them in hopes to save them while the Emperor tells you how pointless it is and once you arrive you notice their fate. This is possibly a outcome the Emperor saw and maybe even prevented as you continue to fight against the dream. Remember later on in the story he gives you an offer relating to a certain companion, maybe he extended his powers to protect your companions and future companions until the time is right, it's very hard to say.

To me I like to think that the emperor is doing it, keeping them alive or out of harms way so that he can use the interaction as a way to slowly break us and kneel to his power. I really hope they do build this whole companion gathering to a really epic final fate like Mass Effect 2 did, I really enjoy that feeling of building a large army of heroes only to see them get striked down against overwhelming odds because I was too worried about my mission or my revenge to save them....or even risk everyone for one person...I would definitely sell my whole alliance to protect my Sith Warrior's wife Vette so that when the time is right I could kill her to finally complete my training and become a powerful Sith Lord.

Quinn supported Baras because of Baras' willingness to look out for Quinn, but the companion conversations with Quinn indicate that he is unquestionably loyal to the Empire - the companion conversations you have with him make that abundantly clear, because while his own career being stalled hurts, everything about regret is framed in terms of the lost opportunities and resources for the Empire, not for Quinn himself.

Anything that is a threat to the Empire will be opposed by Quinn, and Zakuul is a threat to the Empire.

If Quinn's loyalty was specifically to the Emperor (think of the Hands, such as the two that the Warrior meets on Quesh during the post-Hoth visit), then I could see a conflict of loyalty, and I would actually expect the Hands to go easily and work for Valkorian. But to a person like Quinn, the Empire would be bigger than one man, even if that man is the Emperor, so he would support the Sith Empire and oppose the Zakuul Empire.

Quinn supported Baras because of Baras' willingness to look out for Quinn, but the companion conversations with Quinn indicate that he is unquestionably loyal to the Empire - the companion conversations you have with him make that abundantly clear, because while his own career being stalled hurts, everything about regret is framed in terms of the lost opportunities and resources for the Empire, not for Quinn himself.

Anything that is a threat to the Empire will be opposed by Quinn, and Zakuul is a threat to the Empire.

If Quinn's loyalty was specifically to the Emperor (think of the Hands, such as the two that the Warrior meets on Quesh during the post-Hoth visit), then I could see a conflict of loyalty, and I would actually expect the Hands to go easily and work for Valkorian. But to a person like Quinn, the Empire would be bigger than one man, even if that man is the Emperor, so he would support the Sith Empire and oppose the Zakuul Empire.

I guess we disagree on Quinn stance. Quinn turn his back on the Empire to side with Baras taking control of the Empire even though Baras tried to kill him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.