Patch 4.1a

TaitWatson

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the information, Tait! I don't understand why Europeans are getting so pissed? I'm a European, and I'm doing just fine. It's one and a half hour. Do something productive till then, take your dog a walk, go shopping, spend time with you family, or go see family members. It's really not that long, barley 1/12 of a day...

Same here. I also live in Europe and can*t understand all the hostility. It's no big deal and I would prefer to see the bugs fixed. People have a severe case of diaper rash and need some ointment..........lol

to the people who are kissing up to Bioware, people are paying a subscription and they have a right to be upset especially when they lost a day of early release time and now this crap. Maybe you and Bioware will understand when people stop paying for subscriptions and stop playing the game, and FYI I've been a subscriber since day 1.

And this is why the world hates you :)

While the person you quoted is certainly not the most graceful of people - and by no means a wordsmith of any sort - stating that the world "hates" Americans is a bit of a stretch. In fact, it's only 15-25 year olds who spend way too much time on the Internet who hate Americans. Ironically enough, it's the 15-25 year old Americans on the Internet who facilitate this hatred.

I guess what we've learned is that people 15-25 are ******es, and you, he, me, and most other people here are no better.

Edited by JudasNevermore

As an American, I work twelve hour shifts at night. So technically, I am on the same time schedule as a European.

I am not upset about the fact Bioware/EA needs to patch the game to reduce or remove bugs that was issued in 4.1 (Which mind you the maintenance was extended!) because it needs to be done. I am, however, upset with the times in which they feel the need to bring down the servers..... They have had all morning to issue this patch and yet they waited until 0900 PACIFIC to bring down the servers.

Good job developers with attempting to fix the bugs with this patch, but shame on you for not picking a sooner time! :D

IT in general is split into categories. Usually the 24x7 comes from application support and not development. Development is usually core business hours and emergencies, and changes (Like yesterdays outage). It depends on the situation where they are engaged.

No, it depends on their contracts. If any developer needs to make changes, chances are said developer has an office hours contract because his work simply does not need to be done during the night.

The very idea of asking for night time development would be flat out refused by about any court in Europe unless the company in question can provide proof of the necessity, such as said development requiring hardware or other prerequisites only being available on certain time tables. It's why we sometimes do development testing until late at night at my place - because we need the same simulator we use in production throughout the day.

But an MMO? Good luck getting that approved.

While the person you quoted is certainly not the most graceful of people - and by means a wordsmith of any sort - stating that the world "hates" Americans is a bit of a stretch. In fact, it's only 15-25 year olds who spend way too much time on the Internet who hate Americans. Ironically enough, it's the 15-25 year old Americans on the Internet who facilitate this hatred.

I guess what we've learned is that people 15-25 are ******es, and you, he, me, and most other people here are no better.

I'm over 25! Yea!

thinking about how most American run MMO's Schedule their maintenance after playing a couple dozen makes perfect sense. They Schedule between 10am-2pm their time. UK time at moment thats around 1pm-5pm.

Most should still be at work in UK at that time & well schools finish at 3:30pm here roughly. It makes perfect sense. Now it's when Unscheduled maintenance after say 6pm in UK it should eat into most peoples prime time playing.

I ain't working at moment. I am Currently unemployed I could moan like hell this downtime scheduling most MMO's use eats into my gaming. But it's put in place to try to avoid most peoples Prime time playing, in Both US & certain EU times. So get over it. Again I from UK & am happy with most MMO's scheduled downtime.

It's when there are unexpected problems that annoy me that eat into my playtime after 6pm & then said MMO don't come back online till like 1am here. LOL.

But again. & I STRESS THIS:

Bugs with Patches are to be expected. They & any other MMO can't get all the bugs on 1st realize of a patch. NO MATTER HOW MUCH TESTING THEY DO. Simply cause the game environment is different slightly to their testing environment. Due to fact that they cannot simulate accurately how patch will react with the amount of players that actually play the game. . It's the way the MMO world works. so get over the moaning about it & accept it.

Only thing I want to know as it popped up 5 mins after I logged in saying 15 mins till servers come down is cause I activated my minor XP boost before that if it will affect my minor XP boost or not or if that will be compensated for due to how quickly they decided to let everyone know about downtime & decision made to do it.

Same diff. An entire "gaming day" was lost for me. So, yes. I do understand. But I didn't lose any sleep over it. It's an MMO, evolving. Stuff happens. There's always tomorrow.

Yeah a entire gaming day was lost for me to and evening so i just don't see the point of complain about lost game day in Europe when it was the same here on east coast :D

Hey folks!

QA has signed off on the patch, and we are going to deploy it as soon as possible. There will be an in-game 15 minute warning at 830 PST (1630 GMT). We don't expect to be down longer than an hour and a half, and may come in shorter than that.

Thanks for the post, Tait. Appreciate it.

Then don't play, I mean really how hard is it. This patch is coming mid day for those of us in America and btw if you haven't noticed, it is an American game. God forbid they work during American work hours.....

What you don't think when Americans play European games we don't suffer when its update time? Get a life, welcome to the real world moron.

While im not personally upset due to the game getting updates/patches, i do think it's pathetic to manage to break major game mechanics almost ever larger update. If it had been an exception rather then the rule, it's one thing - but it really isn't considering their trackrecord. And downtime that comes from that, deserve raised voices imo.

Thats what happens in the "real world" too, when service providers keep failing to deliver the service customers expect. I understand that downtime will upset some ppl for various reasons due to that fact.

What i don't understand and see very often in the "real world", is a customer argue on a service providers behalf - against another customer speaking his piece of mind due to feeling mistreated. I would find that a bit weird =)

to the people who are kissing up to Bioware, people are paying a subscription and they have a right to be upset especially when they lost a day of early release time and now this crap. Maybe you and Bioware will understand when people stop paying for subscriptions and stop playing the game, and FYI I've been a subscriber since day 1.

Noone is kissing Bioware's ***, and i been playing since closed beta started and been a sub for a very long time.

But what you should understand is when you accept their agreement. It clearly states that there will be downtime due to updates, patches and what not, so instead of trying to be a pissed off sub, try to be a supportive one. Because trust me, you can be as pissed off as you want to be, this is how it works with live servers, they do have to bring them down to update them. There is no way yet to deploy reasonable fix to a game's core, without bringing it down.

All you 'muricans just say buhhuh get over it europeans dont cry or something like that.

you are racist, nothing else. Change yourself you make me sick.

Do you know the definition of racism? How is telling someone of a different nationality not to complain being racist?

HEY EURO PLAYERS!!! IT'S AN AMERICAN GAME, GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!!

Our work ours are this time of day, tough, don't like it? don't play, it's a hard concept for you to understand I get it. I find it funny that when Americans are playing a Euro game it doesn't matter. BUT OMG if a Euro player is playing an American game OMG it's a crime if they work during AMERICAN work hours. What are they thinking?!?!?!? NO, they shouldn't be allowed to go home to their families and enjoy their evenings, sheeesh....

Grow up. Don't want to deal with Americans working during American work hours then don't play a damn American game! Otherwise, just shut up and quit your *****in! They are doing their job! You ***** when something goes wrong then you ***** when they are fixing it...

HEY AMERICAN PLAYER!!! Maybe bring it down a notch with the caps lock, thx.

If they actually tested their patches on test servers, they could just push the patch to the American servers and European servers at different times. It doesn't even require them to actually physically be there. It's not exactly quantum mechanics. I'm not asking them to work night shifts or whatever, none of us are. (well ok maybe some are, but they're tards XD)

You really don't know how close I am (and believe me I love this game) but you hit the nail on the head MID DAY FOR AMERICA, when I am sure a large portion of the players are at work or at school not early evening when people are in a p[position to play.

AGAIN, you don't think the US players don't suffer when we are playing an Euro game and it's patch time? It goes both ways. Euro companies work during Euro hours, American companies work during American hours. IS IT REALLY that hard to understand? these folks have families too! So I say again, if you don't like it don't play. It really isn't that hard! Otherwise do like the rest of us and just deal with it! You don't think when BDO comes out we won't be dealing with that crap? But no sense in us complaining about it, because I don't expect Euro companies to work during American work hours. You can either choose to understand the time zone difference or you can't, if you can't you should not be playing MMO's at ALL EVER!