The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Recent update's "loot by level"

ZaichiZ

You mean the same stuff that vendors for thousands of credits? as opposed to hundreds or tens?

Yes please!

You do realize prices will simply go up right?

As I said though, all they need to do is make this a selectable feature instead of forced.

Edited by ZaichiZ

I think you guys are crazy. Now I can actually loot low level mobs, and one of the side effects appears to be that instead of getting crappy low level companion gifts, I now get level appropriate greens to RE and vendor.

They basically increase your credit draw, and people complain. I honestly don't understand how you can be mad at this change. If you want a low level drop *that* bad, go farm it on a level appropriate toon.

You guys smell conspiracy, and I don't think that's actually the case. They changed it so level sync awarded natural level appropriate XP gains, it only makes sense that loot should follow.

Yeah cause we all have level appropriate toons for each planets level range, and we are absolutely guaranteed a rare drop from farming and don't ever have to worry about that process causing us to out level that planet while farming.

Give me a break! This is another feature that should be optional. This change honestly was more for increasing cartel armor sales than to benefit the players.

Edited by Holocron

I'll be glad to receive vendor trash that is worth more, and only getting higher level companion gifts will greatly help reduce my inventory clutter. :)

But I really dislike how they keep removing ways to get the "classic" armor appearances. The old planetary coms vendors . . . flashpoint drops . . . old crafting schematics . . . and now this? On paper it looks like a nice change, but unless they add another way to get all those orange world drops, the negatives may outweigh the positives for many folks. :(

I get what you're saying, but I can't really agree. There's a very real joy in getting these things from a drop.

I started a thread a couple of days ago after I noticed a lot of the orange drops went away, but it was exactly this I missed. I love getting them as drops. I want to hit the little button for food pellets! Give me my reward! :-)

I started a thread a couple of days ago after I noticed a lot of the orange drops went away, but it was exactly this I missed. I love getting them as drops. I want to hit the little button for food pellets! Give me my reward! :-)
I won't deny there was a certain thrill attendant to seeing that purple light emanating from the corpse of a freshly fallen foe. But for a long time now ... and well before KOTFE ... that thrill was so muted as to be instantaneously extinguished by the realization that, regardless what the item might be, I had no use for it at all, aside from a means to acquire a pittance of credits.

Early on, I stockpiled orange drops, thinking I might ... someday ... use them for my own characters or give them to friends. After years of hoarding orange gear, I finally disposed of it all. Bound items were sold to vendors (e.g., my Sorcerer had nine Black Talon robes from his various social and affection runs). Unbound items were sold on the GTN. I won't miss them.

the problem stems from people who want to farm a certin look for their characters, if I like the style of a level 25 chest piece, for example I can't farm it.

Farming low level gear by high levels was seriously nerfed years ago with anti-farming code on any mob worth farming for desirable gear. Basically, they changed it such that you would only get random green trash drops if you were more then 10 levels above the target mob.

Not that some random green trash drops are not great for the appearance tabs.. they actually are. But those are much easier to farm from the GTN for a handful of credits then actually going to a low level planet and farming for them.

The recent update has made it so that only gear etc at your level drop...Basically, even if something is modifiable I can no longer pick up anything that's a lower level than 61 now(So far anyway). (Kinda also defeats part of the purpose of outfit designer too...)

Are you kidding me? Seriously?

The only solution is to make it a selectable feature instead of forced.

I've already opened a ticket up about this, but it's better to get everyone's attention on the matter.

Wait... is THAT why so many mobs are suddenly unlootable in the dailies? We're literally locked out of looting? Is that actually how that's going to work?

What?

Farming low level gear by high levels was seriously nerfed years ago with anti-farming code on any mob worth farming for desirable gear. Basically, they changed it such that you would only get random green trash drops if you were more then 10 levels above the target mob.

Not that some random green trash drops are not great for the appearance tabs.. they actually are. But those are much easier to farm from the GTN for a handful of credits then actually going to a low level planet and farming for them.

I'm not sure this meshes with my personal experience. But it probably depends on the definition of "years ago."

Back "in the day" ... i.e., well before we could get level 8 modable off-hand items for our characters from the Level 8 Equipment Vendor at Fleet, I would farm unbound off-hand items in various low-level Heroics. The most useful was the "Republic's Most Wanted" H2 on Coruscant, because there was a chance to get three useful items from one run: moddable tech shield, moddable force shield, and moddable focus. There were days I'd have a football game on while I farmed that H2, exited the instance, reset the mission, and ran it again ... and again ... and again. I would eventually have to send my Companion off to sell trash, and summon my field mailbox to send items to alts to clear my inventory. I would run it dozens of times in one sitting, usually walking away with several moddable off-hand items, a ton of green and blue drops, and a handful of credits. It's how my cadre of Sages got their foci and each of their Qyzen's got a shield.

I'm not sure when the nerf took effect, but I recall farming the H2 within the past year and still getting moddable drops.

EDIT: I should have mentioned, I was farming an level 12(?) H2 using a level 60 Sage.

Edited by Thoronmir