The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My Hypercrate Loot and Grand Chance Cube Review.

Reno_Tarshil

Someone linked them on my server yesterday. He got both the single and double-blades varieties. I got nothing but Vibroblades and a couple of the new guns.

Anyone can link them, just look them up in the Collection window. Same goes with gear and mount etc.

Just sayin' as I find it hard to believe someone got both. Or maybe he was just blessed by Lady Luck.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish to state I fully agree with the OP. I buy hypercrates for new items. Instead of getting new Bronze level items, I got a whole bunch of old stuff I already had duplicates of. I found this to be poorly implemented and a bit of a waste. If this is how it is going forward, I will be seriously reconsidering purchasing the hypercrates at all.

BW might not be, but EA damn sure is that greedy, and more.

I splurged and bought 16 hypercrates. Not a single new lightsaber. 480 packs and not one damn new lightsaber. With packs being embargoed after a two week run, there's no way in hell I'm dropping $500 on CC every run. I'll now use my army of alts to earn the credits needed to buy the items off the GTN, and consider it a discount comparatively speaking.

You just got 960 drops from the CM ... half of which are going to be older items worth more than older bronze junk.

Reselling alone you won't need to use an army of alts to easily make a couple of hundred million and be able to buy the saber you want.

Exactly. They'd buy the pack that actually contained whatever they wanted. The chance cubes are the worst thing to ever be introduced to this game. If CM sales plummet, we'll all feel the impact.

But if we believe new players want old items and they are targeting new players with 4.0 ( hard to believe they're not ) then this pack is likewise targeted at newer players who haven't collected everything ( and the cash to credit converters who make up a huge portion of buyers I would say and this pack is one of the most attractive in a long time for that purpose ) we can then assume it's going to be a success ... I guess we'll find out in the long run,

I still predict a "guaranteed 1 new item per pack" change coming though with the 60% drop rate applied to the 2nd item ... that would be a nice change as it would work out around 18 cubes per crate which seems more reasonable.

This was raised numerous times in the BW thread on this issue, no idea why they ignored it.

If you have a basic grasp of maths, the results of this change in the packs were very predictable, cubes replace bronze drops and with bronze drops being the most common, you go from having an high chance of getting a bronze item from the current pack to having an high chance of getting a bronze item from a previous pack.

I actually looks like the drop rate for silver and gold items from the current pack and from the cubes, is higher than usual.

Agreed but with the illusion of bronze items removed people are finally starting to see the drop rates for what they are.

You just got 960 drops from the CM ... half of which are going to be older items worth more than older bronze junk.

Reselling alone you won't need to use an army of alts to easily make a couple of hundred million and be able to buy the saber you want.

Depends on if there are any actually up for sale on his/her server.

This, so much this. Do you ever get tired of explaining things to those with no grasp of the in-game economy, rarity, business, etc? I feel we really need some puppets or something to bring it down to their level.

Yes I do but I feel the majority of people are targeting their disappointment at not getting "gold" items towards the cubes. It's sort of like sheep having the wool removed from their eyes finally seeing the drop rates for what they've always been ( just a bit better ).

Bronze items never stopped people from buying the old packs. A lotta junk, no doubt, but a new piece of junk beats an old junk title any day.

Yes, 1 piece of new junk ... what use is 5, 10 ... more of them? How does that encourage people to keep rebuying?

At least with the cubes you are going to get a lot more unique items per crate. Whether or not you have them is irrelevant ... this change is clearly aimed at those that don't ( and as mentioned the cash to credit buyers because it gives us a better return per pack even if it's going to devalue our existing inventory of older items ).

But I strongly recommend you not only cancel this change on any upcoming packs but you might want to consider a hot fix that adjusts the drop rate of these cubes because this pack is Garbage now and I shall not be using my free coins to buy anymore of them.

Meh, as if that'll ever happen. Best case scenario, they promise to make some adjustments for the next series of packs.

Similar to what they did when they originally had those god awful one time use Jawagrams in the packs, which were an insult to anyone spending money on these, and how they took their time slowly restoring the more recent packs to resemble something worth buying, after starting off with giving the players a bare minimum to see how much money they could squeeze out of us by giving back as little as possible.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that the nice items from this particular shipment are going to be ridiculously rare due to everyone who got burned (like you, Reno) not touching them again. Meh, it's crap like this that sometimes makes me regret going with a six monthly sub over a monthly one. :(

Same here. I bought 1 hypercrate and 7 packs and I found only a Koensayr Revolution, a Zakuulan Luxury Sidecar, 2 Cyberlamp Mewvorr, a R1-H5 Astromech Droid, 3 green color crystal, a Classic Double-Bladed Vibrosword, a Insurrectionist’s Sniper Rifle and a lots of scraps, gift and chance cubes. A lot of chance cubes. I was drowning in chance cubes. And I didn't find anything interesting in them except 2 silver decorations.

Same bad luck for some of my guildies. A total of 3 hypercrate and 65 packs and no Rancor, 1 Uxibeast, 1 Prairie Kybuck and no Unstable Arbiter’s Lightsaber or Dualsaber.

Really disappointed with this poor drop rate. I know 0.00000000000000000000000000001% is better than 0.0% but it seems a little ridiculous to me.

"Only" got the Revolution ... lol ... such bad luck man.

But they arn't new. They are old items. If I wanted those items I would have gotten them already by now.

Again you are completely missing the point.

I don't care that I got nearly zero dupes. I would much rather have gotten dupes of items to share with my friends and guildies or to sell to those who didn't buy packs then having gotten Old stuff that I have no desire for.

Do try to understand before you post next time, okay?

So you would have been happier with the usual uglier bronze armour pieces ( and the dupes of them ) than the cubes that can reward you anything in the game.

That's cool, your choice and all.

I'll swap you a Zakuul Knight captain upper for that revan statue since you seem to not want it and would have got it already if you did ... I don't think you got that drop and it's new so that's a fair trade right?

In fact I hope these cubes don't bind because I'll happily start swapping 35 cubes for 2 gold items or 4 silver items ... I of course would first need to make inventory to build my gold item collection and fit in these cubes but people think they are so worthless I feel I could make a decent market exchanging their cubes for gold items they do want.

I have one on Shadowlands. I'm waiting until the timer runs out to transfer it to my sorc. That's the one thing I don't like about them being bound when you loot them, still have to wait to transfer them to the right character. I understand the reason why, so it's not a complaint, so much as an observation.

What is the reason why?

I have to throw out a big THANK YOU to all of you who wasted your hard earned money on proving these new Hypercrates are crap. You saved me so much money. I am eternally grateful.

Now if everyone would just stop buying anymore of them, perhaps Bioware would take notice and change it. But, based on how they incompetently annihilated the Contraband Slot Machine, I wouldn't hold your breath on them fixing the Hypercrates/Packs anytime soon.

Hey, does anyone have one of the new 212, 216, and 220 Craftable Relic for sale?

*cricket chirp*

How did they save you money? You repeatedly posted you weren't going to buy them before they dropped ...

Depends on if there are any actually up for sale on his/her server.

Well there won't be yet but I've yet to see a CM item in the game from an existing pack that regularly sells for more than 25 million so it should be an easy purchase.

It could be a first though, easily.

One thing is becoming clear though still ... there is another tier of rarity within gold. These don't seem to be dropping as regularly as other items within the gold tier.

That really annoys me a bit since they gauge rarity of the 3 tiers ( 2 now ) but then there are tiers of rarity within that as they clearly don't share the same drop rates. Should have had extra colours for the usual gold, harder to get gold and nigh on impossible gold items.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that the nice items from this particular shipment are going to be ridiculously rare due to everyone who got burned (like you, Reno) not touching them again. Meh, it's crap like this that sometimes makes me regret going with a six monthly sub over a monthly one. :(

Yeah he got so burned by not getting those extra bronze items he really wanted ... what a rip off not giving us more bronze junk that everyone else has and that I can buy for under 10K on the GTN when the pack is current!.

So you would have been happier with the usual uglier bronze armour pieces ( and the dupes of them ) than the cubes that can reward you anything in the game.

That's cool, your choice and all.

I'll swap you a Zakuul Knight captain upper for that revan statue since you seem to not want it and would have got it already if you did ... I don't think you got that drop and it's new so that's a fair trade right?

In fact I hope these cubes don't bind because I'll happily start swapping 35 cubes for 2 gold items or 4 silver items ... I of course would first need to make inventory to build my gold item collection and fit in these cubes but people think they are so worthless I feel I could make a decent market exchanging their cubes for gold items they do want.

You seem highly incapable of seeing and understanding why people buy packs for that current pack's contents and not older pack contents.

Bioware has cheated people out of their money with these idiotic "Grand Chance Cubes" that give you more rubbish. To make matters worst, the majority of the stuff I got from the 10 hypercrates -- YES, 300 packs! -- and not one of the new sabers. Gold items are very, very rare. Silver items are "only" very rare. Needless to say, if money were an issue I'd be seriously pissed. However, I am mad enough to consider unsubbing, but realistically, I simply won't trust Bioware to buy anymore of their B.S. packs. I would advise others to do the same.

Yes, 1 piece of new junk ... what use is 5, 10 ... more of them? How does that encourage people to keep rebuying?

At least with the cubes you are going to get a lot more unique items per crate. Whether or not you have them is irrelevant ... this change is clearly aimed at those that don't ( and as mentioned the cash to credit buyers because it gives us a better return per pack even if it's going to devalue our existing inventory of older items ).

If there's so much demand for old CM stuff, why don't they just sell the old packs then? Wouldn't that be better for everyone? I get the new junk, you can have whatever old junk you like. If this were truly aimed at anyone, besides wallets, why not allow players to go after what they really want?

Hm, 41 new bronze level vendor fodder garbage vs 41 chances at the lottery.

If I ended up with a friggin revan statue from a chance cube I'd be pretty satisfied with how that went.

Look at the old packs and honestly tell me the "latest and greatest" bronze garbage they were flooded with is worse than what you bagged there.

Yet another person missing the point. New packs for new items, honestly if it was still new bronze items that are "worthless" that still isn't a huge issue for some of us as they are new items.

That the point the OP is trying to make.

Also, 41 bound cubes. That actually sucks Reno, if they were on a timer and could be sold like B/S/G packs to players on the GTN, to fund purchase of new items from new packs that wouldn't be quite so bad. But that drop rate is *expletive* terrible. Essentially 2:1, 2 old items:1 new item. I wouldn't care less if the old item is a whole armour set, or a White Hawkeye Crystal or something like that.

I guess resellers will be happy until they realise the market is saturated with old items all of a sudden, dropping the value of those old items. Equally the players wanting to buy new items off the GTN are going to be unhappy, due to the rarity of new items and the price increasing beyond what new items already were. Players that are buying packs to complete collections on the new items are also going to be unhappy with the drop rates and rarity. So it's essentially flipping the GTN market on the head, and not really in a good way for anyone involved.

If there's so much demand for old CM stuff, why don't they just sell the old packs then? Wouldn't that be better for everyone? I get the new junk, you can have whatever old junk you like. If this were truly aimed at anyone, besides wallets, why not allow players to go after what they really want?

Not only that if they really wanted to make money, the BSG packs were prolly selling like hot cakes.

That way people get new stuff with new packs that only has new stuff in it and if you wanna try for old stuff you can spend some coins on the BSG packs.

That was really the best set up they had.

Yet another person missing the point. New packs for new items, honestly if it was still new bronze items that are "worthless" that still isn't a huge issue for some of us as they are new items.

That the point the OP is trying to make.

Also, 41 bound cubes. That actually sucks Reno, if they were on a timer and could be sold like B/S/G packs to players on the GTN, to fund purchase of new items from new packs that wouldn't be quite so bad. But that drop rate is *expletive* terrible. Essentially 2:1, 2 old items:1 new item. I wouldn't care less if the old item is a whole armour set, or a White Hawkeye Crystal or something like that.

I guess resellers will be happy until they realise the market is saturated with old items all of a sudden, dropping the value of those old items. Equally the players wanting to buy new items off the GTN are going to be unhappy, due to the rarity of new items and the price increasing beyond what new items already were. Players that are buying packs to complete collections on the new items are also going to be unhappy with the drop rates and rarity. So it's essentially flipping the GTN market on the head, and not really in a good way for anyone involved.

Thank you for understanding and helping to further convey the point I've been trying to make to thick-headed individuals.

You seem highly incapable of seeing and understanding why people buy packs for that current pack's contents and not older pack contents.

But you got new items ... silver and gold at the same rate you could get them before.

You didn't get the bronze items you could pick up in a few days time normally for under 10K each ( if you are buying packs to get these ... well I just best not comment on that sort of logic ).

Heck I fully understand where you are coming from, I would like to profit from it. Swap me your non new items for my new items - I'll take that statue for sure and pretty much all your silver stuff. Those bronze mounts, crystals emotes look good too.

Heck I'll take the lot for a Zakuul Knight upper and spa ... 2 golds there which is basically a whole crates worth.

http://imgur.com/32SSOA2 - happy to trade.

After all you don't seem to care for value etc. of the old items you got so what's it matter to you what you trade it for aslong as what I give you is "new"?