The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anarchist Alliance Pack, Grand Chance Packs Nonsens

mousestar

I experienced the same issue as many others mentioning here in various topics and also on Dulfy.

One hypercrate contained roughly 60% of these "Grand chance cubes", and had 4 packs which had 2 of them.

The main problem with this whole story is that people pay (and some of them pay dearly for 2-3-4 hypercrates) for the NEW items in the pack, not for a chance to get old / repacked garbage. Of course there's a "chance" to get useful, super-rare gold items by this method, but when I buy a pack / hypercrate, my intention is to collect the newly released stuff.

Dropping two of these cubes from one pack is purely a waste of cash / Cartel Coin.

Packs should guarantee to drop one new item and additionally a second slot for either a new item / Grand chance cube - it would be fair and worth money spent.

Some could say that they eliminated "crap" Bronze items from the packs and only include silver / gold in them, but this is just depending on the individual's taste. Which is not a point of arguement - for some, bronze armors are worth it as they like the design, etc.

Hell, I also collected many of the bronze sets even for just a few armor pieces or for an alternative outfit on one of my toons.

Point is: people should get items worth their money, and not just some random crap repackaged and depending on RNGesus. When I cash out 35 EUR per hypercrate I want to get the stuff in the pack I paid for.

As a compromise, I think it would be better (not the best, but I guess they want to keep these cubes anyway) in this way:

Slot 1: Pack's new item (guaranteed, of random quality)

Slot 2: Pack's new item (random quality) or Grand chance cube - 50% chance of which

Slot 3: Companion gift (this should be at least artifact quality grade 5 or 6, not some crappy prototype one)

Slot 4: Jawa scrap (random quality)

Also as a "small" reward for those who pay for a hypercrate, they should re-introduce the "bonus pack" which some hypers had before - giving the player a guaranteed gold quality item from the new pack (armor, mount, weapon, deco, etc.).

With all the changes in previous months related to cartel packs, I guess and hope this is not Bioware's final solution.

Until the current situation changes in either way (cubes eliminated or reduced to max 1 out of 2 items / pack), I will not pay for a hypercrate again as I do not want to cash out for obsolete, old random items.

Thanks for hearing me out.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking to buy a few hypercrates when I get home, I will post the results... curious about this cube thing, although I'm not feeling good about reading the feedback, however I always buy atleast one hypercrate with every new pack, so it's a matter of keeping up with tradition for me.

Same thing here, bought 3 packs, luckly got 1 cool mount, but the rest were EMOTES.

Instead of new items, we get old emotes.

First they hype us, then they scam us, Eric Musco style, yeah! :rak_03:

We should sue them to get back our cartel coins, really. Anyone has a good lawyer?

480 packs opened (16 hypercrates)

Jawa Junk – approximately 2000 green, 1000 blue, 100 purple

1 Warbot companion

2 Koenslayer Revolution – both in very last hypercrate

2 Prairie Kybucks – 2nd hypercrate and 2nd to last hypercrate

ZERO Lightsabers:mad: :mad:

5 Uxibeast

6 Sidecars

10 Marquis

At least one full set of each armor EXCEPT Resistance Fighter, which is missing the supplementary box.

From the chance cubes, I got roughly 400 bronze, 60 silvers and 10 gold items. These numbers are slightly off, because I learned some of the items before I started counting.

To say I am not a fan of the pack changes would be an understatement. While I did get a few nice gold items from the chance cubes, as others have said, these are old items. I was only seeking them from a collections standpoint.

Never before have I gone through so many packs and NOT completed the entire collection at least once. Because of these drop rates, I see no continued incentive to purchase CC outside specific wants. I have enough characters with which to earn credits and buy the items off the GTN.

To top off my frustration by rubbing salt into the wound, my last chance cube I opened contained...Mood: Outraged :eek:

I wonder what mess in their heads have ppl who did dat new pack system. I bought 1 hypercrate to get damn NEW gear, like on packs logo, okay? Dafaq I got like 10 old pets noone needs, old idiotic emotes, old cheap trash mounts and few again OLD green dumblooking armors sets wich I dont need even for free?

I'm not buying this crap ever again.

Edited by Rouakh

I purchased three Hypercrates, roughly $120 worth of CC.

I received one gold item.

Roughly 90% of my packs dropped the chance cubes giving me common items from old packs.

Is this how packs are supposed to be now?

Yes, honestly.

I feel bad for you guys, honestly.

As a pessimist I feared something like this would happen and didn't buy any packs. I'm sad to read that you really got screwed over. Yes, you should get a refund and Bioware should change the packs back to "normal".

I bought 30+ packs and got exactly 1 item I was happy with.

I feel completely ripped off, I understand that those packs are RGN but it feels extra skeevy this go round. I honestly liked the idea of the chance cubes in theory, I thought it would be a way for me to have a chance at items I missed out on when real life kept me away from the game. However, the cubes seem to have a propensity for items that you can not even give away on the GTN.

*** are doing you bioware ripping paying customers off like this !!!??? I don't post on here, so that means you really ticked me off taking my money like this.

I purchased a new crate and after opening a few and seeing that I was duped, I just stopped opening these things.

FIX the problem, give everyone their money back, and FIRE the person who thought it was a great idea to take advantage of paying customers!

I can only agree to everything that has been said in here so far. I bought around 10 Anarchist packs myself and - much like everybody else I have been talking to since - was almost exclusively rewarded with these random cubes, which I did not expect to be included in these packs in the first place.

Now I find myself out of CCs and surrounded by a bunch of seriously ugly pets, that I would not even have any interest in if I were to collect pets in SWTOR, an armada of out-of-date, worthless and pointless titles and a couple of old, not interesting decorations.

Frankly I already struggled to understand why you would chose to take the armor-, decoration-, and mountpacks out of the game in the first place, as I believed this to be the right way for the packs to develop. (To the best of my knowledge, there was never any real explanation for it?)

However it is beyond me to grasp the possible motivation for going one step further and even change the concept of the "new" packs. These packs used to contain a handful of new things out of a small, specified pool of possible items, which is precisely what made them interesting in the first place. Nowadays one is almost exclusively rewarded with these wondercubes that not only significantly increase the amount of chance one needs to get something useful for one's CCs. No, they additionaly remove all kind of straightforwardness that used to characterise these packs.

If the packs stay like this, there is just no point in buying them anymore and honestly, I do feel a bit cheated too, because there was no warning about the changes that obviously took place. Had I known this earlier, I would not have bought them.

Best wishes from Germany.

I like the idea of the chance cubes - getting cool things from old packs? Sure! Getting 2 in a single pack is ridiculous. And getting companion gifts now feels pointless given that we can get them from Alliance Crats or from trading crystals into a vendor. I would suggest making it 2 items from the CURRENT pack plus replacing the companion gift slot with the grand chance pack instead.

I want to address the new anarchist pack that contains the so called grand chance packs. I feel scammed about this and I want to tell you why. The way I see it, nothing indicated that these packs could contain gear from old packs which is obviously the case with the chance cubes. I bought 15 crates in eager anticipation of the new stuff of which im interested in many of the items. Here is the result excluding mats and gifts: 19 items from old packs, 11 items from the actual anarchist pack. No gold and of the overall 20 items 9 are of bronze quality. Had I been warned that these packs consist by nearly two thirds! of old stuff I would not have bought them. I am disappointed and thanks for nothing. I hope you feel the repercussions of this nonsens on a financial level.

That is nowhere near correct.

Hey folks,

As you may know, our Cartel Market team has been making constant adjustments to how packs work, since our rework in Fallen Empire. We have heard in the past few months a lot of feedback from players that they really like the functionality of the “Grand Packs.” Think of anything from the Bronze, Silver, Gold Packs to the old Grand packs we released last year. Because of this, we are making some changes to the new pack which will release with 4.1.

Currently when you open a Cartel Market pack, this is what you receive:

• 2 items from the pack (Mounts, Decorations, etc)
  • 1 rank 5 or 6 Companion Gift
  • 1 Scrap

When you open the new Anarchist Pack in 4.1 you will receive the following:

• 2 items- either a new item from the pack (Mounts, Decorations, etc) or a Grand Chance Cube (more on this in a second)
  • 1 rank 5 or 6 Companion Gift
  • 1 Scrap

Now you are asking, what is the Grand Chance Cube? Think of it as the ultimate Grand Pack. Inside a Grand Chance Cube you have a chance to receive any available Cartel Market Pack item, including from the current Pack. Also, the Grand Chance Cube acts as a Grand Pack in that if you open an Armor Lootbox, it will contain the entire armor set, not just a few pieces.

This change allows us to place more emphasis on the Silver and Gold items in each pack, as we are no longer building new Bronze items. Now, in place of Bronze items you will receive a Grand Chance Cube. This Cube can contain the rarest of Cartel Market selections, giving you a second chance at highly-desired items.

Due to the ongoing changes in the Cartel Market, all of this is subject to change. It is likely that more changes will follow in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions on how these new packs work and I will work to clear up any confusion.

-eric

Now, I'm not saying that I agree with what they did, just that they did advise us what they were doing. They also told us what the grand chance cubes were, and what they could contain.

That said, I do think BW made a mistake with these "grand chance" cubes.

I think packs are for too likely to contain them, and that the cubes themselves are far too likely to contain junk.

I for one, will not be spending ANY CC on those packs. IMO, the only way to get BW to change their current direction with packs is not to purchase them, even with "free" CC's.

480 packs opened (16 hypercrates)

Jawa Junk – approximately 2000 green, 1000 blue, 100 purple

1 Warbot companion

2 Koenslayer Revolution – both in very last hypercrate

2 Prairie Kybucks – 2nd hypercrate and 2nd to last hypercrate

ZERO Lightsabers:mad: :mad:

5 Uxibeast

6 Sidecars

10 Marquis

At least one full set of each armor EXCEPT Resistance Fighter, which is missing the supplementary box.

From the chance cubes, I got roughly 400 bronze, 60 silvers and 10 gold items. These numbers are slightly off, because I learned some of the items before I started counting.

To say I am not a fan of the pack changes would be an understatement. While I did get a few nice gold items from the chance cubes, as others have said, these are old items. I was only seeking them from a collections standpoint.

Never before have I gone through so many packs and NOT completed the entire collection at least once. Because of these drop rates, I see no continued incentive to purchase CC outside specific wants. I have enough characters with which to earn credits and buy the items off the GTN.

To top off my frustration by rubbing salt into the wound, my last chance cube I opened contained...Mood: Outraged :eek:

I'm so sorry for your loss.

The problem seems to be, you are not currently guaranteed to get a new item from the pack. Over fifty percent of the packs I opened, had only Jawa junk, a companion Cody, and two data cubes. I spent money to get items from the new packs, if I wanted to get items from previous packs, I would wait for those packs to be on the CC market and buy them, (or through the grand deco packs).

Furthermore, by looking over most replies, it appears you receive 1-2 gold items per 30 crates you open (on average). That is a far decreased drop rate in rare items compared to previous packs.

As someone who used to buy 3-5 hypercrates each release, I would usually end up with just about everything unlocked. Now, I have only one mount and one gold armor set unlocked, after three packs opened. And that's it... Not even close to half.... I'd say that's a noticeable change. I'd also say they won't be receiving another dime from me, nor will they be receiving money from several others as well. Buying power is really all we have in this case. No dev has come forth and said "we discovered the drop rate in things is messed up, we are going to do X". So it must mean things are working as intended, and all we can do is simply stop giving them our money. Simple as that. Voice your opinion, but don't expect much in return. Until they see CC sales dry up, they will do as they wish.

I don't frequent this particular forum that often, but I never really understood what the goal was in changing the pack at the launch of 4.0. Overall I was pretty happy with the way each shipment worked before these changes. I personally miss the faction reputation associated with each shipment and the chance to get cartel certificates. The certs had good value and felt better than getting a bronze item, but not quite as good as a gold item. The rep was something to "grind" and those vendors always had decent items to purchase.

I DO like the chance cubes, but right now they drop way too frequently. Most people aren't buying these hypercrates to get old items. I want the items specific to this pack and they aren't dropping frequently enough right now. Keep the cubes in, they are kind of interesting, but lower the drop rate significantly.

I feel like you had the best setup originally and every time you've made big adjustments since the changes have been disappointing.

Yeah, the cubes are cool.. kind of since we can get old stuff. But when I buy a pack I want things from that pack. I didn't get anything new at all. All in all I found this to be an extremely frustrating gamble involving every item in cartel packs for the past couple of years. I mean. Come on? Really? Waste of Cartel Coins there.

Separate new packs from Chance Cubes. Have Chance Cubes be a separate purchase on the Cartel Market for a slightly cheaper price. Go back to the old formula of packs from before 4.0 or at least before this nonsense.

Until things change, I will not be being anymore packs or hypercrates.

Bought a hypercrate and it isn't really about that I didn't get anything I wanted from it but as it was a pack themed to the new chapter, I half expected lots of new items to go with it. Unfortunately I ended up with a lot of random ugly bronze sets and random junk like Ball toss.

I think they need to refund all of our cartel coins we have spent on these Anarchist packs because they are total POS. I will not be buying anymore of their packs after this. And right now am seriously thinking about canceling my Sub. it is clear to me that they do do not care about us and they are just looking for ways to screw us out of money.

Yea just call customer support tell em you will un-sub if they don't refund and they'll refund......if bioware truly listens it woulda been fixed by now. If not they WILL listen to their bank accounts going down.

On a side note. I have collected 100% of all previous cartel market items. The new cubes are USELESS to me. I want new items not duplicates of everything I already own.

Edited by Nommak