Damage Meters

jibboo

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squeak all you like; it is DOA due to the abominable way the pro meter crowd behaved over the issue......in the future if you want something implemented it isn't a good idea to prove that every bad thing the opposition said about you is true.

:)

Here is an example of what I'm talking about

Don't forget to thank him for representing the hard-cores

Kinda weak to utilize the posts of the worst in order to make a point don't you think. You can do better than that.

Here is a thought. How about trying to support or oppose the idea of meters on the merits of the meters rather than hitching your wagon to an idiot post?

I agree, player skill or the old line, learn to play, i know how to manage my dps and what rotations work better than others, I want to see the game not stare at a meter on my screen and stand in the fire.. but I buy a game to play it not have it played for me.. :)

My skill as a player will always be better than a silly meter, I have proved it over and over again..

That's fine, but as a dps you also contribute a raw amount of damage on a particular boss, and that number is very crucial toward determining whether you beat certain enrage timers and successfully navigate the encounter. Arguing against damage meters for dps is like arguing against turnover statistics for pointguards in basketball.

That link is horrible, all is says is information for questions and answers. No damage meters in game. WORKING AS INTENDED. I personally am loving this. People are clearing flash point's. The REAL method of game is to re-roll not to stand at end game waiting for content.

Damage meter's are a horrible idea. But warcraft has them, maybe people should go there. If this game were EVER to have damage meter's. I would protest like the occupy movement and cancel my sub.

That link is horrible, all is says is information for questions and answers. No damage meters in game. WORKING AS INTENDED. I personally am loving this. People are clearing flash point's. The REAL method of game is to re-roll not to stand at end game waiting for content.

Damage meter's are a horrible idea. But warcraft has them, maybe people should go there. If this game were EVER to have damage meter's. I would protest like the occupy movement and cancel my sub.

I figured I would have to spoon feed you the info.

Georg Zoeller on combat parses.

3:07

"It's something very high on our priority list."

http://www.forcejunkies.com/audio/fansummit2/fan_sum_02_qa_georg_zoeller.mp3

Edited by Sizzurps

So this is now The Alt Republic?

Let me get my "Good Bye" out of the way now.

I figured I would have to spoon feed you the info.

Georg Zoeller on combat parses.

3:07

"It's something very high on our priority list."

http://www.forcejunkies.com/audio/fansummit2/fan_sum_02_qa_georg_zoeller.mp3

What can I say thing's change. They are not in game now and still under discussion, so no plans. I sense great anger in you over this. Good, it will give you focus. For now at least the next two months their will be no damage meter's, personally I could not be happier. I am dancing with joy.

Because meter's are for the weak. The superior shall rise and read the raid while the lesser's depend on their meter's and sit while idle ducks. Let's be all honest. No amount of QQ is going to get your meters in game right his moment. Just let it go.

What can I say thing's change. They are not in game now and still under discussion, so no plans. I sense great anger in you over this. Good, it will give you focus. For now at least the next two months their will be no damage meter's, personally I could not be happier. I am dancing with joy.

Because meter's are for the weak. The superior shall rise and read the raid while the lesser's depend on their meter's and sit while idle ducks. Let's be all honest. No amount of QQ is going to get your meters in game right his moment. Just let it go.

No anger here. But, check out the caps from this post...

Edited by Sizzurps

No anger here. But, check out the caps from this post...

"That link is horrible, all is says is information for questions and answers. No damage meters in game. WORKING AS INTENDED. I personally am loving this. People are clearing flash point's. The REAL method of game is to re-roll not to stand at end game waiting for content.

Damage meter's are a horrible idea. But warcraft has them, maybe people should go there. If this game were EVER to have damage meter's. I would protest like the occupy movement and cancel my sub. DragonAgeOrgins "

I don't really get your point.

Why do I know that you haven't run one Op yet?

Nice dodge. LOL.

All I needed to know. Weren't you the same guy complaining about the guild summit because you weren't in a guild.

I'm sorry I would love to answer that but fact you have to throw this thread into Off Topic is quite sad. But to clarify I wasn't protesting because I wasn't in a guild. In fact, I have my OWN guild. I was protesting because ONLY guild leader's were allowed. What does that have to do with damage meters?

I'm sorry I would love to answer that but fact you have to throw this thread into Off Topic is quite sad. But to clarify I wasn't protesting because I wasn't in a guild. In fact, I have my OWN guild. I was protesting because ONLY guild leader's were allowed. What does that have to do with damage meters?

Thanks. All I needed to know.

Thanks. All I needed to know.

You vauge attempt to "win" by playing coy because I made a thread, that complained only guild leader's were allowed and not the majority of people has no influence or impact on damage meter's. In fact you pulling this off topic and making this more about me, just truly shows how weak your argument is winding down for damage meters. I hope you are finally accepting they won't be in game.

You vauge attempt to "win" by playing coy because I made a thread, that complained only guild leader's were allowed and not the majority of people has no influence or impact on damage meter's. In fact you pulling this off topic and making this more about me, just truly shows how weak your argument is winding down for damage meters. I hope you are finally accepting they won't be in game.

They will be in game, because to not have them would show how lacking this game really is. How watered down of a MMO this is.

They only provide data to players so that they can improve their own performance as well as the performance of guilds running content. Surely you have no problems with people trying to improve their performance, do you? Forget for a second that the game is so easy they aren't really needed right now. You wouldn't be one of those people that are afraid that their 'dirty laundry' will be aired for all to see, are you?

They will be in game, because to not have them would show how lacking this game really is. How watered down of a MMO this is.

They only provide data to players so that they can improve their own performance as well as the performance of guilds running content. Surely you have no problems with people trying to improve their performance, do you? Forget for a second that the game is so easy they aren't really needed right now. You wouldn't be one of those people that are afraid that their 'dirty laundry' will be aired for all to see, are you?

How very original, a player saying if something "isn't in game' then this game would be doom to fail. I have never, ever read my any thread's like this on this forum. I am simply blown back at you insight.

On a more serious note. This game doesn't require damage meter's. No thanks people are clearing content right now without it. Investing time into this would be a complete waste of it's resources, and time management. They are still clearing all the bugs in game.

Let alone make a in game recount. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself, to let go of everything you fear to lose.

How very original, a player saying if something "isn't in game' then this game would be doom to fail. I have never, ever read my any thread's like this on this forum. I am simply blown back at you insight.

On a more serious note. This game doesn't require damage meter's. No thanks people are clearing content right now without it. Investing time into this would be a complete waste of it's resources, and time management. They are still clearing all the bugs in game.

Let alone make a in game recount. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself, to let go of everything you fear to lose.

You do realize if they open up the interface they can rely on the community to create things like Recount and such and spend no time at all on developing it themselves. Addon communities are also great for the game as the create fans just through that community alone.

I do agree with you though that the game is so insanely easy they are NOT REQUIRED. It would just be a nice addition for those that like to min-max and to fight off the criticism that this game is so lacking in functionality when compared to other MMOs.

As far as 'letting go of fear' if anyone needs to stop fearing things it's you. I don't 'fear' a lack of functionality such as addons and meters. You definitely fear them being added. That's clear in your posts. In my eyes if they aren't added I will just finally come to grips with this being the 'Hello Kitty" MMO I feared it would be and move on.

Ever notice how the people screaming for DPS meters and gearscore add-on's always seem to be on the forums and never actually playing the game.

Whats the matter? you mad Brah, because the game did not ship with your required EPEEN ruler?

I guess the upside to these things will be instead of nerd raging the forums more will spend their time standing around the fleet EPREENING to everyone how much more AWESOME their pixels on a game are.

I'm usually against damage meters, being that games are supposed to be entertainment and not something you need to work incredibly hard for.

However, since I witnessed a person do 8000 dmg 0 protection 0 heals and 0 defend attack points in a pvp match I feel like the gamers could use some scrutiny.

And yes he was there the whole match.

Edited by Fomby