The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Escapist: EA is "on a Journey" to Regain PC Gamer Trust

Friend-Referral

I'm pretty sure what most players are doing that are casualcore and hardcore/competitive is that they're going to sub for a month to experience a new chapter then immediately unsub and wait for the next one and rinse and repeat. EAware really needs to stop alienating what's left of their shrinking MMO playerbase. They're around 8 years too late to try and treat this game like a KotOR III. That should've been done years ago but no, this game was marketed and developed as an MMO and should be treated as such. SWTOR shouldn't be developed like a massively singleplayer online game with co-op aspects. It's ridiculous. Story nerds and casuals want this? Go play Skyrim.

Without Story nerds and casuals, its a fair bet to say this game wouldn't even be here today. Maybe its not us who needs to leave.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as EA being the worst Corporation they are down on my list. Disney and the Tech industry can GFTSs. As far as games EA is probably high on the list. I know it was said that Lucas supposedly pushed Kotor 2 out to quick. DA2 and supposedly ME3 were in the same boat due to EA. DAO and ME1,2 were top notch games to me. What follow them was B version games. It wasn't just on EA. The story lines were lacking.

Courtesy of The Escapist:

This should be taken with a grain of salt. EA has announced something like this every year, only to end up not living up to their claim in the end. They were also not only once the worst company in America, but TWICE... consecutively.

They have lost us because of the sins of buggy, unfinished games and cheap, sleazy money-grabbing tactics, and SWTOR is definitely no exception to how they've royally screwed over customers in those aspects.

If anything EA is "on a journey" to regain PC gamer wallets.

:rolleyes:

steam is still better

Having been recently dipping my toes in the EA pool again lately with SW:BF, DA:I, and TOR... I have to say I'm less than impressed.

SW:BF on PC was a disaster. The game is pretty much dead at this point. Sometimes you can't even find a match.

SWTOR remains the poorly coded game that is was in late 2011. The recent design shift to make the game into a brain dead movie simulator baffles me. Once my sub runs out, gave them 3 months when I returned, that's it. I'm gone again. Sorry. This was "Strike 3" for them in my eyes. Mark my words: the gain in subs won't last. You can thank TFA for the sub boost, NOT a well designed MMORPG. MMORPG's suck as single player games. Boring. As the Inquisitor would say "Yawn." What is the big complaint about Chapter X? The endless waves of piss easy mobs that die in two hits and only serve to slow you down. Why do people not like it? It's boring. It's bad gameplay. It's gameplay for 6 year olds. Sorry, but I'm a grown woman who has been gaming for over 20 years now.

Dragon Age: Inquisition... well... I have to say I find it hard to believe that the same company that makes this game for babies made DA:I. It's nice having a challenge in a game again and playing a game that isn't ashamed to be an RPG. This is the one EA game that I've played that I've (still am) really enjoyed. I was a big fan of DA:O too. I love a good RPG.

So, out of the 3 EA games I've tried in the past few months, two have been strike outs, and one has been pretty great. I would try the Sims, but getting into that game costs like over a hundred dollars for all the x-pacs. Yeah no. :rolleyes:

Edited by doelow