Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People were expecting, not unreasonably, to be able to play the new chapter today. Looks like a lot won't be and day one of the paid for early access will be a bust for them (mainly EU, I believe). So, I'd say they have every right to complain and even vigorously request some form of recompense for lost time.

How many people have been puttering about on their computers or game consoles, but constantly checking back here or on Twitter to see if the game is playable again? Technically doing something else, but really just wasting the time while hoping this game get up and running quickly.

I've seen a few "you're not an IT professional, you have no idea what it takes to patch/fix the game" posts. Of course most of the people here have no idea, but the IT professionals responsible for the game do know, it's their job to know, it's also their job to make sure their work actually works when going live. Isn't it?

Hear Hear

Foreal....well ladies and gents another 12-13year old player...do yourself a favor wait five more years before you play MMO's

Lol...a 16 year old accusing someone of being 13....And come on, dont lie, you cant be older than that with your level of maturity...

People were expecting, not unreasonably, to be able to play the new chapter today. Looks like a lot won't be and day one of the paid for early access will be a bust for them (mainly EU, I believe). So, I'd say they have every right to complain and even vigorously request some form of recompense for lost time.

How many people have been puttering about on their computers or game consoles, but constantly checking back here or on Twitter to see if the game is playable again? Technically doing something else, but really just wasting the time while hoping this game get up and running quickly.

I've seen a few "you're not an IT professional, you have no idea what it takes to patch/fix the game" posts. Of course most of the people here have no idea, but the IT professionals responsible for the game do know, it's their job to know, it's also their job to make sure their work actually works when going live. Isn't it?

#Applause!!!

this sums it up pretty well.

I don't know what the Americans think there on.

We pay same as you.

We expect service same as you.

On my one trip to your country service was very important to everyone and if it wasn't delivered there was hell to pay.

This isn't about where we are or where we are from. its about the fact we have paid for a service and not received it.

So would all the Americans who are basically saying we are not important even though we subscribe exactly the same please tell me why we are less important.

You can't reason with troll. Take everything with a grain of salt and move on. No subscriber, no matter country of origin is less important. EA/BW is a business and businesses worship the all mighty green back. Unfortunately the Troll is the poison pill we all must swallow in any MMO.

I'm not mad about servers being offline for technical reasons. Sh.. happens. And I'm sure they are doing their best to get us back online as soon as possible.

I'm more tired with those endless downloads for updates that have been happening these last months :(

6 hours, 7 hours...

I started today download at around 2.20 pm (french time), it's now 11.43 pm and it's still not over.

My connection is always around 1200 Kio/s (tested it plenty) and the download goes from 12 Kios/s to 350 Kios/s.

I've been downloading for over 9 hours.

At this point, I would just like to shut down the computer and go to sleep :(

But I still have 523.67 Mo left and I really don't want to start that download all over again.

All in all, it's rather depressing I must say :(

Wow 200+ pages in a few hours ... new record?

Not even close. You ever read the plaque in the southern end of the Gree area? That was a real thing. When the game first launched that area was very different and was supposed to be THE open world pvp area. The problem was the quests there did not require the two factions to fight. So they changed the quests there to force combat. Since the Imp side outnumbered the pub side 3 or 4 to one at the time, what resulted was a slaughter and spawn camp of epic proportions. The Rage created 200 pages in less than an hour. Personally I think that disaster (which was easily forseeable they knew the imbalance was real) is one of the main reasons this game lost a bunch of the early subscribers.

+1 - heartily agree