Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about the troubles, but there is an easy solution to the problem.

Just do a server rollback and start the game for the ones that are impatient. I don't see a problem with it, we've waited this long, a couple more days won't matter. Progress server events up a few days or until the bugs are addressed and solved correctly instead of in pushing a solution that might cause other problems to be fixed on another potentially unscheduled maintenance cycle. Most of us are adults here and would rather see a bug free running game than a bug laden game, especially in the new story line.

Thanks and Good Luck on the problems.

and oh yea... if you need a referral...

http://www.swtor.com/r/XtJJbD

Edited by Scorpinoxious
Put in a titel

ITS A GAME, it happens deal with im on the euro server and been watiing ages to get on. I dont care im a sub and cant get one as there more important things in life rather than moaning at a punch of people u dont know whom trying to get us all back on. So why dont go have a coffee and chill out.

Well, not that i didnt try, I had a whole can of coffee by now XD

Ah the classic "There are children starving in africa so you shouldn't complain" argument. It's funny how the only place these kind of things are acceptable is in the video game industry. Anywhere else if a service you pay for is disrupted (especially if its for a day or longer) you're usually compensated or at least given a proper apology.

My internet went down for a few hours the other day and the ISP gave me a free week in return. They didn't do it because I nor they felt I was entitled to it, they did it because they value their customers. I think Bioware and EA have a lot to learn in that regard.

A broadband ISP can not really be compared to an MMO company.. whole different ball game going on there...

As for downtime.. it happens.. sometimes for unknown reasons.. sometimes for valid reasons... it's something we've all agreed to accept.. "it happens".. no different to service providers of mobile networks.. things happen...

They're not obliged to give anyone anything... as for "value customers" ... how about "value company" .. not everything is "I throw money at it.. They're wrong.. I'm right" -- working in Customer Services for a mobile firm in the UK.. believe me... customers are not always right.. and nearly always lying - just because you throw money at is.. doesn't mean you should expect anything above what you was promised when you first played/used it, technology doesn't fit to how we expect things to be.. that's the dreams of Star Trek/Star Wars.. and even then stuff doesn't work sometimes...

If people can't deal with downtime like this once in like HOW many months, just to prevent massive downtime by letting something break everything.. or because a new content patch causes issues that were unforeseen... well erm.. my advice...

.. put the mouse/controller down... step away from the PC/Console.. go outside and go for a walk... you'll feel better.. maybe.. :)

But at least we won't hit 200 pages quickly with people whining about it all.

Bioware, EA.

I'm here on a mission of mercy. Let's talk about something important.

Put that coffee down. Coffee's for uptime only.

Do you have any idea how fortunate you are that gamers put up with these maintenance ripoffs? Let me tell you a little somethin' about e-commerce. You think Amazon, Ebay, Paypal, or Google would be stupid enough to take their services offline for hours at a time? Even if by some miracle they went down, do you think any of them would have the gall to extend their downtimes on a whim?

No, they don't do this 'downtime' nonesense. It's an archaic malpractice relegated to the dustbin of failure. Only the most inept troglodytes would perpetuate this farce. I've seen Silk Road 'entrepreneurs' running secondhand racks outta some garage in Tijuana keep better uptime than your farce.

Downtime is loss, pure and simple.

A-B-O. A-always, B-be, O-online. You don't like it, leave. I can go out there tonight with the servers you've got and make $150,000. Tonight! In two hours! Can you? CAN YOU? Go and do likewise. A-B-O. Get mad.

You know what it takes to sell e-commerce? It takes brass balls to sell e-commerce. Go and do likewise gents. Money's out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you. You wanna go over to those racks tonight, start them up and STAY UP. It's yours.

If not, you're gonna be shining my shoes. And you know what you'll be saying; a bunch of losers sittin' around in a bar. 'Oh yeah. I used to be a server admin. It's a tough racket.'

I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it.

Not to be a pest but we do get free coins for this...right? I mean in two hours I'll have lost one of my three early access days that I subbed for... It'd be nice for some compensation.

Oh and somebody click the link in my signature so I can get free stuff to cheer me up.

Edited by Lanria

Cows go Moo just fyi

This whole thread is very entertaining. I work in the gaming industry and can tell you that the whole team at Bioware are working their butts off. The process of launching major patches is a pain and debugging every possible issue even with extensive QA is hard. While I agree that just in a form of good faith and appreciation it would be nice for them to give out some coins or something as it costs them nothing. There is really no need for this much hate. I'd also love to have been playing today, but stuff happens and I'm glad the team is actually working to resolve the issue and not just saying **** it.

Having put this on the test server would have been very helpful. Agreed that it's (nearly) impossible to catch every single issue, but allowing us to test it would have brought these issues up sooner than the last minute as servers were supposedly coming up. I doubt one MMO developer has always flawlessly released new patches/content every single time with zero issues, unless they do extensive large-scale testing to ensure issues aren't game-breaking and at an acceptable level.

Once again EA fire into the field an untested patch which once again kills the bonuses us subscribers pay our fees for and never get because each time they get it so badly wrong.

I for one will be unsubing after yet another botched patch really guys you need to start testing this stuff if you want us to keep paying for it.

Also the promises of a hk55 isn't enough to keep my subs running when the patches you bring out are late and even then badly done.

I have stuck with this game threw a lot of lean times. this is the worst and the last todays patch is just the last straw for me.