Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you clarify what this actually means?

If you've nerfed the rate of fire or the parcel drop rate then I want my cartel coins back please.

:mad:

This just means they updated the tooltip so it doesn't just say "Throws a snowball at your target" but also "Has a chance to drop parcels during Life Day". I don't think the functionality has changed.

This just means they updated the tooltip so it doesn't just say "Throws a snowball at your target" but also "Has a chance to drop parcels during Life Day". I don't think the functionality has changed.

If that's the case would it have killed them to say that in the patch note?

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

We are extending our 4.1 maintenance due to issues with external network connectivity. We are working with our external partners to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We have no ETA at this time but as I have more updates I will be sure to pass them on.

Thank you for your patience.

-eric

Is the maintenance going to take longer than playing through the new content?

Skipping nothing, keeping well away from the space bar and doing any bonus objectives is it going to be 5+ hours of maintenance for 45 mins or so of new content much of which will be cut scenes in which choices don't matter and its all very generic?

Hey folks!

We are extending our 4.1 maintenance due to issues with external network connectivity. We are working with our external partners to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We have no ETA at this time but as I have more updates I will be sure to pass them on.

Thank you for your patience.

-eric

We all learned to expect it, every time you guys do a maintenance or patch - its a tradition now - don't break it, and no worries, we still be here in the next 1-24 hours, before you figure out what went wrong again this time. It's all good.

Edited by -FarStar-

Yep, called it.

Gee maintenance has been extended, what a suprise! Said no SWTOR player EVER.

Seriously Bioware, this happens pretty much every single time.

This says two things.

A) Start maintenance EARLIER

B) Be like Scotty and overestiminate the time you -THINK- it will take by several hours.

Most everyone on SWTORs Twitters faces right now

And yes worries, again the fact that this happens pretty much every single time shows that they need to get their ***** together.

Guys, Tait, Eric quick questions:

1. Update has finished updating:

a) it took unusually long, and I don't have that program that speeds swtor - it was stuck on 97.66% for ages, but eventually finished

b) currently I press play: but the game doesn't load, the launcher just disappears and nothing happens: This has nothing to do with whether realms are up, cos if realms are down you still access the game but all the servers are shown as offline

2. New Crew skill vendor: Notes say we can exchange the MK-8 kits for MK-9 kits -- however, can we also exchange the component parts.. i have lots of component parts I never made into kits, I'm wondering if i can swap the component parts too.

3. I know we are getting all old companions back eventually, but are any more brand new ones coming? I've always wanted the male Voss from the Consular story as a companion, and always wanted Orteg, the Yoda too - I know both these characters can fill a Consular Sage centred companion (of which we still do not have any) one dps centred (even though they can use all roles) and the other a heal centred one - just curious to see if we are getting more/

b) why are so many of the Agent's companions key figures out of curiosity? There are also some very interesting companions from other classes for main roles as well as other characters from class stories that could feature as main character followers - not just old companions, and including new ones.

Edited by Macetheace

Actually, this is a perfect question. There was a missed note for 4.1 that came up internally today:

Companions are now sorted based on their Influence amount in the Crew Skill window. Your Companion with the highest influence will be at the top, while the one with the least amount of influence will be at the bottom.

Adding it now.

Brilliant :D

Sorry if you answered before but since you are changing crafting part I've got a question that might interest others.

Is there any chance that we will be able to reverse engineer 224 level items and get the schematics may be in further updates? Let's say in 4.3?

Well if history is any indication then I can say that 224 gear will NEVER be craftable. 224 rating gear is technically "Nightmare Ops" gear (though it's only a 5% chance to drop outside the last boss yet you can farm EV and KP HM for it, yeah that makes sense) and NiM gear has never been craftable at any level. In regards to the crafting of this gear I would hope that this continues to be the case, the best gear should only be attainable through ops, and should be only the hardest ops (again EV and KP HM giving 224 gear is mind boggling to me).

On a separate note just wondering when you guys are going to nerf SS/MM slinger/sniper again. I'm not hitting enrage timers on standard mobs while doing dailies yet. (can you taste the sarcasm) If anyone reads that matters can i suggest trying something new when adjusting a class/discipline? Try getting out the scissors and taking a little off the top instead of using a chainsaw to cut your hair. You can always trim more and don't end up within broken disciplines. SS slinger = can't heal, can't cleanse, not mobile, crappy cooldowns, worse sustained dps in game. Well done.

Edited by ArcTrooperElite

We all learned to expect it, every time you guys do a maintenance or patch - its a tradition now - don't break it, and no worries, we still be here in the next 1-24 hours, before you figure out what went wrong again this time. It's all good.

Yeah. It's all Bioware this time when their EXTERNAL connection needed the love. Time to blame the ISP this time. At least until its time to play and find it broken. :D

Yep, called it.

Gee maintenance has been extended, what a suprise! Said no SWTOR player EVER.

Seriously Bioware, this happens pretty much every single time.

This says two things.

A) Start maintenance EARLIER

B) Be like Scotty and overestiminate the time you -THINK- it will take by several hours.

Most everyone on SWTORs Twitters faces right now

And yes worries, again the fact that this happens pretty much every single time shows that they need to get their ***** together.

Stop whining. When you have a multi million dollar gaming company with as many successful games as BW, then you can start ************ about Patch issues.

Guys, Tait, Eric quick questions:

1. Update has finished updating:

a) it took unusually long, and I don't have that program that speeds swtor - it was stuck on 97.66% for ages, but eventually finished

And?

b) currently I press play: but the game doesn't load, the launcher just disappears and nothing happens: This has nothing to do with whether realms are up, cos if realms are down you still access the game but all the servers are shown as offline

Because you can't the patch is not done yet. Keep your panties on, they will finish.

2. New Crew skill vendor: Notes say we can exchange the MK-8 kits for MK-9 kits -- however, can we also exchange the component parts.. i have lots of component parts I never made into kits, I'm wondering if i can swap the component parts too.

No, Kits only. You components will be good for other level 8 things.

3. I know we are getting all old companions back eventually, but are any more brand new ones coming? I've always wanted the male Voss from the Consular story as a companion, and always wanted Orteg, the Yoda too - I know both these characters can fill a Consular Sage centred companion (of which we still do not have any) one dps centred (even though they can use all roles) and the other a heal centred one - just curious to see if we are getting more/

Voss as a companion or playable is not likely to happen as it doesn't fit their cultural story. They don't generally leave Voss. The Alliance is an exception, don't think there will be more. And keep dreaming about Yoda or Orteg. There's hardly an abundance of the species running about.

b) why are so many of the Agent's companions key figures out of curiosity? There are also some very interesting companions from other classes for main roles as well as other characters from class stories that could feature as main character followers - not just old companions, and including new ones.

Because that's what they released early. there are still 7 more chapters. Be patient.