world 1st's

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to confirm some things. Ace got the last boss kill on EC nim however due to a different way of judging ranking back then Friendly Fire (now Not Good Enough) were ranked number 1 in the world. NGE stopped raiding after taking first 4 world firsts on in EC Nim (including the world only Pre nerf 16 man Tanks. Witch was then nerfed down to the ground allowing other guilds to kill it like ACE and NGE are the only guild Ever to of cleared all content Prenerf.) after the first 4 bosses they lost a number of there raid team forcing them to rebuild again. However NGE hold the most Single Boss World firsts out of any guild in the world. However have always suffered on the last boss from losing players, this hopefully will be addressed for any future content... If any ever comes out again.

No, we do not. Part of us went into Zorzs. The rest of us stopped. There might be a member or two scattered somewhere, but we do not play as a group anymore.

Pffft you traded up, now you get to pvp with me and a crazy Mexican on jc :D

I like this idea that your bring up. I can speak to the comparison between Ace and Severity in their prime. Severity would have taken it hands down. We were not very good back in NiM EC. Probably just a hair above our lowest. NiM EC inspired us to restructure and commit to actually making a world first a reality. Back then, Ace was better. But not by leaps and bounds. Just enough to get Kephess first. I want to say we were like 3 or 4 to get him. I don't remember back then too well. Lol.

I think it would have been interesting to see. SG didn't get Kephess pre-nerf obviously, but it was a very different team than the TfB/S&V powerhouse, so it's hard to say. Ace had a very specific combination of absurdly talented DPS class stacked to the current meta (similar to SG in TfB/S&V days) and three absurdly good healers (with a strong fourth). The healers were honestly what carried their Kephess kill, because it allowed them to 10 DPS it. Their tanks were… very meh. But then again, nearly every group in the history of this game, successful or otherwise, has had very meh tanks.

I guess it basically comes down to the quality of SG's healers in their prime, and that's something which is hard for me to judge. On the patented Sorvali Scale of Science, I would probably rank them a couple notches below Zorz's apex healing (because Sorvali + Tefia was truly madness), but things get pretty murky beyond that. SG did 4 heal Hateful…

Just to confirm some things. Ace got the last boss kill on EC nim however due to a different way of judging ranking back then Friendly Fire (now Not Good Enough) were ranked number 1 in the world. NGE stopped raiding after taking first 4 world firsts on in EC Nim (including the world only Pre nerf 16 man Tanks. Witch was then nerfed down to the ground allowing other guilds to kill it like ACE and NGE are the only guild Ever to of cleared all content Prenerf.) after the first 4 bosses they lost a number of there raid team forcing them to rebuild again. However NGE hold the most Single Boss World firsts out of any guild in the world. However have always suffered on the last boss from losing players, this hopefully will be addressed for any future content... If any ever comes out again.

The enrage on the tanks was hard, but not completely impossibly hard (current 8 man tuning is actually pretty comparable). Chosen also killed the tanks pre-nerf (there were 3 or 4 kills pre-nerf in 16 man, IIRC). I honestly don't remember whether or not Ace did, but I'll take your word for it that they didn't.

The enrage on Kephess was the really insane sticking point. Friendly Fire did not kill it pre-nerf. Neither did Chosen or SG. I vaguely remember someone other than Ace being close (as in, seconds off the mark) pre-nerf (maybe Carnage Gaming? or was it FF?), but ultimately they were the only ones who downed it before the enrage timer was lengthened enormously because they were the only ones who had three healers of the calibre required to under-heal the trenchcutters. Yes, I understand that FF would have been in the race if it weren't for roster attrition, but having seen plenty of NGE kill videos, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it probably wasn't coincidence that it kept happening in every tier.

As a sidebar, NGE only holds the most single boss world firsts if you count hard mode of operations that have nightmare mode (e.g. Dread Palace, S&V, etc). SG took world first 16 man throughout the NiM TfB/S&V tier, and while they may have missed first on a boss or two in NiM DF/DP, I think they still got most of them. This alone represents the bulk of the progression content that has ever existed in the game.

Despite that caveat though, NGE certainly deserves a lot of respect for being competitive in basically every 16 man tier since launch. Very, very few guilds can make the same claim.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

Think it's time for someone to actually come with some statements based on 16man progression :jawa_tongue:

I agree that Severity Gaming is likely one of the best guilds (including both 16man and 8man) to ever play this game, just looking at their members and what they achieved since confirms that statement. Ace was great, but as you say KBN it was their healing that was what differentiated them with the rest of the 16man guilds, their DPS and tanks, although on a top tier level, wasn't on a higher level than SG/FF. Severity Gaming during S&V/TFB/DF/DP had at least the 8 of the best players of the world, I got to raid with them a bit on PTS on DF Nightmare and what I noticed was the approach they had to fights with creative tactics, that put them further ahead of any guild in my opinion.

The enrage on tanks was definitely more demanding for DPS than the DPS requirements on Kephess, however the DPS requirement was the only requirement on tanks, Kephess was much more holistic with high requirements for healers, tanks and DPS. Regardless, it was a long time ago and you are also wrong in terms of who killed it, FriendlyFire and MoX were the only two that got it pre.nerf and then Chosen and ACE got it the night after the nerf patch. For Kephess, ACE were the only guild the kill it before any nerfs, Level Capped, Chosen, FriendlyFire and Severity Gaming (kills in that order) got it after the nerf.

I don't think anyone really cares about worldfirsts anymore, maybe Kanre does but I think it's more due to how it reflects NGE as a guild , KBN cares cause he has none (:jawa_angel:) but in all honesty, although it's nice to discuss and bring up lists, discussing the guilds and players is more enjoyable to me than running around claiming I have 20 + worldfirsts.

I will finish with linking this amazing picture which you should all check :jawa_eek:

Edited by RikuvonDrake

KeyboardNinja you know nothing you fool NGE hold over 20+

How many of those first are hard mode? Which was sort of my point… World first HM S&V kills, for example, were basically just a test of how fast you could level and walk into the instance. I'll give you credit for that, yes.

and yes we killed it pre nerf we were the 2nd guild to kill it 16 man. So plz stop telling me about my own guild.

Video? I couldn't find one of FF's kill and I am 100% positive that Ace was the only pre-nerf kill. I'd love to be proven wrong though. As I said, watching their kill is up their with my all-time favorite kill videos in SWTOR. Getting another pre-nerf kill video would be like a christmas present three years late.

As a sidebar for context to everyone else… The NiM EC Kephess enrage was 3 minutes when Ace killed it. When Chosen killed it the enrage was 4:30.

:p. Also Tanks was nerfed because it was technically impossible to kill before the enrage on 16 man. The only reason we got it is because we did it 100 + times perfectly till we got lucky Crits SO yet again if you dont know your facts plz dont post.

Quite a few guilds cleared the tanks pre-nerf, as a matter of fact. Ace was one of them, as was Chosen and MoX. I didn't measure Chosen's kill, but MoX's kill was actually slightly faster than FF's (by just over a second). Both of you missed the enrage by about 10 seconds, as you said, but I sincerely doubt that it was a matter of "lucky crits", especially since it's pretty trivial to see edges that could be shaved off of both groups even watching the video (you guys would have bought yourselves another 2-3 seconds just by being more coordinated with openers on the initial pull). It was a difficult enrage, and a worthy accomplishment.

Also, "technically impossible" is the new "mathematically impossible". ^_^ I suspect you're probably right that the enrage wasn't beatable in a strict sense, but it's hard to know for sure. As a rule, people just weren't as good at shaving inches off their DPS back in the day, both as groups (as the kill videos on tanks demonstrate) or as individuals. There were also plenty of kills on the tanks using classes that parsed substantially lower than the absolute cap. For example, your kill used a Sage DPS who was (at the time) parsing 1980 (which was, I believe, the top number in the world for a sage). Swapping that Sage out for a hybrid slinger (which had comparable constraints under the shield) would have instantly given you another 350 DPS in ceiling. I'm not saying that was something you needed to do; obviously you killed the fight. But running a technically sub-optimal composition and then making minor technical mistakes which cost precious seconds, and then claiming that the enrage was technically impossible is just disingenuous.

I agree that Severity Gaming is likely one of the best guilds (including both 16man and 8man) to ever play this game, just looking at their members and what they achieved since confirms that statement. Ace was great, but as you say KBN it was their healing that was what differentiated them with the rest of the 16man guilds, their DPS and tanks, although on a top tier level, wasn't on a higher level than SG/FF. Severity Gaming during S&V/TFB/DF/DP had at least the 8 of the best players of the world, I got to raid with them a bit on PTS on DF Nightmare and what I noticed was the approach they had to fights with creative tactics, that put them further ahead of any guild in my opinion.

RIP Nightmare Thrasher burn phase. ;-)

FriendlyFire and MoX were the only two that got it pre.nerf and then Chosen and ACE got it the night after the nerf patch. For Kephess, ACE were the only guild the kill it before any nerfs, Level Capped, Chosen, FriendlyFire and Severity Gaming (kills in that order) got it after the nerf.

Chosen's and ACE's tank kills both had the same enrage timer (6:20) as FF and MoX's kills. Unless there was a secondary nerf before the enrage nerf that I've forgotten about…? (always possible)

KBN cares cause he has none (:jawa_angel:)

*shrug* That's not a reflection on me. In point of fact, I don't actually care, I just want to keep the history straight.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

I guess it basically comes down to the quality of SG's healers in their prime, and that's something which is hard for me to judge. On the patented Sorvali Scale of Science, I would probably rank them a couple notches below Zorz's apex healing (because Sorvali + Tefia was truly madness), but things get pretty murky beyond that. SG did 4 heal Hateful…
Severity's progression Hateful kill was done with 5 Healers, 10 DPS, 1 Tank. When we had the gear from DF and DP HM we did 4 heal it though.

On a general note, I really would avoid comparing guilds from different eras. If 3.0 Zorz/Hates You or 4.0 Hates You/Phantoms groups got sent back to progression EC NiM I don't doubt they would have cleared them first, even if they had no knowledge of NiM and only knew HM EC. Now that isn't to say they had better players than everyone back then, merely that their players were better at a game they had been playing for 3-4 years compared to people who had been playing for 1 year. Alternatively, a lot of people in the EC days had prior MMO experience, where a lot of the people who became prominent later had no experience raiding in an MMO and developed from scratch. Then you have players who get casual over time, and players who don't play seriously for the first year or two. So you really can't say Zorz was better than Archetype because there is no direct comparison to go off of.

Edited by Emperor-Norton

Severity's progression Hateful kill was done with 5 Healers, 10 DPS, 1 Tank. When we had the gear from DF and DP HM we did 4 heal it though.

Really? I was completely misinformed. My understanding was that you had to 4 heal it pre-DP in order to beat the check. 4 healing it post-DP is somewhat less impressive. ;-)

On a general note, I really would avoid comparing guilds from different eras. If 3.0 Zorz/Hates You or 4.0 Hates You/Phantoms groups got sent back to progression EC NiM I don't doubt they would have cleared them first, even if they had no knowledge of NiM and only knew HM EC. Now that isn't to say they had better players than everyone back then, merely that their players were better at a game they had been playing for 3-4 years compared to people who had been playing for 1 year. Alternatively, a lot of people in the EC days had prior MMO experience, where a lot of the people who became prominent later had no experience raiding in an MMO and developed from scratch. Then you have players who get casual over time, and players who don't play seriously for the first year or two. So you really can't say Zorz was better than Archetype because there is no direct comparison to go off of.

And this is a really important point. Looking back at old clears, it's easy to see a lot of areas where seconds could be shaved off, or people could just tighten up in ways that are important in SWTOR raids and just not relevant in other games. That's not to say that SWTOR is harder than raiding in other games (e.g. WoW), it just imposes different constraints. Guilds got a lot better at those things as the game went on, and players became a lot more practiced at it. Heck, even just added experience with the vagaries of the hero engine and all the lovely tricks you need to pull to get it to crisp up its timing on DPS rotations. When was it exactly that people figured out the "jump trick"? Or the strafe trick? The former shaves an enormous amount of DtPS off of a tank in Firebrand and Stormcaller, but I really don't think anyone knew about it on tier.

So in a sense, the eras are incomparable as you say. It's still a fun line of thought.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

KeyboardNinja you know nothing you fool NGE hold over 20+

Woah remember when NGE was rah rah NM DP 16M extreme esports uber hard and I said it was easy and we'd beat the 16 guilds to the next tier?

Hi Talk **** get hit?

You know its bad when Europeans want to come play in Zorz over a EU guild.

NGE clearing irrelevant HM content when MoX was the second guild during S/V is rather amusing. Y'all started getting hammered when someone relevant reentered the scene (SG.) You're literally bragging about the most stupid **** like DnT would claiming world first login bosses when the competition was thin at best and the #1 competitor (Hatred) was busy not pulling Grob'thok because Carl was a terrible progression leader and wanted idiots pulling bosses.

Think it's time for someone to actually come with some statements based on 16man progression :jawa_tongue:

The enrage on tanks was definitely more demanding for DPS than the DPS requirements on Kephess, however the DPS requirement was the only requirement on tanks, Kephess was much more holistic with high requirements for healers, tanks and DPS. Regardless, it was a long time ago and you are also wrong in terms of who killed it, FriendlyFire and MoX were the only two that got it pre.nerf and then Chosen and ACE got it the night after the nerf patch. For Kephess, ACE were the only guild the kill it before any nerfs, Level Capped, Chosen, FriendlyFire and Severity Gaming (kills in that order) got it after the nerf.

:

Yeah MoX was terrible it was literally 6 people with brains/thumbs carrying 10 people that were bodies to complete the roster that could be replaced with literally anyone. This was never a competitive raiding scene as people wouldn't bench off of poor performance, repeated mistakes, and all the stuff.

MoX wasn't good and was 3rd to kill the boss and in the process of killing tanks burned out those without thumbs and people that didn't enjoy raiding a 9-12 hour schedule.

The game until 2.2 was an unborn fetus where 99% of players sucked and the game was so unpolished to be competitive you needed like 6 people with thumbs and the other ten to show up. Literally go watch kill videos or have first hand experience.

On a general note, I really would avoid comparing guilds from different eras. If 3.0 Zorz/Hates You or 4.0 Hates You/Phantoms groups got sent back to progress.

Please don't compare any form of Hates You to Zorz. We had the edge in every position and if the fight didn't go as scripted as orderken needed he looked like a beached whale. He literally had to get calculations met or he couldn't compute. Remember you can't double Sorc heal council.

The only players from Hates You I ever wanted was Bat/Cat and I never saw them in a serious raiding setting and I don't think either was in a progression setting better than our PT's/snipers. They were close though and I had extended invites pre 3.0 to both.

As for SG vs Zorz 8M

Who gets smugglin?

LOL @ SG healers

Zorz had DPS edge

SG had mechanical edge

Could SG raid as much as needed?

SG vs Zorz 16M

3.0 Zorz 16M was better than DF/DP SG

SG until thinmints got caught with the online booty was much better player for player.

Still WAITING FOR THE NEXT ZORZ FOR THE NEW RAIDS. TOP KEK.

Inb4 PTS/exploit gate/no life

You can thank the contributions to my paypal for the post.

CAN'T HEAL MORE THAN 2 STACKS OF HK SHIV TOP KEK.

Pffft you traded up, now you get to pvp with me and a crazy Mexican on jc :D

We all have our vices <3

We never had phenomenal healers. I dps'd and remember switching to heal for a Dreadful run and out healing our healers in lesser gear. This is not to say that they were bad. Just not god tier, if you will. We never had an issue healing given normal circumstances (Looking at you 16 Man NiM SnV Council fight....ugh most over tuned untested piece of crap fight ever. Whoever had the idea to make the mechanics in that fight....well they are a few fries short of a happy meal).

I would like to add that our tanks were pretty good. I personally feel that our Kephess kill was tanked cleaner than any other guild to date. Again, here they tanks were not god tier. Hell, how does one even rate a tank that high? With dps, it is easy...numbers are higher.

At the end of the day, I think our strengths were our structure and drive to be the best. Like most guilds, we had ups and downs. We were just able to remain relevant from EC till DF/DP.

It is that raiding community that I miss.

Good thread,

I loved following the progression guilds and seeing how they were doing. Never had enough time to be more than casual but watching them made my game better. Sad to see so many of them moving on but the game stopped progressing in PVE, hopefully Devs are paying attention and coming up with something, not holding my breath.

Just want to say thank you to all of you who competed, it made the game that much more special.

I dont normal come on the forums because it is a waste of time and i dont like people in general. However i will say 3 things before i stop.

Currently How many Raiding guild are still playing who have done all the content From when it came out? Not 1 other then us who do all content (16 and 8 man)

NGE are in EU in the English speaking section, please compare how many severs we could recruit from compared to the US for zorse and we still competed with them and any other guild that have come along. Dont tell me the french severs and other severs because no 1 ever came over we tried.

Finally: We currently have a guild roster of around 26 people who actively raid, 8 of them are now from the US from top guilds there who have moved over to raid with us or raid with us as well. You can say what you want but if there is any future content you know we will be competing for world firsts. Name one other guild that can always deliver that.

I dont normal come on the forums because it is a waste of time and i dont like people in general. However i will say 3 things before i stop.

Currently How many Raiding guild are still playing who have done all the content From when it came out? Not 1 other then us who do all content (16 and 8 man)

NGE are in EU in the English speaking section, please compare how many severs we could recruit from compared to the US for zorse and we still competed with them and any other guild that have come along. Dont tell me the french severs and other severs because no 1 ever came over we tried.

Finally: We currently have a guild roster of around 26 people who actively raid, 8 of them are now from the US from top guilds there who have moved over to raid with us or raid with us as well. You can say what you want but if there is any future content you know we will be competing for world firsts. Name one other guild that can always deliver that.

Is playing for the longevity of a game a thing now? There is literally noting to play for incase you missed the memo George and Matt (operation team) are no longer with the team or were reassigned. Jesse Sky (KOTFE head honcho) was fired because the great vision he had for the game had no longevity to it and I don't think they are meeting quotas.

If competing for a world first is limping to the finish line pre nerf and then getting beat by a 8M guild in 3.0 have fun and best of luck.

Have fun being optimistic but realistically the game will be shutdown before a new operation is released.

You're literally worse than Hotwired and his best Merc "rotation" with what you are posting. I actually like RikuvonDrake he is one of the few sensible NGE players.

Not worth my time to banter with you with what you posted.

Please don't compare any form of Hates You to Zorz. We had the edge in every position and if the fight didn't go as scripted as orderken needed he looked like a beached whale. He literally had to get calculations met or he couldn't compute. Remember you can't double Sorc heal council.

The only players from Hates You I ever wanted was Bat/Cat and I never saw them in a serious raiding setting and I don't think either was in a progression setting better than our PT's/snipers. They were close though and I had extended invites pre 3.0 to both.

Actually, one hot and steamy night on fleet, Yolo told me that I was better than Bat, Cat, and every one of Zorz' main DPS.

To quote, "You're like if Marisi and FreakyD had a lovechild out of wedlock. Which is especially weird because I'm fairly certain Marisi was a man." - Snickerrjew, November 2015.

Hotwired and his best Merc "rotation"

A number of people tried to say another rotation was better by pointing at the parses made by the first BiS characters in the world and saying that it was down to the rotation.

Once everyone who cared was BiS it turned out that the rotation that I advised and which granted superior mobility by using the procs as intended was pretty much the same. Just more mobile as I predicted.

6.7 seems to be the best assault parse anyones uploaded in 4.x.

You may choose between gargling a cactus or checking what rotation was being used.

It was no different on the 3.0 boards once people had their gear sorted and could try what they liked.

Edited by Gyronamics

A number of people tried to say another rotation was better by pointing at the parses made by the first BiS characters in the world and saying that it was down to the rotation.

Once everyone who cared was BiS it turned out that the rotation that I advised and which granted superior mobility by using the procs as intended was pretty much the same. Just more mobile as I predicted.

6.7 seems to be the best assault parse anyones uploaded in 4.x.

You may choose between gargling a cactus or checking what rotation was being used.

It was no different on the 3.0 boards once people had their gear sorted and could try what they liked.

Look bro you had the SAME resources they had during the 3.0 PTS. You never were close just insisted you were "correct" and the class had a alacrity issue which was amusing to say the least.

Good to see you are still delusional.

At the very least you're not your GM with some Scooba Steve roleplay we dababes cuz we've played since launch rawrrrrrr.

Edited by JDotter

Look bro you had the SAME resources they had during the 3.0 PTS. You never were close just insisted you were "correct" and the class had a alacrity issue which was amusing to say the least.

Good to see you're still delusional.

At the very least you're not your GM with some Scooba Steve roleplay we dababes cuz we've played since launch rawrrrrrr.

There's trash and there's incorrect trash.

The reason the class had its alacrity buff changed to 10% surge on PTS was because I proved that a RNG proc 3% alacrity buff can cause rotation failure when a rotation relies on tight procs. It still wasn't properly fixed by doing that and you can break a rotation with mistimed alacrity buffs or simply stacking alacrity to ~650 in 4.0 and watching the procs fail to line up which breaks rotation. The theory on that is in the class forum.

Quote me anywhere referring to another rotation and saying anything other than it being no better or less mobile.

The only reason there was any credibility in a difference in damage output was being able to post parses in BiS first after the 3.0 launch which obviously meant higher parses.

Anyone saying there is a meaningful damage difference is delusional indeed. As such your trash talk doesn't even have a grain of salt to it.

Edited by Gyronamics

There's trash and there's incorrect trash.

The reason the class had its alacrity buff changed to 10% surge on PTS was because I proved that a RNG proc 3% alacrity buff can cause rotation failure when a rotation relies on tight procs. It still wasn't properly fixed by doing that and you can break a rotation with mistimed alacrity buffs or simply stacking alacrity to ~650 in 4.0 and watching the procs fail to line up which breaks rotation. The theory on that is in the class forum.

Quote me anywhere referring to another rotation and saying anything other than it being no better or less mobile.

The only reason there was any credibility in a difference in damage output was being able to post parses in BiS first which obviously meant higher parses.

Anyone saying there is a meaningful damage difference is delusional indeed. As such your trash talk doesn't even have a grain of salt to it.

The class was broken on PTS/launch broken because you corrected the "alacrity" issue which was amusing because it was a non issue and it needed nerfs not buffs.

So yes or no did Fasc/Mari parse much higher on the PTS?

So yes or no did they do more damage on live?

Would you like to follow him to WoW

Can't win your Pov with

Anyone saying there is a meaningful damage difference is delusional indeed

More is more.

Mikey did more than me its ok friend

You know nothing if you think there is a damage difference in the rotation.

All parse rotations can be written to a bot to cycle until you have a strong crit and high roll streak and that is the farce which is a highscore board. Not a true calculation on how effective a rotation is.

So no, your assumptions are wrong.

The class was broken on PTS/launch broken because you corrected the "alacrity" issue which was amusing because it was a non issue and it needed nerfs not buffs.

Again you know nothing or are just talking whatever rubbish you think you can remember.

What I called for was a true fix by increasing proc timing and proved it would work. No damage changes.

What the developers came back with was a removal of the alacrity proc and replacement with the surge proc out of nowhere.

But do keep proving that you have memory failure. That's just between us though, hardly anyone else is here that knows the pts threads.

Edited by Gyronamics