Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Thank you for the incoming stack limit increase!

XiamaraSimi

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually don't like this change because I sell cargo bay unlocks regularly and this is going to impede on my sales.

Also I buy materials from the GTN and now that people can store more they will buy more and it's going to drive the prices I pay up.

I wish Bioware would reconsider this decision.

I think you'll be ok on the cargo bays. Nature abhorring a vacuum and all. Folks will find ways to fill that space. It doesn't necessarily follow that that because people will use less space that theyll want more of it (I'd still love another Legacy bay, for example, to help store all the armor sets from the alliance crates. This change really won't help with that)

As far as the mats go.. I suspect folks may stock up initially, but probably won't bother to restock constantly, only when they get low. When I'm forced to buy mats, I tend to buy up everything thats at or below my target price, not enough to fill the space I have open in storage. Sometimes that means I buy more than I have room for, usually it means less, so prices may fluctuate, but I suspect they'll settle back down.

The introduction of Rank 9 materials is more likely to affect your bottom line, especially if they don't seed an area for gathering like they did Yavin.

yay no more bays full of mats doh

While I welcome this I don't think it will have a huge impact on bay storage. If you just have one or two crafts maybe. If like me you have a character with every craft you still run out of space. Also remember that on the same day this happens will also be the same day as crafts go from 500 to 550 so there will be new mats for all crafts. That's just for crafts mats, once you start putting in legacy gear in storage, space is still going to be left wanting.

Still this change is still a step in the right direction and better than nothing.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

I think you'll be ok on the cargo bays. Nature abhorring a vacuum and all. Folks will find ways to fill that space. It doesn't necessarily follow that that because people will use less space that theyll want more of it (I'd still love another Legacy bay, for example, to help store all the armor sets from the alliance crates. This change really won't help with that)

As far as the mats go.. I suspect folks may stock up initially, but probably won't bother to restock constantly, only when they get low. When I'm forced to buy mats, I tend to buy up everything thats at or below my target price, not enough to fill the space I have open in storage. Sometimes that means I buy more than I have room for, usually it means less, so prices may fluctuate, but I suspect they'll settle back down.

The introduction of Rank 9 materials is more likely to affect your bottom line, especially if they don't seed an area for gathering like they did Yavin.

I wasn't really being serious, just seeing if it indeed was possible to find a legit reason to not like this change. :)

That's great news!

I bought a bunch of bays (cargo holds/legacy storage) in the past couple of weeks for my mats but they are always full. With this change I will probally have two empty bays on my legacy storage. And maybe one on my cargo holds on each toon.

One happy hoarder here :p

Somebody had to be the jerk, I guess I'll do it....

wwwaAaaaaaa!!!!!! I just spent a ton of in game fake money to buy mor cargo holds and now I didn't need to! It's a SLAP IN THE FACE! wewwaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Those bays will eventually become full after playing and collecting a lot of stuff. One of the things that I tend to hoard are a lot of are chest pieces from my collections with various color modules. If I keep the colors in them and I want to change my color in the future, it's a free change back without another color repurchase and an outfit charge. I'm only charged the outfit change fee. ;)

Items could even include old weapons, alternate gear/weapon sets (for those that don't use outfits), etc. More stuff is better! :cool:

Edited by BBQedGamer

Can you please add a sort button to the legacy bank too? Unless it's already there and I'm just blind as a bat.

As someone who lost over a dozen cartel market items by sorting bay 5, and now has support saying they can't find any record of those items existing in the first place, I feel compelled to say don't use sort :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.