What If Thexan Won...

MarauderNZero

Well, if Thexan had won, their father would still be alive...as I don't see Thexan killing him. If Valkorian was left alive, he couldn't possess the Outlander, so the Outlander wouldn't have the internal conflicts of having this guy sharing their meat suit.

If the Outlander showed up, they'd probably still end up in prison or carbon frozen, so that might not change anything...but there would be less fascinating conflict if Thexan lived. Vaylin also seemed to like Thexan and regretted his death, so there wouldn't be much conflict between them either.

It's possible if Thexan opposed his father, he might have been the one to free the Outlander from carbonite, but I don't see it happening.

I feel like Thexan was a voice of reason, and it's not as likely that he would have done extreme things like Arcann, and extreme actions are an easy way to drive plot.

Well, if Thexan had won, their father would still be alive...as I don't see Thexan killing him. If Valkorian was left alive, he couldn't possess the Outlander, so the Outlander wouldn't have the internal conflicts of having this guy sharing their meat suit.

If the Outlander showed up, they'd probably still end up in prison or carbon frozen, so that might not change anything...but there would be less fascinating conflict if Thexan lived. Vaylin also seemed to like Thexan and regretted his death, so there wouldn't be much conflict between them either.

It's possible if Thexan opposed his father, he might have been the one to free the Outlander from carbonite, but I don't see it happening.

I feel like Thexan was a voice of reason, and it's not as likely that he would have done extreme things like Arcann, and extreme actions are an easy way to drive plot.

Valkorion would still die... Because I killed him! Seriously why does everyone assume that the canon Outlander bows to Valkorion????

Valkorion would still die... Because I killed him! Seriously why does everyone assume that the canon Outlander bows to Valkorion????

No one does, because there isn't a cannon. Plus the Outlander only got a shot at Valk because Arcaan removed the restraints, plus Valk seemed to want to be struck down at that point because of how ambitious Arcaan had become.

the outlander only kills Valkorion because of Arcaan and that is the only reason because he removed the restraints and gave u a shot, if Arcaan didn't help you then you wouldn't have killed Valkorion because thanks to Arcaan his fathers attention was on his son and not you plus what you may have done someone else did something different there is no canon

Edit: also Arcaan was suppose to kill you when you was helpless with the restraints but Arcaan wanted the throne and wanted his father removed so he removed the restraints and targeted his father which allowed you to stab his father in the back and guess what between Arcaan and Valkorion, I'd say Valkorion is the lesser of the two evils. If you did bow to the emperor his son Arcaan kills his father not you

Edited by loctys

No, you wouldn't have killed him, because you'd still be in stun cuffs. Only way you got to kill him was because Arcann set you free. I'm not assuming you bowed, I don't assume anything about anyone, but yeah, Arcann frees you and gives you the chance to slay Valkorian.

Edited by Lunafox

No, you wouldn't have killed him, because you'd still be in stun cuffs. Only way you got to kill him was because Arcann set you free. I'm not assuming you bowed, I don't assume anything about anyone, but yeah, Arcann frees you and gives you the chance to slay Valkorian. Funny how that plot point gets forgotten lol.

Pfffft, the Outlander could totally just break out of those cuffs with their chuck noris powers and punch Valkorian into oblivion!

Pfffft, the Outlander could totally just break out of those cuffs with their chuck noris powers and punch Valkorian into oblivion!

Ok Chuck, sure, who am I to argue with your headcanon :D I'd be all for it honestly, because I think they make it sound like the Outlander is weak compared to them, it would be nice to show them otherwise, Lana included. I hope we get the chance to wipe the floor with Vaylin and Arcann.

Ok Chuck, sure, who am I to argue with your headcanon :D I'd be all for it honestly, because I think they make it sound like the Outlander is weak compared to them, it would be nice to show them otherwise, Lana included. I hope we get the chance to wipe the floor with Vaylin and Arcann.

I'm hoping for an outander training montage! We need a personal Yoda...

And the Outlander isn't weak compared to them, the outlander is simply weaker.

I'm hoping for an outander training montage! We need a personal Yoda...

And the Outlander isn't weak compared to them, the outlander is simply weaker.

Well, yeah, I suppose after not doing anything physical for 5 years, it's a wonder they're able to move at all. The muscles would be seriously atrophied...but who knows maybe there's something in carbonite that prevents that from happening. Not sure if you ever saw Kill Bill, but when the Bride woke from her coma, tbh, I was amazed she managed to even drag herself out to the parking garage to steal the truck...and how long did she lie there trying to wiggle her big toe?

Well, yeah, I suppose after not doing anything physical for 5 years, it's a wonder they're able to move at all. The muscles would be seriously atrophied...but who knows maybe there's something in carbonite that prevents that from happening. Not sure if you ever saw Kill Bill, but when the Bride woke from her coma, tbh, I was amazed she managed to even drag herself out to the parking garage to steal the truck...and how long did she lie there trying to wiggle her big toe?

12 hours or so until she moved but is carbonite not like being frozen do muscles still get atrophied when frozen? You know there are some kind of salamanders that can stay frozen for years and their muscles do not get atrophied.

I don't really think carbonite will ever cover the problem with somone being released who hasn't used their bodies for years. I'm still annoyed about how Revan is able to move so easily after being released, when he should be down on the ground screaming about how his limbs arn't working!

When carbonite freezing works properly, your body is held in complete stasis - unaging, unchanging, not decaying or atrophying or anything... though for some reason when you're thawed out, your eyes don't work for the first few hours (Han Solo, the guy on Hutta, and various other examples over the years).

The Outlander doesn't have the normal "hibernation sickness" symptom of temporary blindness. Instead we're poisoned and in danger of dying until Lana injects us with whatever is in that cure. I guess that's because having the player character be blind for several hours wouldn't be as interesting.

As for Revan... he was being held in some fancy stasis field and "kept alive with Sith Alchemy". Presumably the same thing that extended his lifespan kept his body from changing in any way.

12 hours or so until she moved but is carbonite not like being frozen do muscles still get atrophied when frozen? You know there are some kind of salamanders that can stay frozen for years and their muscles do not get atrophied.

Ok, I thought it was something like that, I just remembered it was a long time. I'm not really sure how it works, after you've been frozen...I just figured the lack of use would be a huge problem and a weakening factor. I didn't know about the salamaders but it is kind of interesting to consider.

I don't really think carbonite will ever cover the problem with somone being released who hasn't used their bodies for years. I'm still annoyed about how Revan is able to move so easily after being released, when he should be down on the ground screaming about how his limbs arn't working!

Yeah, Revan he had it fairly easy, considering what the Emperor supposedly put him through. I remember Han Solo seeming a bit weak when he thawed, he was a bit jittery and flopped out on Leia, and of course his sight. I fully expected we'd have to go through that too, but was a bit disappointed when it didn't really happen. If you choose the option "Lana? Is that you?" on the dialogue wheel, I think I remember her saying, 'you're worse than I thought' or something like that. It felt more authentic to me anyways.

When carbonite freezing works properly, your body is held in complete stasis - unaging, unchanging, not decaying or atrophying or anything... though for some reason when you're thawed out, your eyes don't work for the first few hours (Han Solo, the guy on Hutta, and various other examples over the years).

The Outlander doesn't have the normal "hibernation sickness" symptom of temporary blindness. Instead we're poisoned and in danger of dying until Lana injects us with whatever is in that cure. I guess that's because having the player character be blind for several hours wouldn't be as interesting.

As for Revan... he was being held in some fancy stasis field and "kept alive with Sith Alchemy". Presumably the same thing that extended his lifespan kept his body from changing in any way.

Ok, well I wasn't sure, I haven't really considered this before today, but it did seem to make sense that a lack of use would really mess up the body and weaken it. I was a bit disappointed we didn't endure the hibernation sickness, but like you say, being that way and in danger would make it dull for the game. It's different in movie where you can just cut to the next scene or use it for humour.

It would have been different. The pc would be dead if they had refused valks gift, Thexan would have followed through with his fathers command to kill the pc.

The pc accepting Valks power would have been interesting with Thexan alive, one big happy family.

I hope eventually we find out what that power sharing was going to do.

Valkorion only dies because he gets distracted. If the other son lives there would be no distraction.

No amount of plot armor would allow the PC to kill Valkorion outright.

• 4 months later...

Thexan's biggest weakness was his brother, he would never have harmed him since he spent his life looking after him.

If Thexan accidentally killed Arcann then I think he would have been pretty depressed about it. Blaming Valkorion for turning his brother into a monster he'd probably side with the Outlander - and most likely giving his own life to destroy his father.