planetary vendors gone - how I can get this lightsaber hilt as rep faction?

Eommer

I took a look around and this is what I found. The specialty vendors are still intact, but for how long I do not know. As developers have this bug up their arse about removing items from a game, that is hurting. Not logical at all nor is any of the fleets hurting for space. So you may be able to find what your looking for with that particular hilt at the specialty vendor. They have removed the weapons vendors as well, so I would not hold my breath in finding that hilt. They have also removed the level 40 pvp gear vendors too.

Myself just sticking around to get the pack then I am gone, this is beyond robbery to force people into the cm. All this content once available to all players now gone.

I took a look around and this is what I found. The specialty vendors are still intact, but for how long I do not know. As developers have this bug up their arse about removing items from a game, that is hurting. Not logical at all nor is any of the fleets hurting for space. So you may be able to find what your looking for with that particular hilt at the specialty vendor. They have removed the weapons vendors as well, so I would not hold my breath in finding that hilt. They have also removed the level 40 pvp gear vendors too.

Myself just sticking around to get the pack then I am gone, this is beyond robbery to force people into the cm. All this content once available to all players now gone.

I was going to say this as well. Go to Nar Shadaa and findthe specialty vendor. It MIGHT still be there.

I've just come back after a break and noticed how much they had removed.

It does feel like they are pushing people to the CM more than they did before. I've never known an MMO remove as much as they have with this game and for no reason whatsoever.

I've just come back after a break and noticed how much they had removed.

It does feel like they are pushing people to the CM more than they did before. I've never known an MMO remove as much as they have with this game and for no reason whatsoever.

yeah. thats true. i dont why. maybe their database are running full. LOL

no good answer here

If I was a betting man, I would say that BW response would be that this change is more about database maintenance then it is about pushing people into the CM.

In the Dev notes for 4.1, they talk about changing the availability of crystals for weapons. They made the argument that the lower state crystals weren't being used and as a result they were purging them from the database.

I believe that they will make the same argument for the gear. Lower level armor and weapons don't have the base level skill that the higher level items do. As a result, there has probably been a massive drop in the players who are purchasing these items. It doesn't matter that you can count on your fingers and toes the difference between the core stat on this equipment (the state that remains when you remove all mods), and that of the high level gear may of us have access to by default.

What matters in their eyes is that to fix this, they would have to go in and modify each item on the database. From a time saving point of view, it just is more efficient to delete the vendor than it is to modify each item the vendor sells.

The fact that by removing said vendor only pushes a few more players to look at items in the CM, is just icing on the cake for them.

Hey folks,

The dev team informs us that virtually all of the core armor appearances previously on those vendors can still be located throughout the game. The majority of the old armor sets can be found via Crafting rewards, Missions, and Heroic Mission rewards. Now, there may be some variants of these core armor sets which are no longer available, but we’ll adjust that over time and slowly re-add pieces. If there are specific armor sets that can no longer be found, send the information to the Community Team and we’ll pass it along.

-eric

I'm going to freely assume this applies to weapons as well. So go and send them (Tait & Eric) a PM and let them know this particular model is no longer obtainable. I'll do the same with my list of favorite blasters and rifles, once I've reached a satisfactory level of completion.

ETA: Make sure to let them know that you mean pub side, not in general. Otherwise they'll wave it off as 'still obtainable, no action necessary'.

Edited by KyaniteD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.