Returning Companions

Vanis

I'm not into hulking brutes like Pierce IRL. I like guys that use their minds, but aren't afraid to fight if necessary. I don't find huge muscles very attractive. Guys like Quinn and Vector are the kind of guy I would like IRL....Intelligent, sweet, romantic, yet awkward until they get to know you better. .. Cytharat fits in there, too..if you leave out the not liking women bit lol

Although..I like Scourge for some reason lol

Edited by Avashnea

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, it would be nice, upon Quinn's return, to have an option for Pierce to kill him (for those people who dislike him).

Oh gosh, in my mind, that would just be a cosmic injustice, right there. It would be like if my husband's co-worker started complaining to me about my husband behind his back, and then I slept with the co-worker, and then I let the co-worker kill my husband right in front of me.

But anyway we know LI's can be killed now, so I'm sure one day in the future I'm just going to want to stay away from the forums while everyone relentlessly describes how they killed my character's spouse and how delighted they are about it, lol :o

I want my bugboy back, too!

*nods* Vector is special :)

Edited by grania

Maybe you should play the femwarrior and see what that "romance" is about. Two flirts, a lay, and that's it.

Nope. My warrior deserves a mate, and people who play femwarriors don't deserve a lesser story experience just because our option is questionable. Why not just let us enjoy what we got? Quinn's romance, by itself, is pretty f'ing sublime.

And that is your choice. If you can peacefully sleep next to someone that just lied to you, plotted to ambush you, and then tried to kill you, then that is your choice. My Original statement was concerning why most guys hate Quinn, (because he deserved it for his betrayal), and that still stands.

And that is your choice. If you can peacefully sleep next to someone that just lied to you, plotted to ambush you, and then tried to kill you, then that is your choice. My Original statement was concerning why most guys hate Quinn, (because he deserved it for his betrayal), and that still stands.

I know, they don't see the other side of Quinn's personality. I don't blame guys for hating him. It's not a perfect love story but it sure is memorable.

I know, they don't see the other side of Quinn's personality. I don't blame guys for hating him. It's not a perfect love story but it sure is memorable.

I read a blog about Quinn that made sense and explained his reason for doing what he did. He knew that if he refused, Baras would kill him, but after a LOT of torture and pain and then he'd still be trying to kill the SW.

But if he went through with it, and failed, he fully expected a quick death at her hands. There's NO way that he really programmed the robots to kill her, since he's a perfectionist in everything he does.

He saw no way out of the situation.

Edited by Avashnea

I read a blog about Quinn that made sense and explained his reason for doing what he did. He knew that if he refused, Baras would kill him, but after a LOT of torture and pain and then he'd still be trying to kill the SW.

But if he went through with it, and failed, he fully expected a quick death at her hands. There's NO way that he really programmed the robots to kill her, since he's a perfectionist in everything he does.

He saw no way out of the situation.

Considering how pathetically easy those droids are to kill, I had a theory that he underestimated the warrior's skills pretty badly and assumed the warrior could never, ever defeat Baras, so the choice was more or less between him giving the warrior a quick death or letting Baras do whatever he wants to the warrior.

If you choose to look at it that way, then it's about as perfect and tragic a love story as it gets :)

I personally choose to question whether the author really understood the implications of what he wrote when he put that part in the story. I have to wonder if he had any inkling of how if would be interpreted by people who played female warriors who were in the midst of a romance with the character. Or like me, had already married the guy and discussed children, etc.

Edited by grania

If you choose to look at it that way, then it's about as perfect and tragic a love story as it gets :)

I personally choose to question whether the author really understood the implications of what he wrote when he put that part in the story. I have to wonder if he had any inkling of how if would be interpreted by people who played female warriors who were in the midst of a romance with the character. Or like me, had already married the guy and discussed children, etc.

Remember, he told her he didn't want to choose between them , but Baras forced his hand.

Remember, he told her he didn't want to choose between them , but Baras forced his hand.

True enough. And like I said before, the romance by itself was, in my opinion, excellent. The best one I've played through, with Vector being second. He wrote it very well.

Oh gosh, in my mind, that would just be a cosmic injustice, right there. It would be like if my husband's co-worker started complaining to me about my husband behind his back, and then I slept with the co-worker, and then I let the co-worker kill my husband right in front of me.

Ahahahah. Made me laugh. That is pretty much it. However, I did not romance Quinn on my warrior (knew the story :D), so it would be my 'boyfriend' killing a coward co-worker whom he already dislikes. Dummy should have thought twice before working behind my warrior's back. I wish warrior had better romance companions. Just my opinion. Honestly, if this was real life, I would pick Quinn but since I do not give second chances we would be done the moment after his betrayal. Also, he dislikes Vette and, in my mind, that is like disliking a little kitten. Kinda. :)

*nods* Vector is special :)

*doublenod*

I like Vector, a lot. I think he is my favorite romance companion next to Andronikos...because...voice... and doesn't like to be manipulated (at least I think so). :o

There's NO way that he really programmed the robots to kill her, since he's a perfectionist in everything he does.

That'd be a great explanation if all Warriors, regardless of gender, were locked into a romance with Quinn. But they aren't. Quinn's droids fail just as badly against a non-romanced SW as they do against a romanced SW. Perhaps he's just incompetent.

That'd be a great explanation if all Warriors, regardless of gender, were locked into a romance with Quinn. But they aren't. Quinn's droids fail just as badly against a non-romanced SW as they do against a romanced SW. Perhaps he's just incompetent.

Or maybe he saw no way out of the power play between 2 powerful Sith other than death.

Edited by Avashnea

I would like to see a companion come back as the bad guy of a chapter.

Maybe they wont know its you but they work for Arcann now.

You can either redeem then and convince them to join your alliance or you can kill them.

Maybe even have some companion on companion violence, where you have to choose sides and companions can kill one another.

Edited by kirorx

It is not just guys that don't like Quinn. Some ladies (like myself) have a problem with him as well. I have a problem with him lying to me and then sleeping with me. Sorry that to me is not someone I want around.

Meh, my femwarrior doesn't deserve to be alone the rest of her life just because of an ill-conceived story element. We don't get two romance options like the male warrior gets, neither of which betray you. So.. nyah

There are other options if you do the KOTFE (Theron and Koth) so it is not like the warrior is stuck with that choice. You can make a different choice and believe me my warrior is going with Theron when I get her there. I don't sleep with someone that lies and tries to kill me. I ended the relationship when he did that and thankfully it hadn't gotten that far. So I am one lady that is looking to kill him for that. I understand his reasons but I will not sleep with a traitor.

There are other options if you do the KOTFE (Theron and Koth) so it is not like the warrior is stuck with that choice. You can make a different choice and believe me my warrior is going with Theron when I get her there. I don't sleep with someone that lies and tries to kill me. I ended the relationship when he did that and thankfully it hadn't gotten that far. So I am one lady that is looking to kill him for that. I understand his reasons but I will not sleep with a traitor.

Yes, I know them. They're boring, they barely speak to you, and they are generic for every class and gender. Plus, I like Quinn - we're peas in an imperial pod. Plus, I'm not worried about dying in my sleep because he isn't real and neither is my character. :p It doesn't matter all that much that I wouldn't trust him in real life.

An aside - I like to defend Quinn because he is an entertaining character. And people who admit to liking him open themselves up to a lot of criticism. (As if it's relevant in any way to what we would enjoy or tolerate from real life relationships.)

Let's not do this: "I like this thing." "You must be stupid, because you like that thing."

Edited by grania

Or maybe he saw no way out of the power play between 2 powerful Sith other than death.

He directly contradicts that in the game. You can assume he's lying, which is well and good, but unlike with the romance, there's no particular reason to think that he's lying other than to develop a Tragic Antihero Headcanon for him.

This is how I usually view the terminal (feels weird to run around with a companion who, story wise, should not be anywhere to be found), but...I may have made an exception for Quinn. :D

Seriously, though, I still want him back ASAP in the story, too.

I made my one and only exception for Vector. It does feel weird to have him running around with me BUT I'm using him as my tank for Heroics. The Heroics that are out of time in regards to KotFE anyway. So in a weird way it makes sense. He was my companion during the timeline those Heroics take place (for the most part; hand wave over the Pre-Alderaan Heroics) so it's like my Agent is just reliving old memories and she's getting her Alliance crates through other means.

Those are the mental gymnastics I do anyway. :D

Well, Andronikus is a pirate, so maybe you'll get your wish.

Maybe. It seems more likely that he'd join the Alliance with an army of pirates from Rishi along with Jakarro and C2-D4. In SOR, Jakarro mentions going back to show the pirates what's what after the battle with Revan.

Andronikos also commented that Rishi was his kind of place when you first arrive. It would be interesting if that was a lead in to his recruitment chapter. :D

Andronikos also commented that Rishi was his kind of place when you first arrive. It would be interesting if that was a lead in to his recruitment chapter. :D

Personally I have the reunion going like this:

Andronikus has gone back to being one of the most fearsome pirates known, but he preys exclusively on Zakuul ships and his crew consists of all kinds of people with one thing in common- they all hate Zakuul. His ship has never been successfully chased until one day he takes his ship through an asteroid belt (sound familiar to you SIs?) and it did not go as well as it had last time. The ship gets stalled and the Outlander goes there in the hopes of convincing him to join them.

As soon as the SI steps on deck, Andronikus is suspicious that it's some sort of trick, and he deliberately sets her up in a trap so he can catch her. Then when he finally sees that it's really her, he grabs the SI, carries her to his room, passes Lana saying that they'll join up and ignores everything else she says, and then spends the next several hours catching up with his wifey.

Of course, I know it's not going to actually go this way because I'm never right about this sort of thing, but it's still fun to think about.

Personally I have the reunion going like this:

Andronikus has gone back to being one of the most fearsome pirates known, but he preys exclusively on Zakuul ships and his crew consists of all kinds of people with one thing in common- they all hate Zakuul. His ship has never been successfully chased until one day he takes his ship through an asteroid belt (sound familiar to you SIs?) and it did not go as well as it had last time. The ship gets stalled and the Outlander goes there in the hopes of convincing him to join them.

As soon as the SI steps on deck, Andronikus is suspicious that it's some sort of trick, and he deliberately sets her up in a trap so he can catch her. Then when he finally sees that it's really her, he grabs the SI, carries her to his room, passes Lana saying that they'll join up and ignores everything else she says, and then spends the next several hours catching up with his wifey.

Of course, I know it's not going to actually go this way because I'm never right about this sort of thing, but it's still fun to think about.

Hey it's got my vote for best concept! Bioware, make it happen! :D