The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lvl sync is ruining our experience...

MiguelGx

...and specially at the end of chapters that force you to come back to starter planets. The most epic moment of the storylines gets ruined by this laughable difficulty, heck, even the boss fights can't be taken seriously thanks to this magnific idea, kudos to you Bioware. Edited by MiguelGx

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Boss fights can't be taken seriously" due to... You not being able to one shot them? Huh? What are you talking about OP?

I think he's referring to bosses at the ends of quest arcs that are so easy that the fight is usually over before the player even realizes it. He or she does have a point. But I would think it has more to do with the crazy amount of experience this game gives players . It's not level sync really. The fact that you can be level 50 on say Hoth is ridiculous and trivializes any fight that should matter.

I think he's referring to bosses at the ends of quest arcs that are so easy that the fight is usually over before the player even realizes it. He or she does have a point.

This is exactly what the OP was saying and I completely agree with him that having the climactic encounters in our class stories be so faceroll easy completely ruins them. I don't think level sync is the culprit, though. I think it is the byproduct of the rebalancing of combat in the entire game in 4.0 to appease the "story" players.

This is exactly what the OP was saying and I completely agree with him that having the climactic encounters in our class stories be so faceroll easy completely ruins them. I don't think level sync is the culprit, though. I think it is the byproduct of the rebalancing of combat in the entire game in 4.0 to appease the "story" players.

Quit trying to correct stupid people. They only want to read what they want to read, not the truth of what is being said. Ever since I first posted about boss fights being stupidly easy, these same people keep responding as if people are saying it's too hard. Clearly their mind is made up that BW can do no wrong, and they have not leveled a character since 4.0 came out. I have stopped trying to correct them, stupidity can only be tolerated for so long.

Quit trying to correct stupid people. They only want to read what they want to read, not the truth of what is being said. Ever since I first posted about boss fights being stupidly easy, these same people keep responding as if people are saying it's too hard. Clearly their mind is made up that BW can do no wrong, and they have not leveled a character since 4.0 came out. I have stopped trying to correct them, stupidity can only be tolerated for so long.

Take your own advice. We are saying it has nothing to do with level sync, and it doesn't. How anyone can possible think that the cause of a boss fight being too easy is a system that results in a player being weaker than they otherwise would be is totally beyond me.

Are boss fights easier now? Yes. Nothing at all to do with level sync though.

Level sync is fine, it's been a positive change to the game. The only issue, and it's very minor in the first place, are some of the final "boss" fights of the story takes place on a lower planet, I don't think it makes too big a difference, we're years into this game now. Sure someone who played 4 years ago might have died leveling up where as players don't die anymore but that's the general path MMOs take. People died when leveling in the early days of WoW, now people can hit max level in about the same time it took to run back to your corpse after dying back in Vanilla WoW.

They won't ever get rid of level sync now, it's here to stay, just deal with it.

Yeah but think about it...even without level sync it was just as easy, I remember doing all the end bosses for the different classes. It didn't even change you still faceroll through it except now it's a lower level. They were NEVER difficult or challenging.

I've been playing this game since beta, and I'm only saying that because I've done all the class stories multiple times and even back THEN I never once said "Wow! Killing Baras was so awesome and challenging" It was always a faceroll no matter what.

Edited by Bouncy_Hunter

Its pretty hilarious when all my enemies are feared warlords, ancient champions, huge beast, Sith lords ( that are suppose to be masters in the force through many years of intense training and knowledge ) - yet not one can seem to best my twi'lek slave girl in underwear and a cheap blaster. Some strange galaxy we live in.

I like level sync, I don't mind some of the way certain fights have been made easier. I do agree they should not be as easy as they are now, but level sync is not the core problem to this.

Level sync means if they made a fight harder I would have to look at gear, or companions to make the content easier. I can't make it easier through just out-leveling the story content and coming back as a 60 to a level 50 fight.

The changes to level sync also made it so I can't come back to a level 50 heroic and run circles to make my credits off farming. Now I have to actually you know... play the game. Which had also been the primary way a lot of the gold farmers were making the credits as well. Standing outside the instance I regularly farmed I often saw what I knew were farmer/burner accounts for farmers.

That said... it is so easy that even with not being able to just flat out level the content it's a little too easy to roll through in some cases. I get wanting to return to story, but a slight buff to encounters to make some harder would be nice... but I'm not going to stress it.

I think he's referring to bosses at the ends of quest arcs that are so easy that the fight is usually over before the player even realizes it. He or she does have a point. But I would think it has more to do with the crazy amount of experience this game gives players . It's not level sync really. The fact that you can be level 50 on say Hoth is ridiculous and trivializes any fight that should matter.

Oh, I do agree with the fact that boss fights have lost their epicness, but that has nothing to do with level sync, and everything to do with nerfs, oversimplification, overtuned companions and overlevelling. If anything, level sync is the last thing keeping single player content relevant in the game, otherwise you'd be one-shotting every single enemy, while fighting completely naked.

But there needs to be a buff to make some of the story line Bosses more suspenseful. You can't tout and build up your storyline boss only to die in 10 seconds. It makes the entire class story uneventful and meaningless. They really do need to buff them, more HP, some more dmg, make me use a heal ffs lol.

Oh, I do agree with the fact that boss fights have lost their epicness, but that has nothing to do with level sync, and everything to do with nerfs, oversimplification, overtuned companions and overlevelling. If anything, level sync is the last thing keeping single player content relevant in the game, otherwise you'd be one-shotting every single enemy, while fighting completely naked.

What are you talking about? Who here has gone back to Tython and completed the heroic there? Can you honestly tell me as a level 10 player, you were able to kill the enemies there as easily as you can when you are level 50? Seriously? That is level sync. That entire heroic, with bonus mission, takes less than 2 minutes if you and your comp are dps. 3 if one of you are on heals. This is the same level as a lot of the Sith Inquisitor end of story fights. There is a huge difference. Tremendous difference, and it is because of level sync. It is because you are level 50+, attacking someone who is level 12. Even with you boosted down, you are still way overpowered, because not all stats go down.

What are you talking about? Who here has gone back to Tython and completed the heroic there? Can you honestly tell me as a level 10 player, you were able to kill the enemies there as easily as you can when you are level 50? Seriously? That is level sync. That entire heroic, with bonus mission, takes less than 2 minutes if you and your comp are dps. 3 if one of you are on heals. This is the same level as a lot of the Sith Inquisitor end of story fights. There is a huge difference. Tremendous difference, and it is because of level sync. It is because you are level 50+, attacking someone who is level 12. Even with you boosted down, you are still way overpowered, because not all stats go down.

Ok, at this point I just don't believe you have a clue what level sync actually is - level sync ins't CAUSING you to be overpowered doing that heroic on Tython, is causing you to be less overpowered than you otherwise would be.

I'm level 65 and do that heroic weekly. When I do so, due to level sync, I get pulled down to level 12 (I think) and many of my stats are reduced dramatically. I still have all my skills etc and the heroic is very very easy. Without level sync I would still have full stats and it would be even easier. Now, on Tython that doesn't make a whole lot of difference, but on Voss? I used to be able to pull the entire instance on Voss heroics, run to a corner and simply aoe until they were all dead - that simply isn't possible with level sync.

Level sync doesn't suddenly make the mobs weaker or do anything other than cap your own stats - how anyone can say with a straight face that that causes content, any content, to be easier than it would be without level sync beggars belief.

alright guys, I understand what the OP is saying, and this is a problem for specific classes.

Namely the sith classes.

everyone else is on corellia or a unique story instance and thus is fighting near level 50.

problem is the SW and SI return to Korriban, and their bosses are thus level 12. and well.. push overs.

having just completed the warrior storyline I agree this is a bit of a mild problem, and would like to see BW try to address it. perhaps by making the dark council chambers a seperate instance level matched to the level of the player

Ok, at this point I just don't believe you have a clue what level sync actually is - level sync ins't CAUSING you to be overpowered doing that heroic on Tython, is causing you to be less overpowered than you otherwise would be.

I'm level 65 and do that heroic weekly. When I do so, due to level sync, I get pulled down to level 12 (I think) and many of my stats are reduced dramatically. I still have all my skills etc and the heroic is very very easy. Without level sync I would still have full stats and it would be even easier. Now, on Tython that doesn't make a whole lot of difference, but on Voss? I used to be able to pull the entire instance on Voss heroics, run to a corner and simply aoe until they were all dead - that simply isn't possible with level sync.

Level sync doesn't suddenly make the mobs weaker or do anything other than cap your own stats - how anyone can say with a straight face that that causes content, any content, to be easier than it would be without level sync beggars belief.

Again, stupidity without understanding. The OP says his level 50 quest. The bad guy at the end used to be level 50. Now he is 12. Are you saying level sync has nothing to do with this? Are you really that stupid? The only reason that boss went from 50 to 12 is because of level sync. And because of level sync, this fight, that although hasn't been hard for a long time, is now a laughingstock. Because of level sync. Level sync is making level 50 bosses level 12. You can't blame anything else, besides level sync. Unless you are a freaking moron. Then I guess you can blame whatever you want.

I like that I get experience points for doing quests that I out leveled. I don't even use xp booster anymore - I do the class and planetary missions and they give more than enough xp and with level sync I am for example already level 30 with a character that just finished Tattoine.

I don't mind being level 12 for the final boss fight - the fight was easy before level sync. And I still have all my skills. So no big deal for me.

The only thing that I see as a negative effect for me is that I cannot play flashpoints that are not converted to solo anymore without a group - with level sync I will be set to the flashpoint level so I have to play it with a group. But as flashpoints are normally designed to play with a group this is not a bug but intended design. But I am grateful for the flashpoints that were converted to solo.

So overall I must say I like level sync.

There seems to be some confusion here.

Before 4.0 the game was at it's easiest. If you run content overleveled, NOTHING is easier, period. You are fighting mobs that can't even touch you, and you mow them down without a thought.

Now, at least, it is impossible to overlevel content so much that the mobs are gray.

However, elites and champions are a bit wierd, in that some offer a decent challenge, others are a pushover. Especially weird when an elite is easy but a champion is fodder.

So, yes, IMO, the elite and champion mobs should likely get a pass for balance. They should offer a consistent challenge across the board, even if that means removing some of the champions from H2+ content IMO.

Only morons think level sync is ruining the game. If you still cant do it with the level sync, then you just suck and need to go play candyland. Now stop ************ about it and play the game. Its fine

I think Level Sync is the wrong way to implement a right idea.

It trivialises content, but adds an appearance of difficulty. Giving an Exarch tons of health and spammable knock-backs, and self-heals isn't "hard content" its badly, and lazily designed content.

And before you lay out the L2P comments I've soloed the Voss Exarch several times (and he is probably the toughest of them).

Level Sync hasn't "added content", its added grind to try and make old content feel relevant again.

That said, I can understand why they have done it, and by and large I am so far enjoying the Alliance Grind.

But to call someone a moron just because they don't agree with your opinion on Level Sync is, well.... ...moronic.

All The Best

I'm very much in favor of level sync; but the specific effect it has on class missions that are set on lower-level planets is a problem. It's not a big problem in the grand scheme of things, but it is jarring when you blow through $BIG_THREAT$ without breaking a sweat because they've got the stats of an L12 boss.

There's plenty of other things I'd like to see fixed beforehand, but I hope this is at least on the devs radar. If it's never fixed, I'll deal with it, though.

I think complaining about level sync while you are still leveling is a little lame. While leveling, level sync is great. You get decent creditss, decent xp, and keeps the gear you are wearing relevant to your level. When you are max level however, level sync becomes a nuisance, because you no longer care about XP, and you do not care about how challenging something is when you have already done it an x amount of times. You kind of just want to get it done, so you can build up your credits to buy that very expensive outfit in the gtn or crystals to get that legendary gear.

but even with the cons of level sync, it's not the end of the world.

As for the heroics being more challenging. I don't think they are.

Edited by cool-dude