Things You're Glad Are Not Lore Anymore

DewyMossEmpire

Anything you are glad that has been implemented by SWTOR or other EU that isn't lore anymore? I sure have a few lol

• Satele Shan

• Kira Carsen

• Mother Machine computer that creates aliens (this was so dumb)

• Emperor Vitiate

• Jakarro & C2-D4

• Consular storyline centered around taking care of elderly sick people.

• Belsavis

• Sand Demon

Etc. Thoughts?

What exactly do you mean by "not lore anymore"?

Probably meaning, "not canon."

***EDIT***

FWIW: I'm glad to see most of the EU go. Most of it was rubbish to begin with. I'll stick to the movies and, as always, consider everything else to be Take It or Leave It.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

Hardly the case. Disney is able to pick and choose what they please from the EU now. It will work out good I think!

More than that. Whatever they might decide to pick is still not guaranteed to conform to its EU details, nor is there any obligation for them to attempt to do so. The lore of the EU is no longer binding in any way.

:D:cool:

Yeah, seeing too much of the s**t-fest that was the Inquisitor's story does that to you.

I really liked how Dark Side the Inquisitor storyline felt, leaning all of the deep secrets & using the power of ghosts & all. But it definitely is not my favorite, & it has a lot of boring stretches.

Endless clones of Emperor. Endless clones of Luke. Moon-throwing fleet-devouring ********..

Indeed.

If there is one thing that the writers of the story of this game absolutely abuse to no end, it is Vititate. He is the most cliché, boring, tension-less character that winds up being the villain for absolutely everything. It is overused & unoriginal & so much of a contrivance at this point his meaningless & recycled nonsense has become a banality for the galaxy to cope with.

When I found out Valkorian was nothing but the old VItiate I was livid. Why can't he just be his own cool, original, fun character?? Nope. He has to be the old emperor, who apparently has a split personality & has been living inside two bodies at once for hundreds of years. Completely & utterly stupid. I am sick of Vitiate & I am sick of how much they also abuse using music from the prequels. They spam the Kamino theme & the birth of the twins theme fa too much. More original music or tracks from the original trilogy would be wonderful.

Whew, okay. Sorry. Rant over.

Too bad we can't add midichlorians to the list :(

Well, most of the new things seem to pretty much ignore midichlorians, so I am fine with doing the same. I am sure most people aside from George Lucas agree that it was a monumentally stupid idea...

Good thing the old republic never really was part of the old EU anyhow just used things from it, and aren't they just calling the old expanded universe legends now.

Hopefully that means no more life day for lore

Edited by Talosred

Good thing the old republic never really was part of the old EU anyhow just used things from it, and aren't they just calling the old expanded universe legends now.

Hopefully that means no more life day for lore

Actually, it was, everything released prior to the reboot was in some way or form part of the Expended Universe.

Also, the idea of Life Day isn't that awful, just the Holiday Special is (which is not canon either) and it pictures it terribly...

FWIW: I'm glad to see most of the EU go. Most of it was rubbish to begin with. I'll stick to the movies and, as always, consider everything else to be Take It or Leave It.

While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if you look at the Amazon reviews of the Expanded Universe books, a vast majority earned 4 stars or above

If you really need specifics, based on some research I did the other day, 118 out of the 153 Star Wars EU novels/short stories are rated 4 stars or higher on Amazon.com, which is about 77%.

Because I'm bored right now...

Star Wars books that have 4/5 stars:

Darth Maul; Shadow Hunter; TOR Revan; Death Troopers; TOR Fatal Allaince; TFU II; Survivor’s Quest;

Allegiance; Honor Among Thieves; DotJ: Into the Void; TOR Deveived; The Courtship of Princess Leia;

The Last Jedi; Razor’s Edge; NJO Dark Tide I: Onslaught; Tales from the New Republic; Crucible;

The New Rebellion; Stealth; Scourge; FOTJ Conviction; The Cestus Deception; Bloodlines; Shadow Games;

FOTJ Ascension; NJO Agents of Chaos I: Hero’s Trial; Boba Fett: A Practical Man; Tales from the Empire;

The Swarm War; FOTJ Apocalypse; TFU; The Joiner King; The Unseen Queen; FOTJ Backlash; FOTJ Vortex;

Mercy Kill; NJO Destiny’s Way; Crosscurrent; Siege; NJO Star by Star; Medstar II: Jedi Healer;

NJO The Final Prophecy; Fool’s Bargain; Medstar I: Battle Surgeons; Death Star; Maul - Lockdown;

A Forest Apart; Yoda: Dark Rendezvous; The Truce at Bakura; Knight Errant; Cloak of Deception;

Shatterpoint; I, Jedi; FOTJ Outcast; FOTJ Abyss; X-Wing: Isard’s Revenge; Tales of the Bounty Hunters;

Tales from Jabba’s Palace; Ambush at Corellia; Riptide; LotF Betrayal; LotF Bloodlines; LotF Tempest;

LotF Exile; LotF Sacrifice; Lotf Inferno; LotF Fury; LotF Revelation; Darth Maul Saboteur;

TCW No Prisoners; Order 66; Labyrinth of Evil; Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader; Jedi Twilight;

NJO Balabce Point; NJO Recovery; NJO Ylesia;

Star Wars books that have 4.5/5 stars:

Darth Plagueis; Lost Tribe of the Sith; Kenobi; Heir to the Empire; X-Wing Rogue Squadron; Scoundrels;

TOR Annihilation; X-Wing Wedge’s Gamble; X-wing The Bacta War; X-wing Iron Fist; Tatooine Ghost; NJO

Dark Tide II: Ruin; NJO Traitor; X-Wing The Krytos Trap; Shadows of the Empire; Winner Lose All;

Specter of the Past;Vision of the Future; The Han Solo Adventures; X-Wing Wraith Squadron; X-Wing Solo

Command; Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina; X-Wing Starfighters of Adumar; Episode III Novelization; Choices

of One; Outbound Flight; The Hutt Gambit; Dark Force Rising; The Last Command; Path of Destruction;

Rule of Two; Dynasty of Evil; Hard Contact; Triple Zero; True Colors; The Paradise Snare; Rebel Dawn; NJO

Edge of Victory I: Conquest; NJO Edge of Victory II: Rebirth; NJO Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream; NJO

Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand; NJO The Unifying Force

If we look at the amazon reviews of the movies: 4/7 of them have 4 stars or above (Episodes 3, 4, 5, and 6), which is about 57% of them. Just wanted to mention that.

Just wondering, because I get curious when people have the opinion of "EU was mostly rubbish" (Which again, is fine if you have a good reason for it) what books did you read that formed your opinion?

To the OP: While this game isn't apart of the new Disneyverse (Which I think is a good thing, personally. I thought the new movie was Meh+Explosions at best), it is still apart of the "Legends" Universe, which is something like 90%+ of all Star Wars content ever made. So within that universe, you can still consider everything in the game "canon"

To the OP: While this game isn't apart of the new Disneyverse (Which I think is a good thing, personally. I thought the new movie was Meh+Explosions at best), it is still apart of the "Legends" Universe, which is something like 90%+ of all Star Wars content ever made. So within that universe, you can still consider everything in the game "canon"

That is the nice thing about Star Wars, is you can really just pick & choose what you would like to accept as canon. Although if you were to look at it literally you'd have to accept what has been officially labeled as lore & canon at this point.

I definitely agree with you about the EU literature, much of it makes up the best stories out there. But like SWTOR it too has its low points in some areas.

Disney is not dismissing all of the EU. Darth Bane, for example, is part of Disney's canon, since he was in the Clone Wars cartoon, and directly relates to the rule of two, that is mentioned in the movies. Bane needs his own movie btw. Edited by cool-dude

Disney is not dismissing all of the EU. Darth Bane, for example, is part of Disney's canon, since he was in the Clone Wars cartoon, and directly relates to the rule of two, that is mentioned in the movies. Bane needs his own movie btw.

Darth Bane was never EU. He was always G-Canon, created by Lucas, as was Darth Ruin who Lucas had as the first Sith. The EU Bane materials were created to expand upon him, but unfortunately that was done by Drew Karpyshyn who threw his baby Darth Revan and Rakata Prime/Lehon from KoTOR in for no reason other than he wanted to.

Lucas dismissed the EU unless there were things in it he could use. He just never made it official that the EU wasn't canon, simply because it helped make him a **** ton of money.

Disney only made the previous canon parts of the EU (C and S canon) into Legends so that they could still profit from them and also add to the official canon without having to be bound by the pre-existing materials of both before and after the movies.

Despite getting rid of a lot of things I did like, they also did away with a lot of things that were ridiculous, most of which were brought about by the ego of the various authors.

Edited by Fyurii