The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What happened to Galactic Starfighter?

Darkxealot

In my opinion this was an amazingly fun extension i am a little bummed out to come back to the game and find that quite literally no one is queing for it, 8 hours in que and it didn't start. Seems a shame really, a waste even given how much fun it is.

So this is what i have gathered are what people want that would create more interest for GSF

- Shared Faction Ships(Allow same ship use across entire faction)

- New Maps and Mods - Capture the flag, last man standing, etc.

- Better Tutorial, personally i don't think this is required the tutorial is more than sufficient, perhaps easier access to information on the rock/paper/scissors that is pretty much this extension.

- Increased Credit Reward.

If it is at all possible i would really love to hear from the development team anyone really from EA or team currently working on the game, as to why it is not possible to improve these facets of the game, so that i can actually play it because as it stands it is a complete waste without any utilization whatsoever. Which sorta makes me a sad panda cause i was pretty decent pilot.:(

Which server do you do GSF on? if you've been away for awhile, a lot of pilots have moved a toon over to Harb (US server) for fast pops, and the EU server TRE has fast pops as well. May want to make a character on one of those servers.

In my opinion this was an amazingly fun extension i am a little bummed out to come back to the game and find that quite literally no one is queing for it, 8 hours in que and it didn't start. Seems a shame really, a waste even given how much fun it is.

So this is what i have gathered are what people want that would create more interest for GSF

- Shared Faction Ships(Allow same ship use across entire faction)

- New Maps and Mods - Capture the flag, last man standing, etc.

- Better Tutorial, personally i don't think this is required the tutorial is more than sufficient, perhaps easier access to information on the rock/paper/scissors that is pretty much this extension.

- Increased Credit Reward.

If it is at all possible i would really love to hear from the development team anyone really from EA or team currently working on the game, as to why it is not possible to improve these facets of the game, so that i can actually play it because as it stands it is a complete waste without any utilization whatsoever. Which sorta makes me a sad panda cause i was pretty decent pilot.:(

Good news everyone! No reason to speak of it in past tense. Overall impression is that GSF currently has a slowly - increasing- playerbase actually. Certainly if measured in % of TOR playerbase getting into it. It's not like there is anything else to do in the game anymore, once you done watching cutscenes and stuff. Today, all of the larger servers have very lively GSF scene. Be sure to /cjoin GSF. . I can only speak of servers I've actually visited of late, but basically you will not run out of games on Progenitor, The Red Eclipse, Jedi Covenant or Harbringer. Unless you enter queue like around 3 am server time that is.

Year back or so, BW did a soft server merge of sorts; Character transfer tokens were made (and remain) virtually free of charge. This resulted in few servers getting much busier, and few other servers being abandoned. Of course, this plays huge part in any and all meaningful activity on affected servers, GSF included.

8 hours without a game should not happen. Either you are stuck with some very unfortunate your time vs server time timezone, or maybe you got somehow bugged. Or maybe you are stuck on a dead server? As some super general rule of thumb, all busy servers prolly deliver you a steady flow of GSF matches from 12.00 to 24.00.

Edited by Stradlin

Just let it die already, like people say - if you love, let it go :)

GSF was terrible mistake in many ways.

It differs too much from the game itself and barely connected to it.

It is too complicated and "grindy" to be a simple mini-game inside a game.

It's a rival to warzones and SWTOR isnt even a pvp game to support 2 different PVP modes at the same time.

It has even stronger problems with the skill and "gear" gap between new players and "old space wolfes" comparing even to warzones and those stupid expertise\bolster problems.

Besides, theme park MMOs always lack fresh content, Bioware dissapointed PVP community with lack of new maps, killing open world pvp, killing group pvp, then they killed hard core PVE raiders, now they are killing the rest of group PVE community with theese exciting 2 years without new ops as we have only solo story for you......

You cant be serious asking for reanimating GSF these days :eek: