[Fan theories] Rey is a reborn Anakin carrying on the prophecy of the Chosen One

Falensawino

I didn't make this up, but I wanted to highlight the focus that the new trilogy carries on the prophecy of the chosen one. The Chosen One is one of the key themes most people who speculate about Rey have forgotten.

This is the most intricate fan theory I've read, it's put together with nice visuals and presented via overlayed text, easy to digest. http://imgur.com/gallery/UqELfwa ( direct link to image, http://i.imgur.com/UqELfwa.jpg )

(1)

You can also hear this theory narrated by guy who thought it up, together with subtle John Williams music in the background. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu56bOmthZc It's a well put together video, well edited, good use of sound and music.

(2)

I think that she was conceived by the force like Anakin Skywalker and was carried by Leia.

Anakin was conceived by the force and was carried by Shimi Skywalker. Rey has an unknown origin, but highly connected to the force like Anakin. I disagree that Leia or Luke were involved in her conception. How does the force keep making Chosen Ones?

For clarification, youtube creator, manyymedia, uploaded his theory video to youtube on December 22, 2015. Imgur user LethalHobo transcribed the theory, used the images found in the video, overlayed the images with text and uploaded to Imgur on Jan. 19th, 2016.

Edited by Falensawino

Nah, it's just a very common and ancient trope that gets over used in a lot of fantasy stories.

Jesus was hardly the first figure of religon and mythology to be born of the union of a woman and divinity. see Zeus and well... every mythalogical greek mortal figure EVER :)

I. LOVE. THIS. I don't know about her being "reincarnated", we have never seen that in the Star Wars universe... but I. Freaking. Love this idea! Perhaps it's more of "The Force" working through her to redeem the prophecy, or that the prophecy was misread about Anakin a little bit, that even though he brought balance by redeeming himself back to the Light, and killing the Emperor (destroying all the Sith), he died too fast to really pay for his sins of destroying the Jedi etc. Anyway I love all the imagery and symbolism this theory brings up. Bravo!

Nah, it's just a very common and ancient trope that gets over used in a lot of fantasy stories.

Jesus was hardly the first figure of religon and mythology to be born of the union of a woman and divinity. see Zeus and well... every mythalogical greek mortal figure EVER :)

That's what I was getting at.

I just stopped short of saying the obvious thing of "Jesus (Yeshua) was a fictional character amongst others from a variety of stolen myths and folk lore from the various cultures in and around ancient Mesopotamia for the earliest materials, right up to ancient Greece/Rome and Egypt".

It's just another variation on the monomyth.

Sorry, but I don't count C3-PO as a main character, he's more of a walk in comedian then a main character. I agree that Rey is the most boring Main character in Star Wars to this point anyway.

C3-PO has appeared in every movie, TCW, his own cartoon series and most recently been the main character in a Lego series. How is he NOT a main character? :rolleyes:

So the point stands...and honestly neither Poe Dameron or the overhyped Phasma did anything that made me want to know (or see) anymore of them. Again 3 characters more boring (uninteresting) than the main protagonist.

Rey has a mysterious background yet to be discovered (fan speculation aside). She displayed strength while maintaining her compassion for others. IMO...Rey is one of the most compelling new characters so far.

The only main characters in the original trilogy was Han, luke, and Leia.

The only Main characters in the prequels were Anikin, Obi-wan, and Padme

The fact your listing TCW, and a Lego SW cartoon as proof he is a main character is actually kind of funny. neither prove he is a main character only that he has a minor role to play from beginning to end.

C3-PO, and R2-D2 were never Main characters they were more of the Famous Comedian duo that shows up to a TV show as fillers. Just because they were in each movie at times doesn't mean they are main characters.

The only main characters in the original trilogy was Han, luke, and Leia.

The only Main characters in the prequels were Anikin, Obi-wan, and Padme

The fact your listing TCW, and a Lego SW cartoon as proof he is a main character is actually kind of funny. neither prove he is a main character only that he has a minor role to play from beginning to end.

C3-PO, and R2-D2 were never Main characters they were more of the Famous Comedian duo that shows up to a TV show as fillers. Just because they were in each movie at times doesn't mean they are main characters.

I'm talking about this Legos cartoon....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Star_Wars:_Droid_Tales

and this cartoon from the 80's....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Droids

Also IMDb list of "Main characters" from the SW saga.... http://www.imdb.com/list/ls058398290/

I'm talking about this Legos cartoon....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Star_Wars:_Droid_Tales

and this cartoon from the 80's....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Droids

Also IMDb list of "Main characters" from the SW saga.... http://www.imdb.com/list/ls058398290/

your not proving me wrong. Cartoons do not make a C3-PO anything more then Comedy relief. That's not a main character. And clearly that's all they were in the movies for. all 6 of them.

Edited by Toraak

your failing to see my point clearly. I'm not trolling you one bit. your just wrong. Those 2 cartoons (1 of which no longer even exists in canon anymore so is irrelevant), and the other doesn't mean much anyway for saying he's a Main character in the movies. C3-PO and R2-D2 were Comedy relief. They were put in the movies to make people laugh from time to time, but were never the main characters for the large plot points of the movies EVER.

So he's the main character in a cartoon big deal. That doesn't mean he's a main Character in the SW universe. which all of the stories are based off of the 6 people I listed already. You can even add a 7th which I have here.

OT: luke, han, Leia, and Vader

Prequel: Anikin, Obi-wan, Padme

And I like to know why Kylo Ren got super mad (destroying the room) when he heard that the droid was helped by a girl ? Like he knew something more about her then what the move has shown us.... any thoughts anyone ?

I didn't make this up, but I wanted to highlight the focus that the new trilogy carries on the prophecy of the chosen one. The Chosen One is one of the key themes most people who speculate about Rey have forgotten.

This is the most intricate fan theory I've read, it's put together with nice visuals and presented via overlayed text, easy to digest. http://imgur.com/gallery/UqELfwa ( direct link to image, http://i.imgur.com/UqELfwa.jpg )

(1)

You can also hear this theory narrated by guy who thought it up, together with subtle John Williams music in the background. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu56bOmthZc It's a well put together video, well edited, good use of sound and music.

(2)

Anakin was conceived by the force and was carried by Shimi Skywalker. Rey has an unknown origin, but highly connected to the force like Anakin. I disagree that Leia or Luke were involved in her conception. How does the force keep making Chosen Ones?

For clarification, youtube creator, manyymedia, uploaded his theory video to youtube on December 22, 2015. Imgur user LethalHobo transcribed the theory, used the images found in the video, overlayed the images with text and uploaded to Imgur on Jan. 19th, 2016.

Nope.....wrong Theory, seems fans of SWs seem to get confused by all the Expanded Universe they don't read or brush off the Anime Series of SWs as not really SWs Canon. Lets see the right theory is that Darth Plagueis or Emperor Palpatine had a hand in gettting Shimi Skywalker impregnated or that the Children of the Mortis certainly did......YOU KNOW, the Space Angels known by various names that may have also helped create Another Sky.

I certainly agree, how does one have an explanation for such characters as Moses or Jesus themselves as we know them from the Bible?? They would be powerful Star Wars characters and I think Anakin Skywalker was a character George Lucas dreamed up to be Luke's father without a huge background story to get muddled into, but later George Lucus had to defend his own 4 movies so he had to quickly create an background story so he let the Clone Wars Animated Series come to be but like everything else since he was the SWs God of Creation he was forced to do the Mortis Storyline to keep continuation in Star Wars Expanded Universe. Which is why I dislike the character of "Rey" in TFAs for it does not make no sense without serious background inserted into his next Trillogy Movie TFAs 2.

Knowing Disney and the muckup they had with JJ Abrams and those involved in making TFA 1 we are sure to get another STANDALONE CANON movie as we got between Dec and Jan of 2016-2015 etc.

I suppose anything would be better than her turning out to be a skywalker.

Oh OH don't hold your breath about that.......with Disney as looney as it is it seems it is already a done deal. You see a little flashback of Rey showing her mother might be Mara Jade and her brother........Ben Skywalker trying to capture her just as her mother is killed, this seems to be burned into her memory and she is a child seeing this memory as she sees Luke Skywalker's lightsaber in the chamber that she is told to go into.

My guess would be that she is not tied to the tied to the Skywalker clan at all, unless they Disney actually wishes to make the force family business. If she descends from a figure that already exists in Star Wars, it would be a figure introduced since Disney took over. A candidate would be the boy in Star Wars Rebels... that does not seem very likely, since Star Wars: Rebels and The Force Awakens are very in different in attitude and an all too strong connection does not seem desirable.

In case I am wrong and she is a directly descends from Anakin and Padmé after all, she must be a child of Luke and a woman which has not yet been introduced (and is likely already dead).

However, I seriously doubt that she is in some way a "chosen one". That would devalue her achievements. She can only be a truly heroic character if her actions qualify her, not her blood line or destiny.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

And I like to know why Kylo Ren got super mad (destroying the room) when he heard that the droid was helped by a girl ? Like he knew something more about her then what the move has shown us.... any thoughts anyone ?

I, too, noticed that as well. Here, is my theory on Rey. I think Rey is Luke's daughter. Possibly, Luke fell in love with a student in his academy, and they had a daughter. She grew and learned about the force while Luke trained new jedi. I think the scene in TFA where Rey has the flashback and sees Kylo and his knights of Ren killing people and surrounded by dead bodies is when Kylo leads the revolt against Luke and his students. The dead bodies are those of his students. Luke and Rey are all that survive. Luke ends up leaving Rey on Jaaku due to it's isolation and under the care of Unkar. The scene where Rey has the flashback of a little girl saying, "Don't go" to the ship as it takes off is actually Rey watching Luke leaving Jaaku. It's definitely Unkar's voice and huge hands that are heard and seen in that clip where he's pulling the little girl with him. Now, I think Kylo knew Luke had a daughter, and that's why it appears that he seems to possibly know who she might be. Also, the way that Anakin's saber seemed to be calling out to her while they were at Maz's place. One other thing I noticed is that Kylo was unable to force pull Anakin's saber from the snow, but Rey did. I think that may have been a nod to the King Arthur legend of the sword in the stone where only the rightful heir/owner would be able to remove the sword. One may argue that Kylo is Anakin's grandchild as much as Rey could possibly be. My thought is that somehow that lightsaber is attuned to the light side. Anakin was on the light side at it's creation and no doubt was used in many battles in which Anakin used the light side of the force in its wielding. Therefore, seeing that Rey is on the light side, it naturally went to her. I think the reason Luke abandoned her is that he thought she would be safer without him around assuming Kylo would be hunting for Luke. Luke also left the two map pieces because he may have forseen that she would eventually seek him out in time. I also think R2 was instructed by Luke to keep the map section he possessed in secret and to go into "low power mode". He was to only come out of low power mode upon his electronic scanners detecting Rey's bio-signature. It's only when Rey arrives at the rebel base that R2 comes back to life. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents worth. I think it's fun to discuss the possibilities and theories. TFA definitely left me wondering and wanting to see more.

She's Luke's daughter.

Ben Solo (Adam Driver) is in his early 30s, Rey (Daisy Ridley) in her early 20s. That was not an accident of casting. It was probably in service to the most likely theory regarding Rey, ie that she is Luke's daughter.

A early teens Ben Solo got seduced to the darkside by Snoke, killed a bunch of padawans, and escaped to become Kylo Ren. Luke in despair at losing his wife/baby-momma and thinking himself a pretty crappy teacher since his own nephew fell, sends the young Rey off to live on Jakku with the old man who was talking to Poe and had the map. The old man, maybe force sensitive himself, let Rey go when she became an adult because he knew that eventually she would be endangered by his holding the map. That's why when Luke sees Rey he had that look on his face of sad resignation as he realizes he's going to have to train her.

I wouldn't over think this. I don't see any grand theory here. TFA gives you plenty of clues that supports the main working theory listed above.

Edited by Master-Nala