If you haven't bought the game, please read

Connact

Pretty much spot on from what I see, although the list is missing the biggest issue for me personally: lack of a combat log.

A huge portion of my fun when I play an MMO is trying out skill rotations for my class and attempting to better my personal gameplay. Without a combat log, you have to rely on two things to receive immediate feedback on your play: how quickly the mob dies, and the floating combat text. It's a real bummer, and even though I desperately wanted to like the game despite all of the flaws listed above, the lack of a combat log was a deal breaker.

I completely agree it needs a combat log.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that I am having FUN! Which is my indicator for whether my money has been well spent. I have been fortunate that the game has run like a dream for me and I have yet to encounter anything that has really given me heartburn...yet. I know this much, I am very happy that Bioware has built an MMO that also rewards solo-minded players as the story progresses (yes, there are a lot of us out here who prefer pve over pvp!). WOW's biggest failure in my opinion is it's lack of rewards for solo players though I've played and enjoyed it for years. So, I'm going to go back to enjoying the experience that Bioware has provided as I am really enjoying everything so far. Sorry for those of you out there that are not happy but you aren't being forced to remain a customer as you can vote with your wallet. However, I believe Bioware has a smash hit on their hands so loyal subscribers are not going to be a problem in the near future. Just my opinion.

All I know is that I am having FUN! Which is my indicator for whether my money has been well spent. I have been fortunate that the game has run like a dream for me and I have yet to encounter anything that has really given me heartburn...yet. I know this much, I am very happy that Bioware has built an MMO that also rewards solo-minded players as the story progresses (yes, there are a lot of us out here who prefer pve over pvp!). WOW's biggest failure in my opinion is it's lack of rewards for solo players though I've played and enjoyed it for years. So, I'm going to go back to enjoying the experience that Bioware has provided as I am really enjoying everything so far. Sorry for those of you out there that are not happy but you aren't being forced to remain a customer as you can vote with your wallet. However, I believe Bioware has a smash hit on their hands so loyal subscribers are not going to be a problem in the near future. Just my opinion.

Some people will sit down with a glass of wine and laugh at Seinfeld on stage then some people will go watch ghallager smash watermelons with a hammer.

Some people are entertained easier than others.

If some people played, as much as they complained they'd have level 50's for every single class.

TL;DR: Listen guys, the game is only one week old after its launch. It hasn't caused too many problems and although it has some minor bugs the game is still good. I say get over it, unless your so bugged that you can't even play the game.

If some people played, as much as they complained they'd have level 50's for every single class.

TL;DR: Listen guys, the game is only one week old after its launch. It hasn't caused too many problems and although it has some minor bugs the game is still good. I say get over it, unless your so bugged that you can't even play the game.

Not having a combat log isn't a bug. It's a deal breaking design choice for me, personally. Many of the issues I have with this game aren't bugs at all. The bugs I can live with. Design choices that make the game less fun than other MMOs I've played, I can't live with.

Some people love the game, others don't. I think it's more than fair for both sides to talk about their loves\hates with respect to the game. Different opinions are what makes the world interesting. But to say that people should just get over it? Heh. That's just silly. It seems like people should want others to post constructive feedback on the game in the forums. In the end, it may help make the game better for everyone.

Edited by Kordt

+1.

I also was hesitant from reading the forums because I saw a lot of haters. However, this is true about any MMO in existence. You see nothing but garbage on the WoW forums as well. So far I think this game beats WoW in every category...I think it's designed great and it is just generally a lot of fun.

Try it out, don't listen to haters.

Some people will sit down with a glass of wine and laugh at Seinfeld on stage then some people will go watch ghallager smash watermelons with a hammer.

Some people are entertained easier than others.

not easier, just have different tastes. some people prefer ghallager over seinfeld because seinfeld can be very annoying to A LOT of people. Like I said, just different tastes. The way you put it sounds like its an intellectual difference.

anyways, I have played pretty much every big mmo worth playing. Prior to this game coming out I envisioned myself playing for the story mainly and then moving on. I can honestly say this is the best mmo I have ever played, and after being a part of quite a few launches; this has been the best. I am thoroughly impressed with the final product that bioware put out and considering this is their first mmo, what they have done is pretty remarkable.

With that said, I can say that this forum looks about the same as every forum after a release filled with doom threads and THIS GAME WILL FAIL!!!! threads. So pay no mind to it, as it will die down. I can honestly say we have nothing to worry about regarding this game succeeding. The response to this game has been massive and the global appeal is very positive. The haters are a vocal bunch for sure and they will be but for those of us that enjoy the game we have a bright future ahead in the old republic!

Those who hate the game, flame the game on the forums. Those who enjoy the game, are PLAYING the game.
+100500 I visited forum only for a suggestion to a gameplay.

All my 27 levels of playing was enjoyable. No grind, just storyline. It's KOTOR Online and that's all.

I didn't have time to read the whole thread, too busy blasting droids, but yah the OP pretty much sums it up. If people don't like the game move on, and leave the forums alone. Trust me devs 95% of the time don't care about what is said on the forums because 95% of the time it's just flamers and trolls.

*goes back in game*