Does Anyone Really WANT To Play HK-55?

DreadRanger

This, to me, seems like a pretty lackluster reward for Subscribers and I have to wonder why are creative resources being allocated to something that is such a stark departure from the base game? Yes, I know it's not something we directly pay for, being promoted as "bonus content" and it's optional, but I play RPGs to play my character, not some pre-fab content I couldn't care less about.

This is really a slap in the face to subscribers who support the game financially month after month. :mad:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This, to me, seems like a pretty lackluster reward for Subscribers and I have to wonder why are creative resources being allocated to something that is such a stark departure from the base game? Yes, I know it's not something we directly pay for, being promoted as "bonus content" and it's optional, but I play RPGs to play my character, not some pre-fab content I couldn't care less about.

This is really a slap in the face to subscribers who support the game financially month after month. :mad:

Its probably not something I would ask for specifically, but it does give me a nostalgic feeling as I remember doing similar on KOTOR 2 where you had missions that were told from your companions perspective.

Its probably not something I would ask for specifically, but it does give me a nostalgic feeling as I remember doing similar on KOTOR 2 where you had missions that were told from your companions perspective.

I didn't play the originals, so maybe that's where the idea came from. I do know that the current crop of WoW developers have inserted content like this. I found it to be an unnecessary distraction and somewhat broke the flow of the game. It just seems an odd choice to offer it up to subscribers as a "reward".

Oh, get over yourself! :)

None of the subscriber rewards have ever been particularly wonderful. They're really just small incentives to entice people to subscribe. People who are already subscribed usually already have lots of mounts and weapons. I really don't need another so&so's weapon or armor taking up space in my storage. :)

This may be the first sub reward (that I can recall) that is actually something interesting. I don't really have any desire to play as HK-55, but, as was said above, I might do it for grins. I would assume that HK-55 doesn't become a permanent character, anyway.

Edited by JediQuaker

Oh, get over yourself! :)

None of the subscriber rewards have ever been particularly wonderful. They're really just small incentives to entice people to subscribe. People who are already subscribed usually already have lots of mounts and weapons.

This may be the first sub reward (that I can recall) that is actually something interesting. I don't really have any desire to play as HK-55, but, as was said above, I might do it for grins. I would assume that HK-55 doesn't become a permanent character, anyway.

I really do wonder how many people subscribe just because of the reward. So I have Nico.Yet another character for me to try to bring up to 50. No matter what quests I am doing, he doesn't increase influence, no matter what I say or do. So I guess he is only going to be increased via gifts. YAAAY!

Mounts. Titles. Fireworks. Its been 2 years since we got fireworks, maybe it is time for more? Even though I have only used one firework total out of the two sets we were given. Nothing we have been given would ever entice me to subscribe, if playing the game without restriction wasn't enough of a incentive. Once there were some common crystals in my mail. Maybe if every month they gave subscribers 5 glowing to each character, that would be a nice addition as well. :)

I can't say it's a big interest to me.

I feel like it will be something similar to wow when we had vehicles or dragons in Oculus.

IT will not nothing but a UI overlay that removes all your skills for just a 3-5 new ones with a set amount of DPS so they can control output. I hated it in WOW and with how this game is so similar, I expect it to about as uninteresting.

Not really something I look forward to.

Edited by Quraswren

I resub for it. I think will be interesting. I hope its a big hit. Be nice if every 6months if we get 15-30 min chapter of one of our companions. People want more companion story here is some HK-55 story. We get to see the world their eyes instead of stand on our ship and just talking to them.

If its half *** than I will cancel my sub again.

Mye eye queue dropt twoenty point hafter eye reed dis

Of course, I would love to play as HK-55. But I won't stay consistently subbed for seven months just for that, I will probably stay subbed because I enjoy the game, but ONE chapter is not going to make it a consistent sub.

The real question is. How long do you think it will take until it becomes purchasable off the cartel market?

I'd rather play as Treek.

ouch.

that was under the belt.

well played.

On topic,

I think it's an elaborate master plan in order to move to the next phase of the game.

We started with:

8 class stories + Planet arcs + faction Arcs + FP\OPS etc...

we moved to Faction arcs only.

then we moved to single galactic arc of story.

now the next phase will be to play as pre-created npc as the main center of the story.. they will probably make us pick one of the pre-created characters they'll make as our character.

I actually want to play the hk mission. It'll be a nice distraction, and if it's well received I imagine we'll see more missions from a companions pov. (Like when we meet up with our love interest again.)

I'm thinking this is a way of introducing new missions where you play different characters, paid-missions.