Broken Class needs Fix NOW

SovereignSoL

every cooldown is 25% less than every other class and if that is not enough to prove this class is broken i will further continue.

4 second stun on 30 second cooldown with a utility point when every other class is the game is 45 second minimum with utility for a 4 second stun. ********

a defensive cooldown for 200% defense on a 30 second cooldown with reduction on cooldown 1 second per damage taken for a minimum of approximately 16 seconds total cooldown. Every other class in the game with defense cooldowns are 3 minutes - 1:30 minimum cooldown. again ********

4 cleanses total with the 10 second dash that makes them immune to EVERYTHING while dashing and cleansing movement impairing effects with EACH DASH and they get TWO every 10 seconds AGAIN ********.

there is literally no balance in this class whatsoever and the solution to follow:

SOLUTION;

Stun is 1 min cooldown FLAT with a 15 second reduction in utility making it 45 Seconds MINIMUM period balancing out the CC with every other class

the defensive cooldown for 200% defense 2 min FLAT cooldown with a 30 second reduction in utility making it 1:30 MINIMUM cooldown and removing the cooldown per damage taken by one second balancing it out with every other class

Dash can remain ONCE every 10 seconds as force leap and other jump to abilities are 45 seconds cooldown as is so this is only balanced. also no longer makes them immune to anything at all unless a point is put into utility to cleanse immobilizing effects and makes them immune to ONLY immobilizing effects through the durationa

every cooldown is 25% less than every other class and if that is not enough to prove this class is broken i will further continue.

4 second stun on 30 second cooldown with a utility point when every other class is the game is 45 second minimum with utility for a 4 second stun. ********

a defensive cooldown for 200% defense on a 30 second cooldown with reduction on cooldown 1 second per damage taken for a minimum of approximately 16 seconds total cooldown. Every other class in the game with defense cooldowns are 3 minutes - 1:30 minimum cooldown. again ********

4 cleanses total with the 10 second dash that makes them immune to EVERYTHING while dashing and cleansing movement impairing effects with EACH DASH and they get TWO every 10 seconds AGAIN ********.

there is literally no balance in this class whatsoever and the solution to follow:

SOLUTION;

Stun is 1 min cooldown FLAT with a 15 second reduction in utility making it 45 Seconds MINIMUM period balancing out the CC with every other class

the defensive cooldown for 200% defense 2 min FLAT cooldown with a 30 second reduction in utility making it 1:30 MINIMUM cooldown and removing the cooldown per damage taken by one second balancing it out with every other class

Dash can remain ONCE every 10 seconds as force leap and other jump to abilities are 45 seconds cooldown as is so this is only balanced. also no longer makes them immune to anything at all unless a point is put into utility to cleanse immobilizing effects and makes them immune to ONLY immobilizing effects through the durationa

Trolling or serious?

SOLUTION;

OK firstly, the purge is a 1 minute cool down, so it's not up every sixteen seconds. Secondly, roll doesn't purge, not sure where you're getting four purges from. Thirdly, only the gimped burst spec has roll immunity. As for no counter, look up "root" and "burst"

OK firstly, the purge is a 1 minute cool down, so it's not up every sixteen seconds.

I think he means with the Heroic Utility, which reduces the cooldown of Evasion by 3 seconds when attacked, with a rate limit of 1.5 seconds.

But, still, for it to be 16 seconds, that means you have to be constantly attacked during the 16 seconds.

I think he means with the Heroic Utility, which reduces the cooldown of Evasion by 3 seconds when attacked, with a rate limit of 1.5 seconds.

But, still, for it to be 16 seconds, that means you have to be constantly attacked during the 16 seconds.

I know, and it's not actually possible to get a 16 sec cd on it iirc

SOLUTION;

You are wrong on many points, but I agree with the underlying message. I would be totally down for some of these nerfs in return for some of our DPS back. We have too many tools and not enough pokey pokey.

Much of this is straight-up wrong. Force leap and similar leaps have 15s cooldowns, not 45s. Roll is only defensive in one spec. Base cooldown of evasion is 1 minute.

Make sure you know what you're taking about before you call for nerfs.

But nerf operatives. Always.

As an Op healer, I'm getting solo kills on off nodes.

Why? You'd think I would have an energy problem, nope. You'd say it was a bad, it happens on known good players, it's actually quite funny. An assassin, Powertech, juggernaut, sorcerer, concealment operative, and sniper to name the solo kills this week alone. Yeah, they were Bads because they didn't call for help. :rolleyes:

I used to play concealment, that all changed with 2.6 when BW in their infinite wisdom took away hidden strike, knockdown, and turned acid blade from an active ability into a passive. No stun from stealth, not even a root. That came later when they realized their mistake. Backstab and shiv worked different too. But though things got clunky, I found a better challenge hitting off nodes for sap caps as a healer. More challenge.

Anyways, if you're concealment and having issues, this may not be the class for you. Don't let an operative healer out DPS you.

Though I would like to see 2.5 operative return. Hiddenstrike, knockdown and all :D

As an Op healer, I'm getting solo kills on off nodes.

Why? You'd think I would have an energy problem, nope. You'd say it was a bad, it happens on known good players, it's actually quite funny. An assassin, Powertech, juggernaut, sorcerer, concealment operative, and sniper to name the solo kills this week alone. Yeah, they were Bads because they didn't call for help. :rolleyes:

I used to play concealment, that all changed with 2.6 when BW in their infinite wisdom took away hidden strike, knockdown, and turned acid blade from an active ability into a passive. No stun from stealth, not even a root. That came later when they realized their mistake. Backstab and shiv worked different too. But though things got clunky, I found a better challenge hitting off nodes for sap caps as a healer. More challenge.

Anyways, if you're concealment and having issues, this may not be the class for you. Don't let an operative healer out DPS you.

Though I would like to see 2.5 operative return. Hiddenstrike, knockdown and all :D

Considering Medicine has by far the worst damage possible in the game... the fact that you were able to kill anyone 1v1 is hilarious. Jesus Christ, some people who play this game are terrible.

Personally, I feel as if a healer shouldn't really be focusing on sap caps anyways, unless there are lots of bads on the other team, as there were for your 1v1 situations, but good job nonetheless.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

SOLUTION;

OMG, Broken Class my ***! You are only looking at this from a PVP standpoint. Not everyone PVP and most, like myself, only PVE. Yea, i'll give you a broken class. Agents are the only class without a viable AOE, our DPS keeps getting nerfed because of idiots like yourself crying about our class in PVP. Bioware has continued to take away things from our class and replace them with utilities that we hardly use. You wanna cry about broken classes? Here's some tissue with crap on it.

OMG, Broken Class my ***! You are only looking at this from a PVP standpoint. Not everyone PVP and most, like myself, only PVE. Yea, i'll give you a broken class. Agents are the only class without a viable AOE, our DPS keeps getting nerfed because of idiots like yourself crying about our class in PVP. Bioware has continued to take away things from our class and replace them with utilities that we hardly use. You wanna cry about broken classes? Here's some tissue with crap on it.

Not to mention no execute ability :(

I tried to do the Rakghoul Tunnels portion of the Kindly Old Monster quest series.

...my Scrapper has GOOD gear. Mostly 216 stuff, all with level 200 or 208 augments. It was literally impossible for me to do. It wasn't a case of "wow, I was so close! next time for sure" it was... a big ol' bucket of NAWP.

I ended up following a Sith Sorcerer (and I'm pretty sure he was Corruption, too (their healing spec)) who took pity on me, and let me tag along and bask in his wins.

Yeah... oh yeah. We're super broken all right. So broken that SOLO CONTENT may actually be impossible for us to do.

I tried to do the Rakghoul Tunnels portion of the Kindly Old Monster quest series.

...my Scrapper has GOOD gear. Mostly 216 stuff, all with level 200 or 208 augments. It was literally impossible for me to do. It wasn't a case of "wow, I was so close! next time for sure" it was... a big ol' bucket of NAWP.

I ended up following a Sith Sorcerer (and I'm pretty sure he was Corruption, too (their healing spec)) who took pity on me, and let me tag along and bask in his wins.

Yeah... oh yeah. We're super broken all right. So broken that SOLO CONTENT may actually be impossible for us to do.

I was able to solo heroic 4's on my operative prior to the retardedly OP companions we have right now (and that was without using a companion), so I think the trouble may be on you. The damage is bad, but not THAT bad, and the survivability is amazing.

You should know what you're talking about... and I don't think you do.

The Rakghoul portion of the quest, you drop a probe and Rakghouls rush the probe and try to destroy it. A Tank can simply mass-taunt them all, and wear them down. For a DPS class, the only real way to do this is to DPS them all down, and they spawn in groups of 4. A Scrapper just does NOT have the AoE to take down 4 rakghouls before they rip apart a probe.

I guarantee you that ZERO amount of L2P could have corrected this issue. The class just doesn't have the tools that they need.

This might be pertinent...

I still maintain that Scoundrels (Operatives) need a buff, and starting with their AOE would be a good place... but, because Scrapper seemed to be the class that I was having the hardest time with, I decided to get the best help I could buy; I dropped a million credits and picked up Treek. Was using her as a Tank, or a Healer... whichever, and I was finding that ... stuff was still pretty challenging.

Then, yesterday, I read this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8759617&postcount=1

...so, I switched to T7. It was like flicking on a light switch. Suddenly, my tank companion tanked, and didn't need massive amounts of healing. Using this comp... I probably could have done the Rakghoul Tunnels. I mean... not me, the Scrapper... my Companion that can actually tank stuff, while I dish out my sub-par AOE.

This might be pertinent...

I still maintain that Scoundrels (Operatives) need a buff, and starting with their AOE would be a good place... but, because Scrapper seemed to be the class that I was having the hardest time with, I decided to get the best help I could buy; I dropped a million credits and picked up Treek. Was using her as a Tank, or a Healer... whichever, and I was finding that ... stuff was still pretty challenging.

Then, yesterday, I read this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8759617&postcount=1

...so, I switched to T7. It was like flicking on a light switch. Suddenly, my tank companion tanked, and didn't need massive amounts of healing. Using this comp... I probably could have done the Rakghoul Tunnels. I mean... not me, the Scrapper... my Companion that can actually tank stuff, while I dish out my sub-par AOE.

This game is very hard, this class may not be for you. :rak_03:

I guess, maybe, because virtually every other character I've done this on (even pure healing specs) have enough AoE damage to do it that way. It's kind of... a reaction thing, maybe? Oh look... 3 or more mobs, AoE should be the economical way to deal with them?

...snark aside, there is absolutely no reason why I shouldn't be able to AoE down a handful of standard mobs. I guess I mean no good reason.

Edited by LordFell

I guess, maybe, because virtually every other character I've done this on (even pure healing specs) have enough AoE damage to do it that way. It's kind of... a reaction thing, maybe? Oh look... 3 or more mobs, AoE should be the economical way to deal with them?

...snark aside, there is absolutely no reason why I shouldn't be able to AoE down a handful of standard mobs. I guess I mean no good reason.

We've had bad AOE since even before we lost Orbital Strike. Even then, that ability was on a long-ish CD and didn't really put us at the same level as other classes in terms of AOE. You should be used to not having any good AOE now since it's been like, what, a year and a half or more since we've had OS?

Our single target damage has -always- been our (somewhat weak) strength.

Edited by QuiveringPotato