ortuno in manaan research facility?

Jensaga

My group has been repeatedly destroyed by this guy in tacticals.

unless you have a meta group, i dont see how you win this and requiring a meta group defeats the purpose of tactical FPs.

even not standing in the water, the boss regular melee attacks eat 25% of a health bar. i was trying to heal it and running out of resource before the second lightning pool. what gives?

if you were a proper healer, have a dps or a tank aggro the adds, be sure the damage is on less players as possible.

damage spikes on tank is a mechanic you should be used to so..

That's exactly the problem.

If you don't have tank and healer this one can be very difficult. I've tanked Ortuno multiple times on dps character and I just don't have enough defensive cooldowns to survive insane amount of damage he does.

No, others clicking kolto stations doesn't really help because you don't get burst heal from them. Only the one clicking the kolto station gets the big heal before HoT. If you didn't click you only get HoT.

I've tried 74k hp Sentinel and Commando in 6-piece set (204, only armoring). Boss just hits so hard you lose ~7% of your health every second.

Edited by Halinalle

This is so true.

I do love survival encounters, but this Ortuno is ridiculously difficult on Tact-FP.

Usually I don't enter Tacticals anymore without Me being either medic or tank,

but I also do have a Sniper, and usually she ends up with the highest threat.

So while keeping the threat I am not doing anything else besides hitting Ortuno a few times

and then running to the next Kolto Station every 20sec, or so.

This is plain stupid.

And I rather not going to start with the Mando Champs in Blood Hunt.

My group has been repeatedly destroyed by this guy in tacticals.

unless you have a meta group, i dont see how you win this and requiring a meta group defeats the purpose of tactical FPs.

even not standing in the water, the boss regular melee attacks eat 25% of a health bar. i was trying to heal it and running out of resource before the second lightning pool. what gives?

I have solo'd this FP (trying to get the barrels) all the way up to the final boss using a Ruffian Scoundrel before, so the problem is definitely on your end.

I have solo'd this FP (trying to get the barrels) all the way up to the final boss using a Ruffian Scoundrel before, so the problem is definitely on your end.

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence here.... so forgive if I make your IQ sound like its only in the low 70's.... a solo FP is not the same as a Tactical flash point... and if you can beat the last boss in the tactical all by yourself I'd love to see that video you have to prove it

I haven't done any tacticals since 4.0, so things may have changed, but the only times i had difficulty with it before was when some group members were under-geared. So my advice is to make sure all your group members are geared properly (even with level sync).

Get at least "blue" mods at the max available for your level.

This is a big issue with this as well as the other flashpoints since the introduction of the 4.0 Flashpoint Tactical System. Without a proper group (tank, healer, two dps, all geared to the proper levels), these things are just down right hard to run.

If you end up with three dps and a healer, the healer is the defacto tank (i.e. dead).

If you have a tank and three dps, unless they are paying attention to the healer terminals its a wipe. How many pug groups do that the first (or second) time...

If you have four dps, usually most of them aren't high enough on the secondary stats to grid it properly.

In the end, people drop, someone brings out a 50 influence comp and viola onto the next boss. Unless some level 14 jack-hole is the lead. Then you find yourself re-queued and doing it ad nauseam.

Edited by FlyingUsPoo

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence here.... so forgive if I make your IQ sound like its only in the low 70's.... a solo FP is not the same as a Tactical flash point... and if you can beat the last boss in the tactical all by yourself I'd love to see that video you have to prove it

Jealousy doesn't become you my friend.

If I recall there are no barrels in the Solo as I did the solo version the other day, no barrels but there are some individuals that can solo tacticals. I have done the tacticals in CZ solo.

Agreed yes Tactical FP's are solo-able usually heavily based on your gear and player skill though just like Heroic star fortress no buffs - that being said - some of us smarter ones that que for tacticals (when we do) we usually wait for someone to just ragequit then use comps - you and another with a comp tank n heal u can do any Tactical FP u want lol

Here's my thing though - if i wiped at Ortuno a few times and was frustrated i wouldnt post a thread asking if hes do-able id frankly read up about the fight and take the time to educate my party and if not find a guild member or two if its that important but i wouldnt ragequit and start a thread xD

Edited by Dawnscar

The tactical is soloable, but 4 DPS can easily down this boss, if they aren't stupid and act in concert.

Step Zero: Use your defensive cooldowns and self-heals. When there is no healer, everyone is a healer. Toss out an off-heal if a teammate is about to die. Your additional one or two crap hits on the boss aren't worth losing 1/4 of your damage output for the rest of the fight.

Step One: Everyone needs to step up and click the kolto stations. They are the glowiy things that hit the group with a big heal. Click or die.

Step Two: Stack the puddles in one corner of the room and stop dragging Ortuno all over the place. All you're doing is making the entire room dangerous for the group.

Step Three: The moment Ortuno starts casting his death blossom, you run. You don't try to get in one more hit. You run away, and then you stop wasting your time hitting him from ranged until his invulnerability buff ends. (Perfect time to click another kolto station).

Step Four: Kill the adds. The will end you. Ignoring them = death. Two appear after every death blossom. Stop hitting the boss and burn them down.

Step Five: Win.

If I recall there are no barrels in the Solo as I did the solo version the other day, no barrels but there are some individuals that can solo tacticals. I have done the tacticals in CZ solo.

Grrrr, why did you respond to that, lol? I was laughing at how he did not want to insult my intelligence yet he clearly did not comprehend my post whatsoever which shows that his intelligence is indeed lacking. I was waiting to see if it would be edited by now.

Plus, there are alot of people that think that because something is impossible for them, then no one can do it.

Yah you can as you do need to be in a party with at least one other person in order to enter the FP in the first place.

True enough, but that's "gaming" the system (and arguably an exploit, since it is getting the game to behave in a manner not intended by the developers).

Maybe, but I don't believe you.

Edited by branmakmuffin

• 1 year later...
After our two compatriots died, a Sentinel (might have been a Guardian DPS) and I (sharpshooter gunslinger) downed Otuno between the two of us. The Sentinel just kited everyone, running from kolto to kolto while I killed them from afar. I was only an average player at the time and that Sentinel was amazing, but it is certainly possible.

A lil thread stealing but I feel that the Joss and Valk fight in Blood Hunt can be just as frustrating to complete without a meta group as well. I can totally relate that the difficulty should be turned down just like Ortuno. Also to note, that particular fight in BH can be very buggy with one hit kills or super knockbacks which either result in death or rubberbanding game farts for lack of a better term. The Dev team should do comprehensive pass on all the flashpoints at some time in the future as a quality of life fix. Edited by TonyTricicolo

This fight is doable with a healer in Tactical. Without you need DPS with a lot of self heals. It's a bear in HM, even with a healer. The tank has to really know the fight or you'll wipe every time. This one kills pugs in both modes.

No problem solo-ing this instance at level 70 as healer. But you definitely need your companion to be DPS and not tank. Otherwise you will face the timer. Using a grenade and stim will help too.

You realize that level cap was not 70 when this thread was created, right?

What's with all the necro'ing today with nothing to contribute to the thread at all?