[Bug] Stuck In Ephemeris Final Battle cannot progress

Ghost_Spectre

Submitted ticket, #22808447

I'm in solo mode of the Tatooine SF final instance against Ephemeris. It will not progress past the initial waves of enemies. I have gotten through the first core droid to the second wave then the game just quits sending enemies. I've tried forcing a disconnect from the game, restarted the game, used /stuck 3xs ended up in the prison cell and it gets progressively worse. I cannot reset the instance because it is grayed out. I cannot progress any further. I'm literally standing in the center waiting for it to continue.

Your game is broken at this point of the solo mode of this SF as far as I can see. I need help immediately to resolve this. Screenshot to show you exactly where I'm at in this.

In order to reset the phase, you need to exit the flashpoint and go back to Odessen. Then reset your phase via the portrait menu (resetting the quest won't fix it) and you can start again from the beginning, hopefully bugfree this time.

In order to reset the phase, you need to exit the flashpoint and go back to Odessen. Then reset your phase via the portrait menu (resetting the quest won't fix it) and you can start again from the beginning, hopefully bugfree this time.

You've got to be kidding me. That is the only way to fix this? It's 1:30 in the AM here and I have to do something like to work around their broken arse game? Truly the quality assurance this company has for their product is astounding and boggles the mind. Well, I guess I don't finish off what I was trying to do. You'll probably be the only one I'll from about this. BW will not answer. I'll try again tomorrow. You can bet I'm one very unhappy customer paying for a product that isn't worth what I'm paying for at this point in time.

This happened to me when 4.0 first dropped. There is a mechanic that if you kill the waves of adds that spawn too quickly, the mechanic won't happen, and therefore, you're stuck.

Basically, after the first or second wave, when the adds spawn, there is a machine that shines a light on one of the adds (my guess is that it buffs it or something). If you kill the adds before that light thing shines on one of them, the mechanic can't happen and you're borked.

Took me a few times to realize it. Hope this helps.

As Anniahilus said that happens when you kill the adds too fast. Happend to me with my Juggernaut tank when I used my area attacks against them. After that I stopped using aoe based attacks in that fight and had no problems since.

As Anniahilus said that happens when you kill the adds too fast. Happend to me with my Juggernaut tank when I used my area attacks against them. After that I stopped using aoe based attacks in that fight and had no problems since.

So, because I'm proficient in killing mobs (after they run out of the doors) instantly with my 'Slam AOE,' the buff mechanic borks me? Wow, that's just mind boggling. You would believe a developer with foresight would be aware of this possibility and allow for it in the coding with a few 'if then' statements to ensure it doesn't break like it does. So now, I have to go through that entire SF to get to the final again just to allow their 'buff' mechanic to work and kill them slowly? Just great. <Shakes head> Man, I sure miss Paragon Studios' developers... :cool:

Thanks to you Anniahilus and Hof_th for this important information. As Adam Steiner would say, 'Information is Ammunition!' <Now waits for BrianDavion to run in a puke on my statement about that most hated BT cartoon!> LOL :D

Follow up: I started that over again did everything again in record speed, including killing the 2 Paladins I need (they weren't there the first time) and slowed way down to kill the enemies while against Ephemeris. So thanks for your help.

They really need to update the tool tip on fighting in that area if not that, then something that helps inform people fighting at a slower pace so it doesn't happen to them too.

I do this also to avoid the bug. Also, if you do become stuck waiting for Ephemeris, I found a simple solution: type "/stuck". Your toon will die and appear in the fortress jail, you can carry on from there.

You CAN use AOEs, but you have to let the mobs come out and wait one or 2 seconds to attack them. Seems to happen if you kill them too quickly.

EDIT: sorry Ghost_Spectre, only now read your post correctly, I see you already tried the /stuck...

Edited by Cholinergic

• 3 years later...
Actually figured out a fix, if you /Stuck during this bug it will "kill" you but your character gets knocked out and thrown into a cell, the game assumed that you might die, and dying during that encounter fixes the problem for those who did not know about it. for anyone else struggling with this and looking for answers, I know the bug has not been fixed but your problem has now been solved. Edited by Aerekplus

it's caused by a sloppy trigger...

the "running out of the door" animation finishes by adding it's mobs to a list.

the trigger is to kill three mobs on the list. (rather than check no mobs alive, because they also sloppily coded the ephemeris to keep you in combat the whole time)

if they die before the animation ends, they aren't added to the list, so aren't counted by the trigger. so you never advance.

fix would seem to be to either add them to the list before the animation, or start them flagged friendly/invulnerable and reflag them when the animation ends.

• 1 year later...